Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Na Móna Equipment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭jaymla627

rangler1 wrote: »
    Really annoys me to see self employeds hard earned tax money going n such wilful waste......... wonder is the HSEs hospitals waiting lists due to similar wilful waste/inefficencies or every other public service either
    A friend was brought in to drive a silage harvester for the summer on the bord na mona farm, he wasn't allowed top up his tractor with oil and often had to wait hours for a fitter to come and do it, so the whole crew were idle as well

Hse is one of the best funded health services in the world per person in terms of money spent per citizen so yes its fair to come to that conclusion, have seen invoices for parts to bord na mona where the seller has a 200-300% mark - up its crazy the inefficiencies that exist in public sector spending but doubt that will change anytime soon.
    Theirs simply no motivation/stick to beat public sector employees with to be more efficent/less wasteful and provide better value for money, given the compo culture that exists in Ireland even if you tried to change this you would be hit with a massive amount of unfair dismissal claims/strikes/harassment in the workplace etc...
    The Angela Cairns story especially sickens me the women was creaming 250 k a year out of rehab that was a charity that was losing money but because she was brought to point about it and rightly she's now suing the state for a mental breakdown apparently caused by a oireachats commite who had every right to know what the f**k she thought she was doing pulling a salary like that from a charity that wasnt making a dime

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Heard from a reliable source that there is another big scandal to break about another Irish charity. This one will really sicken you!!!

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Hse is one of the best funded health services in the world per person in terms of money spent per citizen so yes its fair to come to that conclusion, have seen invoices for parts to bord na mona where the seller has a 200-300% mark - up its crazy the inefficiencies that exist in public sector spending but doubt that will change anytime soon.
    Theirs simply no motivation/stick to beat public sector employees with to be more efficent/less wasteful and provide better value for money, given the compo culture that exists in Ireland even if you tried to change this you would be hit with a massive amount of unfair dismissal claims/strikes/harassment in the workplace etc
    I don't know about Bord ba mona because it's semi state and has different rules I think but a friend of mine works in procurement in the public service and they have very stringent checks on buying supplies. 3 quotes for everything under €1000 I think from tax compliant suppliers and no wriggle room for dodgy deals. Anything bigger than €1000 needs 5 quotes and director level sign off. All audited by an external auditor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

croot wrote: »
    I don't know about Bord ba mona because it's semi state and has different rules I think but a friend of mine works in procurement in the public service and they have very stringent checks on buying supplies. 3 quotes for everything under €1000 I think from tax compliant suppliers and no wriggle room for dodgy deals. Anything bigger than €1000 needs 5 quotes and director level sign off. All audited by an external auditor.

I've experience of this myself. It's become a real box ticking exercise.
    At director level I've seen lads signing for stuff that they've little clue about. They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

croot wrote: »

I was in hospital a few years ago and the corridors where the ops happen were covered in boxes, asked one of the nurses what was the story? Oh the procurement team took advantage of a bulk order discount. What were the chances though that they thought of the amount of money tied up, the risk of damage, theft etc due to lack of storage etc etc. The bulk order discount if properly costed more than likely was costing them money. The civil service could do with bring in some people with real world experience. Btw not suggesting all who work in the civil service lack this just some:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Grueller

Really annoys me to see self employeds hard earned tax money going n such wilful waste........

What about paye workers? Does their tax not matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Grueller wrote: »

What ever pot it comes out of it's still a waste
    The only thing is that bnm generate their own revenue so it mightn't be coming out of any pot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

It mustn't when we're accepting such poor public services...

It mustn't when we're accepting such poor public services...

Tbh I am not having a go but self employed people seem to often think we are the only ones that pay tax. Paye workers are by far the hardest taxed group in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Tbh I am not having a go but self employed people seem to often think we are the only ones that pay tax. Paye workers are by far the hardest taxed group in the country.

Not so.PAYE tax credit is €1,650, self employed tax credit is €550.

• Advertisement

Self employed in general don't get weekends off, nor three weeks holidays and usually have 40 hrs work done by Wednesday, That's why I hate to see my hard earned tax money wasted by inefficiency and bad manangement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Self employed in general don't get weekends off, nor three weeks holidays and usually have 40 hrs work done by Wednesday, That's why I hate to see my hard earned tax money wasted by inefficiency and bad manangement

What about those fools amoung us who work both a PAYE job and then pay tax on the farm income (although the second is less of an issue) ;)

Should we be twice as annoyed as you, or half as annoyed? I'm not sure which ;)

Not so.PAYE tax credit is €1,650, self employed tax credit is €550.

The amount of stuff that self employed can put through as business expenses though more than makes up for that where a paye worker has very little they can claim. Not saying that claiming these reliefs is wrong, just that they are not available to paye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

anyone at the wilsons auction on saturday? any idea what the tw25 on half tracks made

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Landr

It made €3200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Any more auctions coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭148multi

Anyone seen what the Ford Ranger went?

€400

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

any idea what the ford 4600 made?

asked a lad who knows a friend who worked

any idea what the ford 4600 made?

asked a lad who knows a friend who worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

This came from BNM auction i believe, i never understand why people take the injector pump off a yoke and she was going perfect !!!!!!!!! Lick of paint and she would be like new.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/fiatagri-f130/13799617

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

liam7831 wrote: »
    This came from BNM auction i believe, i never understand why people take the injector pump off a yoke and she was going perfect !!!!!!!!! Lick of paint and she would be like new.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/fiatagri-f130/13799617

Well, considering the other one he's selling came from that auction would indeed point it was BNM stock..

But, since he obviously bought with the idea of cleaning up and moving them on I'd wonder just how much of a "project" that would be, moneypit might be another name, surely if it was a decent project he'd do it himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Tricky enough tractor to work on too I'm nearly certain them f series fiat's have electrics in the lift and gearbox which are needlessly complex, at least that's what I was led to believe was the downfall of the local contractors one. Back in the early noughties

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Tricky enough tractor to work on too I'm nearly certain them f series fiat's have electrics in the lift and gearbox which are needlessly complex, at least that's what I was led to believe was the downfall of the local contractors one. Back in the early noughties

With no injector pump it would be hard to check alright. Did some have a reduction splitter in the gearbox, you just flicked the main gear lever over towards yourself to change down speed about 10%? Something must have gone wrong for the bnm mechanics gremlins to cannabilize the injector pump.

I wonder what's the scrap value?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭selectamatic

blue5000 wrote: »
    With no injector pump it would be hard to check alright. Did some have a reduction splitter in the gearbox, you just flicked the main gear lever over towards yourself to change down speed about 10%? Something must have gone wrong for the bnm mechanics gremlins to cannabilize the injector pump.

I wonder what's the scrap value?

Something like that alright blue, electronic draft control as well if I remember correctly all very advanced stuff for the time but when things went wrong men who were used to 110-90's were left scratching their heads. Lovely looking tractors though but definitely not something that'd stand up to the riggers of Bord na Mona work/operators for a sustained period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

definitely not something that'd stand up to the riggers of Bord na Mona work/operators for a sustained period of time.

bnm took delivery of their first load of new john deere 6830s the last summer I worked for them. They got the pure bog standard machines (no pun intended!) I wonder how they will last, as they will be expected to do 20+ years of work, with a mixture of different operators, some of which, I wouldn't let drive a bumping car! The grills in front of the radiator would get clogged with dust very fast, and over heat as a result.

The new holland 8360 was a great machine in the bog, most of the machines in my area had 12 seasons done, and going strong. Mixture of range command and manual gear boxes. Same with the TM series, gave very little hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

They also right off much more expenses against their tax than paye have the opportunity to, plenty of paye people work nights, weekends, Sundays lates, earlies etc.
    Working hard isn't confined to the self employed.

_Brian wrote: »
    They also right off much more expenses against their tax than paye have the opportunity to, plenty of paye people work nights, weekends, Sundays lates, earlies etc.
    Working hard isn't confined to the self employed.

That's like the nurse interviewed on the news one night, she claimed she just came off a thirteen hour shift....she neglected to mention that she only had two more of those shifts that week. and maybe work only 46 weeks in the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Back on topic please, gentlemen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=107309

those other two tractors are BnM, the 65 94 has a long new parts list!

Advertisement