Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

I'm surprised our medical staff havent killed any of our players by now. Surely only a matter of time.

Do you not remember last season we got new medical staff and that would be end of that?

The Welbeck injury thing a few pages back is hilarious in several ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Our injury record is much improved.

But it's written in stone that we must have at least one diaby on the books at all times.

It's for tax purposes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Do you not remember last season we got new medical staff and that would be end of that?

Yep, the end of all injuries ever. /sarcasm

As is said above - the injury situation has gotten better. But the medical staff cannot undo whatever is up with Jack's ankle, nor Danny's knee. They can just deal with it as best they can, and try to prevent further injury. That is their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Interesting statistic if true that 100% of our injuries this season were caused away from home.
    I find it hard to believe myself -

http://www.arsenalreport.com/injuryroom/

Jack back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Interesting statistic if true that 100% of our injuries this season were caused away from home.
    I find it hard to believe myself -

http://www.arsenalreport.com/injuryroom/

Jack back soon.

Love Wilshere's picture in that report! :-)

What was the diagnosis on Danny? Was it ligament damage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Giroud is in poor form and Walcott isnt a striker. Nervous few months ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Giroud is in poor form and Walcott isnt a striker. Nervous few months ahead.

You have to stick with a player and find out. Rooney/Kane/Costa are hardly scoring for fun....but they are still getting picked and rightfully so. If the Walcott experiment fails than so be it but you actually need to have an experiment first. One or two games doesnt cut it.

A striker was needed......but none was bought. So give Walcott the chance of a good run. Will it work? Probably not but what other option is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Walcott scores a lot more frequently when he is played wide right. If he's in the first 11 that's where he should play.

He's 26, if he could play no 9 we would know by now.

Pter wrote: »
    Yep, the end of all injuries ever. /sarcasm

As is said above - the injury situation has gotten better. But the medical staff cannot undo whatever is up with Jack's ankle, nor Danny's knee. They can just deal with it as best they can, and try to prevent further injury. That is their job.

Except Danny has spent longer injured here than in all his years at United.
    Give it this season and see how much better things have actually been. Injuries were still used as an excuse last year funny enough.

Except Danny has spent longer injured here than in all his years at United.
    Give it this season and see how much better things have actually been. Injuries were still used as an excuse last year funny enough.

People are more prone to injury as they get older - i would think most people have personal experience of this - and i should imagine it's worse when your job primarily involves exercising most days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/640917474674933760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This might interest some of you, I actually though Van Persie would have a higher count

wonga77 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/640917474674933760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This might interest some of you, I actually though Van Persie would have a higher count

Yeah, hard to believe that Rosicky has been injured for longer than Robin Van Pursestrings. Diaby really was shocking though... Poor fella. Has he played any games over in France yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Dont think Diaby has even made the Marseille bench so far.
    Considering that Walcott is only 26, he has been injured for close to 3 years, thats a huge chunk of a career sitting on a physio table

That really is shocking.

On the plus side, at least we didnt have a central defensive set up of Djourou, Senderos and Almunia too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Poor Giroud got booed last night against Serbia

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Huge run of fixtures coming up. Hopefully Theo or Olivier can find form in the CL games and transfer that to the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Big game on saturday. id anticipate a spiky atmosphere to say the least. time for the team to actually perform for the first time this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Santi, Ox and Campbell start for their countries while Walcott and Gibbs are on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

greendom wrote: »
    Walcott scores a lot more frequently when he is played wide right. If he's in the first 11 that's where he should play.

He's 26, if he could play no 9 we would know by now.

This is so true. I'd love him to be a brilliant striker, but if it was in him, we'd have known about 6 years ago.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This is so true. I'd love him to be a brilliant striker, but if it was in him, we'd have known about 6 years ago.

He's not brave enough to put himself about at CF. Gets knocks trying to avoid knocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

efb wrote: »
    Poor Giroud got booed last night against Serbia

Spanners.

I'm telling yis lads, it's gonna click soon, and Giroud is gonna be a massive part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Spanners.

I'm telling yis lads, it's gonna click soon, and Giroud is gonna be a massive part of it.

I've been hearing it every season but it's always hit and miss with Giroud. That's just him, I think the dislike for him is he's not world class, simple as. I think the abuse he gets is a little OTT but he doesn't help himself at times. For me, and I stand by this, if he's our number 1 striker we ain't winning the PL. I hope he proves me wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

just bagged my first tickets for this season to see arsenal take on olympiacos.

We in England have just got shafted by CL football TV as its no longer on normal free TV or in sky sports for that matter and only available on BT sport.

Its a complete cop out as u got to pay 30 quid a month extra for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

just bagged my first tickets for this season to see arsenal take on olympiacos.

We in England have just got shafted by CL football TV as its no longer on normal free TV or in sky sports for that matter and only available on BT sport.

Its a complete cop out as u got to pay 30 quid a month extra for it.

BT Sports are showing some games fta though (no idea which ones mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

The Ox was poor enough from what I saw of the England game last night.

Is it his new silly barnet or what? Just doesn't seem to score or assist.

Do we stick with him? I think I'd bench him for wally on the right.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    The Ox was poor enough from what I saw of the England game last night.

Is it his new silly barnet or what? Just doesn't seem to score or assist.

Do we stick with him? I think I'd bench him for wally on the right.

He looked fine, from what I saw. He lost the ball a couple of times, but worked his way back and helped with defence. When you compare the Ox to Rooney or Sterling, he's definitely no worse.

That said, Walcott would be more effective on the right, imo. Whether he will get played there again is a different story.

So after all the internationals, have we any new injury concerns?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

emmetlego wrote: »

Girioud's broken heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Things are actually looking good on that front.

Kos and Mert will be back for Stoke.
    Welbeck will be back for Christmas and Jack should start training again this week and should be back playing soon.

Super Shad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Welbeck will be back for Christmas

He's the sort of Christmas present that gets returned in January. Does he come with a receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Jesus I'd find that very hard to believe. We spent big money on Reyes right at the start of 2004 didn't we? No way we'd have done that if we were short on cash. We then won a title which would have brought in a few quid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jesus I'd find that very hard to believe. We spent big money on Reyes right at the start of 2004 didn't we? No way we'd have done that if we were short on cash. We then won a title which would have brought in a few quid.

Cash flow can be a tricky thing. You might be flush with cash one month, and then broke the next, but you still need to pay your wages.

Funnily enough, I had heard this before, even got into a boards argument with someone about it, but when I went to find out where I read it and shove it in his face, I couldn't. One of the old Swiss Ramble articles mentioned cash flow problems, but nothing to the extent of what I had originally read. Was frustrating at the time, really didn't like to back down as I knew I had heard about it, but I couldn't back it up.

Ah well, funny how you look back at internet arguments and wonder "why did I bother?"

Sure I'm days away from not paying my electricity bill. I will though. :p

If it is true then it suggests ineptitude really.Are the same people still in charge of the monies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wilshere has 'suffered a setback'. Far more inclined to believe Arsenal just lied about the extent of the injury in the first place.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Cash flow can be a tricky thing. You might be flush with cash one month, and then broke the next, but you still need to pay your wages.

Funnily enough, I had heard this before, even got into a boards argument with someone about it, but when I went to find out where I read it and shove it in his face, I couldn't. One of the old Swiss Ramble articles mentioned cash flow problems, but nothing to the extent of what I had originally read. Was frustrating at the time, really didn't like to back down as I knew I had heard about it, but I couldn't back it up.

Ah well, funny how you look back at internet arguments and wonder "why did I bother?"

Backing down from an argument because you had no proof to back up your stance? You're too good for the internet tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

AdamD wrote: »
    Wilshere has 'suffered a setback'. Far more inclined to believe Arsenal just lied about the extent of the injury in the first place.

Source? Are we the only club who has to suffer this inevitable injury setback? Are our medical team that inept that it happens nearly on every injury we get.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Source? Are we the only club who has to suffer this inevitable injury setback? Are our medical team that inept that it happens nearly on every injury we get.

Wenger mentioned it in the press conference apparently: http://news.arseblog.com/2015/09/wenger-reveals-latest-team-news-ahead-of-stoke/

AdamD wrote: »

As much as he adds to the strength in depth, I wouldn't be starting Jack if he was fit. Just my opinion.

• Advertisement

Is this a make or break season for Jack injury wise? Another year of the same old could bring about a decision to be made next summer?

Is this a make or break season for Jack injury wise? Another year of the same old could bring about a decision to be made next summer?

Dunno, Diaby must have been on a make or break season for what, 4 or 5 years before he was finally let go?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Dunno, Diaby must have been on a make or break season for what, 4 or 5 years before he was finally let go?

Your right, suppose the same goes for Rosicky and the likes as well. Wengers faith in his players is admirable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

As much as he adds to the strength in depth, I wouldn't be starting Jack if he was fit. Just my opinion.

It's hard to say really whether or not he would be a starter imo.

When he's fit and in form he's a terrific player just sadly the last number if years there's been very few times hes been match fit and playing to the best of his abilities.

As for make or break time no I don't think so he was given a long term contract and I think Wenger will and we should stick with him. He just might my be relied upon as a first team regular much in the sane way Diaby hadn't been the last few years

I'm saying nothing :p

We didn't buy any outfield player so our injured players have relapses. :rolleyes:

Mickeroo wrote: »

My memory isn't great, but I seem to recall that Diaby had a relatively longish spell (maybe 5/6 months) of injury free run, and was given a multi year contract as a result, and as soon as the ink was dry, he was crocked again?? Hence why we had him on the DL for so long?

Or did I just imagine all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Make or break for Wilshere??? Hardly! He's only 23 and when he does play, he's solid. Plenty of time left.

L'prof wrote: »
    Make or break for Wilshere??? Hardly! He's only 23 and when he does play, he's solid. Plenty of time left.

I would've loved that CV at 23 :p

My memory isn't great, but I seem to recall that Diaby had a relatively longish spell (maybe 5/6 months) of injury free run, and was given a multi year contract as a result, and as soon as the ink was dry, he was crocked again?? Hence why we had him on the DL for so long?

Or did I just imagine all that!
    Might've been about 3 years ago, he destroyed the U23 league for a couple of matches.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement