Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great News lads -

On the upside though,. we've signed a new commercial deal with Indosat. A statement from the club says:

"Arsenal has millions of supporters in Indonesia and the partnership will enable the club to build a deeper connection with these fans through the exclusive content and other rights available to Indosat."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Great News lads -

On the upside though,. we've signed a new commercial deal with Indosat. A statement from the club says:

"Arsenal has millions of supporters in Indonesia and the partnership will enable the club to build a deeper connection with these fans through the exclusive content and other rights available to Indosat."

360814.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Sorry just in from work and don't want to trail the whole thread. No one signed, no? Eurosport had Cavani listed this morning...?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Great News lads -

Good bit of business alright. The amount of supporters out there is cool.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Sorry just in from work and don't want to trail the whole thread. No one signed, no? Eurosport had Cavani listed this morning...?!?

No signing today no.

To be honest I think the media can say whatever they like. Gets all the fans whipped up into a frenzy, and then very disappointed.. Awww :(

Can we still loan players from somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Totally pissed off what a joke, the only one we sign is a player who Chelsea benched 12 months ago. Ur gonna win f all with only Giroud up front

symbolic wrote: »
    No signing today no.

To be honest I think the media can say whatever they like. Gets all the fans whipped up into a frenzy, and then very disappointed.. Awww :(

Got that feeling just from the last page. Ah well, better than being into gameday 4 and have a bunch of lads who never heard of each other before like some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Realistically, unless one of the bigger clubs wanted to out one of their strikers or DM's we were never going to sign one. The dearth of available strikers is expressed so well by the huge amounts ManU spent on a prospective talent. That is baffling, and probably a bit of a panic buy to be fair.

We have a really good squad, we have improved it with a wc keeper. We will go close this year, I'm sure if it.

Yes, I'm as disappointed as the next man that we didn't sign anymore wc talent, but realistically look at it. Probably only one great player moved this window in Vidal. Did we need him that bad to spend that amount in him? No big strikers moved, no big DMs moved. We needed a wc keeper, we got it! Goal scoring wasn't really our big problem last year, was it??

So while I would have been delighted at more wc recruits, we got Cech, and lost no one significant!

Vidal would have been quite nice though. He would have added an element that others wouldn't be used to from Arsenal. Just as happy to see him where he is though. :D

• Advertisement

Vidal would have been quite nice though. He would have added an element that others wouldn't be used to from Arsenal. Just as happy to see him where he is though. :D

Not long till he pops over to the Emirates anyway! Should be a fun night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Anyway International break now, hopefully a few of the players find their scoring boots and no one gets injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

only so much misery one can take. Think I'll stay away for the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

liam7831 wrote: »
    Totally pissed off what a joke, the only one we sign is a player who Chelsea benched 12 months ago. Ur gonna win f all with only Giroud up front

We signed one first team player, 4 academy players and 2 reserve players to be pedantic about it :)

How many of you would have taken RVP back today?

No fuppin way, he can rot in Turkey!

gandalf wrote: »
    No fuppin way, he can rot in Turkey!

I'd even take Adebayor back today :pac:

LOL I think you have gone to stage beyond panic then :P

LOL I think you have gone to stage beyond panic then :P

I did say several pages back that I had lost my mind!

I did say several pages back that I had lost my mind!

That's obvious now if your calling for that mercenary Adebayor to be taken back :P

• Advertisement

We're not that badly off.................. yet anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

5 points worse off than last year on comparable fixtures.
    5 points behind a team who finished 12 ahead of us last year.
    Anyone who thinks we have a chance of competing in the league is deluded. Unless competing is finishing 3rd/4th. De Gea staying makes United much stronger.

There will be protests outside the directors box.

I want the Yanks out.
    I want Wenger to be relieved of transfer duties and negotiating on price.
    Or I want Wenger out.

I have already spent £3,500 on tickets / membership this year. For what to get the yanks fat? Parasites.

I'll always support Arsenal over Arsene. He was a great manager. Now a great hindrance. Pity really as we have been so close the last couple of years of he had just spent the money.

TBH anyone throwing the towel in now should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone bar City have had a mixed start to the competition. Our players are capable of a whole lot better performances and we do have a very strong squad. I for one believe we have a shot at the league this year and until we can't mathematically I will still believe that. Maybe I am deluded but hey that's part and parcel of being a fan isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Very disappointing window.

Oh well. I really think that the team need to put in a prime performance against Stoke or things could be nasty at the Emirates for Arsene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

It would be great to still have RVP in my opinion.
    People hate on RVP and I was as pissed as the next man when he left but it was wengers fault. RVP wanted to win the title and wenger didn't and that's why RVP left plain and simple.
    Sanchez and ozil won't be round for much longer either if fa cups and 4th place medals are all that's filling their trophy cabinets.

Sorry for going off on one but it's just another example of wengers incompetence and arrogance holding this club back

Pudders wrote: »

4 ? city?
    Anyone who thinks we have a chance of competing in the league is deluded.

Ah come on! :)
    I have already spent £3,500 on tickets / membership this year. For what to get the yanks fat? Parasites.

Your hard earned money will always be going to get people fat I reckon.

• Advertisement

TBH anyone throwing the towel in now should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone bar City have had a mixed start to the competition. Our players are capable of a whole lot better performances and we do have a very strong squad. I for one believe we have a shot at the league this year and until we can't mathematically I will still believe that. Maybe I am deluded but hey that's part and parcel of being a fan isn't it.

In previous years many might have agreed with you but there's a stale smell about the club at the moment and it's not coming from the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Lads, a central midfield of Santi, Coquelin and Ozil will end up with around 8 league goals from play. That would be grand if we had a top striker but its nowhere near good enough with Giroud up top. Ramsey has to be fixed back into a central position and Walcott now has to be a starter from the right (our only winger who can put up a few goals for us), even though I prefer the Ox.

Team for me has to be:
    Cech
    Bellerin Kos Gabriel Monreal
    Coquelin Ramsey
    Ozil
    Walcott Giroud Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Anyone who thinks we have a chance of competing in the league is deluded. Unless competing is finishing 3rd/4th. De Gea staying makes United much stronger.

I want the Yanks out.
    Or I want Wenger out.

I'll always support Arsenal over Arsene. He was a great manager. Now a great hindrance. Pity really as we have been so close the last couple of years of he had just spent the money.

Absolute rubbish. We were 13 points behind in November last year and still came close to second, **** first was even on the cards for a while.

But **** it why don't we just lock the thread now and log off. According to you and many others there is no point in playing this year, never mind discussing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I want the Yanks out.
    Or I want Wenger out.

I feel your pain man, I have tickets for 3 games this year seems like a bit of a con now seeing as they only take in money, its tough when every other club in the league out spends you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Panic on the streets of London...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I have faith Wenger will come good, we'll have a good season. Yes that's blind fate based on little but thankfully this is just football and it doesn't matter for anything except my own enjoyment of it.

I really do understand that a poor showing in the window spoils peoples enjoyment but I couldn't care less about it. People are getting so worked up and I know that's because you've all invested so much time and probably money into supporting this team but f"ck it's done now. Onward and upwards and all that jazz.

Prediction for the season: Treble might be one trophy too far but the double is on I feel.

I don't think its that bad. I think a bit of continuity and slow and pointed building is far better than buying into the money crazed buying rush. EPL clubs are a laughing stock as it is in Europe, no need to join the ranks. I think Arsenal will find that their strategy will be much better in the long run than what we're currently witnessing with other clubs.
    United seem in turmoil, Liverpool seem volatile and not improved and Chelsea are unsettled while Arsenal are going on quietly about their business. City look good right now but its because they haven't turned their squad upside down and they will have more resource available to them for the time being, can't change that fact right now.
    Would I have liked to see a top striker joining? Yes of course I would, but lets be realistic, a genuine top striker would have been insane money with whats going on atm if he could be had at all.
    Once the best back line is back in action and the rest has settled into the season Arsenal are likely to pick up the pace and all will be good.
    First few matches of the season are always about finding your feet and settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The league cup and the fa cup! Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!

Arsene shouldnt be negotiating transfers. Ivan is a yes man and wouldnt have a clue what to do if Wenger walked in the morning. Someone needs to be brought in to take the pressure of the manager and not let one man have total control of the club.

article-0-006ADA51000004B0-81_468x310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Arsene shouldnt be negotiating transfers.

Why? Seriously... He got us Cech, Sanchez and Ozil in the last 2 years. Nowt wrong with that IMO

I am just so happy the panto window has closed and we can start talking about football again...

(Too soon?)

I am just so happy the panto window has closed and we can start talking about football again...

(Too soon?)

Would help if it wasn't international break right now.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Why? Seriously... He got us Cech, Sanchez and Ozil in the last 2 years. Nowt wrong with that IMO

He should be allowed to select them and talk to them to get them to join but the actual fee/wages should be left to someone else. Way too much power for one man.

He should be allowed to select them and talk to them to get them to join but the actual fee/wages should be left to someone else. Way too much power for one man.

I want Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez. I've talked to them all, they want to join. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I don't think its that bad. I think a bit of continuity and slow and pointed building is far better than buying into the money crazed buying rush. EPL clubs are a laughing stock as it is in Europe, no need to join the ranks. I think Arsenal will find that their strategy will be much better in the long run than what we're currently witnessing with other clubs.
    United seem in turmoil, Liverpool seem volatile and not improved and Chelsea are unsettled while Arsenal are going on quietly about their business. City look good right now but its because they haven't turned their squad upside down and they will have more resource available to them for the time being, can't change that fact right now.
    Would I have liked to see a top striker joining? Yes of course I would, but lets be realistic, a genuine top striker would have been insane money with whats going on atm if he could be had at all.
    Once the best back line is back in action and the rest has settled into the season Arsenal are likely to pick up the pace and all will be good.
    First few matches of the season are always about finding your feet and settle.

Then spend the insane money, that what the big clubs do. We can't be penny pinching anymore.

You mean when we're out of the title race and then no pressure on us.
    That's the only time we are able to perform. We aren't built for pressure.

Let's be honest here, Stoke and Chelsea and every game after that are must wins now. Any defeat or bad result, Wenger will have angry fans and press (who must be loving this now) on his back. Far worse then before. He must keep this side in the title race as long as he can (we have no chance of winning it, no top class striker and we're one or two injuries away from been weakened). Get past the last 16 of the CL and win one of either league cup or FA cup again. Win nothing and finish 4th I see this been his last season, to not improve his side is criminal.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I want Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez. I've talked to them all, they want to join. Thanks.

???

(Too soon?)

Its not going to go away until he beats Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, I think after that game (if he wins) it might quiet down I say. But every bad result will put him and his side under the spotlight from the fans.

I really don't know any manager who'd get away as much trouble with a big club as Wenger has.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Then spend the insane money, that what the big clubs do. We can't be penny pinching anymore.

You mean when we're out of the title race and then no pressure on us.
    That's the only time we are able to perform. We aren't built for pressure.

Let's be honest here, Stoke and Chelsea and every game after that are must wins now. Any defeat or bad result, Wenger will have angry fans and press (who must be loving this now) on his back. Far worse then before. He must keep this side in the title race as long as he can (we have no chance of winning it, no top class striker and we're one or two injuries away from been weakened). Get past the last 16 of the CL and win one of either league cup or FA cup again. Win nothing and finish 4th I see this been his last season, to not improve his side is criminal.

Sorry don't mean to be snarky but anyone who knows after 3 matches how the season is going to pan out has obviously started following soccer last week or so.

???

Imagine that was said in Arsene's accent, to the someone else who will pay for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

emmetlego wrote: »

I said earlier we were up against Liverpool for Sanchez.

Not really a great coup in terms of out doing big teams for his signature.

Sorry don't mean to be snarky but anyone who knows after 3 matches how the season is going to pan out has obviously started following soccer last week or so.

Come back after a few weeks, and see if you make that comment :rolleyes:

I supported this club for the last 25 years. so don't throw "he doesn't know his stuff" that at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think we will compete for the title

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I said earlier we were up against Liverpool for Sanchez.

Not really a great coup in terms of out doing big teams for his signature.

Even positive things that Arsene does can be turned into a negative here.

I think we will compete for the title

You mean that magic title of 4th ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

farna_boy wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish. We were 13 points behind in November last year and still came close to second, **** first was even on the cards for a while.

But **** it why don't we just lock the thread now and log off. According to you and many others there is no point in playing this year, never mind discussing anything.

At no point last year was first on the cards.

Pudders points are honest and fair, for a man that probably spends 6/7 grand per year following the team he's entitled to be more pissed than most

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement