Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Another 18 months of this s*it and pathetic excuses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'll let the #WO brigade have their night. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

emmetlego wrote: »

Let the Wenger out crowd sing loud... This is your golden moment! ;-)

Posts like this are bull, Arsene deserves calling out tonight and you know it

Bad decisions time and time again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That was utterly dire. Players need to buck up. Wenger put out a slightly weakened team, but that's no excuse not to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

So yeah. Let's try and get a point off Chelsea at the weekend. Tbh if we lose I'll lose my ducking mind.

We need to win it, I don't want a draw after tonights result and the way we started a season if Everton, Palace and City can beat them we can. We need to put a stamp on the season.

Anyway tonight showed that this team ain't good enough, Zagreb were fine but we let them in that game. Wenger's defenders will be on defending him of course. But he's left us short once again. What was going on with Giroud I never understand, he can't start him on Saturday. Arteta hasn't the legs anymore and makes Wenger's decision of not buying a CDM, criminal. We miss Bellerin's pace and why did he rest Cech for, the others I understand but GK's ain't running around for 90 minutes. Walcott and Coq (he's so important to us now its crazy) both changed the game when they came on. But we are fighting for 2nd once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

At the rate English teams are going lately there'll be no 4th place trophy on offer either!

Funny I'm not as angry as I'd normally be after such a fcuk up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hmm. Disappointing to lose. Didn't play well.

We'll probably be alright, though.

Now, far more important, get the heads right for Sat.

That was utterly dire. Players need to buck up. Wenger put out a slightly weakened team, but that's no excuse not to win the game.

He's not strong enough to make changes and then convince players this was important

The indiscipline tonight reflects that they have no fear of Arsene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

efb wrote: »

Well there's a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Any fan calling for Wengers head is over reacting to a poor result. Players let him down tonight, only 1 or 2 at a push showed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Didn't see the game, shame about the result. Busy night for button tho :P actually his stats must be through the roof tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

efb wrote: »

The buck stops with the manager.
    Too many displays like that under him.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Any fan calling for Wengers head is over reacting to a poor result. Players let him down tonight, only 1 or 2 at a push showed up.
    I've been calling for his head for two years now. Tonight just further confirms that I believe about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

emmetlego wrote: »
    Let the Wenger out crowd sing loud... This is your golden moment! ;-)

What an utterly stupid post.

I'd never want his head after tonight alone. Sadly this isn't just about tonight though is it....

• Advertisement

It's not about tonight it's the same let down performance season after season a lot of us having been calling for his leaving 2 years or more now

How many more times is that line going to be rolled out by his defenders on here. This is going back a few years now, how many damn times is his players going to let him down with these average results.

The buck stops with the manager.
    Too many displays like that under him.

But it's not his faults it's the players that let him down :rolleyes:

We play Olympiakos next and Bayern in a double header. More than likey have 3 points from 4 games.
    If we don't get a result against Bayern then qualifying will be out of our hands. Incredible really.

Lucky in a sense that the next match ain't at The Emirates because half an hour without a goal and I could see the fans getting more than a bit tetchy.

Looper007 wrote: »
    How many more times is that line going to be rolled out by his defenders on here. This is going back a few years now, how many damn times is his players going to let him down with these average results.

This is it, those complaining at those calling for his head always say it's the reaction to a poor result.

It's not a large proportion are calling for him to leave for a long time.

It's insanity time and time again......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Like most men we're useless without Coq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bad day, now bad result. Bed. Work tomorrow. Urgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've been calling for his head for two years now. Tonight just further confirms that I believe about him.

He is putting too much faith in half of that squad of players, especially our homegrown talent. Oxlade Chamberlain has to be one of our most over rated players ever, Walcott not good enough, Gibbs is a cluster ****. Add in Arteta, Flamini, Giroud who doesnt suit our style, Cazorla and Ramsey too inconsistent, Wilshere too injury prone. Ozil, Snachez, Kos, Cech, Rosicky and Gabriel are the only players in our squad who are genuine world class players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

#wengerin

I'm happy finishing fourth every year.
    Delighted we have such a big bank balance.
    Pleased with how the players perform consistently every week.
    Fantastic transfer window in the summer.
    Really happy we only go so far every year in champions league.

Mediocrity.

Now the pressure is back on us for Chelsea. And we know how we react to big game pressure. Can't contemplate anything but a win. Over to you Arsene, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Tayto et all calling for Wengers head is about as knee jerk as it gets.

Bad night but lol at that.

Soups123 wrote: »
    This is it, those complaining at those calling for his head always say it's the reaction to a poor result.

It's not a large proportion are calling for him to leave for a long time.

It's insanity time and time again......

It's insanity that many are making excuses for these poor results time and time again. This isn't a one off, this will happen again and dozen times with this side. It happened last year, what makes you think it won't this year it's the same side. We already lost to two average teams in West Ham and Zagreb and drew with crappy Liverpool side. I'm fed up people are brushing it off and happy to accept these performances. I don't want us going into a CL every year fighting for 2nd and happy to go out in the last 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

He is putting too much faith in half of that squad of players, especially our homegrown talent. Oxlade Chamberlain has to be one of our most over rated players ever, Walcott not good enough, Gibbs is a cluster ****. Add in Arteta, Flamini, Giroud who doesnt suit our style, Cazorla and Ramsey too inconsistent, Wilshere too injury prone. Ozil, Snachez, Kos, Cech, Rosicky and Gabriel are the only players in our squad who are genuine world class players.

Sanchez and koscielny have been poor this season and rosicky has never been world class

shano_88 wrote: »

How is it knee jerk when a lot of us have been wanting him out for two years or more?

If it makes you feel better somehow to call it knee-jerk then work away, but it isn't

In fairness, you're asking players who haven't been playing to come in and perform. None of these players did, and they won't get a chance to play into form the same way someone like Ramsey is allowed to.

• Advertisement

Do you even read posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

keano_afc wrote: »
    What an utterly stupid post.

Yeah? Expand?

Did you even watch that?
    Did you read what Wenger said in his interview before the game?
    Did you see any of the other rubbish performances under him where he was tactically destroyed?
    He did make history tonight though. That team never beat an English team till Wenger came along.

It's worrying that our top players have regressed so far this year Kos, Sanchez & Ozil. Something is not right in the dressing room.

It's this type that I'm frightened off happy to accept finishing 4th and getting beaten by average teams. But sure Wenger knows best doesn't he :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Do you even read posts?
    Did you even watch that?
    Did you read what Wenger said in his interview before the game?
    Did you see any of the other rubbish performances under him where he was tactically destroyed?
    He did make history tonight though. That team never beat an English team till Wenger came along.

Did you want Wenger gone 3 hours ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yeah a bad night. AGAIN. This crap happens every. single. season.

Happy with playing for fourth? Happy with season after season of dross in the CL? Fine, stick with Wenger so. I'm not. His team's have been underperforming for years. The personnel has changed, but the performances have not. What does that tell you?

No 2 years ago and all the time since to be more exact

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I have been calling for his head for ages. Nothing changes.
    We were told by Wenger and his fans there was no one out there to improve the squad or team. Is there really any debate about that after the start to the season?
    And worse is the patronising posts on here from people claiming it is knee jer to want rid of Wenger. He appears too old and stubborn at this stage.

This result could not have come at a worse time. Chelsea must be laughing.

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    We were told by Wenger and his fans there was no one out there to improve the squad or team. Is there really any debate about that after the start to the season?
    And worse is the patronising posts on here from people claiming it is knee jer to want rid of Wenger. He appears too old and stubborn at this stage.

Don't know what bearing this has on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Basil3 wrote: »

Confidence. We have none. We are mentally fragile.

100% arrogance in the transfer market, same on the pitch. Imagine a club this size saying there are no players world wide that would improve us!

We need a manager with balls to push the board and the club. This is our club not Arsene's he's used up his credit

I always say I don't care who manages Arsenal as long as our team goes out properly prepared, disciplined, focused and prepared to die for the jersey. Can you honestly say that this has happened tonight?
    The manager's job is to make sure the above happens.
    We saw the same dross that we have seem umpteen times.
    In fact it has happened all too often under Wenger. Anderlecht last season??
    Monaco?? Even West Ham this season.

Really you don't see how this knocks the confidence for Saturday? Really?

Confidence. We have none. We are mentally fragile.

The players we brought in played like rubbish. Pretty sure Walcott is as confident as ever, as well as Bellerin, Cech, Ramsey and the Coq.

I'll be shocked if the team on Saturday is anything like what we saw tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So should we still be steamrolling Chelsea on Sat?

Really you don't see how this knocks the confidence for Saturday? Really?

Nobody who matters had their confidence knocked tonight.

The players we brought in played like rubbish. Pretty sure Walcott is as confident as ever, as well as Bellerin, Cech, Ramsey and the Coq.

I'll be shocked if the team on Saturday is anything like what we saw tonight.

I would be worried as tactically Mourinho has always won the tactical battles in the EPL games against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This thread is a pain in the hole after a defeat.

Sometimes teams just don't play well, lads. It happens.

Lost one game - one f*ckin game - in a group stage we never, ever fail to get out of.

You'd swear we just lost ten on the bounce.

Get a grip.

He should have stepped down after the First FA Cup win.

Complete tosh from Wenger and his fans if they think we couldn't have bought two or three very good players in.

I think Chelsea will come back strong on Saturday. The wind will be knocked out of us cause of tonight's result. Chelsea will be up for answering the critics. I hope I'm wrong but I'm worried with every game what team we will get anytime we step onto the field.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement