Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

For me its more that Welbeck can play down the left or centrally. Right now Alexis seems to be our only player who will play down that flank.

The Jeff did look good down the left in preseason, however.....

Yet you will get people that defend Wenger and the board. No player out there that could improve us? No player out there that could improve on Welbecks spot now? We deserve better.

Some eejit coming out and saying we can sign virtually any player in the world only makes things worse, mainly because it simply isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

That Aleksandr Kokorin loan attempt moves makes a lot more sense now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Basil3 wrote: »
    Some eejit coming out and saying we can sign virtually any player in the world only makes things worse, mainly because it simply isn't true.

The reasonable fans knew we didnt have 200 million to spend but we did have upwards of 70 million to get some signings in. We have stood still imo and a top 4 fight looks likely again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

It's disappointing about Welbeck. I just don't get it with Wenger. He never seems to plan for the unexpected. It's seems to me it's more about amassing a huge fortune for a fund to buy players, that are not bought. Nothing to do, with the actual squad.

• Advertisement

He will be like a new signing when we do nothing in January

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/639447358560972800

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

There is something wrong with Arsenal. Players who are reported to miss weeks end up missing few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    There is something wrong with Arsenal. Players who are reported to miss weeks end up missing few months.

I think we've massively improved on that front though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

greendom wrote: »
    Bullshít article that doesn't point at all to the fact that we only have one striker and he isn't anywhere near the standard we need to win the league. A proven striker, given the amount of chances we create would see us in a much better position.

This is the kind of tripe that the Wengerites will be coming out with for the next six months.

Seen a comment somewhere that makes a lot of sense, I we'd announced Welbecks injury before the deadline closed and we were actually in negations for a player, we'd have been in a weaker position to make a deal, other club would want more money etc. So i can see the sense there to be fair.
    Still should have gotten someone in though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »
    I think we've massively improved on that front though

Have we? Look at Welbeck's injury record at United versus at Arsenal.

Wilshere is out once again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Quazzie wrote: »
    Bullshít article that doesn't point at all to the fact that we only have one striker and he isn't anywhere near the standard we need to win the league. A proven striker, given the amount of chances we create would see us in a much better position.

This is the kind of tripe that the Wengerites will be coming out with for the next six months.

Agree with that but there is no doubting the window has become a competition in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Arsenal: The only club who can beat itself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

guess that (the injury being known before the deadline) explains why Joel Campbell is still at the club

How much had we in cash reserves last books and when was that? Since transfer fees are paid in instalments we easily could've spent as much as City without making a loss.

Imagine how badly the window would have gone if we'd publicised Welbeck's injury. Maybe ee would have accidentally released Sanchez or something. :rolleyes:

Really, really pathetic stuff from the club.

Agree with that but there is no doubting the window has become a competition in itself.
    i don't think anyone (or at least not a lot seriously) were expecting us to outspend Ciy, Chelsea or even United. Heck we're even used to losing the "Transfer Window High Score" to Spurs. It is however unacceptabe, even more so with recent revelations, that we didn't go all out for the striker that could complete us. I can understand the Wellbeck injury being kept a secret, but Wenger definitely knew, and he didn't act on this information. It might be his biggest mistake at the club, if at the end of the year, we fall short because of it.

i don't think anyone (or at least not a lot seriously) were expecting us to outspend Ciy, Chelsea or even United. Heck we're even used to losing the "Transfer Window High Score" to Spurs. It is however unacceptabe, even more so with recent revelations, that we didn't go all out for the striker that could complete us. I can understand the Wellbeck injury being kept a secret, but Wenger definitely knew, and he didn't act on this information. It might be his biggest mistake at the club, if at the end of the year, we fall short because of it.

We'll never know but I imagine he did act - it just didn't come off

Whether he did or not is irrelevant really as we are once again left short.

It's complete and utter incompetence.

I think you'll find that the 'Wengerites' would have liked a world class striker to be signed this transfer window as well. I'm sure they would have taken any striker if they'd known about Welbeck.

I was hoping that maybe we would find a diamond in the rough for the January window, similar to Gabriel, but unfortunately now we're going to have Welbeck who will be LANS.

I imagine his reaction was to dress in a black and white striped top and pretend to be trapped in an invisible box. Would've been as effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Last week I praised one of your posts

But now I see your gone back to your lazy bullshîting way of posting

"Wengerities"

Whatever point your trying to make is null and void over stupid things like this

Whether he did or not is irrelevant really as we are once again left short.

It's complete and utter incompetence.

It's looking that way, shame we didn't hold onto Akpom would have been a chance to see what he was made of.

Excellent article

Love how seasons are defined by signings and people thinking teams can't change with coaching, tactics etcnr

Excellent article

Love how seasons are defined by signings and people thinking teams can't change with coaching, tactics etcnr

As I've said before, if lack of quality coaching and tactical inflexibility is what's held this side back for so long then Wenger should have been gone long ago.

It's looking that way, shame we didn't hold onto Akpom would have been a chance to see what he was made of.

Yea I've said it a few times now we should recall Akpom give him a chance at least it would give us a different option along with giving him a chance to prove himself.

Campbell will really need to show his true worth now if he's to make it at Arsenal.

I'm clinging onto a glimmer of hope someone can have a breakout season.

Yea I've said it a few times now we should recall Akpom give him a chance at least it would give us a different option along with giving him a chance to prove himself.

Campbell will really need to show his true worth now if he's to make it at Arsenal.

I'm clinging onto a glimmer of hope someone can have a breakout season.

Wonder where we would have been last season if Bellerin had not been good enough for the Premier League

As I've said before, if lack of quality coaching and tactical inflexibility is what's held this side back for so long then Wenger should have been gone long ago.

That's a different argument and a valid one

But writing off the season cause of lack of signings is not

At this stage I'm starting to wonder if Campbell hanging around is ultimately a sign of a massive lack of ambition on his part unless he's being lied to by the management.

Last week I praised one of your posts

But now I see your gone back to your lazy bullshîting way of posting

"Wengerities"

Whatever point your trying to make is null and void over stupid things like this
    I deeply deeply crave your approval!!!!

Ask me bollix!

You can't refute what I say so you try ignore my post to make your argument seem legit. It doesn't work like that.

• Advertisement

Well if we end up with no recognised CF it will fact not a valid point.

Well if we end up with no recognised CF it will fact not a valid point.

Sanchez was actually signed as a CF and he promised theo he will play there

Ask me bollix!

You can't refute what I say so you try ignore my post to make your argument seem legit. It doesn't work like that.

You post bollox you get pulled up on it simple as that

Woooaaaah! Well that was a nice few days without the infighting, here we go again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It could be a blessing in disguise that Welbeck is out. I don't rate him very highly. Now Campbell might get an odd game and has the chance to impress.

In the World Cup he was a big cog in a small wheel.
    With Arsenal he is a small cog in a big wheel. Now is his chance.

You post bollox you get pulled up on it simple as that
    Do you think that the striking options we currently have are good enough to win the league?

• Advertisement

Do you think that the striking options we currently have are good enough to win the league?

No I don't

Wayne Veysey is saying Welbeck is out for 4 to 6 months. If true, thats his season gone with no preseason or nothing.

No I don't
    Well then how is what I said Bollix then?

Sanchez was actually signed as a CF and he promised theo he will play there

You really trying to go with that one? Really?

Wenger clearly prefers Sanchez out wide it's also were he plays his best football playing him CF isn't playing to his strengths and will be a sign of Wenger shifting formation due to a lack of options.

Walcott it's quite clear to everyone Walcott isn't the answer at CF and never will be. Wenger has been banging that drum for years make him learn his trade on the wing then moves up CF etc I think even Walcott knows at this stage Wenger was taking the piss. He's not exactly a young prodigy if he was going to play as a CF all the time it would have happened by now.

Well then how is what I said Bollix then?

Your wengerietts comment

I didn't read the rest of the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ask me bollix!

The whole "Wengerites" thing is a bit prickish in fairness.

2 things. Firstly talking about coaching just shows desperation to distract from an indefensible transfer window, I didn't bring it up.
    Secondly is there anything other than blind faith to suggest that after one of our worst summers since we last won the league that we will suddenly cotton on to some new tactics or coaching method that'll win us the league?

The whole "Wengerites" thing is a bit prickish in fairness.

Can't think of a more accurate way of describing people who support him Jo matter what. Well, not within the site's rules. :p

2 things. Firstly talking about coaching just shows desperation to distract from an indefensible transfer window, I didn't bring it up.
    Secondly is there anything other than blind faith to suggest that after one of our worst summers since we last won the league that we will suddenly cotton on to some new tactics or coaching method that'll win us the league?

It happened before in fairness

Wayne Veysey is saying Welbeck is out for 4 to 6 months. If true, thats his season gone with no preseason or nothing.

No need to sign anyone after Christmas so.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I don't actually know whether to laugh or cry.

Charlie Austin for £15m would have been a replacement for Wellbeck and was doable. You would have sold him easily without losing much.

This is just either utter incompetence or contempt for the fans.

It is going to be toxic at the emirates.

I'm on a whatsapp group with 10 lads, all season ticket holders, who we go to matches together / meet up for pints. It was 50:50 wenger in/out. Its now 100 out, none in.

Not replacing Theo that winter transfer season was insane. This is worse.

I am baffled.

The only way the club could do something positive is match Bayern's donation to the refugee crisis. Somethings more important than football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I would absolutely LOVE for Campbell to get game time vs Stoke, and not two mins at the end.

Pudders wrote: »
    I don't actually know whether to laugh or cry.

Charlie Austin for £15m would have been a replacement for Wellbeck and was doable. You would have sold him easily without losing much.

This is just either utter incompetence or contempt for the fans.

It is going to be toxic at the emirates.

I'm on a whatsapp group with 10 lads, all season ticket holders, who we go to matches together / meet up for pints. It was 50:50 wenger in/out. Its now 100 out, none in.

Not replacing Theo that winter transfer season was insane. This is worse.

I am baffled.

The only way the club could do something positive is match Bayern's donation to the refugee crisis. Somethings more important than football.

Ye all want him out fair enough

What if we went the next 15/20 games unbeaten what then?

It happened before in fairness

Henry. Simple really. Also came after being top 2 for what, 7 straight years?

Ye all want we get out fair enough

What if we went the next 15/20 games unbeaten what then?

How many draws?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement