Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kroenkes ambition is definitely questionable, very little to no sporting ambition (his teams in the US are losers). His sole ambition is financial gain which is fair enough for him but none of the fans have to like it.

I wonder how much he makes a year out of the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

They all make sooo much money. How much do you reckon you contribute to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Must be cleaning up, hasnt invested a penny since his intial investment. Remember the £3 million he paid himself/his son (Cant remember) as a consultancy fee last year? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

gosplan wrote: »
    I get the need for more goals but I think the backup DMF isn't really much to worry about.

Coq/Arteta/Wilshire

Yes if Coq is out, we worry against the big teams but we're fine there really.

Arteta will be found out even agaisn't small teams, who are improving.

Wilshire is always getting injured.

I'm worried if Coq gets injured.

symbolic wrote: »
    They all make sooo much money. How much do you reckon you contribute to it?

Not so much now but I was a season ticket holder for several years when i lived over there in the late 60's / early 70's.
    Travelled to many away games too then.
    Still have friends and family living in Halloway Road area so I go when I visit them.

Not so much now.

Ah cool. Still wanna have a say though were it goes.... Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He's only taken 3m. But the value of his holding has more or less doubled. He's made about 700m I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ah cool. Still wanna have a say though were it goes.... Fair enough.

seems like a petty dig tbh :rolleyes:

wonga77 wrote: »
    seems like a petty dig tbh :rolleyes:

maybe it is actually , i meant it more in a why does tayto care where the money goes when its not his money. maybe that's petty and your prob right wonga.
    and maybe i need to bow out of this thread :) thanks wonga.

apologies tayto.

have a good one guys.

maybe it is actually , i meant it more in a why does tayto care where the money goes when its not his money. maybe that's petty and your prob right wonga.

apologies tayto.

have a good one guys.

You don't see why a fan would be worried about someone making money out of the club in a way that's detrimental to on-field performance?

• Advertisement

apologies tayto.

have a good one guys.

I am not worried about digs at all so stay and continue to post.

My point was that if the people who own the club are more interested in profits than the football team, like the fans are, then the team might suffer.
    Kronke's teams in the U.S. don't seem to be doing too well and it doesn't seem to worry him as long as money is being made. I would love an owner who loves success on the field like the Chelsea owner seems to do.

You don't see why a fan would be worried about someone making money out of the club in a way that's detrimental to on-field performance?

Thats not what I said. Or meant.

I'm gonna bow out from discussions here (cause I do get annoyed and petty) and just chip in with some pics from the stadium/info i can provide.

Good luck to you fellow gooners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm glad we kept Joel Campbell, he has all the attributes of Welbeck but he can actually finish. A good option to have on the bench imo.

The mobile site for boards is a pain in the hole, keep clicking on random ads by accident and visiting people's profiles without wanting to and posting half written posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm glad we kept Joel Campbell, he has all the attributes of Welbeck but he can actually finish. A good option to have on the bench imo.

The mobile site for boards is a pain in the hole, keep clicking on random ads by accident and visiting people's profiles without wanting to and posting half written posts!

I don't think we have seen enough of Campbell in an Arsenal shirt to judge he did look brilliant for Costa Rica in the world cup though and I would like to see him given an opportunity.

Second part wholeheartedly agree everyone I go onto boards on my phone I tend to get a different version and one of them is a nightmare

I dunno, he's like Welbeck without the height and pace. I haven't seen enough of his finishing to know that he's good at it, I would still rank Welbeck well above Campbell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm disappointed we didn't sign anyone.

However, going back to the start of the summer after we signed Cech, we all said that we were one/two players short of a complete squad.

I think maybe Higuain maybe does that. All the other forward named still leave us missing a forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Far as I can see United are the only other team with the more strength in depth to us at DM in that they have Carrick, Blind, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin . Chelsea have Matic and Mikel, City only have Fernandinho afaik, Liverpool have Lucas and Can, Spurs have a footballer of some description.

Yeah ideally that would have happened though I'd have wanted Arteta still kept, it's not something I'll lose sleep over though. If things get really bad Wilshire and Ramsey can also do a job.

City also have yaya, Fernando, delph that can do a job there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

dibs101 wrote: »
    City also have yaya, Fernando, delph that can do a job there.
    Sure, if thats the case we have two CM positions. For them two positions we have Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshire, Coquelin, Ox, Arteta, Flamini, and Rosicky. That's 8 players for two positions. We've plenty.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any time I saw someone mention Fernando before I thought the were misspelling Fernandinho. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's boards evil plan to get everyone to subscribe. I'm paying the fiver a month to not see those awful ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Welbeck out for a number of months according to arsenal.com, having had knee surgery.

Very disappointing, probably the one position where we can't afford injuries. Guess it Giroud all the way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150903/danny-welbeck-undergoes-knee-surgery

Yup just saw it on the official page. We kinda needed him to step up but the Arsenal curse struck!

So this is the gamble Wenger was talking about. Nice one!

You can be sure they knew about this before the window closed just didn't want to release it. Just goes to highlight how much of a cluster fcuk the window was for us.

Was this known before deadline day?

• Advertisement

Negligence again

Was this known before deadline day?

I think you have to assume it was, he's been out for months, they hardly decided this yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

lol hilarous

Be hard for anyone really to find a way to defend the club and Wenger over this fiasco.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Baffling altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Be hard for anyone really to find a way to defend the club and Wenger over this fiasco.

You will be very surprised if you think that............ there just gone quite now whilst they conjour up an excuse

I think if the big man doesnt up his game in the next while then it might be time to try a different approach. Either Wally with some support around him or Alexis or recall a loanee maybe.

Walcott should be made watch videos of Agureo on loop.

The whole thing is just bonkers and so Arsenal.

No doubt Giroud will be flogged into the dreaded "red zone" and pick up a knock in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Nobody is going to defend that transfer window. I don't think Welbeck is much of a loss, but it'd be nice to have the extra cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

if i was sanchez and ozil i would want out of this mess if things dont improve this season.

And no, a fa cup or carling cup medal is not viable anymore.

Those two players want CL and League medals.

L'prof wrote: »
    Nobody is going to defend that transfer window. I don't think Welbeck is much of a loss, but it'd be nice to have the extra cover.

With Welbeck there he did give us an alternative and a vague hope he could kick on to the next level fir the optimists in us.

But now we're boned. Well flog an already inept Giroud to the point of exhaustion and injury. Giroud can be sublime and brilliant but sadly for me he has more bad days than good ones recently.

Recall Akpom has to be worth a shot now

L'prof wrote: »

Maybe its a case of me thinking the injured player is far better than he is but I would have liked to see Welbeck in the team. Strong running pulling the central defender around, mainly to make space for Alexis and Walcott/Ox to run into, Ozil threading balls through.

Will we recall someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What an absolute shambles.

But now we're boned. Well flog an already inept Giroud to the point of exhaustion and injury. Giroud can be sublime and brilliant but sadly for me he has more bad days than good ones recently.

This is the crux of it, we could win the next 5 games but eventually we will slip up in a game where we/he has good chances and all the momentum is gone.

Stoke(H), Chelsea(A), Leicester(A) the next 3 games....the mood could be poison if we don't get 6/7 points out of them.

• Advertisement

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Stoke(H), Chelsea(A), Leicester(A) the next 3 games....the mood could be poison if we don't get 6/7 points out of them.

Anything less than 7 will be awful, less than 9 will be disappointing.

A Giroud injury for France this week will top it all off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

FFS...This is Criminal now, no doubt about that...They could have bid for Charlie Austin who is probably on the same level as Welbeck if not better....

Wenger did say last Thursday that he would be available after the international break. He just didn't say which international break.

Something seriously wrong with this club regarding injuries

https://twitter.com/EINinoMaravilla/status/639432707152461824

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Basil3 wrote: »
    Wenger did say last Thursday that he would be available after the international break. He just didn't say which international break.

on Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshere…27.08.15

Danny Welbeck is progressing well. He should be available, if all goes well, after the international break. Jack Wilshere is just behind Welbeck, maybe one week after the international break he will certainly come back into full training.

We can write them off this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

"200m in the bank, we can sign any player in the world apart from Ronaldo & Messi"

im not an arsenal supporter but reading that was funny after the transfer window closed

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I imagine Wenger did know about this last week, but wants to get it out now, so that all the fans can calm down over the international break.
    This club is becoming a joke, If we don't have the option to call back Akpom if needed, then we really could have a problem.
    Like even Giroud has to be annoyed by this, there is going to be so much pressure on him now.
    Walcott is not a striker in my opinion either, before people say we have him.

bangkok wrote: »
    "200m in the bank, we can sign any player in the world apart from Ronaldo & Messi"

im not an arsenal supporter but reading that was funny after the transfer window closed

Yet you will get people that defend Wenger and the board. No player out there that could improve us? No player out there that could improve on Welbecks spot now? We deserve better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement