Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

This is from BBC about Cavani:

but the Gunners are up to something.

:D

seen that yesterday as well. If we do get someone if wont be a big name. We'd have heard by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Don't think we'll get Dodoo, we are in competition with Bury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I have this mental image at the moment of Arsene at Manchester International Airport with a Martial sign about to hijack LvG's signature signing ;)

It would be funny but EXPENSIVE !!!

gandalf wrote: »
    I have this mental image at the moment of Arsene at Manchester International Airport with a Martial sign about to hijack LvG's signature signing ;)

It would be funny but EXPENSIVE !!!

In fairness reading what the united fans think of the deal within the united thread suggests the joke would be on us.

Potential wise its a good signing but like us they were hoping for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Didn't spurs offer €10m for martial only for Monaco to ask for €20m?
    Now United offers €50m.

If you've got it spend it I suppose.

Or keep tonnes of it in cash reserves. Whatever works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Drexel wrote: »
    seen that yesterday as well. If we do get someone if wont be a big name. We'd have heard by now.

This.

There'd be noise somewhere if we had someone lined up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Didn't spurs offer €10m for martial only for Monaco to ask for €20m?
    Now United offers €50m.

If you've got it spend it I suppose.

Or keep tonnes of it in cash reserves. Whatever works.

This thread would implode if we bought him for 50million

Drexel wrote: »
    This thread would implode if we bought him for 50million

No we are desperate we need feeding, when you are starving and theres money in the pocket you dont care how much it costs..................... feed me Arsene fffffeeeeeeeedddddd mmmeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So United go out and agree a 36 million fee for a striker yet our shopping striker shopping trolley remains empty even though Wenger says we're in the market.

It's like asking a blind man to pick those few remaining nettles from the flower bed.

I've been telling yis all along there's nobody coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Monreal starts following Athletic Club on Twitter on deadline day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I know we want a striker, but would we be happy had we spend that much money on an unknown 19 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So United go out and agree a 36 million fee for a striker yet our shopping striker shopping trolley remains empty even though Wenger says we're in the market.

It's like asking a blind man to pick those few remaining nettles from the flower bed.

I've been telling yis all along there's nobody coming.

Must have missed that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

I know we want a striker, but would we be happy had we spend that much money on an unknown 19 year old.

Well he's not that unknown to us as him and his Monaco team knocked us out of the Champions League last season, with the damage being done at home in the first leg.

He is far from unknown?? Its a lot of money and we don't know for sure if the amount being reported is right but it seems like a lot.

DenMan wrote: »
    Well he's not that unknown to us as him and his Monaco team knocked us out of the Champions League last season, with the damage being done at home in the first leg.

He might have played against us, but he is still an unknown for me and probably for a majority here.

• Advertisement

He might have played against us, but he is still an unknown for me and probably for a majority here.

That doesnt make him an unknown!

QUOTE=Soups123;96824491]He is far from unknown?? Its a lot of money and we don't know for sure if the amount being reported is right but it seems like a lot.[/QUOTE]

BBC have confirmed it is £36 million. So defo a lot of money...he almost looks like Welbeck 2.0

https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/638340382519074816

Soups123 wrote: »

for 36 Mil - he is an unknown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Soups123 wrote: »

Unknown to me and i'd imagine unknown to most of us here at least.

This Leicester fella is the definition of an unknown!

• Advertisement

for 36 Mil - he is an unknown :)

We signed plenty of players who were virtually unknown under Wenger.
    If it's the 36 million that's worrying people again i'd say we are not accountants, we're fans. Leave the money side of it to them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had never heard of him before the last week either, if he registered while we played them I had forgotten/didn't care. There's a lot of footballers I haven't heard of though.

If it's the 36 million that's worrying people again i'd say we are not accountants, we're fans. Leave the money side of it to them.

OK, as a fan I don't know who he is and don't care that we didn't sign him. I also don't care that Man U signed him, and neither do their fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Lads we were linked with him too, just looks a bit sad to be slagging him off and he has not even made his debut. I

Tayto - I'm an accountant by profession, so can't help it....:D

But signings are judged by Cost here...We have Coq but people are craving for another DMF because we didn't spend money on him.

If we get someone on cheap, people will slate Wenger for not spending even though we should be looking at signing rather than the money spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

...have we signed anyone yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

liam7831 wrote: »
    Lads we were linked with him too, just looks a bit sad to be slagging him off and he has not even made his debut. I
    How is saying you've never heard of him slagging him off?

Basil3 wrote: »
    OK, as a fan I don't know who he is and don't care that we didn't sign him. I also don't care that Man U signed him, and neither do their fans.

I once said that when Anelka arrived. Never heard of him before.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

liam7831 wrote: »

I don't consider admitting my ignorance of the player to be slagging. He must at least be promising for them to stump up that kind of cash but it's still a bit of a gamble.

Tayto - I'm an accountant by profession, so can't help it....:D

But signings are judged by Cost here...We have Coq but people are craving for another DMF because we didn't spend money on him.

If we get someone on cheap, people will slate Wenger for not spending even though we should be looking at signing rather than the money spent.

I love Coq and he has been brilliant.
    I want back-up for him and preferably someone on a par with him, better if possible for the future. I think Flamini and Arteta are on their last legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

First Tuesday Club of the season is out (at last).

He did play against us in the Champions League - left a big impression obviously..

466618140-hector-bellerin-of-arsenal-and-anthony-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVm5e1LwFq16rhoc4XwSSHUtBfHlikdRCRC2MsXejP5PkrI1HtT1qYRnEp%2bPnw%2b9OA%3d%3d

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Some rumours of Monreal to Bilbao. Surely a load of bs???

omega man wrote: »
    Some rumours of Monreal to Bilbao. Surely a load of bs???

Gibbs as first choice left back then :(

Its Cadena SER reporting it too. If true we need 3 players in 24 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Selling nacho is pissing me off more than not signing anyone

Selling nacho is pissing me off more than not signing anyone

Might have been our steadiest player of the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I will be disgusted if we sell Nacho. He's turned into one of the best left backs in the league...why on earth would we sell him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thats a bit worrying. Cadena SER are pretty reliable. I remember they broke that we'd signed Reyes before anyone even knew we were interested. Selling Monreal would be bonkers.

• Advertisement

I will be disgusted if we sell Nacho. He's turned into one of the best left backs in the league...why on earth would we sell him?

We sold Clichy the same way. Happened very quickly.

Is this all because he's started following them on twitter or is there anything concrete to go on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I don't think anyone has said they want a DMF because Coq was cheap. We want competition for him incase he gets injured or his form dips.

Monreal is not going to Bilbao. Don't be daft people! Can they even afford his wages ?

greendom wrote: »
    Monreal is not going to Bilbao. Don't be daft people! Can they even afford his wages ?

As far as I know Bilbao only sign players from the Basque region. Is Monreal from Basque?

Would make maybe the tiniest bit of sense if they had a world class striker we needed, and if he hadn't just signed a contract extension...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I asked few weeks ago about his contract situation.

Need him to sign asap.

As far as I know Bilbao only sign players from the Basque region. Is Monreal from Basque?

He was brought up in Ossasuna in Navarro which is in the wider Basque area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Basil3 wrote: »
    Would make maybe the tiniest bit of sense if they had a world class striker we needed, and if he hadn't just signed a contract extension...

Did he sign it?

I thought he didn't.

I don't think anyone has said they want a DMF because Coq was cheap. We want competition for him incase he gets injured or his form dips.

Would the Opinion be same, if we had spent 25+ Mil on him only a season ago...I doubt.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is this all because he's started following them on twitter or is there anything concrete to go on?

Has to be makes no sense.

That or the club are throwing this out to distract the fact we arent signing anyone!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement