Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Quazzie wrote: »
    Theo Walcott. So good they named him twice. I suppose thats one way to boost numbers.

And with Alexis and Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

any fun games we can play to pass the time until Kallstrom, Arshavin or Diarra re-signs?

Well I'll be playing Metal Gear Solid once I get home from work in the morning. No SSN for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Never heard of the lad were signing from psg

Jean-Kévin Augustin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Jean-Kévin Augustin

Why not just keep Akpom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jean-Kévin Augustin

That'd make sense. Go for Cavani - come home with a young French lad with a handful of senior appearance to his name.

That'd make sense. Go for Cavani - come home with a young French lad with a handful of senior appearance to his name.

Wenger knows :rolleyes:

What about Charles "Charlie" Charles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Never heard of the lad were signing from psg

Were is that coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So how about an 18 year old PSG player on loan?

Jean Kevin Augustin with 2 substitute appearances and no goals

Ho hum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

It's the second coming of Anelka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

His middle name is Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

greendom wrote: »
    So how about an 18 year old PSG player on loan?

Jean Kevin Augustin with 2 substitute appearances and no goals

Ho hum

We're is this stuff coming from?

Kim kallstrom all over again if it's true.

We're is this stuff coming from?

Kim kallstrom all over again if it's true.

Hopefully without the broken back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Utd good for a laugh today. Looks like de gea move was royally fcuked up!

Hopefully without the broken back

By the sounds of it with his two sub appearances no goals hell be about as useful as a lad with a broken back.

omega man wrote: »
    Utd good for a laugh today. Looks like de gea move was royally fcuked up!

There making a show of themselves Twitter is great viewing tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

There making a show of themselves Twitter is great viewing tonight

One thing united fans do well is a good and proper out and out meltdown :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't think I've seen us linked with anybody on my twitter since we signed Cech. I only follow the most legitimate of journos but that still says a lot as in previous summers even those guys have linked us to players.

A bit confused as to where half the links in this thread come from though.

United thread has 1700 posts since yesterday, holy ****.

• Advertisement

Tbh most are just names been thrown out there to fill column spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm fine with a young striker but not on loan, or at least with buy option.

Bar Higuain, there's fcukin no one to buy that makes our forward line significantly better.

No problem bringing in someone that a Wenger sees potential in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

gosplan wrote: »
    I'm fine with a young striker but not on loan, or at least with buy option.

Bar Higuain, there's fcukin no one to buy that makes our forward line significantly better.

No problem bringing in someone that a Wenger sees potential in.

Whisper it quietly but Higuain is overrated in my opinion. He's a good forward but he's nowhere near the top bracket of strikers and the money quoted for him is insane.

I know everyone wanted a striker but I'm convinced Higuain would flop and be a huge waste of money.

Definitely a weird window. No real rumours flying around, but no reliable sources saying arsenal's business is done.

Monreal to Bilbao? Huh?
    Galatasaray to bid for the ox? What the?

End of the day, if nobody is brought in, Wenger has shown the ultimate faith in this squad. They better step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Amazed we didn't manage to sell or loan Joel Campbell this window. Still time, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Campbell was in the squad for Newcastle....should have stuck him on to be in the shop window. ...then again maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Basil3 wrote: »
    Definitely a weird window. No real rumours flying around, but no reliable sources saying arsenal's business is done.

Monreal to Bilbao? Huh?
    Galatasaray to bid for the ox? What the?

End of the day, if nobody is brought in, Wenger has shown the ultimate faith in this squad. They better step up.

Well by this logic he has showed ultimate faith in every most windows and the team didn't step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Good to see Wenger getting his French tv work done ahead of Arsenal.

Oh I forgot he has a team working night and day on transfers. I'd love a job with them.

A transfer window the Americans must love. Thanks Arsene for spending sfa, here's a bigger bonus.

Arsene has been great for the club. Worked miracles with budgeting for the new stadium. Brought trophies galore over the years.

But whether it is stubbornness from old age or not wanting to buy a trophy , he is abysmal when it comes to transfer windows. More frustrated with this window than broken back window. Previous excuses about having to qualify for cl weren't there. As for the nonsense re who could improve is and is available, we have enough money to make those moves happen.

Anyone thinking there is no one out there that could improve us is as deluded as Arsene is. But at least Arsene gets a bonus on profits and has an incentive not to spend cash unlike us fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm as unhappy as anyone about his transfer reticence, but I don't think that he's not signing anyone because he's motivated by a cash bonus for not spending.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'm as unhappy as anyone about his transfer reticence, but I don't think that he's not signing anyone because he's motivated by a cash bonus for not spending.

I agree I think it comes down to arrogance and misguided belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

bad2dabone wrote: »

I agree but point I was making was whilst you could assume Arsene could be motivated by that by not spending money, no fan should care about the money side. As a fan we should want that £100m cash chest spent before the yanks rip it out in dividends for their "expertise".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Soups123 wrote: »
    I agree I think it comes down to arrogance and misguided belief.

Gary Neville? Is that you? :)

Ah fcuk just woke up to realise my dreams of Higuain, Cavani, Pogba fcuking anyone at all have been shattered.

Damn you Dick Law damn you Wenger get the finger out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

We don't need another Danny Welbeck, if the right players aren't available, just leave it.

symbolic wrote: »
    Gary Neville? Is that you? :)

It is Phil, good morning

Telegraph are saying some russian site are reporting we're looking at Aleksandr Kokorin from Dynamo Moscow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Frustrating to not sign a good striker really. If it really was a priority then we should have been able to get one.

Swansea got Gomis for nothing, and looks top class so surely there could have been someone available. I don't know who myself as I ain't too up on world football.

Our form will improve and we will score goals but in the end it will not be enough once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

gandalf wrote: »
    Telegraph are saying some russian site are saying we're looking at Aleksandr Kokorin from Dynamo Moscow.

That was doing the rounds last week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I think a bit of perspective is needed regarding the transfer window. We have a pretty solid squad, if we are adding then we need to be adding world class. We need a backup DM and starting CF. We have a very strong midfield and we can change formation easily. CF is an issue, but the talent was simply not available. Look at what Liverpool and Utd just paid for CFs, ridiculous amounts for average or unheard of players. I'm glad Wenger is not panic buying like other clubs and I am disappointed we didn't get a world class CF, but at least we are not throwing around silly money. Unfortunately I think we will struggle with goals in comparison to Chelsea and City which could lead us to contesting 3/4th again.

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    I think a bit of perspective is needed regarding the transfer window. We have a pretty solid squad, if we are adding then we need to be adding world class. We need a backup DM and starting CF. We have a very strong midfield and we can change formation easily. CF is an issue, but the talent was simply not available. Look at what Liverpool and Utd just paid for CFs, ridiculous amounts for average or unheard of players. I'm glad Wenger is not panic buying like other clubs and I am disappointed we didn't get a world class CF, but at least we are not throwing around silly money. Unfortunately I think we will struggle with goals in comparison to Chelsea and City which could lead us to contesting 3/4th again.

Contesting for 3/4th again just isn't good enough anymore there is no reason for us to find that acceptable at all.

How often can we continue to say we're just a player or two short and then continue to make up excuses for Wenger and the club season after season.

TBH I think a lot of us are more on edge because the players are currently not performing to the best of their abilities. I have a feeling that when the team clicks one of our opponents is going to get an absolute pasting.

With regard to any signings, unless it is someone who improves the 1st team I don't think we should bother signing anyone. Logically looking at what is going on I do not see anyone that is available that will improve us. There is no way Cavani is going to be sold by PSG unless he has been found in bed with the owners wife or something of that magnitude.

jester77 wrote: »

This has become a new excuse for Arsenal, apparently clubs like Chelsea, City and United are now panicing buying.

Yet we are right to be very careful with our money and will only go for WC talent, Wenger has brain washed too many

Soups123 wrote: »
    This has become a new excuse for Arsenal, apparently clubs like Chelsea, City and United are now panicing buying.

Yet we are right to be very careful with our money and wil on got for WC talent, Wenger has brain washed too many

I wouldn't say City are panic buying they are just buying but Chelsea and United are definitely panic buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

One thing I will say.

We could easily have gotten someone better than welbeck for the job he was signed for.

I mean between last window and this window.

Complete useless signing. There are far better back up players out there than him.

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    I wouldn't say City are panic buying they are just buying but Chelsea and United are definitely panic buying.

Chelsea bought Pedro, if he is a panic buy then I'll have 10 of those.

LVG has said they are working on a player for sometime and then the Martial stuff happens. When we are quiet people believe Arsene is working on something behind the scenes but we credit no other manager with that.

On your post above about only signing someone who comes into the starting 11, I agree although if that cannot be found we should be trying to find the next star out there someone with potential, after all we credit Arsene with this magic gift too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Linked with Rabiot

The Coquelin/Giroud injury will happen next week now and Wenger will be crying about injuries. Never prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

liam7831 wrote: »
    Linked with Rabiot

Any reliable source?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement