Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Preview Invite thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hmm. You guys aren't the first to tell me that an invite I sent hasn't resulted in a response. No one knows the process that Microsoft goes through when sending out invites, which is infuriating, it seems to be totally random at times.

Whats interesting is, the "preview dashboard app" that they let you download that has the "register my device" option also has the "invite a friend" option so even though i haven't gotten the full download yet, i can invite friends already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Whats interesting is, the "preview dashboard app" that they let you download that has the "register my device" option also has the "invite a friend" option so even though i haven't gotten the full download yet, i can invite friends already.

There isn't a system update available by any chance? Settings>System> 3rd option down on left hand side. Give it 10 secs to check for update to make sure.

It's been so long now since I got the preview dash that I can't remember exactly how it actually installed onto my xbox.

I'm just thinking maybe you actually have the preview dash right now and because it looks the very same you wouldn't notice. Can you try one of the currently compatible 360 games or something?

Or does it say in the preview program app that you aren't in it yet or something?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    There isn't a system update available by any chance? Settings>System> 3rd option down on left hand side. Give it 10 secs to check for update to make sure.

It's been so long now since I got the preview dash that I can't remember exactly how it actually installed onto my xbox.

I'm just thinking maybe you actually have the preview dash right now and because it looks the very same you wouldn't notice. Can you try one of the currently compatible 360 games or something?

Or does it say in the preview program app that you aren't in it yet or something?

no, after you register it says to check for one and it might take over 72 hours, that was 11 days ago.

I check system -> update now everytime i power on, had a few normal updates but no big system updates.

what is your dashboard version under console info?

when i open the priview dash app it says im "enrolled" but i see no xbox 360 games, apart from that rare replay everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I haven't gotten anything yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

*Invites
    (doh)

No probs. Let me know when you get the update so we can roughly gauge how long it's taking these days!

Just to update, I never got anything from them and its been about two weeks now.

Would it be possible to invite me again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

amadablam wrote: »
    Just to update, I never got anything from them and its been about two weeks now.

Me too if possible :o

List gamertags again and I'll send out invites tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

GT is Munster Butto

Thanks again

Thanks MiskyBoyy

Meant to add gt in last post :(

demeyes1

Thanks again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Sent a few invites out there to anyone asking on this page, if you want to get another invite, then include your GT in the post.

Hopefully a few others will send you invites as well, the more the merrier I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

GT: Longford Leader

Thanks.

GT: Longford Leader

Thanks.

Alright just sent invites to yourself, Munster Butto & demeyes1

Thanks MiskyBoyy, appreciate it.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

Got the invite overnight. Installed this morning. Will check it out when I get home this evening. Thanks

efIDi3M.gif

Had a lil chat with a M$ employee and he filled me in on the invite process, he said not all invited persons will be selected and if your initial invite did not go through you can try again. He also said the preview dashboard app you download when the invite succeeds is just to register your device for the main dashboard update and news and feecback etc, however you just don't get the BIG update when you register, it can take up to 1 month to get the update because the update goes out in waves (currently wave 16 from july 25th i believe?) only so if your console is enrolled via the desktop preview app (it tells you if you're enrolled are or not), then you will not get the update until the next actual preview dashboard update is released with all the others, not on demand.

So if this is true, if you're enrolled, you should be all set for the august/september preview update due in a week or so.

SharpCoder wrote: »

Had a lil chat with a M$ employee and he filled me in on the invite process, he said not all invited persons will be selected and if your initial invite did not go through you can try again. He also said the preview dashboard app you download when the invite succeeds is just to register your device for the main dashboard update and news and feecback etc, however you just don't get the BIG update when you register, it can take up to 1 month to get the update because the update goes out in waves (currently wave 16 from july 25th i believe?) only so if your console is enrolled via the desktop preview app (it tells you if you're enrolled are or not), then you will not get the update until the next actual preview dashboard update is released with all the others, not on demand.

So if this is true, if you're enrolled, you should be all set for the august/september preview update due in a week or so.

Good information there. :)

Just to add that according to forums, invitations have to be sent from an Xbox One or the Xbox One Smartglass app.

Good information there. :)

Just to add that according to forums, invitations have to be sent from an Xbox One or the Xbox One Smartglass app.

How else can you send them?

How else can you send them?

It just said 'do not send via the web' kinda asked myself the same question.

Here is the link, I meant to post it previously http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-console-gaming/318084-xbox-preview-invites.html

You can also keep a track of the updates and build numbers via thread below

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/update_preview_forums/default.aspx

OEfHSPz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, saw that earlier on, bit disappointing for everyone that wants to get in. I'd say, judging from the slow down in acceptance rates here, that this began a few weeks ago.

OEfHSPz.jpg

Lol that might explain why I never got anything from them.

Thanks for the invitations anyway though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Might be a stupid question but how do you play your 360 downloaded games on your Xbone?
    I had it on the preview about a month ago but its not there anymore

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any invites going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Any invites going?
    The last few people I've sent it out to all got the message essentially saying that they are currently reaching capacity for the preview program and would not be accepting new sign ups for the time being.

OEfHSPz.jpg

MOD NOTE: As MiskyBoyy has pointed out, Microsoft has stopped taking new members into the preview program.

Until Microsoft reopen the preview program to new entrants, there's not much point in having this thread, so I'm leaving this notice here for anyone looking for invites, and I'll close this thread.

Sorry for everyone that didn't get in!

Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

Hey, just got an Xbox one. How can I get an invite to the preview program?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

jamesoc85 wrote: »

Just post your GamerTag here. I should be online at some stage today and send you an invite.

It takes a while for MS to process it though. Mine took about 2 weeks, although it probably takes a bit longer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They stopped taking on new people a while back. You can still invite people but chances are they'll never hear anything back.

New dashboard will probably be released before they add anyone at this stage, its due out next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    trixiebust wrote: »
    Just post your GamerTag here. I should be online at some stage today and send you an invite.

It takes a while for MS to process it though. Mine took about 2 weeks, although it probably takes a bit longer now.
    They stopped taking on new people a while back. You can still invite people but chances are they'll never hear anything back.

Sorry mate, forgot about that! I'll send you an invite anyway, you never know..

Advertisement