Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Martial to United? Surely we can find someone out there

Come AB it's just a tweet 15ms ago they were signing Austin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Soups123 wrote: »
    Come AB it's just a tweet 15ms ago they were signing Austin!

Is Mohamed Bouhafsi not meant to be really reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

50m though Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Disappointing about the lack of incoming players but all told that was a pretty decent weekend (apart from City) !

Higuain scoring again. Surely some sort of deal could be done for 45-50? Dont mind overpaying for top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Higuain scoring again. Surely some sort of deal could be done for 45-50? Dont mind overpaying for top quality.

You're underestimating just how mad De Laurentis is. He won't budge on 60.

You're underestimating just how mad De Laurentis is. He won't budge on 60.

Even with no champions league football? Damn :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well its not exactly your money, why would you mind???

efb wrote: »

True, just dont think the media or anyone like that could knock us as its a massive area of need for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

efb wrote: »

In fairness we're not City or Chelsea so if we blow the lot on one player it means there's less available should we need someone in another area. So it is a valid consideration.

That being said; we are in need so when needs must... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

cson wrote: »
    In fairness we're not City or Chelsea so if we blow the lot on one player it means there's less available should we need someone in another area. So it is a valid consideration.

Don't worry Wenger's been stocking up on his Tesco and Asda vouchers.

Is Mohamed Bouhafsi not meant to be really reliable?

Not sure who he is but it was a very changing United thread over the 15 mins

I'm with you on Higuian although I'd be happy to see the club pay the 50/60m euro he'll get you goals no problem proven time and time again

cson wrote: »

Not really we could easily afford two players at those prices if we wanted.

Looking at how misery we've been so far this summer id rather see it spent than just being creamed again by the money men at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AdamD wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/3ixkyw/filtered_list_of_europes_highestscoring_forwards/

Makes for grim reading. I honestly think our best bet is to go for a young striker who may have a lot of potential, something we probably should have done about 2 years ago.

Don't like quoting my own posts but seriously read it, there are **** all decent attackers going. Look at who United are being linked with, Martial and Charlie Austin :eek:

I think Arsenal and United goofed it and missed out on some of the high potential players who moved earlier in the window

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't like quoting my own posts but seriously read it, there are **** all decent attackers going. Look at who United are being linked with, Martial and Charlie Austin :eek:

I think Arsenal and United goofed it and missed out on some of the high potential players who moved earlier in the window
    You don't think Higuian is decent?

The Austin thing has been proven to be BS

• Advertisement

Cavani has scored a brace for PSG against Monaco tonight. Doubt he'll be leaving Paris

Soups123 wrote: »
    Not sure who he is but it was a very changing United thread over the 15 mins

I'm with you on Higuian although I'd be happy to see the club pay the 50/60m euro he'll get you goals no problem proven time and time again

He would improve us so much. 31 goals last year!! Another year of Guroud leading the line fills me with no confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Gomis would be good

Kike Marin tweeting about interest in Higuain.

Please! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I actually think Higuain is the ONLY striker that fits the bill right now.

a: finisher
    b: different style to Giroud
    c: good enough
    d: gettable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Would Muller be possible? He has 5 goals from 3 games in the Bundesliga thus far...

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Would Muller be possible? He has 5 goals from 3 games in the Bundesliga thus far...

We're probably more likely to sign Gerd now than Tomas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Feel like we missed our chance 2 years ago with higuan.

Wouldn't pay the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We massively f*cked up by not getting Higuain when we had the chance. Bonkers decision not to stump up the cash.

keano_afc wrote: »
    We massively f*cked up by not getting Higuain when we had the chance. Bonkers decision not to stump up the cash.

It was the right decision at the time. We had a fee agreed with Madrid and at the last minute they wanted an extra 10M or something stupid like that. If we'd gotten Higuain then we'd probably have lost out on Ozil.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Feel like we missed our chance 2 years ago with higuan.

Wouldn't pay the extra money.

Given that Utd and Madrid (and PSG in a year) are down to a single striker, it should be blatantly obvious to anyone that should a world class striker stick his head up, he will not be joining us.

Missing our chance with Higuain two years ago should really have taught us not to miss it again because in two years time, Higuain will still be scoring goals and we'll still have Giroud as our main CF.

I am not saying that we were wrong not to get Higuain last time. We chose to activate Suarez's release clause instead - not a bad choice at all.

I am not saying that Giroud will be useless in 2 years' time.

I am simply saying that the chances of finding a better option than Higuain between now and then is very very low.

We are not PSG, Real, Barca or Bayern. We are Arsenal - world class strikers will not join us, we have to make them. Sign Higuain - he and Giroud will look after the spot for a few years.

Higuain is better than Benzema anyways imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Higuain is better than Benzema anyways imo

Higuain is the better goalscorer, but Benzema offers far more as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Higuain is a well established bottler though. Do we really want to reintroduce that back into this team?

Higuain... meh
    He'd either do really well or flop big time. Napoli would only sell if we made a very large bid and ihe really isn't worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not sure why anybody would turn their nose up at higuain he's way better than anyone we have up front. As for the price tag, not sure why that bothers people either, not coming out of any of our pockets and the club is well able to afford him.

The same people that are weary of us splashing out on him are the same people giving out that Wenger is penny pinching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Van persie was worth another shot for a lowsey 3.8million if you ask me. This season and next season left in him as a top striker

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Higuain... meh
    He'd either do really well or flop big time. Napoli would only sell if we made a very large bid and ihe really isn't worth it.

Tbh, it'll never be 'worth' it. We either overpay or get players below what we want.

Besides, the money is not worth anything sitting in the accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Apparently Martial has agreed personal terms with Utd. Yes the transfer fee is mental and yes he's very raw, but looks like they found a striker, just like they found a DM earlier with Schneiderlin. Meanwhile, our search for a single outfield player this summer goes on...

Apparently Martial has agreed personal terms with Utd. Yes the transfer fee is mental and yes he's very raw, but looks like they found a striker, just like they found a DM earlier with Schneiderlin. Meanwhile, our search for a single outfield player this summer goes on...

It's great for them to be spending crazy money, I guess. Don't think any man u fans are excited about the move. Will he be better for them than Hernandez/RVP/Falcao? Its a major punt.

Tomorrow night, it will all be over. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Found a striker that no ManUtd fan is happy with. He won't improve us(at least going by the people who watched him) and Monaco wants more than 70M for him. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's great for them to be spending crazy money, I guess. Don't think any man u fans are excited about the move. Will he be better for them than Hernandez/RVP/Falcao? Its a major punt.

Training dummy would have been better than Falcao at United, re RVP he was very average last season and IMO we won't miss him. He wouldn't have done any better in this team and has no pace at all. So good we offloaded both of them.

Selling Hernandez would be a big mistake though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

To be honest, today is the day, unless we want Charlie Austin. The French, Spanish, Italian and German markets close at midnight tonight (six hours earlier in Germany). So any major European club signing we want to make would likely require the selling club to sign a replacement within the next few hours.

Zero new transfer links for us this morning though. We're done, and have been for a long time. Two more seasons of this.

To be honest, today is the day, unless we want Charlie Austin. The French, Spanish, Italian and German markets close at midnight tonight (six hours earlier in Germany). So any major European club signing we want to make would likely require the selling club to sign a replacement within the next few hours.

Zero new transfer links for us this morning though. We're done, and have been for a long time. Two more seasons of this.

I admire your positivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I keep hoping this place is going to kick into a frenzy with transfer news but nope all we get is tumbleweed.

We're not even really being linked to anyone. Hopefully we can pull another Ozil off.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We should test Napoli's resolve with a £15m bid for Higuain, I know they said they wanted £70m but you can never trust club owner valuations :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We would wanting to be hearing something by this eve if anything is gonna happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I wonder are our scouts interested in anyone outside the major names? Swansea look to have got a great bargain in Ayew and he came on a free transfer.
    I asked this a while back but whatever happened to Michu, one season wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

wonga77 wrote: »
    I wonder are our scouts interested in anyone outside the major names? Swansea look to have got a great bargain in Ayew and he came on a free transfer.

He spent last season on loan at Napoli and only made three starts I read. Swansea won't be taking him back Monk said.

I admire your positivity.

Are you confident we'll do the business in the next 24 hours to improve the team from last season and challenge for the league?

• Advertisement

and last year they bought Di Maria and Falcao - that worked out well too.

We found a DM in January that cost us nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

wonga77 wrote: »

I've always liked Ayew and was suprised he didn't go to a bigger club. He stood out as a player years ago when we played Marseille in the Champions league.

I think if we can't find a CF at least buy a winger with goals in him Reus would do nicely :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How much a year do we spend on scouting?

Quazzie wrote: »
    How much a year do we spend on scouting?

Probably the same amount we spend on the 24 hour transfer team.

talks of Joe Dodoo? Id rather have given Akpom a chance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement