Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No sympathy for anyone who pre-ordered this or any other game.
    Hopefully it teaches you a lesson ...and that is DON'T PRE-ORDER GAMES !!!
    To quote South Park itself

"You know what you get when you pre-order a game ? A big dick in your mouth"

Preordered from Greenman gaming and requested a refund yesterday. Refund has already been approved and will be in my account shortly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

SeantheMan wrote: »
    No sympathy for anyone who pre-ordered this or any other game.
    Hopefully it teaches you a lesson ...and that is DON'T PRE-ORDER GAMES !!!
    To quote South Park itself

"You know what you get when you pre-order a game ? A big dick in your mouth"

It's the first time since Championship Manager 2 that I've pre-ordered anything but I don't regret it. I want the game day one, I want the special edition steel case that is a pre-order bonus on Amazon therefore I pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nothing wrong with pre-ordering with Amazon, they will not take the money out till the game is preparing for dispatch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with pre-ordering with Amazon, they will not take the money out till the game is preparing for dispatch anyway.

Exactly, I have it pre ordered since 26th June 2015 with them on PS4 for £34.99, no way am I cancelling at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Xenji wrote: »

Depends on the courier. Asendia are beyond a parody company at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

For those that have pre-ordered, have you received The Stick of Truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

dudeeile wrote: »
    For those that have pre-ordered, have you received The Stick of Truth?

Yep, only reason I pre ordered

Yep, only reason I pre ordered

Grand so, I've never played the it so I may go ahead. Amazon ye reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was very tempted to preorder it just for stick of truth but would only do it for a physical copy of tfbw so I could trade it when done and I think all physical copies only give you a code for sot when you get tfbw.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was very tempted to preorder it just for stick of truth but would only do it for a physical copy of tfbw so I could trade it when done and I think all physical copies only give you a code for sot when you get tfbw.

It's physical I'd look for and was about to order up from Amazon for the PS4 and I just presumed that you got a digital download code.

EDIT: Yep just checked on Amazon and the code comes in the box.

dudeeile wrote: »
    It's physical I'd look for and was about to order up from Amazon for the PS4 and I just presumed that you got a digital download code.

EDIT: Yep just checked on Amazon and the code comes in the box.

That's why I went with the ps store

I usually trade in games when I'm finished too but TSOT has decent replayability so I'm not too bothered for once

Just did a little price comparison check for the PSN digital versions.

Edition|Ireland|US|Canada
    Standard|€69.99|$59.99|$79.99
    Gold|€89.99|$89.99|$109.99

So cheapest is US for standard (€57ish) and Canada for Gold (€80ish).

Both come with TSoT and the Gold has the season pass and a few cosmetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ERG89 wrote: »
    Depends on the courier. Asendia are beyond a parody company at this stage.

They are the reason I go the Prime/Parcel Motel route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Hmm. I was actually looking forward to this. Pity about the delay. 2018 is crazy. I never played TSOT but after reading the reviews I went out and bought a cheap 360 and TSOT (and Batman Origins) just to give it a play through. Hope it's as good (i.e. Hilarious) as I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wont be pre ordering off Ubisoft store again. Ordered the special edition back last year and they charged straight away which was all right.

But now that the game has been delayed so much they wont even bother refund it.

Emailed them nearly 2 weeks ago and no response.

Worse thing is i never even got the stick of truth for pre ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

SteoL wrote: »
    Hmm. I was actually looking forward to this. Pity about the delay. 2018 is crazy. I never played TSOT but after reading the reviews I went out and bought a cheap 360 and TSOT (and Batman Origins) just to give it a play through. Hope it's as good (i.e. Hilarious) as I've heard.

it is, also there's a bit with Randy that'll make you physically ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Yes it is. It looks and sounds like a southpark episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Most I enjoyed myself playing a game in a long time. Not to overhype it, but I think they really did a great job. And I don't mind waiting for TFBW if that means it's of a similar standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I chose to keep my pre-order in place the last time Playstation sent out an email about how it was delayed and I could get a refund if I wanted. Unfortunately, just got an email from them today saying that as they still don't have a release date, they're going to refund me and cancel the pre-order regardless. Though they did say I get to keep The Stick Of Truth.

Have to wonder what has happened with it as a huge delay like this with no release date in sight seems like something pretty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lucky bastard getting TSOT free!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah, same here. I'm smashed this month so with the refund I'm going to get Horizon. Have this pre ordered on Amazon for £34 for 2 years now and only pre ordered on PSN for TSOT on PS4 as I have the PS3 version. I'm happy all round with how this turned out so long as the game does make it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, wouldn't have pre-ordered it only I wanted TSOT, and now I get it for free anyway :D

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, wouldn't have pre-ordered it only I wanted TSOT, and now I get it for free anyway :D

Same situation here, delighted to get the refund now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

"South Park: The Fractured But Whole" on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on OCTOBER 17

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Jimmy as the Flash. Classic!

It's like that ex that comes back, you don't fully trust them yet

But at the same time I'd love if it was out in time for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I love how they have that guy pissing all over the place. So funny, I cannot wait to play this game.

Advertisement