Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know its early days but it looks like City will piss the league and after that its a free for all

Also I thought this place was bad, There over on the chelsea thread calling for mourinho's head already ....christ above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I know its early days but it looks like City will piss the league and after that its a free for all

Also I thought this place was bad, There over on the chelsea thread calling for mourinho's head already ....christ above
    The pool thread is equally entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

S/o to the Arsenal fans who still defend Fabregas. Even Chelsea fans know he's a fraud now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ozil didn't even make the bench today and still managed to score two more points than Coutinho in my fantasy team :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

BTW lads in the post match interview today Wenger said he was "optimistic" of a signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Didn't see the game so i'm looking forward to MOTD.
    A win is a win. 3 valuable points gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Jaafa wrote: »
    BTW lads in the post match interview today Wenger said he was "optimistic" of a signing.

He always says that. I think the chances of him signing someone between now and deadline day are around 50% going on previous seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Didn't see the game so i'm looking forward to MOTD.
    A win is a win. 3 valuable points gained.

I wouldn't bother if I were you. If you saw the Liverpool game, you saw this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gas you'd swear they had generations of success before himself and Roman came along

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Jaafa wrote: »

He is probably talking about autographs, lol.

• Advertisement

Your man from bt is suggesting Ozil as left out today cause he will be involved in some transfer deadline day madness

S/o to the Arsenal fans who still defend Fabregas. Even Chelsea fans know he's a fraud now.

Pretty much won them the league last year.

Ah now that's simply not true.

bad2dabone wrote: »

Had a ridiculous amount of assists in the first half of the season when they built their lead that let them cruise to the end.

Don't let that get in they way though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Don't let that get in they way though

Yeah we're trying to bash arsenal/Wenger here.. We need a mod note so people don't go off buttons topic. Buttonftw knows all this stuff inside out... We are rubbing shoulders with the elite here. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That's just not true. Costa had more goals than Fabregas assists by December. It's a moot point of course but Fab was an effective cog in the machine.

gosplan wrote: »
    That's just not true. Costa had more goals than Fabregas assists by December. It's a moot point of course but Fab was an effective cog in the machine.

Not forgetting hazard. Or John Terry. Chelsea won the league well as a team last year. It wasn't fabregas on his own and it's incorrect to suggest as much.

• Advertisement

They wouldn't have won it without Cesc. I have no love for the guy at all but he was absolutely vital to Chelsea's title win. His form just so happened to track Chelsea's form last season, funny that.

There's always more goals than assists. The way he played at the start of last season was seriously exceptional, as laid out in the article I linked.

They wouldn't have won it without Cesc. I have no love for the guy at all but he was absolutely vital to Chelsea's title win. His form just so happened to track Chelsea's form last season, funny that.

So was Hazard, Costa, Matic, Terry, Ivan, Courtois.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You could say the same for Courtois,Terry,Matic,Costa and Hazard.
    Cesc wasn't the reason they won the league. If i had to pick a single player it'd be Hazard.

Sure Cesc was pretty poor in the 2nd half of the season.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You could say the same for Courtois,Terry,Matic,Costa and Hazard.
    Cesc wasn't the reason they won the league. If i had to pick a single player it'd be Hazard.

Sure Cesc was pretty poor in the 2nd half of the season.
    Hazard finished with 10 assists for the whole season.

It was Cesc who put them top, when he faltered so did the team but they could cruise to the title in massive part due to his outrageous first half of the season. We'd be jizzing like crazy if we had a player who could get 19 assists in a season however they were spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

He's been average since the turn of the year. And he has hasn't been the same player since he left us. The reason Chelsea won the title is down to Hazard, Costa and the defence simple as.

• Advertisement

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment

But hey it took the heat of wenger for a while :)

We'd be jizzing like crazy

I can't imagine you ever jizzing over Arsenal till they win the league.

Hazard finished with 10 assists for the whole season.

It was Cesc who put them top, when he faltered so did the team but they could cruise to the title in massive part due to his outrageous first half of the season. We'd be jizzing like crazy if we had a player who could get 19 assists in a season however they were spread.

Wow. All you need to win the league is for Cesc to play well for half a season. Shame it never worked that way for every other season he faded halfway through....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fabregas is gone; who cares about him? I love the guy, even though he forced his way out, and wish things had worked out differently but such is life.

I see Nabil Fekir notched a hatrick for Lyon this evening... Time maybe to readjust and take a punt on the likes of him an hope he can step it up a level. I know it's Ligue Un but Hazard came from there too.

symbolic wrote: »
    I can't imagine you ever jizzing over Arsenal till they win the league.

That's certainly a bizarre mental image. The lads all celebrating and then the celebrations turning very wrong as Buttonftw stands over them. Grinning. Lad in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Your man from bt is suggesting Ozil as left out today cause he will be involved in some transfer deadline day madness

Has this appeared anywhere else?

I'd hate to lose him tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Haven't seen the game was out today. Delighted with 3 points especially with results elsewhere going our way!

MOTD should be good especially the Pool game

That's certainly a bizarre mental image. The lads all celebrating and then the celebrations turning very wrong as Buttonftw stands over them. Grinning. Lad in hand.

He might even struggle to get it up then

Drexel wrote: »
    Has this appeared anywhere else?

I'd hate to lose him tbh

If Ozil goes... I cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mr OG does it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Vermallen just scored for Barca... Delighted for him, class act!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Do we know more on this Ozil situation?

There's always more goals than assists. The way he played at the start of last season was seriously exceptional, as laid out in the article I linked.

Yeah, I don't disagree he was great but so were others.

Check the points in first half vrs second half. Cesc out of form, injured and banned Costa but they keep getting the points.

So you could equally say the defence won them the league.

Then you could say Hazard did.

The truth is that the team did.

Yeah, I don't disagree he was great but so were others.

Check the points in first half vrs second half. Cesc out of form, injured and banned Costa but they keep getting the points.

So you could equally say the defence won them the league.

Then you could say Hazard did.

The truth is that the team did.

I think if you find yourself having a discussion with him, you are missing his point. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Do we know more on this Ozil situation?

I'm 100% sure it's bullcrap.
    If there was any truth to it we'd be hearing more from more reliable people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

He's probably been asked to stay on the Phone until the transfer windows closes to tap up a selection of his national team mates :D

He also tweeted congratulations to the lads today, he's unlikely to be doing that if he's on his way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd be flabbergasted if Ozil went anywhere no chance of him leaving imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭emmetlego

It was widely reported by reliable Twitter folk earlier in the month that he was signing an extension!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Gabriel looks a super player, think he might keep Mert out of the team long term.

We need to up our game big time if we are to have any chance of a title run, I'm sure we will improve but a top striker would really help.

Still holding out for gzotè

Still holding out for gzotè

Another attacking midfielder? Why?

I think if you take stock, then there's a lot of reasons to be pleased since the opening day fcuk-up.

We're not scoring but we're not conceding either and that's massive for us. Just think back three years and imagine an out of form us conceding one goal and getting 7 points from 3 games.

We're creating chances - lots of chances. Between them Sanchez, Giroud, and Wally can score a decent amount of goals. What we're seeing now is depressing us but their real level is a bit above this. It may not be where we want it to be but it's more than a combined 1 goal in 4 games.

This is us grinding out points, just like Chelsea did at the tail end of last year.

I'm not saying we'll win the league or anything but there's a lot that's working well.

West Ham, Palace, Pool, Newc was not an easy start.

We could have done better but we could have done way worse.

We've used 4 CB's in the last 3 games and conceded once. We've also seen about the best DMF performances you could hope for. Lots of problems hav been fixed.

Another attacking midfielder? Why?

Think there is room for another winger with goals in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I think if you take stock, then there's a lot of reasons to be pleased since the opening day fcuk-up.

We're not scoring but we're not conceding either and that's massive for us. Just think back three years and imagine an out of form us conceding one goal and getting 7 points from 3 games.

We're creating chances - lots of chances. Between them Sanchez, Giroud, and Wally can score a decent amount of goals. What we're seeing now is depressing us but their real level is a bit above this. It may not be where we want it to be but it's more than a combined 1 goal in 4 games.

This is us grinding out points, just like Chelsea did at the tail end of last year.

I'm not saying we'll win the league or anything but there's a lot that's working well.

West Ham, Palace, Pool, Newc was not an easy start.

We could have done better but we could have done way worse.

We've used 4 CB's in the last 3 games and conceded once. We've also seen about the best DMF performances you could hope for. Lots of problems hav been fixed.

I agree with most of this, except that I would argue that West Ham and Pool at home, and Palace and Newcastle away was definitely a relatively easy start, as these things go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement