Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

gosplan wrote: »
    Because it's a discussion I guess.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Besiktas and Anderlecht would beat this lot far better pedigree I can't say I'm a dinamo zagreb expert but last season in the group stages they only got 1 point out of the 6 games and only got here on away goals against Molde and conceded 4 goals no hope in hell should we be dropping points here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

It was oddly refreshing to see Arnautovic flop to the ground and then hypocritically point at Gabriel as if he had moral highground as a victim.

Last season, Arnautovic cynically and needlessly shoved Debuchy to the ground when the ball was as good as dead; which resulted in a dislocated shoulder.

Gabriel should have taken the bastard's head off and spiked it on a bus only to tour North London the following day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

cathalio11 wrote: »
    It was oddly refreshing to see Arnautovic flop to the ground and then hypocritically point at Gabriel as if he had moral highground as a victim.

Last season, Arnautovic cynically and needlessly shoved Debuchy to the ground when the ball was as good as dead; which resulted in a dislocated shoulder.

Gabriel should have taken the bastard's head off and spiked it on a bus only to tour North London the following day.

Forgot that about Debuchy. A little extreme, but I agree with the sentiment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

cathalio11 wrote: »

Forgot that was arnautovic that pushed debuchy on the ground and got away with it. If that's the case fúck him anyway, debuchy injuring his shoulder cost us points last season. But we did end up bringing through Bellerin as a result which was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

City and Utd play their Champions League games tonight. It will be a good opportunity for us to see how they approach it. Last years finalists Juventus could cause an upset at CIty despite their poor start domestically.

Just had a fleeting thought imagining this thread if we had Chelseas start...

...shudder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody think we're gonna see chambers at cb tomorrow or will Arsene wanna stick with the tried and tested? Would like to see 3 or 4 changes in the starting 11 tomorrow, particularly our full backs and maybe Coquelin and Cazorla. Bring in Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta and Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

DenMan wrote: »
    Last years finalists Juventus could cause an upset at CIty despite their poor start domestically.

Aye, they were last year's finalists but any team that loses players of the calibre and importance of Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal almost loses the effects of the previous year's achievements.

Not to mention the injury of Marchisio.

Hopefully, they can bag a result but it would take a sizable under performance from City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Anybody think we're gonna see chambers at cb tomorrow or will Arsene wanna stick with the tried and tested? Would like to see 3 or 4 changes in the starting 11 tomorrow, particularly our full backs and maybe Coquelin and Cazorla. Bring in Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta and Giroud.

No I hope not! We really need to put the strongest team out tomorrow and cement a good start to the CL Group.

gandalf wrote: »
    No I hope not! We really need to put the strongest team out tomorrow and cement a good start to the CL Group.

Apparently Zagreb airport is closed and the players will have to travel to Slovenia by coach, delaying the journey back to the UK. I really think we need to prioritise the Saturday am game so I would definitely bring in the likes of Gibbs, Debuchy, Arteta for tomorrow.

Chambers should be on the bench imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd say he'll make 2 max changes and empty the bench if we're winning comfortably (though Anderlecht last year might dissuade from this :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anyone think that Wilshere is quickly running out of time here. He's is quickly becoming our new Diably :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

if we can get a win on Saturday it won't take too much for Chelsea to be bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hyzepher wrote: »
    if we can get a win on Saturday it won't take too much for Chelsea to be bottom.

Don't think we've won there since Terry slipped on his hole a few years ago in that mental match. Santos even scored in it if I remember right.

I'd take a draw tbh.

cson wrote: »
    Don't think we've won there since Terry slipped on his hole a few years ago in that mental match. Santos even scored in it if I remember right.

I'd take a draw tbh.

A draw against that shambles of a Chelsea squad? I'd take a draw away to Barca or Bayern. But If there was ever a time for us to beat Chelsea, It's now.

Held to a draw at home by Swansea, beaten at home by Palace. Thrashed by City and Everton and Lucky to beat West Brom, that's Chelsea this year, let's add to that, no excuses why we can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A draw against that shambles of a Chelsea squad? I'd take a draw away to Barca or Bayern. But If there was ever a time for us to beat Chelsea, It's now.

Held to a draw at home by Swansea, beaten at home by Palace. Thrashed by City and Everton and Lucky to beat West Brom, that's Chelsea this year, let's add to that, no excuses why we can't.

No doubt we are in better form and should win the game considering how they're going this season. We've been here before though. United have been a shambles in the league for 2 seasons but we havent beaten them. We are a mentally fragile team when the pressure is on.

keano_afc wrote: »
    No doubt we are in better form and should win the game considering how they're going this season. We've been here before though. United have been a shambles in the league for 2 seasons but we havent beaten them. We are a mentally fragile team when the pressure is on.

Ain't that the truth. Anything less than a win here would be hugely disappointing IMO. If they were to beat us It would be their first Home win of the season.

If they play as poorly as they have been then we'll beat them; we'll just have to wait and see if they finally turn up on Saturday. They are a better team than their displays this season have shown.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It would be so Arsenal to lose at the weekend it's hard to imagine any other outcome. :o

Heh, people bigging up crap upcoming opposition, a player's broken leg not healing "as well as expected", how things change.

greendom wrote: »
    If they play as poorly as they have been then we'll beat them; we'll just have to wait and see if they finally turn up on Saturday. They are a better team than their displays this season have shown.

Of course they are, they are the champions, however there Is no way that they will go from being utter rubbish to World Class In one game. If we lose to them It will be because we played poorly not because they were unbeatable.

Heh, people bigging up crap upcoming opposition, a player's broken leg not healing "as well as expected", how things change.

People being 100% negative 100% of the time, plus ca change....

Of course they are, they are the champions, however there Is no way that they will go from being utter rubbish to World Class In one game. If we lose to them It will be because we played poorly not because they were unbeatable.

Ken displaying his amazing powers of being able to see into the future...

Ken displaying his amazing powers of being able to see into the future...

Who's being negative now? I'm being positive by saying we should beat the champions on the weekend, If anyone is being negative, It's you.

You're already getting excuses In for the weekend and now you're being smart taking sly digs at me for no reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

They are going to park the bus and try to nick one on the counter. Chelsea winning doesn't usually equate to them being world class.

I can think of plenty of matches where the team playing Chelsea played well but Chelsea still got a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34259983?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport
    Wilshere has a broken leg and requires surgery that will see him out for 3 months according to the BBC. Poor lad is made of glass :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I would not be surprised if Wilshere was let go sooner rather than later. I don't think he will ever reach his full potential as it stands.

Who's being negative now? I'm being positive by saying we should beat the champions on the weekend, If anyone is being negative, It's you.

You're already getting excuses In for the weekend and now you're being smart taking sly digs at me for no reason?

Not that sly, I did mention you by name. Let see how the game goes and see how both teams perform before we judge how the game was won or lost (or drawn)

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    They are going to park the bus and try to nick one on the counter. Chelsea winning doesn't usually equate to them being world class.

I can think of plenty of matches where the team playing Chelsea played well but Chelsea still got a result.

Are you a fortune teller like me? :pac:

Wouldn't be surprised If they did just that.

But If winning a game was as simple as parking the bus then every team would do it. We have the tools to beat this Chelsea side whether they park the bus or not.

All I'm saying Is that It would be very disappointing not to get a result out of these.

Not that sly, I did mention you by name. Let see how the game goes and see how both teams perform before we judge how the game was won or lost (or drawn)

So..let's not discuss the game until after It happens? Ok then.

Ditto re: not getting a result!

Fingers crossed they implode. If they did, watching that would be almost as satisfying as the result and the points.

So..let's not discuss the game until after It happens? Ok then.

Let's leave the certainties out until after the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It would be so Arsenal to lose at the weekend it's hard to imagine any other outcome. :o

We love to end other teams losing streaks and other teams players goal droughts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Luckily Wilshere is only a squad player anyways like Rosicky. Next summer Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky will be gone meaning we need at least one decent midfielder in. If someone comes along with 20-25 million for Jack, we should jump at it and buy an effective quality player like Pjanic or Fekir (if he comes back from a bad injury)

People being 100% negative 100% of the time, plus ca change....

Go on be positive about the Wilshere news. And how expecting a win against **** opposition is "negative", well I assume you just looked at the username.

Luckily Wilshere is only a squad player anyways like Rosicky. Next summer Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky will be gone meaning we need at least one decent midfielder in. If someone comes along with 20-25 million for Jack, we should jump at it and buy an effective quality player like Pjanic or Fekir (if he comes back from a bad injury)

Tielemans was mentioned in the gossip rags this week as well.

Young player, but could do a very nice job for us.

Let's leave the certainties out until after the transfer window.

In all seriousness tho, I love Jack, I think he's way better than some people on here give him credit for and I'd be disappointed to see him go. He has a lot to offer and Is still relatively young.

• Advertisement

Go on be positive about the Wilshere news. And how expecting a win against **** opposition is "negative", well I assume you just looked at the username.

So you're not knocking the opposition so you will be able to say that winning at Stamford Bridge is not that big a deal or so you can post plenty of negativity after a draw or loss ?

Fair play for the positivity in that case.

That's a real shame for Wilshere. I was really hoping that this year was going to be his opportunity to push onto the next level. It means he is slipping down the pecking order and tbh if there's a good offer for him Arsenal should take it.

So you're not knocking the opposition so you will be able to say that winning at Stamford Bridge is not that big a deal or so you can post plenty of negativity after a draw or loss ?

Do you really think someone would be that sad?

It Is so hard for you to see that we SHOULD be taking 3 points from this Chelsea side? Or do you disagree with that sentiment?

Come on lads - don't be picking at each other's words - you both have valid points.

We should be looking to get 3 points, not getting 3 points could be down to us bottling it. We are all speculating, so don't be arguing semantics with each other.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

This thread has really gone to the dogs with all the bickering.

Would love to see us keep our play open but really get a result with 3+ goal margin in the CL - the Stoke result was grand, but would be nice to see the team stretch it's goal scoring legs.

Also, reallllllly hope Sanchez can find the other side of the post soon. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

On current form, you would definitely say a win tomorrow and Saturday would be the favourites in the bookies. Therefore, I feel we should expect to win both.

Let's see what Chelsea shows up in their UCL game. I cannot see them just turning it on like a switch, but if we see improvements mid week, then the certainty for next weekend fades.

Remember, they have got WC players all over the park. That must always be respected!

Do you really think someone would be that sad?

It Is so hard for you to see that we SHOULD be taking 3 points from this Chelsea side? Or do you disagree with that sentiment?

Based on current form of course I agree but that doesn't make it a foregone conclusion.

Based on current form of course I agree but that doesn't make it a foregone conclusion.

I never said It was a foregone conclusion, in fact I'd be surprised If they didn't beat us. What I said was that we SHOULD beat them, we have no excuses and this Is the best time to face Chelsea.

You missed the posts about how tough Wednesday's match will be?

Based on our current form all that actually is missing is finishing. It is only a matter of time before one of our opponents get an absolute spanking looking at the number of opportunities that are being created. I am kind of hoping it happens this weekend. It certainly would be interesting viewing to see what "the Special One" would attempt to distract from that outcome :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement