Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Nervous about today.

Seems to be a buzz around Newcastle at the moment. They will be well up for this.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He's no fool of course, but how successful have his US sports teams been? His basketball team the denver nuggets have never won a title. Or been to the nba finals. His ice hockey team the colorado avalanche have not won the Stanley cup in 24 years. Almost as long as Liverpool. The St. Louis Rams haven't even made the playoffs since 2004.
    He's not concerned with trophies. Just the finances being stable. Also how much would he have to invest to get to increase the value of arsenal to him? 100m?nah, Chelsea and city are both trying to put 150m into their teams this season. Rodgers has spent 300m since joining Liverpool. Van gaal nearly the same on United. Kronke sees this spending and sees us keeping up with 4th while spending 10m and he's over the moon.
    He's never invested anything into the club apart from when he bought the shares.
    He's unlikely to want to change that.

US Sports are run differently, with salary caps etc.

Chelsea, Man U etc have sold players as well, so what they have spent isnt as high as you say. Chelsea also stand to get money back from the sale of de Bruyne to City.

In any case, I think most Arsenal supporters would be happy if £50-70m was spent on a couple of quality players. There is still time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Basil3 wrote: »
    In any case, I think most Arsenal supporters would be happy if £50-70m was spent on a couple of quality players. There is still time.

For me though it's about more than signings at this stage. Signings are only one issue, sloppy and weak performances are as worrying. I'm sure we will click and go on a run. Whether we'll be too far behind at that point is the thing.

For me though it's about more than signings at this stage. Signings are only one issue, sloppy and weak performances are as worrying. I'm sure we will click and go on a run. Whether we'll be too far behind at that point is the thing.

Agreed, but I put our performances 100% down to the players. As I've said before, if that Ramsey offside call wasnt made and we won the Liverpool match, everyone would be reasonably happy right now with where the team is sitting, despite average performances.

The champions are normally teams that win when they play like rubbish (Chelsea last year), have refs decisions go their way (Man U any year they win), or a combination of the two.

We can only hope some of our players find form and match deciding decisions go our way.

Arsenal: Cech, Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Alexis, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott

Subs: Opsina, Debuchy, Arteta, Gibbs, Campbell, Giroud, Chambers

Ozil with a minor knee injury. Excited to see that this team can do. Have high hopes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Campbell on the bench? I wasn't even sure he was still with us.

Alexis playing just behind Walcott by the looks of things? I might be on my own here but I think he played his best football for us last season just behind the striker. Hope he can show that again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Plenty of pace in that line up. Hopefully we won't miss Ozil's guile too much. Pleased to see Kos has recovered. Be interestiing to see how his partnership with Gabriel develops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Could be Sol knowing Wenger.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

When did Campbell sneak back to us? How did his loan spell in Spain go last year???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

wonga77 wrote: »
    When did Campbell sneak back to us? How did his loan spell in Spain go last year???

1 goal in 14 or 15 appearances, think a lot of them were off the bench.

• Advertisement

Right Im off out to watch this one, gonna win 2 - 1
    No idea who's getting the goals but 1 is gonna come from a corner or set piece to make us all look like fools...

like to see Sanchez get off the mark today

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Alexis playing just behind Walcott by the looks of things? I might be on my own here but I think he played his best football for us last season just behind the striker. Hope he can show that again today.

reckon it'll be ramsey behind walcott with sanchez remaining on the left

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If that team clicks there should be plenty of goals. Ozil missing is bad for my already struggling FF team though >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil for Santi and thats probably our best team at the moment. Would like to see Walcott offer a bit more up top now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Surely ...

Coq
    Rambo
    Ox - Caz - Alexis
    Wally

That's everyone in their preferred position, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Our bench looks pretty woeful today :(

Bellerin, Per, Kos, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ozil and Welbeck have all missed at least one game each through injury already this season. Not looking great on the injury front.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bellerin, Per, Kos, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ozil and Welbeck have all missed at least one game each through injury already this season. Not looking great on the injury front.

Per isn't injured and two of those players are starting today. Unless we end up with a load of long term absences there's nothing much to worry about.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Per isn't injured and two of those players are starting today. Unless we end up with a load of long term absences there's nothing much to worry about.

Cant see how we are meant to have any continuity though with these small injuries building up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Big game for Walcott today. Wenger clearly not happy with Girouds form. Might see a CF come in yet.

Already lost patience with Ramsey.

Can't do a simple pass anymore.

Natural wingers playing on the wing finally

Ramsey not at the races so far. Terrible return ball to ox, and given the ball away easily already. Needs to have a word with himself

Natural wingers playing on the wing finally

Tactical innovation from arsene

Ramsey not at the races so far. Terrible return ball to ox, and given the ball away easily already. Needs to have a word with himself

Been terrible except for that 6 month run he had.

Great save but think Walcott should have done better there

Gotta say, offensively we are looking good so far.

Another ****e decision

• Advertisement

Should have been a pen. Mid table sides getting lucky decisions against us this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That's a pen alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Denied a stonewall penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Should have been a pen. Mid table sides getting lucky decisions against us this week.

Is it a conspiracy yet?

Dominating. Should have been a pen, just need to be patient, it's coming

gosplan wrote: »
    Is it a conspiracy yet?

Campaign against Arsenal!

• Advertisement

Deserved. He's a moron

OK, surely we can't mess this up now....

Filth. Straight red.

Mitrovic is a dirty ****er.

Harsh red imo.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    OK, surely we can't mess this up now....

We'll totally arsenal it now

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Harsh red imo.

He knew exactly what he was doing, definite red.

Fierce dirty team

Johner wrote: »
    He knew exactly what he was doing, definite red.

Yeah I hadn't seen the replay, you're right.

There's a match thread up now btw folks, so move match discussion there please :)

Good to see the ref taking decisive action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

They could end up with 8 or 9 on the pitch at the end.
    And we could end up with some injuries.

We need a CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We've looked so devoid of anything even resembling a cutting edge up front so dissapointing

We need a CF.

No doubt. Starting the only one in the squad would have been no harm either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

I hope I'll be proved wrong but I just don't see Walcott becoming a good CF let alone a top one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement