Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished the SoT and it was absolutely brilliant, start to finish. All side quests done, over 100 friends made. I thought it might burn me out for For TFBW but was well worth playing through. It kept surprising me all the way with the stories and characters, I just hope they have done fresh stuff for the new one. The abortion clinic was ****ed up!

Then my OH walked in near the end where the old guy gets naked and starts dancing around. "WTF is going on there?".... Believe me, you really don't wanna know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finished the SoT and it was absolutely brilliant, start to finish. All side quests done, over 100 friends made. I thought it might burn me out for For TFBW but was well worth playing through. It kept surprising me all the way with the stories and characters, I just hope they have done fresh stuff for the new one. The abortion clinic was ****ed up!

Then my OH walked in near the end where the old guy gets naked and starts dancing around. "WTF is going on there?".... Believe me, you really don't wanna know.

It was a good game with funny bits. Then also putting Canada as 16 bit or 8 bit(which ever it was). I found it really difficult when I was on the space ship. I had ran out of potions or food. But I just dropped the difficulty and then put it back up once I was back in South Park.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just pre ordered on Amazon UK for £44.99, incl the DL for TSOT.

Yeah I pre ordered last week. Havent got DL code yet but then again haven't been charged for it yet. And now I play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I would assume the DL code will be in the actual box

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This week's episode was a prequel to the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is there new episodes? Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've just pre-ordered it on Game Collection.

Dont know if they have the Stick of Truth included in it but if it is, I might play through that first. I only played about 10/15mins of it when it came out at a mates house and never got around to buying it then.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Game looks fantastic to be fair!

so much on my play list that I already own though... that being said might treat myself payday :D

Season Pass Details

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/south-park-the-fractured-but-wholes-season-pass-de/1100-6454054/
    “Danger Deck”, where players will have to face the ultimate combat challenge in Doctor Timothy’s Danger Deck . They will be able to unlock exclusive costumes and artifacts. “Danger Deck” will be available for $5.99 on December 2017.

“From Dusk till Casa Bonita”, a new story where players will team up with The Coon and Mysterion to defeat a demonic presence at Casa Bonita. This content will be available for $11.99 in 2018.

“Bring the Crunch”, which will introduce a new story, including an all new superhero class. It will be available for $11.99 in 2018.

“Relics of Zaron” (costume and perks pack), available for $4.99 on October 17th

“Towelie: Your Gaming Bud” (in game buddy giving tips), available for $1.99 on October 24th

SP-FBW-MysterionBusStop.jpg

SP-FBW-HenriettaCasaBonita.jpg

casabonitapromo_Oct11.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It downloaded this afternoon on my PS4 ready for release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

lertsnim wrote: »
    It downloaded this afternoon on my PS4 ready for release.

Same here. I'd preordered it way back when but the preorder was cancelled due to the game being delayed, so rebought it today so it's ready to go for Tuesday. Really looking forward to it, the latest episode of South Park sets up the story of the game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I never bothered pre-ordering as I will be in America for the launch. I will pick it up eventually. I was really late playing TSOT so I may wait till it is reduced in price ALTHOUGH if I start hearing people raving about it I will more than likely pick it up once I return from America.

My copy downloaded as well today, 20gbs which is 4 times the size of the first game. Watched the prequel episode and sets up the game really nice. Also the way Zucherberg said Shtyle made me laugh. I didn't know Cartman had a gf though and realised I'm only up to midway through season 18. Gotta binge before the game is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My copy downloaded as well today, 20gbs which is 4 times the size of the first game. Watched the prequel episode and sets up the game really nice. Also the way Zucherberg said Shtyle made me laugh. I didn't know Cartman had a gf though and realised I'm only up to midway through season 18. Gotta binge before the game is out.

Season 19 is beyond fantastic. 20 is a bit rougher because they had to focus so much on Trump stuff, but still some great episodes. But yeah, I'd expect a lot of references from the last few seasons in the game.

Review Scores
    Dual Shockers – 9.5
    Gaming Trend – 90/100
    Hardcore Gamer – 4.5
    Games Radar – 4.5/5
    GamesBeat – 88/100
    Game Informer – 8.75
    IGN – 8.5
    Destructoid – 8.5
    PC Games N – 8/10
    GameSpot – 8/10
    Game Rant – 4/5
    US Gamer – 4/5
    Shack News – 8/10
    Metro – 7/10
    Polygon – 7.0
    Daily Dot – 3.5/5
    Eurogamer – no score (“can’t quite replicate the sparkle for this fun but flawed RPG sequel”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why couldn't this have been out last night? Be a perfect way to spend this storm day immersed in the game

Why couldn't this have been out last night? Be a perfect way to spend this storm day immersed in the game

My power better be back on for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Review Scores
    Dual Shockers – 9.5
    Gaming Trend – 90/100
    Hardcore Gamer – 4.5
    Games Radar – 4.5/5
    GamesBeat – 88/100
    Game Informer – 8.75
    IGN – 8.5
    Destructoid – 8.5
    PC Games N – 8/10
    GameSpot – 8/10
    Game Rant – 4/5
    US Gamer – 4/5
    Shack News – 8/10
    Metro – 7/10
    Polygon – 7.0
    Daily Dot – 3.5/5
    Eurogamer – no score (“can’t quite replicate the sparkle for this fun but flawed RPG sequel”

The Polygon review should be largely disregarded. If you read it, the author confesses to not being a fan of South Park in the first place and argues that if the creator's had a more mature sense of humour, it would make for a better game.

I get the point on trying to remain as unbiased as possible, but the decision to choose someone who doesn't like South Park to review the game would be like asking a Green Peace advocate to review Forza or Gran Turismo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

My power better be back on for tomorrow!

You should have had a backup generator

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

Falthyron wrote: »
    The Polygon review should be largely disregarded. If you read it, the author confesses to not being a fan of South Park in the first place and argues that if the creator's had a more mature sense of humour, it would make for a better game.

I get the point on trying to remain as unbiased as possible, but the decision to choose someone who doesn't like South Park to review the game would be like asking a Green Peace advocate to review Forza or Gran Turismo.

Similarly, don't trust steam reviews of niche indy games that are "Overwhelming Positive". The only people that play these games are people are already hardcore converts to whatever it is. Axiom Verge for example. There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a Joe Bloggs to review a game.

if the creator's had a more mature sense of humour, it would make for a better game.

Wow, dunno what polygon is on about...

tumblr_ng2jvie8AG1qhz95yo1_500.gif

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have to disagree with this. Surely having a South Park superfan review the game would bring its own limits and biases? A healthy critical landscape is built around a range of opinions, and that's not what's achieved when you only have people predisposed to like a game talk about it. A review's job isn't to score it as favourably as possible. :)

It's been a long time since I've had any interest or enthusiasm for South Park the TV show, but I liked the original game for the confidence of delivery and how much it streamlined and cut out some of the usual RPG bloat. Certainly have lost a bit of interest in this given the reviews pointing out it's lost some of that conciseness...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I have to disagree with this. Surely having a South Park superfan review the game would bring its own limits and biases? A healthy critical landscape is built around a range of opinions, and that's not what's achieved when you only have people predisposed to like a game talk about it. A review's job isn't to score it as favourably as possible. :)

I'm not saying the reviewer has to be a superfan, but I believe they should be approaching the game from a fresh and open mind, not tainted before starting the process. Its no different to people who dislike Christopher Nolan films. They go into the cinema to see Nolan's latest feature knowing they dislike Nolan films and they come out saying it was terrible - hardly a surprise, is it?

The Polygon reviewer clearly went into TFBW disliking the South Park show and its style of humour and then produces a review that mirrors that prejudice. A more sensible choice would have been to pick someone who doesn't know anything about South Park, imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Polygon reviewer clearly went into TFBW liking the South Park show and its style of humour and then produces a review that mirrors that prejudice.

But surely the above is true then as well? :)

As said, I believe a real diversity of opinion is what makes for a great variety of discussion and debate, and that isn't achieved through just some bland 'objective' middle ground either.

Some of the best, most robust & thorough criticism in film is from those borderline obsessed with the work of individual directors. Equally, being confident enough to rip apart sacred cows can make for incredible, provocative writing. There's no right way to critique something, and certainly somebody not being predisposed to like South Park shouldn't disallow them from commenting on this game - hell, as someone in the same boat, I'm glad there's people out there writing about it with a similar attitude :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

But surely the above is true then as well? :)

As said, I believe a real diversity of opinion is what makes for a great variety of discussion and debate, and that isn't achieved through just some bland 'objective' middle ground either.

Some of the best, most robust & thorough criticism in film is from those borderline obsessed with the work of individual directors. Equally, being confident enough to rip apart sacred cows can make for incredible, provocative writing. There's no right way to critique something, and certainly somebody not being predisposed to like South Park shouldn't disallow them from commenting on this game - hell, as someone in the same boat, I'm glad there's people out there writing about it with a similar attitude :)

I kinda get what you're saying but in this case it would be like having someone who hates driving games with a passion reviewing a driving game. They don't need to get a superfan to review it just someone who doesn't hate south park and its humour as that is going to be a big part of the game. Chances are someone who hates south park isn't going to be interested in this game in the slightest anyway same as someone who hates driving games isn't going to be interested in a driving game.

What time will it be unlocked at? I'm sensing an impending stomach bug making me incapable of working tomorrow...

"This game will unlock in approximately 23 hours"

So tomorrow at 6pm apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What time will it be unlocked at? I'm sensing an impending stomach bug making me incapable of working tomorrow...

It unlocks at midnight if you bought on the Irish store, but nobody will believe you have a stomach bug...

Just tell the boss the storm blew the roof off your house and you couldn't sleep. You'll never have a better chance to use that excuse. :pac:

EDIT: 6pm?! That doesn't sound right, digital games usually unlock at midnight for me.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    It unlocks at midnight if you bought on the Irish store, but nobody will believe you have a stomach bug...

Just tell the boss the storm blew the roof off your house and you couldn't sleep. You'll never have a better chance to use that excuse. :pac:

EDIT: 6pm?! That doesn't sound right, digital games usually unlock at midnight for me.

Hmmm. Bought mine directly from steam for the full whack. It says that time on the steam store page for me. Hopefully that approximation is way off.

Advertisement