Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Still full of Chelsea fans here. club and fans no class.

mike Dean is an utter clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Back to the topic in hand.

Suspensions going to start hitting us. Gabriel 3 match ban as it was a straight red. The BFG better recover soon or we have chambers in the middle.
    More worrying is the Coq injury. We have no replaement for him as Arteta and Flamini aren't up for it.

Wenger has to play a strong team against Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Whatever about class and all that garbage its a different game if Mike Dean does his job with any level of competence and sent off Costa for slapping kos in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Pudders wrote: »
    Still full of Chelsea fans here. club and fans no class.

mike Dean is an utter clown.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262230/Arsenal-win-seven-cent-games-Mike-Dean-referees.html

It's 2013 but arsenal win 7% with Mike in charge;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Whatever year we met ye in the champions league later stages. Not sure if semi or quarter. Home leg in Stamford bridge, It finished a draw. I happen to have a Chelsea season ticket that year by chance. To say ye are a rough bunch would be putting it mildly. Thanks for all your useful links :roll eyes:

Don't bother.

Mostly in their thread they advocate racism, eye-gouging, faking injury, trying to get opponents sent off. This is the correct approach to football. A few of them make stuff up to create more of a culture of 'everyone against us'.

But any criticism is bias, anti-Chelsea, anti-Mourinho etc. 'We're victims, it's a conspiracy, everyone's against us'. You ask a question and you get rounded on because being a Chelsea supporter is so often about defending the indefensible and shifting the blame. You got assaulted at a match - your fault for not reporting it.

The truth is many Chelsea fans would much prefer a Costa to an Ageuro because it suits their narrative so well. They need to be hated.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Mostly in their thread they advocate racism, eye-gouging, faking injury, trying to get opponents sent off.

In fairness, more than one manager has come out and pointed to Arsenals cheating, a few years back it seemed every week Allardyce or Pulis was pointing it out, or Eduardo was diving and rolling around to win crucial penalties.

Did Arsenal change and give up that cheating? Has Wenger dropped it as a tactic?

In fairness, more than one manager has come out and pointed to Arsenals cheating, a few years back it seemed every week Allardyce or Pulis was pointing it out, or Eduardo was diving and rolling around to win crucial penalties.

Did Arsenal change and give up that cheating? Has Wenger dropped it as a tactic?

Do you not have anything better to do than trolling this thread?

Man you tried this yesterday?

I'm baffled as to this cheating tag you have labelled arsenal with.

As if it compares to any of the behaviour mentioned above.

Fact is arsenal are much classier club. Most fans of other teams I speak to say they would rather arsenal win the league if their team can't.

Neutrals also seem to like arsenal and what they represent.

So you can keep trying to drag them down to Chelseas level.

Truth always prevails.

Given it was your example, read thread. It's the match vrs Celtic where Eduardo wrongly dived.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055662808

Count the condemnations from Arsenal fans. A lot of us don't want players that break the rules. We want to win through football.

Now read the Chelsea thread since yesterday. The only worry about Costa is that he comes to close to getting himself sent off.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Do you not have anything better to do than trolling this thread?

"We want to say other teams cheat but ignore our own cheating"

:)

We all know Wenger was famous for his "I did not see that", but come on, ye fans don't have to slavishly copy that nonsense!

Not absolving Chelsea for a second, Costa cheats, as do Chelsea, as do Arsenal, Liverpool, ManU and pretty much every team. There is no particularly ugly side...even if a few managers singled out Arsenal in particular for that tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A big problem with Arsenal is that the club has been moulded by the manager.

Wenger is a whiney little boy and a excuse merchant. He would have succeeded if were not for everybody else.

The players have become whiney little boys and the excuse merchants. They would have succeeded if it were not for all those other teams.

Wenger has fostered a horrible culture at Arsenal. Everybody at the club has become whiney little boys. You have Cech, Mertesacker and Koschielny at the club, actual grown up men. The rest are man-boys. They look like they get their WAGs to deal with a Spider in the house. A bunch of son-in-laws as Souness once described them.

Now the man-boy culture has spread to the fans. Diego Costa was mean to one of their players, Chelsea fans were mean to me, Mourinho was mean to Wenger, Nobody plays fair, blah, blah, blah.

All deflecting from the real issue of that somehow Arsene Wenger is still the manager of Arsenal.

"We want to say other teams cheat but ignore our own cheating"

:)

We all know Wenger was famous for his "I did not see that", but come on, ye fans don't have to slavishly copy that nonsense!

Not absolving Chelsea for a second, Costa cheats, as do Chelsea, as do Arsenal, Liverpool, ManU and pretty much every team. There is no particularly ugly side...even if a few managers singled out Arsenal in particular for that tactic.

Exactly.

So Arsenal are just as guilty as Chelsea and Costa is pretty much the same player as Ageuro and everyone hates Chelsea because they're jealous or something.

Surely the funniest one where Arsenal and Chelsea tried to outdo each other with the diving and cheating was the wonderful Drogba Lehman moment...

http://youtu.be/ybRbGakYyVQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wenger is a whiney little boy and a excuse merchant. He would have succeeded if were not for everybody else.

The players have become whiney little boys and the excuse merchants. They would have succeeded if it were not for all those other teams.

Wenger has fostered a horrible culture at Arsenal. Everybody at the club has become whiney little boys. You have Cech, Mertesacker and Koschielny at the club, actual grown up men. The rest are man-boys. They look like they get their WAGs to deal with a Spider in the house. A bunch of son-in-laws as Souness once described them.

Now the man-boy culture has spread to the fans. Diego Costa was mean to one of their players, Chelsea fans were mean to me, Mourinho was mean to Wenger, Nobody plays fair, blah, blah, blah.

All deflecting from the real issue of that somehow Arsene Wenger is still because the manager of Arsenal.

Costa is hardly some hardman. He whines as bad as anybody to the ref any time somebody touches him. "Tough" he certainly isnt.

Costa is pretty much the same player as Ageuro...

Huh?

I disagree. Not sure why it's relevant though.

All deflecting from the real issue of that somehow Arsene Wenger is still because the manager of Arsenal.

amazing post

Kind of like when you read this thread, no-one blames Wenger for anything ever.

Huh?

I disagree. Not sure why it's relevant though.

What does relevance have to do with anything. Can we not just continue to point out random stuff.

Chelsea fan accusing another team's manager of moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

All deflecting from the real issue of that somehow Arsene Wenger is still the manager of Arsenal.

Not sure Wenger whines much more than most football managers these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Don't bother.

Mostly in their thread they advocate racism, eye-gouging, faking injury, trying to get opponents sent off. This is the correct approach to football. A few of them make stuff up to create more of a culture of 'everyone against us'.

But any criticism is bias, anti-Chelsea, anti-Mourinho etc. 'We're victims, it's a conspiracy, everyone's against us'. You ask a question and you get rounded on because being a Chelsea supporter is so often about defending the indefensible and shifting the blame. You got assaulted at a match - your fault for not reporting it.

The truth is many Chelsea fans would much prefer a Costa to an Ageuro because it suits their narrative so well. They need to be hated.

That is an atrocious post in every respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What the fcuk is going on in here? Where did all the new posters arrive from and what has happened to the regulars?

wonga77 wrote: »
    What the fcuk is going on in here? Where did all the new posters arrive from and what has happened to the regulars?

Indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I think most like myself came in expecting to read and post about arsenal instead found a bunch of fools spouting verbal diarrhea about Chelsea and making excuses for cheating in football.

Blah blah blah run along back to your own threads it's boring.

Panthro wrote: »
    That is an atrocious post in every respect.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057379392

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A link to the Chelsea Superthread?:confused:
    Care to elaborate?

...found a bunch of fools spouting verbal diarrhea about Chelsea and making excuses for cheating in football.

If you are referring to Arsenal fans going nuts about Chelsea and making excuses for their record in diving and cheating under Wenger, that's a bit provocative on the Arsenal thread. I don't think Arsenal are much worse than others.

If you are referring to Arsenal fans going nuts about Chelsea and making excuses for their record in diving and cheating under Wenger, that's a bit provocative on the Arsenal thread. I don't think Arsenal are much worse than others.

No one is defending Arsenal I'd you bothered to read the thread yesterday I actually said how I always had a gripe with Pires over how easily he fell over and for me how I'd have Overmars in an Arsenal team over him because if that.

Besides Arsenal aren't known for that these days name one Arsenal player with a reputation?

Chelsea and Costa have become known for it in European football.

Why try defend Costa's actions by deflecting and acting like a child by saying sure all the other boys in class do it?

Do you lack the class or balls to admit it was wrong?

No one is defending Arsenal I'd you bothered to read the thread yesterday I actually said how I always had a gripe with Pires over how easily he fell over and for me how I'd have Overmars in an Arsenal team over him because if that.

Besides Arsenal aren't known for that these days name one Arsenal player with a reputation?

Why try defend Costa's actions by deflecting and acting like a child by saying sure all the other boys in class do it?

Seems its ok to act like a thug once someone plays for your football team.

But outside of that its unacceptable.

Arsenal are pretty famous for it, but if you are saying Wenger has stopped it as a tactic recently, that's good and to be welcomed.

Pointing out that every club does it is precisely the point. Because it addresses the hysterical villification of Chelsea.

What's that about "lacking balls". It's an anonymous forum! Do you think it takes courage to express a mild opinion here? Jaysis!

• Advertisement

Arsenal are pretty famous for it, but if you are saying Wenger has stopped it as a tactic recently, that's good and to be welcomed.

Pointing out that every club does it is precisely the point. Because it addresses the hysterical villification of Chelsea.

What's that about "lacking balls". It's an anonymous forum! Do you think it takes courage to express a mild opinion here? Jaysis!

Well it seems to be the case alright since not one Chelsea fan has actually said ya know what sorry what Costa done has no place in modern football and left it at that so yea maybe it's not balls just no class then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blah blah blah run along back to your own threads it's boring.

Cut out the backseat modding. A superthread is open to everyone. If you think someone is breaking rules of whatever, report and ignore. But its not your places to tell me where they can and cannot post.

Totally untrue.

There is hysterical vilification of Costa, Mourinho and Terry because they bring all of it on themselves.

Rather than admit this, it's easier to say it's all anti-Chelsea. The poor victims etc etc.

No-one has any problem with any other Chelsea player. Even Terry once he had a good season last year without any controversy has been better thought of.

It's vilification of villains which is perfectly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm sorry Chelsea fans I can't relate to anyone who supports that club, it's ethos, dodgy owner, unpalatable players, hideous tactics, or manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'm sorry Chelsea fans I can't relate to anyone who supports that club, it's ethos, dodgy owner, unpalatable players, hideous tactics, or manager.

Oh no, someone with preconceived notions of me can not relate to me, what a bummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Good points here from Arseblog

http://arseblog.com/2015/09/chelsea-2-0-arsenal-costas-cheating-enabled-by-feeble-dean/

I get people are annoyed with Arsenal's form but this is different. Chelsea cheat. Ref awful. We lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Good article alright and thanks for posting.

I'm disappointed with arsenal for not managing things that are clearly within our control a bit better. Gabriel should have calmed the **** down, Wenger should have more strike power than Walcott and Giroud,me should have defended the zouma goal better etc (Zouma looks like a really good player).

But what really p1sses me off is the crap standard of refereeing. Dean is such a twat.

Chelsea fans will always be Chelsea fans...I.e.we can't expect them to admit what a total and utter scumbag Costa is. He's their scumbag, so it's ok that he cheats. I do think the FA should take some retrospective action to set down a marker that behaviour such as his (diving, then gesturing to the ref to issue a card, scratching an opponents face, slapping, arms swinging...etc etc) will not be tolerated.

Good article alright and thanks for posting.

I'm disappointed with arsenal for not managing things that are clearly within our control a bit better. Gabriel should have calmed the **** down, Wenger should have more strike power than Walcott and Giroud,me should have defended the zouma goal better etc (Zouma looks like a really good player).

But what really p1sses me off is the crap standard of refereeing. Dean is such a twat.

Chelsea fans will always be Chelsea fans...I.e.we can't expect them to admit what a total and utter scumbag Costa is. He's their scumbag, so it's ok that he cheats. I do think the FA should take some retrospective action to set down a marker that behaviour such as his (diving, then gesturing to the ref to issue a card, scratching an opponents face, slapping, arms swinging...etc etc) will not be tolerated.

I wouldn't really say you can do much about diving or gesturing for a card ... but as soon as you smack someone in the face, you're asking for a 3 game ban. Hopefully they extend it to four for previous or something and he keeps getting banned every time he does something like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Jaysus lads, still very raw in here! Look, we got absolutely done by Costa who the ref should have sent off before he had the chance to rile up Gabriel. Once Costa stays on the pitch though and he definitely shouldn't have, Gabriel only has himself to blame for his actions and he let us down against the one team we really need to beat in the league. He's still young, he'll learn, but he put us in bad position against a very good Chelsea side who simply had too much for us from then on.

Yeah, people are gonna be angry with Wenger but he's still te man for us in my opinion. Wish we'd made a couple more signings this season no more than anyone else but with all the activity there haven't been many dealings that you can honestly say would truly improve the 1st 11 had we brought them to Arsenal. There was definitely the potential to improve the squad though, pity we didn't.

Is Arteta-Santi really going to be our midfield for the next month so after Santi serves his ban? Fills me with more dread than seeing Giroud or Walcott up top.

• Advertisement

Is Arteta-Santi really going to be our midfield for the next month so after Santi serves his ban? Fills me with more dread than seeing Giroud or Walcott up top.

How do the bans work actually? Do they apply to the Cup matches or only league?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Id say Ramsey will be moved back to cm, do we know how bad Coq's injury is?

Cup as well I'm sure so only misses Wednesdays game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cup counts.

Id say Ramsey will be moved back to cm, do we know how bad Coq's injury is?

I was hoping he would dislodge Santi soon but I hope he isnt moved back centrally to pair with santi. Twitter was saying last night that a report in France said he will be out for a month (take that for what its worth though :pac: )

Wasnt Mourinho taking a massive risk leaving Costa on the field? Considering how close to the edge he plays at the best of times he's always close to a yellow. Considering the commentators reckoned that he took off Oscar because he was already on a yellow.
    Didnt make a huge difference afterwards but I thought it was very risky from Jose

Wasnt Mourinho taking a massive risk leaving Costa on the field? Considering how close to the edge he plays at the best of times he's always close to a yellow. Considering the commentators reckoned that he took off Oscar because he was already on a yellow.
    Didnt make a huge difference afterwards but I thought it was very risky from Jose

I think they showed footage of Costa flicking a leg back purposely when on a yellow (another thing missed by the the officials). At that point, Mourinho knew to take him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

L'prof wrote: »
    Yeah, people are gonna be angry with Wenger but he's still te man for us in my opinion. Wish we'd made a couple more signings this season no more than anyone else but with all the activity there haven't been many dealings that you can honestly say would truly improve the 1st 11 had we brought them to Arsenal. There was definitely the potential to improve the squad though, pity we didn't.

I don't agree at all, he could have made a top signing in the defensive midfield role that could have improved us. Even another Centre back and a striker that offered something different up front to Giroud, like Jackson Martinez.

I don't think he's the man for us anymore unless you are happy with 4th and a cup here and there, he's tactically outthought by many now and hasn't an answer for it. The Club needs new blood on the manager side of things to give the club a kick up the backside it needs.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I don't agree at all, he could have made a top signing in the defensive midfield role that could have improved us. Even another Centre back and a striker that offered something different up front to Giroud, like Jackson Martinez.

I don't think he's the man for us anymore unless you are happy with 4th and a cup here and there, he's tactically outthought by many now and hasn't an answer for it. The Club needs new blood on the manager side of things to give the club a kick up the backside it needs.

In the year before Euros, which top DMF will willingly come in and sit on the bench? We know full well that the Coq is one of the first on the team sheet, so which top DMF is clearly good enough to displace him, or risk having limited game time in the leadup to a major tournament?

Im as depressing as anyone else at the best of times talking about Wenger and what he should have done but for the time being we are what we are. Maybe in January we will buy but for now lets concentrate on what we have.
    Tottenham away on wednesday night, its only the capital cup, something im usually not bothered too much about but its important for morale that we approach this one right and get a result. Leicester away next Saturday is also going to be a really tricky tie, waiting on news of Coq, hopefully its not too serious. A few players out there need a swift kick up the hole too, time to grab the bull by the horns, take responsibility and take some pressure off a manager that they owe so much to.

Oh and Up the Kingdom!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement