Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Nobody who matters had their confidence knocked tonight.

That's ridiculous atleast half who started tonight will start Saturday most played ****e. Winning breeds success you can't switch it on/off any top class professional will tell you that

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This thread is a pain in the hole after a defeat.

Sometimes teams just don't play well, lads. It happens.

Lost one game - one f*ckin game - in a group stage we never, ever fail to get out of.

You'd swear we just lost ten on the bounce.

Get a grip.

We have already lost against Chelsea, so technically it's two matches :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lost one game - one f*ckin game - in a group stage we never, ever fail to get out of.

Get a grip.

We've lost a third of our games this season, and looked very very poor in the rest of them.

Get a grip.

Read people's post rather than posting hyperbole

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Nobody who matters had their confidence knocked tonight.

Thanks for that, doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Bad result same lads always post the
    Same crap

"Wenger out" "can't wait for him to go"
    "Another 18 months of this"

It's boring as fcuk we already no what he think win or loose that won't change

Why not talk about why we lost, why we played poor who has regressed

The big thing for me was giroud been sent off, 10 - 11 was too hard, and even second goal came from the zone he should have been in at the corner

The ox is a real let down for me this season so far been so so poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Get a grip.

This isn't Bayern or Dortmund or top side we lost to tonight, so you get a grip on things.

This team hasn't played well all season so far.

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's ridiculous atleast half who started tonight will start Saturday most played ****e. Winning breeds success you can't switch it on/off any top class professional will tell you that

Right, so now Chelsea has beaten a rubbish team, their terrible league form means nothing? Likewise our league team are now all down on confidence because a changed mid week line up had a bad game.

Same crap

The big thing for me was giroud been sent off, 10 - 11 was too hard, and even second goal came from the zone he should have been in at the corner

Post like this are the same crap too.

So we're not allowed discuss what we think is the problem?

We have to find another reason that fits in with your liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Same crap

A lot of us believe Wenger is the reason we lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sometimes we don't play well?

Well sometimes is once every 15-20 games. Not every game bar one or two. It's not an over reaction for us to want Wenger gone. Personally I wanted him gone for the last 4 years. We're just so average.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Thanks for that, doctor.

Just think about it. Run through our starting line up for Saturday. How many of those players could be down on confidence after tonight? At most, I would say Ozil and Sanchez. Everyone else played OK, came on and had a positive impact, or didn't play at all.

Post like this are the same crap too.

So we're not allowed discuss what we think is the problem?

We have to find another reason that fits in with your liking

No debate the game

Instead of the usual ****e about wenger win or loose that won't change we all no that

But still toys out of pram wenger out

It takes the good out of the thread with the same posts after a bad result

Right, so now Chelsea has beaten a rubbish team, their terrible league form means nothing? Likewise our league team are now all down on confidence because a changed mid week line up had a bad game.

Forget Chelsea confidence.

I'm talking about ours, we went half in half out tonight and performed ****. If Chelsea was the bigger picture then our other top players shouldn't have been rested.

We just confined ourself to another second place finish and a second round knock out to a top team. Players lose confidence when they lose games

Quazzie wrote: »
    A lot of us believe Wenger is the reason we lost.

So nothing else to debate

Not the players nothing just wenger out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Santi escaping criticism again as usual. Second worst player to Giroud. If that was Ramsey he would be buried on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,651 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Same crap

The entire midfield was poor tonight.
    Gibbs should be sold asap while he's still worth a few bob.
    BUT the team was badly prepared. Lacking in determination, guts (watch Gibbs attempt at their corner for the second goal), poor place kicking again (do we even practice this), players reluctant to cover back, ill-discipline (answering the ref back and getting needless bookings). This is the manager's job to sort out. He prepares and selects the team. I wonder what was in his team talk before they went out on the pitch?

Sometimes we don't play well?

Well sometimes is once every 15-20 games. Not every game bar one or two. It's not an over reaction for us to want Wenger gone. Personally I wanted him gone for the last 4 years. We're just so average.

That's what I love like this is a one off result and that we're 6 for 6 in the PL and everything is grand in the scheme of things. We only played well for 25 minutes at Palace aside from that and a few of the pro Wenger lot are saying don't worry. We will have results like West Ham and Zagreb scattered throughout this season. This lot will only play well when the pressure is off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Santi escaping criticism again as usual. Second worst player to Giroud. If that was Ramsey he would be buried on here.

I just posted this in the match thread...

agreed - so many players out there with so much to prove - to show to the boss that they were worthy of a place in the first 11 and they just didn't cut it. Debuchy and Gibbs in particular were awful. Not absolving the regulars either, Koscielny didn't look interested, Cazorla was half-hearted and Ozil made a lot of mis-placed passes. Giroud needs cop-on and you could forgive what he did if he were a teenager but not at 28/29, should never have given the ref a decision to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Same crap

Every bad result is Wenger out. Never the players fault, they get such an easy ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I would be worried as tactically Mourinho has always won the tactical battles in the EPL games against us.

Don't think tactics were the problem tonight. Gibbs played ****. Chamberlain and Arteta weren't much better. All three of them should, at least on paper, be head and shoulders above Zagreb.

We left in two terrible goals
    We had 5 shots on target for the whole game, 3 of which were from Giroud and one was the goal.
    8 successful passes in their box.

Even before the game kicked off it looked like none of them wanted to be there.

No debate the game

Instead of the usual ****e about wenger win or loose that won't change we all no that

But those who back Wenger bring the good into the thread?

We lost tonight, the performance, effort & lack of interest has reaped it's head too many times with many different players, Wenger is the common denominator.

The manager should have put out his strongest team tonight it was the first group game, take a break when the jobs done not before you start

No debate the game

It's the fans like you that are happy to accept bad results like this like they are one off's that are taking the fun out of this thread.

This is happening year in and year out and its not acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Neither of those were worse that Gibbs, imho and Jr Campbell... :o

farna_boy wrote: »
    Don't think tactics were the problem tonight. Gibbs played ****. Chamberlain and Arteta weren't much better. All three of them should, at least on paper, be head and shoulders above Zagreb.

We had 5 shots on target for the whole game, 3 of which were from Giroud and one was the goal.

And that's the manager's job to sort these things out and hype up his players. He doesn't seem that bothered and rather mess with his long coat or moan at the 4th official.

Wenger picks the team and chose these players. He's every bit to blame for this as them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Looper007 wrote: »
    This isn't Bayern or Dortmund or top side we lost to tonight, so you get a grip on things.

This team hasn't played well all season so far.

Without wanting to defend our performance tonight, but this is a side who is unbeaten in 42 games. There no mugs.

farna_boy wrote: »

My post was in reference to the upcoming Chelsea game.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Every bad result is Wenger out. Never the players fault, they get such an easy ride.

I'm not saying it's not wengers fault either

But when every time we loose it comes down to wenger out it actually takes away from good debate about the team tactics etc etc

Such as shame this used to be a good place to have a chat and debate but ya go elsewhere for that now cause this place is gone to pot

Wenger out Wenger out
    Yeah but what about debuchys performance
    Wenger can't fire him up should have signed someone in the market Wenger out
    Am ok cya

Basically that's as good as a debate you will get on here nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Roma's goal was just marvellous.

Just saying.

We lost tonight, the performance, effort & lack of interest has reaped it's head too many times with many different players, Wenger is the common denominator.

The manager should have put out his strongest team tonight it was the first group game, take a break when the jobs done not before you start

There was a lot of posts on here calling for rotation I was on of them

• Advertisement

You pretty much are by telling people not on board with Wenger to shut up moaning about wanting him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The players he put out there tonight should have been good enough to win the game. Tonnes of experience and all feel that they should be in the first 11.

Great opportunity for them to prove the boss wrong and they completely flunked it -apart from Ospina.

Gabriel has absolutely proved that he is 1st choice as centre back. Only positives tonight for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

But when every time we loose it comes down to wenger out it actually takes away from good debate about the team tactics etc etc

Such as shame this used to be a good place to have a chat and debate but ya go elsewhere for that now cause this place is gone to pot

Wenger out Wenger out
    Am ok cya

I agree with that.

It's the fans like you that are happy to accept bad results like this like they are one off's that are taking the fun out of this thread.

This is happening year in and year out and its not acceptable.

Yeah I'm delighted with that result

Roma's goal was just marvellous.

Just saying.

i.e Let's get attention away from Wenger ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

shocking result. admittedly i didnt see the game as its the middle of the working day here in vancouver. on the one hand we couldbt have a better time to play chelsea, but they had a good solid win tonight and will be relishing our visit. i fear for saturday

Wenger out Wenger out
    Am ok cya

You are missing the point. Wenger is responsible for preparing the team.
    He tells the players what to do, what not to do. If they don't respond, fail to play to instructions or act with indiscipline that changes the match then he has to deal with that by dropping them, fines etc.
    This has happened far too often that one Wonders if Wenger is interested himself.
    George Graham would not have stood for that kind of performance but under Wenger it is happening all too often.

Dislocated finger the initial diagnosis for @OfficialASRoma goalkeeper Szczęsny. #UCL @ChampionsLeague.

Poor Ches

Wenger out Wenger out
    Am ok cya

Take Debuchy, you can blame him but tbf to him how many games/minutes has he played, same with Gibbs and Arteta yet all came in at the same time tonight?

Surely that's too big a gamble at this level and he should be held accountable.

All of Ozil, Sanchez and Kos are struggling this season. Why can't Arsene and the coaching staff get them going?

Too many issues that for me stem from poor management

He tells the players what to do, what not to do. If they don't respong, fail to play to instructions or act with indiscipline that changes the match then he has to deal with that by dropping them, fines etc.
    This has happened far too often that one Wonders if Wenger is interested himself.
    George Graham would not have stood for that kind of performance but under Wenger it is happening all too often.

He'd be on the blower straight away! We need another hoofer!!! Bunga bunga!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone worried about a Coquelin injury now? We literally have nothing there if we go by Artetas performance.

efb wrote: »
    He'd be on the blower straight away! We need another hoofer!!! Bunga bunga!

We wouldn't be a laughing stock though.

Why are people saying Kos has struggled this season. Bar tonights game I think he has been fantastic alongside Gabriel especially the last 2 league games which resulted in 2 cleans sheets.

greendom wrote: »
    The players he put out there tonight should have been good enough to win the game. Tonnes of experience and all feel that they should be in the first 11.

Great opportunity for them to prove the boss wrong and they completely flunked it -apart from Ospina.

Gabriel has absolutely proved that he is 1st choice as centre back. Only positives tonight for me

Too many were not match fit atleast 3 of them, explained in my post above. Arsene went half in half out like too many things with him, indecisive

He tells the players what to do, what not to do. If they don't respond, fail to play to instructions or act with indiscipline that changes the match then he has to deal with that by dropping them, fines etc.

Tayto your missing the point

I no you want Wenger gone and I have no problem with that
    So after every game you don't have to post about Wenger out, we no your stand

And it takes away from your good posts where you give your opinion on the team performance, tactics, positions etc

Take Debuchy, you can blame him but tbf to him how many games/minutes has he played, same with Gibbs and Arteta yet all came in at the same time tonight?

All of Ozil, Sanchez and Kos are struggling this season. Why can't Arsene and the coaching staff get them going?

Ozil has been one of our best players this season??? One bad game and he's struggling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

i.e Let's get attention away from Wenger ;)

Said it was marvellous.

Not magic. ☺

Anyone worried about a Coquelin injury now? We literally have nothing there if we go by Artetas performance.

That's why I wanted another DM.
    Arteta is aging and getting slower. He was excellent in his day though.

I myself thought this was the right game to give them minutes and bring them up to speed

Still think giroud is more to blame tonight

• Advertisement

That's why I wanted another DM.
    Arteta is aging and getting slower. He was excellent in his day though.

Arteta was very poor tonight which is worrying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement