Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The same sky sources that didn't know when Cech was having his medical... Only ones worth paying attention to are the BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

emmetlego wrote: »
    Am I alone in being positive about our future now? I mean, we're about to unveil a world class goalkeeper. Last year we got Alexis, and prior to that Mesut Ozil. I mean, we are back eating at the top table, and a marquee signing of a top forward could be enough to push us beyond our threshold. We appear to have our injuries resolved now too, so naturally we'll be stronger if we remain relatively injury free...

I'm very excited at the prospect of 2015/2016

Me too BUT i think we need a DM in case Coq is a one-hit-wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Me too BUT i think we need a DM in case Coq is a one-hit-wonder.

I can understand that reasoning for a nippy winger or a forward who has a bit of a purple patch for 1 season, but a DM? Has there ever been a one-hit-wonder DM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

greendom wrote: »
    I can understand that reasoning for a nippy winger or a forward who has a bit of a purple patch for 1 season, but a DM? Has there ever been a one-hit-wonder DM?

Flamini in his last year before he left?

Probably a little harsh though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Am I alone in being positive about our future now? I mean, we're about to unveil a world class goalkeeper. Last year we got Alexis, and prior to that Mesut Ozil. I mean, we are back eating at the top table, and a marquee signing of a top forward could be enough to push us beyond our threshold. We appear to have our injuries resolved now too, so naturally we'll be stronger if we remain relatively injury free...

I'm very excited at the prospect of 2015/2016

Totally agree. I'm more positive about this coming season than any time in the last decade. I think Cech will be massive for us. Worth another 9 points at least. Additional signings for CH, DM and CF would be a bonus, but I genuinely believe we've enough quality in the squad to mount a serious challenge anyway. We managed to keep pretty much a first 11 fit since last January. We are more settled than any of the top 4. Plus the fixtures are kind for us to start well and to build momentum.

What can possibly go wrong? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If Coq has a poor start, is suspended or even injured for a lengthy period then we are left with Flamini who is past it and Arteta who is far too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

If Coq has a poor start, is suspended or even injured for a lengthy period then we are left with Flamini who is past it and Arteta who is far too slow.

Thats why we are buying Vidal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

ronjo wrote: »
    Thats why we are buying Vidal :)

They mentioned on arseblog extra that a statistical anaylsis of Vidal shows that this season, he's been an AMF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

gosplan wrote: »
    They mentioned on arseblog extra that a statistical anaylsis of Vidal shows that this season, he's been an AMF.

At the start of last year Cazorla was also an AMF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah, I keep coming back to this.

I'm not so worried about him playing poorly, I think we'll see more of the same but a big injury to Coq ends our title hopes the second it happens.

A club with our resources shouldn't be leaving themselves in a position like that.

It's really not OK because it's not like you need an Alexis or Ozil, just a competent backup DMF who can get the club through a suspension or till the Jan window if worse happens.

Really being so reliant on a DMF and only having one is not at all acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

It's official lads! Cech is ours!!!

Wooohooo! Well done AW

It’s official… @PetrCech has agreed to join @Arsenal! Full story here: http://arsn.al/0YDBCD #WelcomeCech

FML

It's official lads! Cech is ours!!!

Wooohooo! Well done AW

Ahh sure, I was posting that a week ago - get with the programme ;)

Ahh sure, I was posting that a week ago - get with the programme ;)

Bravo sir!

His jersey number is to be revealed later today... Will he be #1?

Bravo sir!

His jersey number is to be revealed later today... Will he be #1?

No doubt, Ospina/Sczc will be getting very very very little playing time this year.

CIrKrXJXAAAhWsq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Delighted. Great signing.

Fair play to Roman for doing the decent thing as well

Hope Jose is freaked about it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Signing of the summer already :D Two more to come hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Official Cech is a Gunner

Huge praise for Abramovich but no mention of Mourinho (by name anyway)

• Advertisement

So now that's fine, looks like Ospina will leave by all accounts... Still undecided about that tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Third world class signing in the last two years. A clear indication of progress within the club be outside in terms of the players willing to come to us. Fantastic signing.

Huge praise for Abramovich but no mention of Mourinho (by name anyway)

Yep, an open letter to Chelsea fans, praising the club and owner... Deathly silence on Jose though.. This makes me happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We finally have a world class keeper again...feels good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Amazing signing pure class. Well done Mr Wenger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Any quotes from him about arsenal at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

2 more signings and were ready

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Fantastic signing. One or Two more signings of that quality now please!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Cech and Per look remarkably similar

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I has a happy. Immense signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The days of average goalies are over :D

Any quotes from him about arsenal at all?

Plans to do his talking on the pitch, I hope (getting the defence well organised for one thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

No Vidal interest according to Ornstein. Not surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

When was Arsenals last top class keeper. Seaman?

stephenl15 wrote: »

Jens surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

stephenl15 wrote: »

Lets be fair Lehmann wasn't bad at all, had his moments of madness but he put the fear into the defenders in front of him and controlled the area well.

Any Conspiracy Theories going about that Cech has come here to ruin us from the inside yet? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Game changer with you guys getting Cech. I honestly think he will be worth 10-15pts a season and push Arsenal on to the next level.
    Add in another striker to go with Giroud aswell and it looks good for ye next season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

I have this theory, Wenger convinced Rosicky to stay so we could sign Cech :P ahuehuehueheu! Great signing! Now that CDM is our next priority, striker is just a bonus ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Words from the man Himself - taken from Arseblog

“I’m really excited about joining Arsenal football club,” he told the official site, “and can’t wait to join up for pre-season.

“I have the same commitment to football, the same motivation and the same hunger for success as I had at the beginning of my career, and I love the challenges brought by the top quality players you face while playing in the Premier League.

“When Arsène Wenger spoke to me about his ambitions for this club, and how he saw me as part of this team, the decision was clear.”

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

From Szczesnys Facebook

"Petr Cech, welcome to Arsenal FC!
    Delighted to have a chance to learn from one of the best GK's in the world!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Very clear from Cech's Twitter etc that RA allowed this to happen in spite of Mourinho's wishes.

Fair play to him; good deal for all concerned and nice to see Woj taking it positively. **** buzz on Ospina, though as Arseblog/Stillman said if he was really top drawer you'd have better interest in him than Fener.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

When will the dancing in the car gif be ready with Cech in there?

For me this is the truest sign that Arsene and the club are on a mission, big big signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jaysus, just to say too; the days of haggling over £1m quid here and there as happened with Schwarzer way back when are well and truly gone! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Signing likes of Squillaci, Gervinho Chamakh to signing Alexis, Ozil &; Cech. Amazing what happens when you actually have a good budget. #afc

I really don't want to see Ospina go :(

https://vine.co/v/eJ7Ung5ULIx

https://vine.co/v/eJ7KHnnn2V2

Get rid of John Player

Great saves, but did he do anything approaching that in an Arsenal shirt?

Also we conceded more set piece goals than anyone last season. How much of that is down to the organising powers of the keeper ?

Great saves, but did he do anything approaching that in an Arsenal shirt?

Also we conceded more set piece goals than anyone last season. How much of that is down to the organising powers of the keeper ?

Those saves are from 3 days ago. I am by no means saying play him ahead of Cech, but I rate him higher then Woj.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement