Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston station to Vicar Street?

Options
  • 16-06-2015 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what's the quickest way to get from Heuston station to Vicar street please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Can anyone tell me what's the quickest way to get from Heuston station to Vicar street please?

http://www.dublinbikes.ie/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Or even walk, it's not far

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

I'd walk it. Luas to Four Courts and walk from there if raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's a 21 minute walk with simple directions and no delays waiting for a bus.

Walk out the front door, follow the LUAS tracks to your right, across St John's Road west, up to the top of Steevens Lane, then left onto St James' St/Thomas St and 15-ish minute walk to the venue which is on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭billythefish99

Do they not get google maps down the country or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If you follow the luas line towards james hospital and turn left, Vicar St is just down on your right. Should do it in about 20 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

get luas to james hospital and walk down, its a striaght road - cant miss vicar street and will take around 10 min walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

If you can't be helpful, don't post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Taxi would be far quicker than walking.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies. We're going to see Dara O'Briain tonight and our hotel is by the train station. We'll have a wander around this afternoon and find it so there's no panic tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

walk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Taxi would be far quicker than walking.

Not necessarily, Taxi's have to go down the Quay's, so you're at the mercy of traffic and roadworks. I work at Heuston and it takes 20 mins to walk to Vicar street

21/25

Thanks for the help, we used an app on my husbands phone, the only problem with google maps, or whatever app it is, doesn't take note that short cuts often have junkies in them at night:eek: We got the bus to the Four Courts and walked from there, after lots of booze we couldn't find the way back so got a cab back to the hotel. :)

Advertisement