Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

efb wrote: »
    He'd be on the blower straight away! We need another hoofer!!! Bunga bunga!

I thought you were going to bed :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tayto your missing the point

I no you want Wenger gone and I have no problem with that
    So after every game you don't have to post about Wenger out, we no your stand

And it takes away from your good posts where you give your opinion on the team performance, tactics, positions etc

Tonight is the first time I said that I wanted him out.
    Don't care who manages as long as we get passion and pride in the team. Always said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

That's why I wanted another DM.
    Arteta is aging and getting slower. He was excellent in his day though.

I felt the same. I really didnt think Arteta was a legitimate option for us and its shocking to think we couldnt find any better than him out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Quazzie wrote: »
    I thought you were going to bed :confused:

I'm in bed. I should turn this off. avoidance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not sure what there is to debate? We've been debating the same issues for the last 10 years. Nothing will change so I plan on just trying to stay sane until a new manager comes in and gives us a fresh start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone worried about a Coquelin injury now? We literally have nothing there if we go by Artetas performance.

Arteta always starts slow, hopefully if he had to play regularly he would still be up to it. But there is a real possibility that he is past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Tonight is the first time I said that I wanted him out.
    Don't care who manages as long as we get passion and pride in the team. Always said that.

I'm open to a change of manager too
    Still get more enjoyment talking about a win/loss than having the moan about Wenger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I myself thought this was the right game to give them minutes and bring them up to speed

Still think giroud is more to blame tonight

Not away from home and it being our first game in addition to all 3 together a home game yes

I'm open to a change of manager too
    Still get more enjoyment talking about a win/loss than having the moan about Wenger

But you can't talk about a win/lose without addressing the manager's part in it.
    He selects and prepares the players.

Wenger is saying that some of the players that came in had some outstanding performances. What game was he watching?

• Advertisement

Well Theo starts Sunday. I'm sure thats agreed.

Giroud probably just needs a good ride.

Wenger is saying that some of the players that came in had some outstanding performances. What game was he watching?

Theo and Coq did well when they came in.

Pretty funny how in all of this, it seems to have almost been forgotten that Giroud got himself sent off, and he should be shouldering most of the blame.

Wow Wenger just said the players who came in were outstanding and regulars under performed

That's great for the confidence of those we need Saturday and dilusional of those that came in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ospina? :pac:

Never says "I could have done better too" but then none of them do.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pretty funny how in all of this, it seems to have almost been forgotten that Giroud got himself sent off, and he should be shouldering most of the blame.

I have made reference to this twice

Yeah but if we just went on that we'd be accused of jumping on Giroud again same as when we blame Wenger

Theo and Coq did well when they came in.

He was referring to the players that started due to the rotation.

Sorry. I should've made that clearer.

Well Theo starts Sunday. I'm sure thats agreed.

Giroud probably just needs a good ride.

We'll chip in and book you a flight

• Advertisement

He was referring to the players that started due to the rotation.

Sorry. I should've made that clearer.

hmmm, those that came in... eh... Ospina? Unless his counting Gab...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Soups123 wrote: »
    Yeah but if we just went on that we'd be accused of jumping on Giroud again same as when we blame Wenger

I don't think anyone will do that tonight - many players performed poorly but there's a great chance that we would have got something from the game with 11 on the pitch. Giroud has to take the lion's share of the blame.

Soups123 wrote: »
    We'll chip in and book you a flight

No need, I'll swim across to do my duty, for arsenal, of corse!

Indeed and he should suffer for it.
    BUT the big thing for me was that nobody stepped up to the plate and became a leader. We lack that, a Vieira type player. Maybe Coq will turn out to be the leader we crave.

BUT the big thing for me was that nobody stepped up to the plate and became a leader. We lack that, a Vieira type player. Maybe Coq will turn out to be the leader we crave.

Coq looks the real deal. Arteta wasn't a captain tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I have complete sympathy for Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta. First game in.

For me Giroud and Ox are really at fault. That's not the fist time this season Ox has let us down defensively and Giroud has to be second choice now.

I said it yesterday, Arteta and Caz mid was a bad idea.

greendom wrote: »
    I don't think anyone will do that tonight - many players performed poorly but there's a great chance that we would have got something from the game with 11 on the pitch. Giroud has to take the lion's share of the blame.

I'm far from convinced 11 v 11 we win that. We were already 1 down 11v11.

We went out wrong and it never looked like changing. I do believe the squad have no fear of Wenger

gosplan wrote: »

For me Giroud and Ox are really at fault. That's not the fist time this season Ox has let us down defensively and Giroud has to be second choice now.

No bite with two ballers in centre mid.

I reckon that's one thing we miss when Mert isn't playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Regardless of tonights result for a second, I would be very worried at some of the players that we have in the squad and how they are developing. Ox is not moving forward at all, in fact he's not even as good as he was a few years back. Gibbs is shockingly poor (not just tonight) and realistically not even a good second choice left back any more. Throw in Wilshere (if he can get back to full fitness) and I think this should be a make or break season for them. As Viera said in that documenatry, Wengers biggest flaw is his loyalty and I think some of these players have got their fair share of chances and not repaid his faith. sink or swim for a few of them.
    Debuchy was poor tonight and his diving really annoyed me but I think with a few games under his belt is a good player but not going to dislodge Bellerin.

Coq is vital to our team, if he gets injured we are point blank fcuked. Not a single Arsenal fan in the world would have thought that a few months ago.

I understand why some dont want this to turn into yet another Wenger debate but its really hard to avoid, they are his players and they seem to lack motivation and the fear factor. Its not his style but he needs to be ruthless with 1 or 2 stars and set the tone. Its not totally him to blame either. Is Steve Bould only there to make the tea or what? Our defending from set pieces tonight was sunday league stuff.

gosplan wrote: »

No sympathy for Gibbs at all.
    He ducked out of the corner for their second goal. Should have cut it out and left Koscielney exposed by failing to put his head near it. Watch his jump again. Wenger even mentioned the poor jump without mentioning Gibb's name.
    No place on a football field for cowardly players.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Well I think there is one thing from tonight's game that we can all agree on - Ronnie Whelan is a cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

i think that is very flawed. While I agree MA was p1ss p00r, I do remember him making tackles etc.

emmetlego wrote: »
    i think that is very flawed. While I agree MA was p1ss p00r, I do remember him making tackles etc.

I remember him going in for tackles and losing out on them every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Walcott's goal was nice though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I remember him going in for tackles and losing out on them every time.

Maybe. Need to see it again. My initial impression was different!

symbolic wrote: »
    Walcott's goal was nice though?

Although I'm not sure that Walcott is a #9, he has earned his chance now. Should remain the starter for the league and Europe and give Giroud the cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Although I'm not sure that Walcott is a #9, he has earned his chance now. Should remain the starter for the league and Europe and give Giroud the cups.

Yeah I hope he morphs quickly into a number 9!anyway,looking forward to Saturday... I would love if we.. Etc.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Still think that excuses too many other people. We were already one down before he went off, conceded a second directly from a corner and only had two more shots on target after he went off.

Don't get me wrong, he is a major reason we lost tonight but let's not fool ourselves into thinking that he is the only reason we lost.

• Advertisement

According to Opta, 4 tackles 3 unsuccessful 1 successful- still dreadful

According to Opta, 4 tackles 3 unsuccessful 1 successful- still dreadful

That's not nearly good enough at this level.
    He was a great player though, just not up to it now.
    To keep his fitness levels up he'd need to be playing regularly and he's not going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Bit harsh to focus on Arteta, that was about as bad a team performance as we've seen for a long time, they all let themselves down.

A number of players demonstrated why they are very much second choice in their respective positions.

Giroud and Walcott are not only two very different players, but very different people. Confidence players in very different ways, Giroud has clearly taken recent difficulties to heart, he dwells on things and it can take him a while to snap out of it. Even when he scored at the weekend he didn't look very happy.

Theo on the other hand has this unshakable confidence, not over confidence a la Bendtner who was oblivious to the fact that he was nowhere as good as he thought he was, but confidence in the sense that he doesn't let things get in his head. He will miss a string of absolute sitters but he won't dwell on it, he's far more resilient. Theo can just forget everything that went before and it's all about the next chance, while Giroud takes time to get things out of his system.

One player who particularly disappointed me was Joel Campbell, committed a lot of fouls and didn't really offer us anything. I look at him and ask myself "How much does he want this?", he's not that young, he's 23 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Haven't managed to read every page on here but I'm tired and want to go to bed. There Is nothing I can say that I haven't said before...there are no more excuses that the optimistic fans can use, as much as I respect their opinions and optimism It would just be laughable to listen to another lame excuse.

Giroud,Walcott,Welbeck, I'm sorry this Is not good enough to win leagues.

Coq,Arteta,Flamini, "......................................................................."

More importantly, I fail to see how Arsene Is In anyway a good manager when It comes to the football side anymore. Even his attitude, his team go a man and a goal down and he sits there with a grumpy head on him, giving out to his players.

Get up off your arse, take that face off and give your players some encouragement, set your team up right, have a plan. These are basic things, I am not a manager nor am I qualified to criticise someone like Wenger with any merit but my god on match day we might as well be managerless, I'd of liked to see him go last year but this has to be his last season even If we win the FA Cup and come 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I knew we'd make a balls of this tonight could feel it in my waters.

What annoyed me most was Wenger treating this game like a Carling Cup game and giving players a run out this was the Champions League no matter who the opponent is you play your strongest 11 always.

Giroud needs a good hard kick up the arse but he can't shoulder the blame for this alone we weren't exactly ripping them apart before he got sent off.

Shocking stuff altogether.

I don't think this will be as dry cut a qualification now as some are making out we just heaped pressure on ourselves pointlessly by showing Zagreb zero respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

didn't get to see game live...just heard result and then came home to watch. Read some of the reaction and expected the worst mick ever. This won't b popular but we really should have been 2 nil up after 20 mins. even at 1-0 down if we keep 11 men on the field I'd feel we would have won this game.

Giroud's composure is gone to hell it some of the reaction to his sending off is absurd. It was extremely harsh me as be and all s he was we wouldn't have conceded the 2nd if he was on the field.

Ha can talk rubbish all day about changes and bout Wenger motivating the team but if Kieran Gibbs can't feel motivated enough to fight for his place against Monreal of his own bat then there is zero hope for him. His failure to show any desire to jump for that corner was shocking.

also if people wonder why Wenger plays Ramsey on the right look no further the than that first goal tonight.

as for some of the crisis mode and questioning the manger again after tonight...bit ott and emotionally motivated to a defeat that while disappointing is no way critical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I knew we'd make a balls of this tonight could feel it in my waters.

What annoyed me most was Wenger treating this game like a Carling Cup game and giving players a run out this was the Champions League no matter who the opponent is you play your strongest 11 always.

Giroud needs a good hard kick up the arse but he can't shouldwe the blame for this alone we weren't exactly ripping them apart before he got sent off.

Shocking stuff altogether.

I don't think this will be as dry cut a qualification now as some are making out we just heaped pressure on ourselves pointlessly by showing Zagreb zero respect.
    Yes, completely sent out the wrong message that. Zagreb must have looked at that team sheet and thought "These f*ckers have their minds set on the Chelsea game this weekend"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

didn't get to see game live...just heard result and then came home to watch. Read some of the reaction and expected the worst mick ever. This won't b popular but we really should have been 2 nil up after 20 mins. even at 1-0 down if we keep 11 men on the field I'd feel we would have won this game.

Giroud's composure is gone to hell it some of the reaction to his sending off is absurd. It was extremely harsh me as be and all s he was we wouldn't have conceded the 2nd if he was on the field.

Ha can talk rubbish all day about changes and bout Wenger motivating the team but if Kieran Gibbs can't feel motivated enough to fight for his place against Monreal of his own bat then there is zero hope for him. His failure to show any desire to jump for that corner was shocking.

also if people wonder why Wenger plays Ramsey on the right look no further the than that first goal tonight.

as for some of the crisis mode and questioning the manger again after tonight...bit ott and emotionally motivated to a defeat that while disappointing is no way critical.

We really should have been 2-0 up after 20 mins In most games we've played this year but guess what, we weren't. There is a reason for that.

Giroud's sending off was not harsh, he completely blasted the referee after being penalised and although it seemed a harsh free a player at his level and of his experience should know better than to throw a tantrum, then he comes in with a lazy sloppy challenge to get sent off, not harsh at all, just stupid.

If If If, sick of it. It's Wenger's job to motivate his team nobody else's and If you want to blame the players so be it, but who signed them players?

You say this defeat Is not critical, you say the opening day defeat Is not critical yet at the end of the season If we miss out on qualification by 1,2,3 points then this game was critical, If we miss 4th or 1st by the same margin, then the opening day defeat was critical. No one game defines a season, but an accumulation of games do.

If we won a game would you say ah well this wasn't critical,no you'd say great, thats another 3 points to add to our total. Johnny you do talk a lot of sense some times and you always give a good debate, but writing this game off as nothing and going on as though things will be different this year, It's just nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

I really wish I didn't get sucked into all the media hype about the team before the start of the season, same old crap again. Another shocking performance from the team, we have no leaders in the team. I find it shocking for some feeling sorry for the players that got their first start tonight, you'd swear we were away to Bayern Munich.

Our first choice 11 looks quality on paper but that's about it......

As another poster mentioned before it's hard to see why the likes of Sanchez or Ozil would want to stick around during what is meant to be the prime of their careers.

I don't know what way i feel about the Chelsea game now, but anyway for those of us who follow Arsenal on Facebook we will see the players back in training laughing and joking and all is great!

Watched the Chelsea game they coughed up a lot of Chances last night there still leaky at the back

I reckon we will create a few chances we just need to put them away

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement