Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It really depends what Arsene wants from this cup.

If it has no priority sending out a full strenght team who know its 'more a friendly' will end in disaster.

Sending out a second string fighting for places may reap rewards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Don't think anybody needs a rest this early into the season, but I agree a couple need dropping.

Hopefully we don't see debuchy and gibbs at full back on Wednesday.

As In the likes of Coq and Mert that could be carrying knocks, could do with a rest If they are not 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

As In the likes of Coq and Mert that could be carrying knocks, could do with a rest If they are not 100%

Yeah I agree in that sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

United supporter here, but just a question for ye.

I see a lot are calling for retrospective action for Costa, but do you not think Paulista should not have been playing anyway? seen the Arsenal stoke game and he hit Marko Arnautovic with an elbow straight into the face? I was actually very surprised there was nothing done about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bangkok wrote: »
    United supporter here, but just a question for ye.

I see a lot are calling for retrospective action for Costa, but do you not think Paulista should not have been playing anyway? seen the Arsenal stoke game and he hit Marko Arnautovic with an elbow straight into the face? I was actually very surprised there was nothing done about it

I did think there may have been retrospective action taken

Adelaide out for 2 months. thought he might have played on Wednesday. This week just keeps getting better.

greendom wrote: »
    I did think there may have been retrospective action taken

yea I was very surprised but then again it wasn't on match of the day and sky sports didn't really report on it.

Have to say though, if that was a high profile player I think it would have been all over the papers and a 3 match ban would have been given

yea I was very surprised but then again it wasn't on match of the day and sky sports didn't really report on it.

Have to say though, if that was a high profile player I think it would have been all over the papers and a 3 match ban would have been given

I thought it was pretty much 50/50 just that Arnautovic made an awful lot more of it than Gabriel did. The Stoke player attacked first and then Gab retaliated. But knowing the FA I thought they would react. But maybe they just saw it like I did.

"Arsenal defender Gabriel Paulista could face a three match ban for his elbow on Stoke City’s Marko Arnautovic on Saturday. Refree Jonathan Moss missed the Brazilian’s elbow on Arnautovic, thus failing to book the Arsenal defender. And according to former Premier League referee Mark Halsey, Gabriel should be purnished retrospectively by the FA..."

nothing more seemed to happen though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Costa is pretty high profile - so I guess we'll see what happens. I agree Gabriel was lucky to escape with that elbow in the Stoke game. But how Costa stayed on the pitch Saturday is beyond me. He's just such a horrible player, I understand winding people up etc, but lashing out at someone and then falling to the ground and rolling around like a child when he gets touched at all is just pathetic.

And Chelsea fans that say "He's a winner and gets the team results etc", are completely blindsided.
    Drogba won countless games for Chelsea without any of that nonsense.

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Costa is pretty high profile - so I guess we'll see what happens. I agree Gabriel was lucky to escape with that elbow in the Stoke game. But how Costa stayed on the pitch Saturday is beyond me. He's just such a horrible player, I understand winding people up etc, but lashing out at someone and then falling to the ground and rolling around like a child when he gets touched at all is just pathetic.

And Chelsea fans that say "He's a winner and gets the team results etc", are completely blindsided.
    Drogba won countless games for Chelsea without any of that nonsense.

yea he is the player we all love to hate, but would all still like him in our team....(I think) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arsenal have the exact opposite in Giroud and Walcott who have to be up there as the softest strikers in the league, definitely Walcott anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Zouma, who opened the scoring in the second half, said: "No, we're not surprised because we know Diego. Everyone knows Diego and this guy likes to cheat a lot and put the opponent out of his game.

"That happened in the game but he's a really nice guy. We're proud to have him, like the other players, and we're happy to win this game today."

Not very sharp there Zouma.

Arsenal have the exact opposite in Giroud and Walcott who have to be up there as the softest strikers in the league, definitely Walcott anyways.

Would you rather have Costa in the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Absolutely. He's a prick, but he'd be our prick.

Everyday of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I wouldn't he is a despicable coward, but would like Walcott/Giroud to man-up a bit especially Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I would actually hate Costa in our team. I don't mind a hard player, but an out and out cheat. No thanks.

I wouldn't he is a despicable coward, but would like Walcott/Giroud to man-up a bit especially Walcott.

every team would love costa. Bergkamp was fond of a few elbows and stamps, he was yer club legend and ye won lots with him.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    I would actually hate Costa in our team. I don't mind a hard player, but an out and out cheat. No thanks.

He is better than what we have though and thats all that matters for me. If we had someone like Aguero, I wouldnt want him anywhere near this team but sadly we dont.

every team would love costa. Bergkamp was fond of a few elbows and stamps, he was yer club legend and ye won lots with him.

Wow :pac: - now thats a bit of a stretch to be fair!!!
    Bergkamp was fond of an elbow, but could also take an elbow too. And he didn't go out to intentionally get players sent of.
    Costa is quickly becoming more well known for his antics on the field rather than his actual skill or actual football contribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

No way I'd want him.

Has been pretty bad for a while now anyway.

Chelsea fans saying it jealousy on the other thread.

I remember feeling the same about Charlie Adam last season. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Im not fond of Walcott and Sanchez on at the same time, they gave the ball away too much(Being a may down didn't help either)

Id like to see Arteta and Ramsey at CM, Ox at RW and Giroud up top. Chambers will likely stay at CB. The team needs a shake up and hopefully the next game provides it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Our team could certainly do with a hardman, Costa is not a hardman though, he is a pathetic cheating manchild.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Giroud for someone of his size is a pussy!

Walcott rightly getting called out for being soft too but I can understand him not throwing himself into tackles as he's made out of cotton wool.

Outside of Gabriel, Coq and Flamini, I can't think of anyone else in this squad who would stand up for his teammate.

They're all keyboard warriors and are great at talking the talk on twitter and facebook but when they step out onto the grass and they need to step up the majority of them go hiding.

Wenger is way too loyal to his players at this stage and if he doesn't change his ways (and I can't see him changing btw) I'm afraid we'll never win the PL or CL under him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Costa charged with violent conduct.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks like Costa is being charged by the FA

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34319410

Pretty funny though. Costa charged, Gabriel charged....what's the bet they both get the same punishment? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Much rather the ref had taken the correct action at the correct time but better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If Costa was as technically gifted I'd take him. Maybe he's just out of form, but he hasn't be very good for a long time now.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pretty funny though. Costa charged, Gabriel charged....what's the bet they both get the same punishment? :rolleyes:
    Is it normal for Gabriel to get charged even after a red card? Found that odd myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Maybe they can ban Mike Dean too

Is it normal for Gabriel to get charged even after a red card? Found that odd myself.

Think he's been charged for not leaving the pitch as soon as he was dismissed

Roaster wrote: »
    Giroud for someone of his size is a pussy!

Walcott rightly getting called out for being soft too but I can understand him not throwing himself into tackles as he's made out of cotton wool.

Outside of Gabriel, Coq and Flamini, I can't think of anyone else in this squad who would stand up for his teammate.

They're all keyboard warriors and are great at talking the talk on twitter and facebook but when they step out onto the grass and they need to step up the majority of them go hiding.

Wenger is way too loyal to his players at this stage and if he doesn't change his ways (and I can't see him changing btw) I'm afraid we'll never win the PL or CL under him.

Giroud doesn't shirk from challenges. He uses his physicality a lot

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    Maybe they can ban Mike Dean too

Bringing the game into disrepute?

It's for how he acted after he got his card.

That's the problem with retrospective action, it will never be harsh enough. Instead of them being down to 10 men for a good chunk of the game, and a 3 match ban for Costa, we were down to 10 men, Gabriel will get a 3 match ban (can't see it being reduced), and possibly something on top of that.

Still better than nothing I guess, if Costa does get some kind of punishment.

greendom wrote: »
    Bringing the game into disrepute?
    Being Mike Dean.

Being Mike Dean.

Lifetime ban!

Oh Rooster, he's already won the BPL, 3 times

• Advertisement

Oh Rooster, he's already won the BPL, 3 times

I was going to say again but he's never won the CL. I'm quite aware he's won the BPL before efb.

Doesn't do enough for me for a man of his size.

L'prof wrote: »
    If Costa was as technically gifted I'd take him. Maybe he's just out of form, but he hasn't be very good for a long time now.
    Costa Is certainly no Bergkamp but he's only been poor this season, he had a good season last year much better than any of our strikers.
    Gas, Giroud jumps out of every 50/50 he's ever been in(hyperbole of course).

He even did the other day against Zagreb. Aerial duels he's fine In, but on the ground he never gets stuck In.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dean will be reffing West Ham v Norwich next weekend so looks like he's got away scot free :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Funny reading the Chelsea thread and the belief in some conspiracy against them.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Funny reading the Chelsea thread and the belief in some conspiracy against them.
    Was just going to say, it's hilarious :pac:

"But but this guy did this"

Two wrongs, right, etc.

Roaster wrote: »
    I was going to say again but he's never won the CL. I'm quite aware he's won the BPL before efb.

Your, statement as it read, was incorrect

Maybe if Giroud was as ugly as Costa he'd go flailing into challenges

But I've never seen him shirk from one

/awaits YouTube montage

Maybe if Giroud was as ugly as Costa he'd go flailing into challenges

But I've never seen him shirk from one

/awaits YouTube montage

Unbelievable, I'm not sure youtube do montages of strikers jumping out of tackles but just watch the Zagreb game again and you'll see him doing It.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

JustTheOne wrote: »

Sums them right up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement