Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a business account

Options
  • 16-06-2015 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

So I'm after setting up both a YouTube and website. I'm wondering do I need to set up a business account with a bank as I intend to use adsense and if I start making a few euro's off it I don't want to get stung for tax avoidance or something silly like that. Anybody have any advice?
    I hope to maybe become a personal trainer in time too so I assume I will need some form of account for that anyway.
    All advice is appreciated

Edit: Things like twitter ads and google adwords required a Vat/Tax Id and I am not sure what that is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No. Just make sure that you keep good records. This is very easy to do with AdSense because you only get one payment per month.

Then declare the income to Revenue.

By the time you get large enough to need to register for VAT, you will be affording an accountant to help with stuff like that. In the meantime, just leave the registration number blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Okay, and again, silly question. How do I declare to revenue and is it only if I earn over a certian amount?

9bred4 wrote: »
    Okay, and again, silly question. How do I declare to revenue and is it only if I earn over a certian amount?

Not silly questions.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/running/registering-tax.html#section2

And no, it's all profit = income minus allowable expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I also work a full time job so does that affect it? Just before I click the link and read it all

No, your full time job has no effect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement