Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Surely an upgrade on Cazorla for his role was knocking about though? We have one internally (Ramsey) but then that leaves us short on the right. Alexis could move out there but then we are short on the left. A few here argued for a winger over the summer and I couldnt see why then but now I can. Id add that to the shopping list next year along with backup DM and starting CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ches was having a fine start in Rome from what I can gather. Dislocated his finger midweek and is out for 6 weeks. Arsenal blood :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The excuses people make for Arsene amazes me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

From the Arseblog article:

"On the one hand, Gabriel fell for the wind-up hook, line and sinker. He should have let it be after the booking, and someone in that Arsenal team should have brought him away from the danger zone. If you look at the video again, Coquelin is coming over to do just that just as the flick happens."

I never thought I'd say this but Coquelin is emerging as a potential future captain imo. There doesn't seem to be anyone else in the team capable of taking charge of situations like yesterday and he seems to have the potential to be a real leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Would love us to have a top striker with an edge in his game again like Van Persie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Soups123 wrote: »
    The excuses people make for Arsene amazes me

Talking about midweek is excuses.

Talking about yesterday should start and stop with Costa and Dean.

gosplan wrote: »
    Talking about midweek is excuses.

Talking about yesterday should start and stop with Costa and Dean.

Nah. We had two players sent off yesterday.

We knew going in what Costa would be like, Wenger said we prepared for it, yet we still fell for it.

Blame Dean all you want we gave him decisions to make and showed our lack of physical and mental disapline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats a good point. It's not as if Costa is an unknown quantity, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We knew going in what Costa would be like, Wenger said we prepared for it, yet we still fell for it.

Blame Dean all you want we gave him decisions to make and showed our lack of physical and mental disapline

Costa's fault, Dean's fault, Gabriel's fault.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Costa's fault, Dean's fault, Gabriel's fault.

Gabriel's fault. The others are just excuses.

Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Absoulte Shiite post

Costa should have been sent off three times before the incident he shows his lack of physical and mental dicipline

If I don't recognise a poster I usually skip past there posts

I just skipped past pages of posts, what went on in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anybody else feel Cech was very weak for Zouma's goal? Yes its bad defending and a free header. But its not in the corner, and his weak hand just helped it into the net.

I feel many other keepers would have stopped it.

Absoulte Shiite post

Costa should have been sent off three times before the incident he shows his lack of physical and mental dicipline

Would you cop on. That's my opinion, it might differ from yours but it's far from ****e.

Costa is what he is we all know it, he does what he does slyly and you have to have the mental strength to get past it or react in a similar way out of eyesight.

Gabriel fell for it hook line and sinker

Cazorla got himself sent off too, that want Deans fault

Would you cop on. That's my opinion, it might differ from yours but it's far from ****e.

Costa is what he is we all know it, he does what he does slyly and you have to have the mental strength to get past it or react in a similar way out of eyesight.

Gabriel fell for it hook line and sinker

Cazorla got himself sent off too, that want Deans fault

Costa wasn't sneaky and sly he does what he done in front of the officials but they never took action

Cazorla wasn't deans fault but he committed two fouls all day And walked yet other players committed loads of fouls and it was grand

No matter what way you look at it Dean fcuked up that game and he was incredibly biased against Arsenal

• Advertisement

Costa wasn't sneaky and sly he does what he done in front of the officials but they never took action

Cazorla wasn't deans fault but he committed two fouls all day And walked yet other players committed loads of fouls and it was grand

No matter what way you look at it Dean fcuked up that game and he was incredibly biased against Arsenal

I think if Dean see's it fully he reacts different, all that aside though do you not think it was Gabriel's fault for what he did? Arsene said we planned for Costa he must be disgusted it wasn't carried out as planned.

I'm disappointed with yesterday but most annoying for me was our naivety

I think if Dean see's it fully he reacts different, all that aside though do you not think it was Gabriel's fault for what he did? Arsene said we planned for Costa he must be disgusted it wasn't carried out as planned.

I'm disappointed with yesterday but most annoying for me was our naivety

Gab was a bit foolish but when ya have someone acting the cûnt and the ref leaving it off you have to take action into your own hands

Costa done the exact same flick to the ox and Dean done nothing

Dean fcuked that game over

Gab was a bit foolish but when ya have someone acting the cûnt and the ref leaving it off you have to take action into your own hands

Costa done the exact same flick to the ox and Dean done nothing

Dean fcuked that game over

Gabriel wasn't s bit foolish he was 110% foolish pure stupidity. At this level you have to keep your **** together.

You can be guranteed every tom dick and Harry will test that now, Costa will too next game.

Dean was ****, Costa was Costa but we knew all that before a ball was kicked. You can be guaranteed Wenger is fcuked off with him after letting us down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gabriel's fault. The others are just excuses.

Onwards and upwards

Not really, Gabriel action was a reaction to what Costa did, and wouldn't have acted if the ref had. Not saying Gab isn't culpable but if this was a criminal trial Gabriel would receive the lightest sentence of the 3.

greendom wrote: »
    Not really, Gabriel action was a reaction to what Costa did, and wouldn't have acted if the ref had. Not saying Gab isn't culpable but if this was a criminal trial Gabriel would receive the lightest sentence of the 3.

Yeah, probably death sentence for Costa and Dean. Community service for Gabriel :p

• Advertisement

True, if Dean had treated both sides equally, then Costa (3 times) Fabregas and Oscars would all have walked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

With the scrapes left by Costa on Gabriel, Gabriel was well within his right to nut Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The book should be thrown at Costa and Mike Dean should have some action taken against him.

But the FA have no balls and will do absolutely do nothing.

I'm sure you've all signed the petition to stop Dean from reffing arsenal matches. Will be pretty funny to see how many sigs it gets.

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-association-the-fa-prevent-mike-dean-from-refereeing-another-arsenal-game?recruiter=13434782&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Kirby wrote: »
    Anybody else feel Cech was very weak for Zouma's goal? Yes its bad defending and a free header. But its not in the corner, and his weak hand just helped it into the net.

I feel many other keepers would have stopped it.

Yep I brought it up yesterday definitely feel he should have done better.

Regards the sending off again, I think Dean was annoyed with Gabriel when trying to issue him with the yellow, Gabriel wouldn't look at him, I get he doesn't understand much English but should have the common sense to look at the ref and take his yellow and move on. I think Dean called over Oscar and maybe Santi to translate but absolutely no need when we all know these refs have big egos and like to think they are the most important people on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Last few pages were a bit depressing, kinda annoyed I wasn't here to "talk" with the wonderful Chelsea fans but In fairness WTF are we all doing arguing with them and trying to blame them for our short comings? We lost yesterday not because of Mike Dean or Costa but because we were not prepared and one of our players lacked discipline,control and intelligence.

Costa Is what he Is, I don't like him and I don't condone his behaviour but everybody Is acting surprised? Kosc handled the situation well by not rising to him but Gab lost the plot, like someone In here said I was delighted to see him stand up for Kosc as that hard nosed loyal culture seems to be lost at this club but Gab crossed the line trying to be clever and we payed the price.

We will play them at home without Mike Dean and we will see how far we have come. The excuses that get thrown around In here every single time something goes wrong are painful and embarrassing, the blame goes everywhere but on the manager and on our precious players. I love this club and the majority of our players but I am not blind. Mike Dean did not see the first incident and I thought from his perspective the 2 sending off's made complete sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

See? There was clearly not a single top striker available all summer, hence Utd had to spend loads for a guy who... oh. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This is what happens when all of your rivals strengthen during the summer while Wenger just sits there counting the dosh.

See? There was clearly not a single top striker available all summer, hence Utd had to spend loads for a guy who... oh. :eek:

But but there was no top strikers available just look at United they had to pay stupid money for a teenager that.........oh

NAME ME THE PLAYERS WE COULD HAVE BOUGHT

• Advertisement

Muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Even now 7 games in, it's looking same old same old with this Arsenal side, it's rather sad. Utd look stronger this season, some smaller teams are proving harder to beat. Hopefully it picks up and not when we're out of the title race.

Anyway do you think Wenger should play a top side at Spurs this week. I think he should cause another defeat would certainly put him under some pressure.

Muppets

Yea posters who kept asking for lists all summer saying no one was available were muppets you're right I agree wholeheartedly.

Muppets

Care to be more specific?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Care to be more specific?

nah no point, none are available that can improve your first eleven. The ones that could either have Barca DNA or Madrid won't sell
    h4Gtf0N.jpg?1

So it looks likely that Costa will serve a 3 match ban
    Won't make up for yesterday but better than nothing. Hopefully refs will be onto him now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

greendom wrote: »
    So it looks likely that Costa will serve a 3 match ban
    Won't make up for yesterday but better than nothing. Hopefully refs will be onto him now as well.

Dean should be reprimanded aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Has the season started yet...
    Seems to be nothing but repeats of games, on the box, showing us making all the same mistakes we've been making for the last 4 to 5 years.

Cant wait for it to start and we see how the new players we bought gel in. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Mike dean is an utter gob****e.

I hope he never refs yes again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Lads what has happened to Sanchez?

Is it second season syndrome or tired from Copa?

Looks half the player from last year.

In saying what so do most of the team bar a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Lads what has happened to Sanchez?

Is it second season syndrome or tired from Copa?

Looks half the player from last year.

In saying what so do most of the team bar a few.

He'll pickup his form soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Sanchez badly needs a goal, had a great chance yesterday but snatched at it, his form is worrying though, losses possesion an awful lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All the whinging we have done for years about Mike Dean and yet the manager and club seem to have made no complaints to the F.A. About him. Can't figure this out at all.
    All the talk and complaining about Costa and I don't like his behaviour but he has more guts than all our strikers and midfielders put together.
    We are a sorry club as things stand. Wouldn't have happened under George Graham.

All the whinging we have done for years about Mike Dean and yet the manager and club seem to have made no complaints to the F.A. About him. Can't figure this out at all.
    All the talk and complaining about Costa and I don't like his behaviour but he has more guts than all our strikers and midfielders put together.
    We are a sorry club as things stand. Wouldn't have happened under George Graham.

I don't know we're the Costa has guts thing comes from or as some people like to make out as if he's a hard man of football.

He's none of the above he's the ultimate symbol of everything that is wrong with modern day football a play actor.

Terry as much as I dislike him has guts, Keown had guts, Vieira had guts. Costa not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

The FA don't take us seriously as a top team anymore is why! We need to get our steel back from the 90's/early 00's.

• Advertisement

I don't know we're the Costa has guts thing comes from or as some people like to make out as if he's a hard man of football.

He's none of the above he's the ultimate symbol of everything that is wrong with modern day football a play actor.

Terry as much as I dislike him has guts, Keown had guts, Vieira had guts. Costa not a chance.

He is a horrible person and a cheat but he's no shrinking violet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah he's no shrinking violet...until someone gives him a dose of his own medicine. Then he's a little girl crying for the ref.

Yeah he's no shrinking violet...until someone gives him a dose of his own medicine. Then he's a little girl crying for the ref.

But we didn't give him a dose of his own medicine.
    He should have been carried off if we were going to have a man sent off but that didn't happen.

Any man that play acts waves imaginary cards, falls over with a gust of wind is in no way deserving of being labelled a player with guts I've long held the belief that divers and play actors should be given bans to stamp it out if the game I want to watch good football and nothing else.

If anything Kos should be labelled the player with guts he didn't roll around like he'd been shot he stayed on his feet and when knocked down git back up and wanted to get on with the game that showed more character and guts than Costa ever will.

Any man that play acts waves imaginary cards, falls over with a gust of wind is in no way deserving of being labelled a player with guts I've long held the belief that divers and play actors should be given bans to stamp it out if the game I want to watch good football and nothing else.

If anything Kos should be labelled the player with guts he didn't roll around like he'd been shot he stayed on his feet and when knocked down git back up and wanted to get on with the game that showed more character and guts than Costa ever will.

Back in the 70's Peter Storey would have made minced meat out of him. We are too soft now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement