Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fightstick won't go left

• 16-06-2015 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭

I couldn't see a stick repair topic to bump.

My KO-kiki dual-modded Madcatz TE Round 1 has stopped consistently accepting inputs for the left cardinal direction. It does kinda go left sometimes if I press really firmly in the direction, but subtle inputs don't work.

If I hold down-back in training mode with inputs on, I can see the inputs rapidly flashing between down-back, and down.

Clearly I have worn down the emotional resolve of the stick by playing too many charge characters.

I haven't cracked up a fightstick before, so I was wondering if something like this was easily fixable or requires replacement parts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's normally a loose connection on the stick and can just be pushed back in to place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah it's usually super easy, just a lose cable that's designed to click back into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Clearly I have worn down the emotional resolve of the stick by playing too many charge characters.

This I miss the most D. Classic

DSC02024.JPG

Simple as dude.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Kiki asked me for some innards pictures so:

2015-07-17%2019.40.22_zpsh3vtmmgk.jpg

2015-07-17%2019.40.51_zpssifom8ug.jpg

2015-07-17%2019.48.35_zpsyv0nhbsi.jpg

2015-07-17%2019.49.20_zpsbncrn1au.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Zoolander stick.

Working as intended. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, can't really see anything outwardly wrong with it.

Cheapest fix would be to get a new 5-pin cable (e.g. from eBay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1x-Arcade-5Pin-Cable-Perfect-Replacement-To-SANWA-JLF-H-5-PIN-Joystick-Cables-/191564091071 ) and see if that works.

If it doesn't, you can then buy a new JLF-TP-MA microswitch assembly, OR a full new joystick and install that.

Advertisement