Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Think so. Looking forward to this. Get in Naysmith!

Jesus Christ we better turn up against these punks next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Think so. Looking forward to this. Get in Naysmith!

I was like, I haven't watched MOTD, we must have been on it!

Seeing the Expert in Losing this season is up first!

The world is against Jose it seems...

The Newcastle game was on a Sat. But I didn't catch that MOTD if we were on it.

Anyway, it's not all about us today. That feckin computer, eh Jose?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

How frustrating will it be when we dont turn up next week and hand Chelsea 3 points?

It's a game we should win but these are the kind of matches we tend to balls up.

This is a bit disappointing.

It seems us beating Chelsea in the Charity Shield was not the big deal I thought it was.

All you need is 11 players and a pitch to beat them these days

keano_afc wrote: »
    How frustrating will it be when we dont turn up next week and hand Chelsea 3 points?

It's a game we should win but these are the kind of matches we tend to balls up.

Ah, jaysus.

We'll give them a proper go next week. We're better than we have been in years. They're much better than they've shown this season, but we'll give 'em a really good go.

Bring it on, I say.

Unfortunate for this Martial lad he won't be playing The Pool every week.

I can't believe we didn't beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Unfotunate for this Martial lad he won't be playing The Pool every week.

I can't believe we didn't beat them.

The loss of our centre back pairing at such short notice was the main reason for that imo

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    The loss of our centre back pairing at such short notice was the main reason for that imo

And the fact that the only goal in the game was not allowed.

That's going to piss me off for years.

Great shot by Kos

Sweet sweet pass by Özil!

Clever by Olivier

Woohoo! We won!

(I was doing Hell and Back today so missed everything!)

Woohoo! I'm alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Chuffed for Giroud after that crap week he had, needed that goal.

Woohoo! We won!

(I was doing Hell and Back today so missed everything!)

Woohoo! I'm alive!

Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

No way we're winning next week at the bridge

A dirty 0-0, or they will score late on, on the break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No way we're winning next week at the bridge

A dirty 0-0, or they will score late on, on the break

That's the spirit!

If we did win, it would be a massive result for both teams.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    That's the spirit!

If we did win, it would be a massive result for both teams.

You think mourinho will even try attack bus will be parked big time, a draw won't be a bad result from them

Watched the game back

Bellerin is class, so so good

You think mourinho will even try attack bus will be parked big time, a draw won't be a bad result from them

They need points I think but they'll approach the game same as always. Try and keep it tight and nick a goal. But the longer it goes, the more they need to attack.

I think if we play the same, the onus is on them to come out.

Stat yesterday that the best a team with Chelsea's start have managed is 3rd. They're fast running out of wriggle room. The only way they could prosper this season is by replicating their form of last season from now till the end of the year and hoping we all do the same. But Utd look solid if perhaps unspectacular, we look better and have no injuries and City are practically out of sight for Chelsea already. Really every dropped point now cements a '4th place at best' season for Chelsea.

I'm not saying this is what will happen, but parking the bus will not do for them right now. They need to beat us.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Well that was a strange one.
    I reckon there could have been up to 10,000 seats empty in the ground especially upper tiers even though as usual a complete sell-out. The club need to do more with the ticket exchange.
    Atmosphere relatively muted but no protests nor no wenger support chants.

Stoke were terrible. Also very unlike Stoke as with all these foreign recruits they tried to play football rather than kick us off the park.
    We really should have won 4 or 5 nil. Both Theo and Giroud missed gilt edge chances.
    Ramsey, Sanchez and Ozil all fairly poor but what a ball from Ozil for the goal.
    Cech fapped at a few where I thought he should have done better and let them bounce off him but still strange to see him in goal for us.
    The defenders were immense. Kos was awesome alongside Bellerin. Gabriel getting better by the week.
    Coq was fabulous. I lost count the amount of times he tackled, blocked or intercepted Stoke. Good also to see Wenger decide to tighten things up bringing Arteta on - very un-Wenger like.
    Main thing was 3 points and hopefully Theo and Oli get some confidence from the goals.
    A happy crowd leaving the Emirates.

Now let's go and kill off the Maureen. 3 points nothing less please.

Just had a Utd fab compare Martial to Henry

Jesus

Pudders wrote: »
    Cech fapped at a few

Well that's hardly going to help keep them out!

One of the funniest mental images in a while though. Ball sailing into top corner, Cech watching it all the way but rooted to the spot fapping like crazy.

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    Well that was a strange one.
    I reckon there could have been up to 10,000 seats empty in the ground especially upper tiers even though as usual a complete sell-out. The club need to do more with the ticket exchange.
    Atmosphere relatively muted but no protests nor no wenger support chants.

Stoke were terrible. Also very unlike Stoke as with all these foreign recruits they tried to play football rather than kick us off the park.
    We really should have won 4 or 5 nil. Both Theo and Giroud missed gilt edge chances.
    Ramsey, Sanchez and Ozil all fairly poor but what a ball from Ozil for the goal.
    Cech fapped at a few where I thought he should have done better and let them bounce off him but still strange to see him in goal for us.
    The defenders were immense. Kos was awesome alongside Bellerin. Gabriel getting better by the week.
    Coq was fabulous. I lost count the amount of times he tackled, blocked or intercepted Stoke. Good also to see Wenger decide to tighten things up bringing Arteta on - very un-Wenger like.
    Main thing was 3 points and hopefully Theo and Oli get some confidence from the goals.
    A happy crowd leaving the Emirates.

Now let's go and kill off the Maureen. 3 points nothing less please.

This has to be the priority for me over the next 7 days. In Croatia on Wednesday I'd be inclined to start Debuchy, Gibbs, Mertersacker (if fit) Arteta and the Ox to have has many players fresh for the Saturday am kick-off as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Looking for some help guys. Just wondering what the arsenal defence situation is now. Who is nailed on etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

It's a real pain that we have Chelsea away in an early Saturday kick off, right after a Wednesday trip to Zagreb. Not ideal with very little time to prepare.

It's a real pain that we have Chelsea away in an early Saturday kick off, right after a Wednesday trip to Zagreb. Not ideal with very little time to prepare.

At least Chelsea are playing Weds too - without the travel though unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chelsea (A), Leicester (A) and United (H) are our next three in the league. What do we need from that? 7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The flight is only about 3 hours.
    Travelling is not what it used to be and the players have 3 days until the Chelsea match.
    Plenty of time to recover. Hope we incur no new injuries.
    Agree with Greendom that we should use the squad on Wed.

Chelsea (A), Leicester (A) and United (H) are our next three in the league. What do we need from that? 7?

We will probably only get 5 points from those games.
    Draw with Chelsea and United and beat Leicester.
    I'd like 9 though :D

We will probably only get 5 points from those games.
    Draw with Chelsea and United and beat Leicester.
    I'd like 9 though :D

I'm weary of Chelsea next week but definitely think we should be aiming for 6 from the other two fixtures. United look alright, nothing special like ourselves at the moment but its at home and these are games we need to win. Leicester are playing well but would definitely think we can go and get three points there too.

I'm weary of Chelsea next week but definitely think we should be aiming for 6 from the other two fixtures. United look alright, nothing special like ourselves at the moment but its at home and these are games we need to win. Leicester are playing well but would definitely think we can go and get three points there too.

Our track record against Chelsea and United is poor though.
    We lost to a very poor United last season at home with a strong team out.
    It seems to be a psychological thing.

Hopefully the cup win might change that and Wenger getting the Mourinho monkey off his back will do us wonders. Id be less confident for Stoke away tbh then either of these teams right now :pac:

Hopefully the cup win might change that and Wenger getting the Mourinho monkey off his back will do us wonders. Id be less confident for Stoke away tbh then either of these teams right now :pac:

We beat United in the CS last season but it made no difference in the league unfortunately.

We beat United in the CS last season but it made no difference in the league unfortunately.

That was City and we beat them at the Ethiad too !

greendom wrote: »
    That was City and we beat them at the Ethiad too !

Correct. We just can't seem to beat United though.

But we've drawn one and won two against those teams since.

But we've drawn one and won two against those teams since.

2011 since we beat Chelsea and United in the league.

• Advertisement

2011 since we beat Chelsea and United in the league.

Granted but there's been a lot of progress against the big teams in the last year.

Granted but there's been a lot of progress against the big teams in the last year.

Hopefully we can continue to improve. We need to.

We should def use the squad Wednesday, the lads need a run out and we should still have a fairly strong team out

Looking forward to GAB and Costa battling on Saturday will be tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

6 points would be acceptable. 3/4 are more likely.

I find reading this thread is a great cure for when I ever find myself in a good mood. The negativity of some people is positively contagious....turns me back into a miserable b*stard in no time :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have to admit, after the win I didn't think we'd finish the weekend behind Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Giroud is gonna score. I can feel it in my bones.

Should have placed a bet.

Good performance overall.
    Still can't help but feel Wenger ****ed up by not bringing in a forward. You look at Liverpool,Chelsea,Spurs and United and all of them are weak in a number of positions. The only position we're weak is CF and yet we didn't strengthen.

I'm liking the Kos - Gab partnership. Having another pacy defender beside Kos really lets him come forward without worrying what'll happen to Mert.

Don't really like Walcott as a striker. Yes, he scored but it took him 4 clear cut chances for him to do it. If all he offers is pace up front then why not just sign a pacy forward who is actually a striker.

We are weaker than we'd like at CF but it's been one game since Wenger put his faith in Giroud and Walcott and they both scored.

Giroud needed that goal. Walcott needs a run of games at CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Walcott just isn't a centre forward. I'd much rather Giroud was starting games to try and play himself into some kind of form. Having Welbeck as an option would be very handy right now but the injury record at the club is beyond a joke now.

• Advertisement

Walcott just isn't a centre forward. I'd much rather Giroud was starting games to try and play himself into some kind of form. Having Welbeck as an option would be very handy right now but the injury record at the club is beyond a joke now.

I think Walcott works against many teams.
    Teams don't play a high line against us because of his speed onto a ball over the top. This allows our creative midfielders more room and more possession.
    I would like to see him get a run of starts. I think his goal to chance ratio would increase with games.
    He is a great option to have. I'd prefer him to Welbeck up front.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement