Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How many games do you miss for two yellows???

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Can't argue with either of Santi's yellows.

His corner kick taking ability is absolutely disgraceful.

I'm sure Costa is the same person on and off the pitch what a disgusting human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm just going to pretend that this week never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

our set piece delivery is atrocious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Santi has been escaping criticism all season tbh. Should not be starting centrally for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Self destruct mode is in full effect this week.

Now everyone remember no hyperbole it's OK well still get top four and there was no quality signings available in the summer.

It's nothing to do with Arsene he only impacts games we win

It's not the beginning of the end it's just another normal Wenger season

Soups123 wrote: »
    Same **** time after time after time Same **** time after time after time

Why leave Cazorla on?

In fairness. Caz had two fouls the whole match. Both yellow. Rough.

One

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

This game can't end soon enough.

Put on the rugby not watch ****e like Costa.

Costa doesnt bother me. Id love if we had a player that would rough up opposing players.

Big bunch of Mary's at the Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Iv seen this season before and its the same old story. Getting boring now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Iv seen this season before and its the same old story. Getting boring now.

Well.. You know where the remote is :)

Costa doesnt bother me. Id love if we had a player that would rough up opposing players.

Big bunch of Mary's at the Arsenal.

Costa doesn't rough up he play acts.

Keown roughed up players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Self destruct mode is in full effect this week.

Now everyone remember no hyperbole it's OK well still get top four and there was no quality signings available in the summer.

How is this Wengers fault in the slightest? He's not to blame for Gabriel being stupid, he's not to blame for Cazorla being stupid. Whatever about signings or the rest of the season so far, this result is not on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

We're going to have to get knocked out of Europe as fast as possible now so we can concentrate on qualifying for Europe next year.

Not too worry lads we will finish 4th as the competition for that spot is so fcuking ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Can't say I'm surprised at all, expected nothing more than to lose this match. Same old Arsenal.

How is this Wengers fault in the slightest? He's not to blame for Gabriel being stupid, he's not to blame for Cazorla being stupid. Whatever about signings or the rest of the season so far, this result is not on him.

Did I actually mention Wenger in my post once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Costa doesn't rough up he play acts.

Keown roughed up players

Arsenal have had plenty of play acters. Pires was the biggest cheat going and he was adored. Lets not be blinkered here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Kirby wrote: »
    Arsenal have had plenty of play acters. Pires was the biggest cheat going and he was adored. Lets not be blinkered here.
    Bull****. One dive against Portsmouth. What else???

Pires was a serial diver. Every game. why re-write history? :confused:

I'm not being blinkered I always hated the fact Pires fell over so easy.

I can't stand any play acting in football regardless of who they play for it's what ruins the game and gives football it's bad reputation

Completely agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Thought Arsenal played well until the... unpleasantness...

Disappointing end to it all. Onwards and upwards though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Not joking lads. Don't think I have ever hated a football club so much as Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Pires was a serial diver. Every game. why re-write history? :confused:

Proof. Apart from that one against Portsmouth give specific examples. You're making the claim, onus is on you to prove it.

Eboue was a diver. Pires no.

Proof. Apart from that one against Portsmouth give specific examples. You're making the claim, onus is on you to prove it.

The onus is not on me to prove anything. It's common knowledge. If you want to take a contrary view, go right ahead. I'm in no rush to change your mind. You believe what you like about Pires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Hard to assess that tbh. The obvious turning point was the Gabriel sending off. There was nothing in it up until that point, knew we were gonna lose from then on. Can't post my thoughts on Diego Costa as I would get banned, but it's sickening how he was rewarded for that, the guy did nothing throughout the whole match, but will be hailed by some as a hero.

We need to bounce back and bounce back fast.

Who signed them? Who played them? The buck stops with the manager.

• Advertisement

In fairness Pires was a bit of a panzy afraid to get stuck in and did fall over easy enough.

For me it's why I'll always have Over mars ahead of him.

Pires as sublime as he was could drive me nuts at times.

The onus is not on me to prove anything. It's common knowledge. If you want to take a contrary view, go right ahead. I'm in no rush to change your mind. You believe what you like about Pires.

So, you can't prove your claim? Just as I anticipated. Cheerio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well that is complete and utter ****e!

Carzola missing a game is no major loss but Gabriel is!

There needs to be some serious work done with our discipline, 3 reds in two games is pathetic.

I am so pissed off right now. I'll be even more pissed off if the FA don't sanction Costa.

That was another piss poor performance.

Is there an Arsenal player on form???

Any word on Coq?

Eboue was a diver. Pires no.

Eboue was a complete joke. Useless. He should never have been at Arsenal.

It's Wengers fault we are as we are, it's not about individual decisions or games it's the greater picture.

We are a static club because of him, agree with or not it's the truth, onfield performance and indicaplines reflects him

So, you can't prove your claim? Just as I anticipated. Cheerio.

I can. But you will forgive me for not scouring several thousand hours of footage looking getting clips for some randomer I've never even seen in the thread before. I have better things to be doing than try and prove an obvious fact that everybody and their mother knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The form of Sanchez is extremely worrying too, thought he was awful today and should have done a lot better with the chance he had. Same with Ramsey, he had a great chance to pull the trigger first half and ended up neither passing or shooting.

I can. But you will forgive me for not scouring several thousand hours of footage looking getting clips for some randomer I've never even seen in the thread before. I have better things to be doing than try and prove an obvious fact that everybody and their mother knows.
    An obvious fact wouldn't require one as you say to trawl trough "thousands of hours" of footage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Thought we were playing well until the sending off

Changed everything, least one of the games they miss is the league cup

Absolutely hate Chelsea

Away to Leicester next plenty lads here will be happy to take a point there.

The form of Sanchez is extremely worrying too, thought he was awful today and should have done a lot better with the chance he had. Same with Ramsey, he had a great chance to pull the trigger first half and ended up neither passing or shooting.

Didnt think Sanchez could repeat last seasons form and goals and looks that way. Makes it more astounding that we didnt get a forward in or maybe Wenger thinks Walcott can make up for a Sanchez goal tally drop?

That was another piss poor performance.

Is there an Arsenal player on form???

Coquelin our best player who now looks to be injured but sure it's grand we have Arteta as his replacement there were no midfielders for sale in the summer they were all sold out in an unforseen result of global warming or some other bull**** excuse.

League Cup - Third Round Tottenham v Arsenal Wed 23 Sep 19:45

Premier League Leicester v Arsenal Sat 26 Sep 15:00

Champions League - Group F Arsenal v Olympiakos Tue 29 Sep 19:45

Premier League Arsenal v Man Utd Sun 4 Oct 16:00

Premier League Watford v Arsenal Sat 17 Oct 17:30

Champions League - Group F Arsenal v Bayern Mun Tue 20 Oct 19:45

Premier League Arsenal v Everton Sat 24 Oct 17:30

Premier League Swansea v Arsenal Sat 31 Oct 15:00

Champions League - Group F Bayern Mun v Arsenal Wed 4 Nov 19:45

Premier League Arsenal v Tottenham Sun 8 Nov 16:00

There's our next 10 matches after which we'll have played 12 league matches and 4 CL matches. Usually I wouldn't care about a League Cup match but it's Spurs.
    The 6 league matches are United, Spurs, Everton, Swansea, Leicester and Watford. I fancy Everton to make a good go of this season so what do we expect from those 6 matches? I make it we got 7 points from the corresponding fixtures last season which would leave us on 17 points from 10 matches. That ain't gonna be good enough.
    CL we'll have played 4 matches and a win against Olympiakos and a loss and draw with Bayern would leave us on 4 points from 4 matches.

It's gonna take a serious change of form to alleviate the serious pressure Wenger is gonna face. Let's say we get 6 wins a loss and 2 draws from those matches (not including league cup). That would seem like a good run but really we need at least a win and draw in the CL. Along with a loss that would leave 5 wins and a draw in the 6 PL matches. Hard to see happening.

Long story short, even a run of 6 wins out of those 10 matches sounds good and with the quality of opposition would be about par but would still leave us pretty far behind in both competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Watching the replay I wish Koscielny wasn't such a man for once and made a meal of Costa's headbutt he would have got the red.

Sometimes with a tramp like that you need to stoop to their level.

Realistically we'll be doing well to get even a point from the two Bayern games. Any slip ups in our other three CL games and it could be Europa League for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Mike Dean voted MOTM on Canal Plus in France with 35% of the vote.

Just..

Gah!

I hate them!

• Advertisement

Still -5 on corresponding fixtures, 5 goals scored in 6 matches including 2 OGs. Poor stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement