Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Arteta is well able for 90 minutes imo, not sure when he ever showed he wasn't

Towards the end of many games he drops the pace and Is incapable of keeping up with runners through the middle which is understandable at this stage of his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Arteta is well able for 90 minutes imo, not sure when he ever showed he wasn't

Just want to see how is has recovered from his past injury and nearly a year out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's Gibbs i'm worrying about tonight.
    Hope i'm wrong but i'm fearful of him whenever he lines out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Is it just me or is this pitch huge?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this pitch huge?

Athletics track around it makes it seem bigger than it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Another timely reminder of why Giroud is not good enough

His attitude all night stank two stupid yellows and constantly moaning at other players

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Flat, lethargic, no guile and poor discipline. That's the 1st half!

Giroud needs a good kick in the stones, not only was his contribution crap, but his attitude was worse!

Over to you Arsene.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Another timely reminder of why Giroud is not good enough

His attitude all night stank two stupid yellows and constantly moaning at other players

Wouldn't go to the ball, blamed everyone else. His complete and utter lack of pace meant a second yellow was always likely.

Sorry. The positives are Gabriel and maybe Arteta.

The Ox has been very very poor too!

emmetlego wrote: »

Lack of Mertesacker showing really though. It's genuinely like we don't have a defensive coach.

• Advertisement

Agreed with this. I'm a big Ox fan and tipped him to have a very good season but when he starts he offers near on nothing. Should be left as an impact sub player. Id worry about his lack of football intelligence.

Just reading Wenger's interview on BBC today --

Arsenal have never won the Champions League and manager Arsene Wenger is determined to put that right.
    "My drive to win the Champions League is immense," said the Frenchman. "It's never been done at Arsenal. We have to put hard work in."

Not much hard work so far Arsene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lack of Mertesacker showing really though. It's genuinely like we don't have a defensive coach.

We don't have a coach. We have a manager who picks a team and sends them out without tactical influence. We're a group of players with no leader and a tactically lacking manager. When the individuals play well it's great, but when they play bad, like tonight they are truly atrocious.

Agreed with this. I'm a big Ox fan and tipped him to have a very good season but when he starts he offers near on nothing. Should be left as an impact sub player. Id worry about his lack of football intelligence.
    By the end of this season he may well be viewed as a busted flush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ox has had a handful of good games for the club since he has joined. He hasnt really developed as much as I hoped he would of.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ox has had a handful of good games for the club since he has joined. He hasnt really developed as much as I hoped he would of.

£12-£15 4 years ago. Martial could end up looking like bargain of the century. :P

In fairness the entire midfield has been poor tonight.
    Poor passes or passes hit far too hard, wrong choice of pass or too slow to pass.
    Take your pick. We've seen them all tonight in that first half.

A very poor performance. Maybe we made too many changes or treated the opposition with no respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ox for a guy with bags of talent has not made any real progress the last 2 -3 years, a bit strange considering he has plenty of big game experience with club and country

wonga77 wrote: »
    Ox for a guy with bags of talent has not made any real progress the last 2 -3 years, a bit strange considering he has plenty of big game experience with club and country
    Just when I wikied his fee I saw about how his debut was as a sub in the 8-2 against United. Fantastic man-management.

FFS. GUBU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

****ing joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

We all knew this team always has defeats like this in them.

Like west ham at the start of the season.

I have seen nothing to suggest we have progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Anyone know what channel the Arsenal v Dynamo Zagreb match is on.

Sky are showing some re-run of a match where we didnt have a clue, didnt respect the opposition and couldnt defend a set piece, etc ... it must be a rerun .. please tell me it is..

Anyone know what channel the Arsenal v Dynamo Zagreb match is on.

Sky are showing some re-run of a match where we didnt have a clue, didnt respect the opposition and couldnt defend a set piece, etc ... it must be a rerun .. please tell me it is..

It's not a repeat. It's just how we play. Just a bit earlier in the CL run this year. Tune in this time next year to see it all over again.

That Arsenal team was not properly prepared for this match.
    Regardless of who is picked to play that performance is awful.
    Zagreb are no world beaters.
    The blame rests with Wenger.

His faith in Giroud and Arteta will cost him/us a decent season again.

It completely does, resting players in your first CL group game away from home is bollix.

He shows players it's not that important and isn't strong enough as a manager to convince them otherwise, he just consistently disappoints these days.

We play Olympiakos next and Bayern in a double header. More than likey have 3 points from 4 games.

Do those who thought there was nobody out there who plays outfield that could improve this squad still think that is the case?

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    We play Olympiakos next and Bayern in a double header. More than likey have 3 points from 4 games.

This was supposedly the banker till Wenger fúcked it up./

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I have to blame Wenger too. Changing a couple of players fine, but half the team. I understand wanting to rest players for Chelsea, but this is the worst prep we could possibly have for the Chelsea game. Exactly the result Mourinho will have wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

If only Welbeck was fit.....

Ah yes, the keyboard warrior meltdown!!! How are ye!

2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

theo!!!

What this game has shown is that we still need a new DM and a CF for starters as well as a LB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Before tonight Olympiacas home record in the champions league was 6 wins outta 6 (Malmao, Juve, Ath Madrid, Man Utd, Anderlect, Benfica) they dont seem like any sort of pushovers. Losing tonight by the odd goal but have created a few chances via Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So yeah. Let's try and get a point off Chelsea at the weekend. Tbh if we lose I'll lose my ducking mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

So yeah. Let's try and get a point off Chelsea at the weekend. Tbh if we lose I'll lose my ducking mind.

No chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

At well

Disappointed with the performance but we'll take second so not overly bothered.

But what I am is seriously fed up with Arsene Wenger, can't wait until the day comes.

• Advertisement

Get third, hopefully win the Europa League and get Wenger his European trophy. Would be a nice way to bow out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm not going to go into meltdown but that has very much kicked me right in the bollox

Never said this before but Wenger should now go.
    Disgraceful display yet again under him despite all his talk.
    The first time Zagreb has beaten English opposition.

I agree with Liam Brady

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

It's going to a long season lads and I'm afraid we won't we celebrating with any trophies come the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

efb wrote: »
    I agree with Liam Brady

what'd he say?

Arsenal's ill-discipline cost them

Zagrebs first win in the Champs Lge in 16 years. Oh dear.....

Pure ****e. Poor form up to the 1st goal, but after that? All based on OG getting sent off. Typical! Well done Zagreb, big boost too for Chelski now! FFS

Let the Wenger out crowd sing loud... This is your golden moment! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What a shame that despite scouring the transfer market worldwide we couldn't find any players to improve us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement