Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hmmm. Bought mine directly from steam for the full whack. It says that time on the steam store page for me. Hopefully that approximation is way off.

Ah that might explain it, I'm a console gamer and have never pre-ordered on Steam. It still sounds odd though, I don't see why they have a reason to hold the game back 18 hours on you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A Tuesday release reflects American release times, so that usually means either 0900 or 1000 in Pacific Standard Time, so about 1800 in Ireland. It also has the benefit of having Valve support available. Not all stick to this, but annoyingly many do.

Achievements/Trophies look straight forward, nothing missable apparently except for a difficulty based one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Achievements/Trophies look straight forward, nothing missable apparently except for a difficulty based one.

TSOT was like that too afair. I think so anyway this is just going by memory so I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TSOT was like that too afair. I think so anyway this is just going by memory so I could be wrong.

Nah sadly there was a collectable one (Chinpokomon) that if you missed one of them during the story you couldn't get it afterward because the environment changed. Think it was in the school or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Penn wrote: »
    Nah sadly there was a collectable one (Chinpokomon) that if you missed one of them during the story you couldn't get it afterward because the environment changed. Think it was in the school or something.

I just checked there and I have that achievement. And I don't go out looking to collect all achievements as I have a fair few left to get but can't be bothered going back to get them as I have already finished the game.

The way I got that Chipokomon achievement is because of the way I play games I like to search through every place in games where you find stuff like potions and food or even guns in some games like Borderlands.

Yeah that was very missable , as Penn said it was because the school changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tempted to get this tomorrow. Especially if I get a stick of truth code with it too.... >.<
    I normally don't like his reviews but ACG may have sold me on it as his review seemed to be from someone who understood what South Park is. Whether it's content is right or wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Anyone else cracking into this when it drops at midnight? Storm Ophelia has granted me an extra day off; I figure it’d be rude not to crack into TFBW.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My Canadian copy is locked and won't start on my Irish account, anyone else have the same problem?

Edit: nvm, started in Canadian account, it unlocked it and downloaded patch. Quit and tried Irish account and working fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Presume this will be Turn Based again? While I liked TSOT for the most part I could not get into the combat at all and gave up on it. Pity because it was probably the funniest game I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I wanna play it...but 70e....a bit too much tbh

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SeantheMan wrote: »

€40.99 on cdkeys: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-pc-uplay-cd-key

Presume this will be Turn Based again? While I liked TSOT for the most part I could not get into the combat at all and gave up on it. Pity because it was probably the funniest game I've played.

It took a bit of getting used to, especially since I'd rarely played games with turn-based combat before, but once you got into it I actually found the combat to be pretty great. I probably over-relied on some certain attacks and buddies but against tougher enemies it got pretty strategic and difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

It took a bit of getting used to, especially since I'd rarely played games with turn-based combat before, but once you got into it I actually found the combat to be pretty great. I probably over-relied on some certain attacks and buddies but against tougher enemies it got pretty strategic and difficult.

I thought the problem with that first game was that it wasn't in any way difficult whatsoever. By about the midway point of the game you could just one-shot every enemy pretty much. It looks like it's improved in this and more challenging though which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

SeantheMan wrote: »

I got it on Amazon for about €45 incl the stick or truth download, arrived this morning.

It's the only game I've played with that combat system. Likewise, I stuck to certain attacks and won most times so didn't bother to change anything and it just got boring for me. It seemed to ruin the flow of an otherwise great game. Obviously no disrespect to anyone who likes that. I really want to get this for the giggles but don't want to risk my €60 in case same happens. I'll keep an eye on the thread, it may change my mind.

It's the only game I've played with that combat system. Likewise, I stuck to certain attacks and won most times so didn't bother to change anything and it just got boring for me. It seemed to ruin the flow of an otherwise great game. Obviously no disrespect to anyone who likes that. I really want to get this for the giggles but don't want to risk my €60 in case same happens. I'll keep an eye on the thread, it may change my mind.

What kind of combat system would you prefer?

What kind of combat system would you prefer?

Real time combat? Not sure if that's the name but the type that's in the majority games I like; e.g.Arkham games, Bloodborne, Souls, Silent Hill,Resident evil etc. I feel TBC pauses the flow of the game. There's probably a knack to it that I don't get.

Cina wrote: »
    I thought the problem with that first game was that it wasn't in any way difficult whatsoever. By about the midway point of the game you could just one-shot every enemy pretty much. It looks like it's improved in this and more challenging though which is good.

That was true for most of the fights, especially random henchmen etc, but some of the named characters and bosses were difficult enough, due to huge HP and trying to replenish your HP & PP for moves. I remember ManBearPig in particular took ages to go down.

• Advertisement

Real time combat? Not sure if that's the name but the type that's in the majority games I like; e.g.Arkham games, Bloodborne, Souls, Silent Hill,Resident evil etc. I feel TBC pauses the flow of the game. There's probably a knack to it that I don't get.

It's just the difference between action and strategy. Action games you mostly just jump in, hit as much as you can and avoid getting hit. Turn-based combat, you're going to get hit, which means you have to think about what effect their turn will have on you, how to sacrifice your turn to set yourself up better for your next turn and do more damage, how/when to replenish health or available moves.

Like I said, I didn't really play any turn-based combat games before Stick of Truth, at least none I really remember. But I found SoT's combat enjoyable enough. Not the main reason I would have played, unlike some action games, but enjoyable enough that it didn't annoy me. I did regularly avoid fights whenever possible though as the game went on.

I couldn't' imagine anything but TBC working in this game world. How could they create a souls like game? I like the casual relaxing nature of TBC sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

60 on Argos for the console versions!
    41 on cdkeys for the pc version!

75 at gamestop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Arrived at the Parcel Motel this morning, will not have it till tomorrow, could of made good use of it yesterday.

Check out the uplay rewards, there is an iron man costume and assassin's creed costume for your character, both look class.

First loading screen:

"If you are having trouble with some of the battles, try getting better at the game"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

First loading screen:

"If you are having trouble with some of the battles, try getting better at the game"

I got a tip saying there's no jump button. A few seconds later in the intro sequence I fall to my death missing a jump prompt....

The gamesphere is gas, always updating anytime you turn it on. The toilet mini game is gas as well. Much offering the whole superhero setting than the fantasy, costumes are much better so far.

Anyone know how to view a full size image of a pic you have taken? I took a photo of me and the goth kids looking mopey with a dark filter. I want to see it full screen to take a screenshot with the PS4 but the viewer in phone only shows a small display of it.

I'm a bit torn on the combat. Having to move around for attacks definitely adds a new element to it, but since you no longer have to use weapons, and stickers to improve your gear and weapons to add status effects etc, it's feeling a bit bland. I've barely paid any attention to anything I've collected because it seems like it's all just used for recipes and stuff.

I'm still early enough in the game anyway and just unlocked artifacts which I guess are the replacement for the stickers & weapons, so I'll keep belting away anyway.

Game is great so far anyway. Some really funny moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just received my code from Amazon for Towelie. Game hasn't moved from PacelMotel Dublin since yesterday :(

Advertisement