Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i get this sorted? fast.

Options
  • 16-06-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All, so i've been trying to get my broadband set up for the past 3 months. i had issues ordering as the first 2 orders were cancelled and nobody could tell me why, then i had issues with technicians not turning up on teh days they were supposed to. finally the line has been set up. then my modem apparently got lost in the post so they sent another. the broadband was still not active so i kept calling and was told oh it's due to activate tomorrow. ive heard this every day for a week now. so i knew 2 KN agents who kindly checked the line on my road and also checked inside and advised the line is definitely active that there is an issue with the modem it seems. so between using twitter, customer care phone, tech support phone and online everyone has told me something different so the latest is ive to wait another 10 days as it looks like a problem with activation. i firmly believe no one has a clue whats going on and they just fob me off. its so frustrating to ring customer care and to be transferred around int circles and never actually get anyway. had i known the issues that id have to go through there is no way id have signed up with Eircom, there is no communications between departments, no ownership, no official way to complain. its an absolute joke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tmary1 wrote: »
    Hi All, so i've been trying to get my broadband set up for the past 3 months. i had issues ordering as the first 2 orders were cancelled and nobody could tell me why, then i had issues with technicians not turning up on teh days they were supposed to. finally the line has been set up. then my modem apparently got lost in the post so they sent another. the broadband was still not active so i kept calling and was told oh it's due to activate tomorrow. ive heard this every day for a week now. so i knew 2 KN agents who kindly checked the line on my road and also checked inside and advised the line is definitely active that there is an issue with the modem it seems. so between using twitter, customer care phone, tech support phone and online everyone has told me something different so the latest is ive to wait another 10 days as it looks like a problem with activation. i firmly believe no one has a clue whats going on and they just fob me off. its so frustrating to ring customer care and to be transferred around int circles and never actually get anyway. had i known the issues that id have to go through there is no way id have signed up with Eircom, there is no communications between departments, no ownership, no official way to complain. its an absolute joke.
    Hi Tmary1

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this. Please PM me your eircom order/account number and I will investigate this further. If you have contacted eircom on Twitter about this please also include the last date of correspondence.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tmary1

hi alan did you get that account number?

hi alan did you get that account number?
    Hi Tmary1

Thanks for your PM, I see my colleagues Tracey and Amber have been investigating this for you and I have seen the correspondence of Tweets and direct messages.

I have been informed that the activation of your line has failed and as a result a technician will be required to complete the activation of your line.

Unfortunately this has a 10 working day time-frame. I see you have expressed your disappointment on this and I would also like to offer my sincere apologies also.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

yes i've literally contacted everyone but at least this time people are leaving notes, the first 2 months no one could find any notes on any of my issues so i guess thats something. the thing i dont understand is a technician was in my house this morning and toke a picture of the information on his device which told him that service was in the house. i can have this sent to any of you i can call him if it means someone actually listening to me? he assumed it was an issue with the modem as the broadband was connecting intermittently and then disconnecting.
    a previous agent in technical support i called  confirmed that they can see sporadic connections also? how can this happen if there is no line connection?
    how are so many different agents coming up with so many different theories? it baffles me. i work in the telecommunications industry so i have a basic understanding of how these things work, activating accounts etc. and i know for a fact it is not as difficult as agents are making out.
    so here are the theories i have been told so far
    - thursday, it will activate tomorrow
    -friday, it will activate saturday
    -saturday, it will activate Monday.

Mon - first agent, everything is activated
           - second agent, its partially activated.
    Tuesday - the order is only in a processing state.
                 - its a technical issue.
                 - its a provisioning issue and now it appears to be an issue at the exchange. and the no one seems to be listening to me when i tell them i literally had a technician call to my house and fair play to him he called twice, between yesterday and today and has photographic evidence that the DSL is active and coming into the house. when he reset the modem it briefly caused the broadband light to turn green which was the first time it had happened so this convinced me even more that the issue is with the modem.

I have provided more then enough information and actively sought out a technician yet you expect me to wait another 10 days for another technician to call out? seriously?
    what else do i have to do on this? no one is listening to me. if this issue was picked up on last friday the ten days would have began then so i have lost time due to that. i have also lost time due to the fact that the first modem was not sent for over a week (another mistake)

can someone look at this issue as if it was the first time they've come across it instead of reading previous agents notes as no one is looking objectively and just wants to pass it on? Please?

Hi Alan,

yes i've literally contacted everyone but at least this time people are leaving notes, the first 2 months no one could find any notes on any of my issues so i guess thats something. the thing i dont understand is a technician was in my house this morning and toke a picture of the information on his device which told him that service was in the house. i can have this sent to any of you i can call him if it means someone actually listening to me? he assumed it was an issue with the modem as the broadband was connecting intermittently and then disconnecting.
    a previous agent in technical support i called  confirmed that they can see sporadic connections also? how can this happen if there is no line connection?
    how are so many different agents coming up with so many different theories? it baffles me. i work in the telecommunications industry so i have a basic understanding of how these things work, activating accounts etc. and i know for a fact it is not as difficult as agents are making out.

- its a technical issue.
                 - its a provisioning issue and now it appears to be an issue at the exchange. and the no one seems to be listening to me when i tell them i literally had a technician call to my house and fair play to him he called twice, between yesterday and today and has photographic evidence that the DSL is active and coming into the house. when he reset the modem it briefly caused the broadband light to turn green which was the first time it had happened so this convinced me even more that the issue is with the modem.

I have provided more then enough information and actively sought out a technician yet you expect me to wait another 10 days for another technician to call out? seriously?
    what else do i have to do on this? no one is listening to me. if this issue was picked up on last friday the ten days would have began then so i have lost time due to that. i have also lost time due to the fact that the first modem was not sent for over a week (another mistake)

can someone look at this issue as if it was the first time they've come across it instead of reading previous agents notes as no one is looking objectively and just wants to pass it on? Please?
    also can i ask where the activation of this line takes place? the exchange that my friend was at yesterday? or another agent advised me it was because the account at your end hadn't gone through properly. can you be specific so i can get an understanding of what the issue is? so i can call my friend and ask him. i honestly dont think anyone knows what the actual issue is? no fear someone would offer to send a replacement modem, you know general troubleshooting would great.

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

a previous agent in technical support i called confirmed that they can see sporadic connections also? how can this happen if there is no line connection?

- its a technical issue.

also can i ask where the activation of this line takes place? the exchange that my friend was at yesterday? or another agent advised me it was because the account at your end hadn't gone through properly. can you be specific so i can get an understanding of what the issue is? so i can call my friend and ask him. i honestly dont think anyone knows what the actual issue is? no fear someone would offer to send a replacement modem, you know general troubleshooting would great.

Hi Tmary1

You have posted here and have been in correspondence over Twitter in relation to this issue.

I would like to kindly request that correspondence is kept to one channel to help prevent confusion.

The information provided by Tracey on twitter is completely acurate. The electronic enablement of your line failed and an engineer will be required to complete activation - unfortunately this can take up to 10 working days.

I understand the response to your issues have been confusing and I apologise for this.

I'm sorry I cannot offer you better news

Thank you

Al

Hi Alan,

a previous agent in technical support i called  confirmed that they can see sporadic connections also? how can this happen if there is no line connection?

- its a technical issue.

Hi Tmary1

You have posted here and have been in correspondence over Twitter in relation to this issue.

I would like to kindly request that correspondence is kept to one channel to help prevent confusion.

The information provided by Tracey on twitter is completely acurate. The electronic enablement of your line failed and an engineer will be required to complete activation - unfortunately this can take up to 10 working days.

I understand the response to your issues have been confusing and I apologise for this.

Thank you

Al
    Hi Alan,

Never in my life have i read that a customer cannot query through different channels? how is this confusing if each of you are investigating this issue from the beginning? 
    Also as per above the technical engineer who already investigated this has photographic evidence that the line is active so you want me to wait another ten days for another Engineer to do the same thing?
    you have omitted to comment on practically all of the questions i have queried above. i understand your frustration if you do not have the answer for these but as a customer care representative your job is to investigate these issues.
    if you guys are confused how do you think i feel the only reason there is any confusion is because so many people in Eircom have basically made a shambles of my order from day one and i feel like i am getting nothing but grief for querying my issue.

This has been noted with Comreg, not that any of you will take a blind bit of notice of it but it is good to have these things in writing. So i will be back at the end of the ten days if an Engineer actually turns up to continue this conversation and it will not be private.

Have a great day.

Hi Alan,

a previous agent in technical support i called  confirmed that they can see sporadic connections also? how can this happen if there is no line connection?

- its a technical issue.

Hi Tmary1

Thank you

Al
    Hi Alan,

Never in my life have i read that a customer cannot query through different channels? how is this confusing if each of you are investigating this issue from the beginning? 
    Also as per above the technical engineer who already investigated this has photographic evidence that the line is active so you want me to wait another ten days for another Engineer to do the same thing?
    you have omitted to comment on practically all of the questions i have queried above. i understand your frustration if you do not have the answer for these but as a customer care representative your job is to investigate these issues.
    if you guys are confused how do you think i feel the only reason there is any confusion is because so many people in Eircom have basically made a shambles of my order from day one and i feel like i am getting nothing but grief for querying my issue.

This has been noted with Comreg, not that any of you will take a blind bit of notice of it but it is good to have these things in writing. So i will be back at the end of the ten days if an Engineer actually turns up to continue this conversation and it will not be private.

Have a great day.
    Hi Tmary1

I do not intend to suggest that you cannot query this through multiple channels - I have kindly requested you to do this in order to prevent confusion and enable us to offer you the most accurate and up to date information.

I do understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry I cannot offer you better news. I will request that this case with our engineers is treated as priority in light of the inconvenience created so far.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement