Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

May as well stop watching football for this year season is over according to some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Quazzie wrote: »
    Wenger has a previous TV commitment. :o

Well If I'm right his contract with that french channel wasn't renewed after the world cup.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The sad thing is that nothing will change. Next summer will be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ibrahimovic is 35 soon.
    Wenger won't buy him.
    More silly paper talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If Zlatan wants to come, Wenger cannot stop him. No one can stop him.

Dare to Zlatan.

Ibrahimovic is 35 soon.
    Wenger won't buy him.
    More silly paper talk.

Ah come on we're panicking, remember :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Zlatan come for a year or two before he heads back to Sweden.

Someone must have put 2 quid on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

They're just playing with us now with all this zlatan talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

omega man wrote: »
    They're just playing with us now with all this zlatan talk!

That's it. Can anybody see Wenger breaking our wage structure to pay Zlatan 300K+ a week like he's on at the moment or him taking a pay cut? All bull crap as it's so quite on our end of things. That said I'd love to be proven wrong ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That's it. Can anybody see Wenger breaking our wage structure to pay Zlatan 300K+ a week like he's on at the moment or him taking a pay cut? All bull crap as it's so quite on our end of things. That said I'd love to be proven wrong ;)

PSG could want rid and could contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I take it nothing has happened...

Plus ça change...

Pter wrote: »
    PSG could want rid and could contribute.

#ibrahimovic is fantastic reading on twitter.

someone claiming psg are willing to pay 25% of his wages :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We create all these chances and have no-one to finish them.

We have all this money and no-one to spend it on.

At this point, Zlatan makes perfect sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Any updates on anything at all????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Any updates on anything at all????

No!

G1032 wrote: »
    No!

Thanks thought as much. Expect some wenger out posts from me over the duration of this mild September evening

We should go for a league cup and FA cup double this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

15 minutes for the 24 hour transfer team to plan for doing f*ck all in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

#remember

CNzKvlMUkAAJ-KU.jpg

We should go for a league cup and FA cup double this year.

Don't forget 4th place and the second round of the champions league aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

keano_afc wrote: »
    15 minutes for the 24 hour transfer team to plan for doing f*ck all in January.

Wonder how they will fill there day tomorrow now the madness is over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Wonder if true......

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 2h2 hours ago
    Understand Arsenal wanted a new striker but felt players available weren't of sufficient quality, were offered Cavani for £30m#AFC#DeadlineDay

Wonder if true......

Understand Arsenal wanted a new striker but felt players available weren't of sufficient quality, were offered Cavani for £30m#AFC#DeadlineDay

Offered him for 30m and said no? If true I'll get the gun and shoot the fcukers myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm sick to my stomach. Absolutely no ambition whatsoever... Why do we make the same mistakes year after year... It's never ending, the constant hope and then nothing. If we were a Spurs or an Everton or a Southampton I could deal with it but we're so close why can't we just ****ing complete the squad and win a ****ing league.

Barcelona, with a transfer ban, have signed more players than we have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wonder if true......

Fake account, its really not difficult to spot these things.

Usmanov and one of these next summer will do.

Carlo+Ancelotti+Pep+Guardiola+Goal+Peace+Charity+jGZ7QC_N2nPl.jpg

I'm sick to my stomach. Absolutely no ambition whatsoever... Why do we make the same mistakes year after year... It's never ending, the constant hope and then nothing. If we were a Spurs or an Everton or a Southampton I could deal with it but we're so close why can't we just ****ing complete the squad and win a ****ing league.

1 minute to 6 and we have our first meltdown enjoy THM

#meltdowno'clock

Meh!

All the money, we're ****ing rich, insanely rich even before the new TV deal came into effect...and nothing!!

Fun fact, we're the only club in the PL who hasn't bought an outfield player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

article-1370720-0B5F660000000578-87_468x348.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I did try to prepare you all for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Wd'te not good enough to compete for the league with this squad. Hope im wrong, but it's extremely unlikely. Someone was on here yesterday saying how we can compete, how the second half of the season wasn't a fluke. That's great, it's just that the league was long gone by then and as been shown time and time again, we usually crumble to pressure. We played well the first half of the previous season and then ultimately fell away like we always do. It's not surprising in many ways, but not signing one outfield player has left me quite speechless.

We need to change the board and the ownership of the club otherwise the next man in will be hand picked and asked to copy Arsene.

Its just a shame Arsene has turned from a win at all cost born winner to a man to connected to the running of the club

We ended other transfer windows in a lot worse shape so the desperation feeling aint as bad, other than signing a player with a broken back this is just another laugh

All the money, we're ****ing rich, insanely rich even before the new TV deal came into effect...and nothing!!

No point in buying just for the sake of it.

Also the outfield player myth has been debunked earlier in the thread.

We have a good team that are playing well below their abilities. If they pick it up then things could improve significantly.

• Advertisement

I did try to prepare you all for this.

You should have said it more than once.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Least we have Jeff

Funner fact apparrently we are the only club of all clubs in the top 5 leagues in europe

The only club who was already complete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

well thankfully it's shut and the insanity and people losing the run of themselves is over in relation to off the field activity.

genuinely thought it was obvious from a long way out we were never going to sign a striker of the required upgrade on Giroud given that none were available particularly with Welbeck coming back.

Roll on the rest of the season even if some of you are awarding City the title already! gonna be a roller coaster of a year...looking forward to it all!

CN1VBWiUYAA-42l.jpg

If the club have no ambition to spend the vast amounts of cash we have no strengthening the team, the least they can so is reduce ticket prices. Highest in the world, but for what? To line the pockets of an absentee shareholder?

well thankfully it's shut and the insanity and people losing the run of themselves is over in relation to off the field activity.

genuinely thought it was obvious from a long way out we were never going to sign a striker of the required upgrade on Giroud given that none were available particularly with Welbeck coming back.

Roll on the rest of the season even if some of you are awarding City the title already! gonna be a roller coaster of a year...looking forward to it all!

These drama posts always follow too, most of what you say above does not represent what the majority have said here

gandalf wrote: »
    No point in buying just for the sake of it.

No no no.

RUBBISH...

I'm sick of "buying players for the sake of it", It's a non arguement! To buy a player you first need to get out EARLY, identify where you need to fill the gaps in your team, identify the players you need, do everything you can to get them.

Sure you can say that there's "no point in buying anyone" at 10 past 6 on trasnfer deadline day, he should have been out there at the end of May looking for players. His job isn't just to manage the team on a Saturday afternoon, its to get the right players in too. A shamells of a window for Arsenal, the same as the last few with Ozil and Alexis the only big names over the last few seasons to gloss over the terrible windows they have been.

EVERY year we JUST DO ENOUGH to get CL.

Fair enough ye may look at this as a melt down but it's indefensible now, we have the means to get the players, Wenger isn't doing his job properly, he's only half doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it still amazes me nearly every window.

Arsenal could easily be aggressive and just buy what they need, just for one window, and see what happens. it's not like it's like to risk the club getting top 4.

one striker, one DM, and potentially a CB, and City could actually be challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Soups123 wrote: »
    These drama posts always follow too, most of what you say above does not represent what the majority have said here

I'm not at all worried that they don't.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement