Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

Realistically we'll be doing well to get even a point from the two Bayern games. Any slip ups in our other three CL games and it could be Europa League for us.
    Yup, gonna need an unreal turn of form over the next 10 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Watching the replay I wish Koscielny wasn't such a man for once and made a meal of Costa's headbutt he would have got the red.

Sometimes with a tramp like that you need to stoop to their level.

I thought it was all chest from Costa ?

Still -5 on corresponding fixtures, 5 goals scored in 6 matches including 2 OGs. Poor stuff.

Ah feck off with that sh*te.

I swear you love to gloat about this type of cr@p.

You're as big a WUM as Costa

Wenger mentioned the excellent spirit we showed yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Wenger mentioned the excellent spirit we showed yet?

We?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

You're as big a WUM as Costa

He posted a fact, If It was a positive fact he'd have about 10 thanks.

Go feck yourself you precious fecker.

(I assume using "feck" stops something counting as abuse.)

We'll never know I spose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I know it sounds stupid, but we really need to win the next 6 league matches, which include Man Utd, Everton and Spurs if we have any aspirations of winning the league. We could be 8 points behind after 6 games, this slow start cost us last season and could happen again.

I know it's Spurs mid week but I'd make 11 changes in that game as really couldn't give a damn about the league cup. A big month or so ahead anyway, we are up against it in the champions league too, which is gonna make it harder for the league games inbetween.

• Advertisement

Love to know what positive facts there are to post. :P We top of the red card table maybe? :P Oh, only 2 teams have conceded fewer goals. That's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

The next 10 fixtures don't look good for us. I worry.

Yeah I think you're good :) a lot worse will be said!

Go feck yourself you precious fecker.

Button, I know you're a WUM and a clever one. 95% of your posts, at least, attack the team. As for being "precious" I won't tell you where you can stick that opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I know it sounds stupid, but we really need to win the next 6 league matches, which include Man Utd, Everton and Spurs if we have any aspirations of winning the league. We could be 8 points behind after 6 games, this slow start cost us last season and could happen again.

I know it's Spurs mid week but I'd make 11 changes in that game as really couldn't give a damn about the league cup. A big month or so ahead anyway, we are up against it in the champions league too, which is gonna make it harder for the league games inbetween.

Is It wrong of me that I've already put any aspirations of winning the league In the bin? Really I've given up hope and fully expect to finish 4th. I'm just going to try and enjoy our matches as much as I can and hold on hope that next year we get a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Not joking lads. Don't think I have ever hated a football club so much as Chelsea.

9Ruu6D6.jpg

Unlucky really, I'd be angry if I was an Arsenal fan. He should've walked, but that's football and the first rule of dealing with Costa should be don't react.

Are you taking the piss?

That's what I was getting at, the next 6 PL and 3 CL matches are huge and of the 9 matches there's United, Spurs, Everton, Bayern home and away. Even if we win the other 4 (do we expect it?) we need a couple of wins out of those 5 just to stay somewhere near par. At the same time the local fans ain't gonna be happy if we do get done by Spurs even if it is just the League Cup. That's what happens with bad results though, just adds more pressure later.
    That said I would pretty much expect our 20-30th best players to play and win easily. Which somehow our 5-16th couldn't do last week.

No chance of winning the league now I think. The team should have clicked by now and I'm confused as to why they haven't. The team today played like strangers compared to the team that finished last season.

Loads of misplaced passes, more passes that were short or played behind the player.

No idea what's going on at all.

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Are you taking the piss?

No I'm not , why?

• Advertisement

Button, I know you're a WUM and a clever one. 95% of your posts, at least, attack the team. As for being "precious" I won't tell you where you can stick that opinion!
    Is there anything I've posted that you can actually argue against? Stats, fixtures? Do you think I'm expecting too much or too little from the next matches? Do you disagree that the crowd (locals) Are ready to turn barring a huge change in our results very soo?
    Is It wrong of me that I've already put any aspirations of winning the league In the bin? Really I've given up hope and fully expect to finish 4th. I'm just going to try and enjoy our matches as much as I can and hold on hope that next year we get a new manager.
    Wrong of you to have had any in the first place. :pac: 3rd is the best we can hope for, if United don't get going. I fancy Everton to get ahead of Liverpool this season and if we do let things slide much more I'd be very worried.

No I'm not , why?

I took from your post that you think we can win the league and that to me is genuinely shocking and hence why I thought it was a piss take.

The way the afternoon matches are going we'll still be 4th tonight once City win. There, I found a positive. :P

I took from your post that you think we can win the league and that to me is genuinely shocking and hence why I thought it was a piss take.

It always hurts to say it, but no I don't think we can win the league realistically and thought that since Wenger didn't sign one outfield player in the summer. The whole start to this season has the feeling of de Ja vu. Top 4 isn't a danger though imo, I don't fear any of the chasing pack.

If we have any aspirations of winning the league than the next 6 games are must wins. I do believe though that Wenger thinks the team is good enough to win the league. I am getting tired of this constant 3/4th place bull, but won't give up the possibility of the league until we are about 10points off the pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No chance of winning the league now I think. The team should have clicked by now and I'm confused as to why they haven't. The team today played like strangers compared to the team that finished last season.

Loads of misplaced passes, more passes that were short or played behind the player.

No idea what's going on at all.

Yep I agree the league is gone and like you I can't understand why we aren't clicking. The only thing I can think if is a lack of confidence. It is obvious to me that Wenger's time has passed and a new manager is needed. On paper we have a very good team and the fact it isn't performing lies firmly at the feet of the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fed up just shocking.

gandalf wrote: »
    Yep I agree the league is gone and like you I can't understand why we aren't clicking. The only thing I can think if is a lack of confidence. It is obvious to me that Wenger's time has passed and a new manager is needed. On paper we have a very good team and the fact it isn't performing lies firmly at the feet of the manager.

We're missing what we've missed all along. A bastard or 2. Someone who would've set up the defence properly the other night and bollocked the team for letting in a set-piece goal when down to ten men. A schemer, all that cliche stuff, but it's true.
    We also need a defensive coach and someone who actually has tactical ideas rather than the same tired stuff Wenger's gone with for the last 10 years.

Also I find the lack of confidence thing funny. Just the other day we were supposedly losing because of arrogance and over-confidence. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Pain in the hole. I know we have our flaws, but **** me that costa fella is painful to watch. No wonder rugby and gaa fans look down at soccer when we have scumbaggery like this in the sport, and it seems to not only go unpunished but is excused and even admired by some...pain in the tits too.

I don't follow match threads prefer to watch the game but was anyone else disappointed with Cech for the first goal?

• Advertisement

I don't follow match threads prefer to watch the game but was anyone else disappointed with Cech for the first goal?

Not at all. Kos to blame imo

Who knows what's going wrong at the moment. It's weird. You can't lay blame at Wenger's feet for some of the individual errors, like Kos putting half the Chelsea team onside for the first goal, or Giroud/Gabriel losing their cool.

Right now it really feels like everything is against us, whether it be ref's decisions or the bounce of the loose ball. Once these things swing around, this team can go on a run, I'm sure.

Not at all. Kos to blame imo

Def Kos playing them all on but felt once Cech got the hand to it he could have done better....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Post match interview

I though Wenger handled it well.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Who knows what's going wrong at the moment. It's weird. You can't lay blame at Wenger's feet for some of the individual errors, like Kos putting half the Chelsea team onside for the first goal, or Giroud/Gabriel losing their cool.

Right now it really feels like everything is against us, whether it be ref's decisions or the bounce of the loose ball. Once these things swing around, this team can go on a run, I'm sure.

This is it, for how many years has it now been that we can't blame Wenger for players' mistakes? It's not his fault and never is when players get sent off or Cygan or Silvestre or Squillachi **** it up because they're all we could afford.
    It's a cop-out, pure and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Özil's next contract negotiation (which can't be too far off) should be interesting. Will he be willing to commit his peak years to us if he sees no evidence of us pushing on from being a 3rd/4th place team who can't make it to the quarters of the Champions League? (basically exactly where we were when he joined)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Tbh if this was a once off or even just two games you would have a point. It isn't, performances like this are all too common and that lays the responsibly firmly at Wenger's feet and at the boards feet who have to pull the trigger because it's obvious Wenger doesn't have the good sense to walk away.

This is it, for how many years has it now been that we can't blame Wenger for players' mistakes? It's not his fault and never is when players get sent off or Cygan or Silvestre or Squillachi **** it up because they're all we could afford.
    It's a cop-out, pure and simple.

No, a cop out is to constantly whinge, moan, and blame Wenger for everything.

gandalf wrote: »
    Tbh if this was a once off or even just two games you would have a point. It isn't, performances like this are all too common and that lays the responsibly firmly at Wenger's feet and at the boards feet who have to pull the trigger because it's obvious Wenger doesn't have the good sense to walk away.

This is essentially the same line-up that were almost unstoppable in the second half of last season. Wenger gets no praise for this, but it's all his fault when the same players aren't clicking, or ref's decisions are going against them.

It's actually funny, we've gone from the 5th to the 7th most valuable club in the world for this year, with both Chelsea and City overtaking us. So much for stability. :pac:

This is essentially the same line-up that were almost unstoppable in the second half of last season. Wenger gets no praise for this, but it's all his fault when the same players aren't clicking, or ref's decisions are going against them.

So your happy finishing fourth all the time? If it's not the managers fault out of curiosity who do you blame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Listening to Wenger there is a breath of fresh air compared to that other vile Mourinho ...nice to see his personality dribbling into his players not that Costa needed any of it

and by the way Oscar's challenge was awful aswell i know he got yellow carded but jesus he's not that type of player at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

No, a cop out is to constantly whinge, moan, and blame Wenger for everything.

He is to blame for a lot. He no longer inspires IMO. We lose to Chelsea whilst other teams have beaten them this season. Lose mid week to a cl qualifying team. If Wenger no longer inspires, then that is the problem, as well as individuals that could not care less.

So your happy finishing fourth all the time? If it's not the managers fault out of curiosity who do you blame?

No, I'm not happy. I'm simply saying that Wenger can't be blamed for everything, yet you seem to think he can?

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    He is to blame for a lot. He no longer inspires IMO. We lose to Chelsea whilst other teams have beaten them this season. Lose mid week to a cl qualifying team. If Wenger no longer inspires, then that is the problem, as well as individuals that could not care less.

That is just crazy logic. We can't beat Chelsea, but other teams can....so what? Chelsea lost to Palace, we beat Palace. By your logic we are better than Chelsea anyway, so it doesn't matter?

No, I'm not happy. I'm simply saying that Wenger can't be blamed for everything, yet you seem to think he can?

Well who signs the players? Who selects the tactics? Who is responsible for what happens on the pitch? The buck starts and stops with manager it's his team out on the pitch.

If you know otherwise I'm listening?

Imagine Simeone coaching Arsenal. Will never happen but what a appointment that would be.

Well who signs the players? Who selects the tactics? Who is responsible for what happens on the pitch? The buck starts and stops with manager it's his team out on the pitch.

If you know otherwise I'm listening?

Right, I'm sure Wengers tactics/team talk involved telling Kos to play everyone onside for a free kick, and for Gabriel to react to Costa's bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

That is just crazy logic. We can't beat Chelsea, but other teams can....so what? Chelsea lost to Palace, we beat Palace. By your logic we are better than Chelsea anyway, so it doesn't matter?

Do you think Wenger still inspires the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Did I actually mention Wenger in my post once?

True enough, I jumped the gun a bit there :o

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Do you think Wenger still inspires the team?

That, I can't say. He was inspirational enough to go on an amazing run through the second half of last season, unless that was nothing to do with him? He was inspirational enough to convince Ozil and Sanchez to join. He was inspirational enough through back-to-back FA Cups.

My problem is that he is always to blame, and never praised by a lot of people here.

I wouldn't be opposed to a new manager coming in, but the list of people who would be at least on Wenger's level is even smaller than the list of World Class strikers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement