Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 5 hanging on update.

• 16-06-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Any help would be appreciated here guys and gals. Went to update an iPhone 5c and the update keeps crashing when the install is being verified. The status line goes just past the apple symbol and then crashes with the message The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)

I tried installing the firmware manually and get the same error every time. I also tried on my mac mini and got a fail there too.

Any help input would be appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Have you tried a DFU mode restore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Yes. I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

tallus wrote: »
    Yes. I have

What update is it? Did you skip one? Like 8.2 to 8.4. It shouldn't matter but I'd investigate that just to eliminate it.

naasrd wrote: »
    What update is it? Did you skip one? Like 8.2 to 8.4. It shouldn't matter but I'd investigate that just to eliminate it.

It's the latest update from Apple. Can't access the iphone as it is stuck on the Apple logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Try it on a different pc.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Try it on a different pc.

Tried it on 2 of the pc's in work, and I'm now trying it on my Mac Mini and still getting the same error.

I wonder if I back up another iphone to itunes, and try to restore it to that backup would it work.

Any thoughts ?

Have you tried restoring it as a new phone?

Have you tried restoring it as a new phone?

Yes, I have. I'm trying a different cable now .. what a disaster.

Try downloading the firmware first and then use SHIFT + restore to pick that?
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Try downloading the firmware first and then use SHIFT + restore to pick that?
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Trying that now. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

I download both the gsm cdma versions for iphone 5c and neither work.
    Trying another firmware I downloaded earlier again, who knows.. I might get lucky.

You said you already tried DFU, how did ya get it back out of DFU? It should just be a black screen as if it was off.

You said you already tried DFU, how did ya get it back out of DFU? It should just be a black screen as if it was off.

Yep it's out of DFU. I'm now trying an older version of ios manually by hitting the shift key.

Did a quick google, and iphone 5 4 version is the correct one for this phone. Downloading that now..

Is it a 5 or 5c? you wont be able to install anthing but the latest supported ios version.

It's a 5C.

Ok getting version 8.3.0 now. Jesus it's just as well I don't have a download cap.

Thanks for the input/ Help guil, and anyone else who commented, it's really appreciated.

Advertisement