Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone have any word on how Biliek is doing?
    Thought he'd be on the fringes by now.

I was hoping to see him and Adelaide tomorrow. Adelaide's out for 2 months which is a real shame. Be great if Bielik can step up to the plate. Could do with another competent DM around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Playing centre back for the under 21's and supposedly really struggling.

Thought he was a DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Going through that Swiss Ramblers Analysis...Firstly We don't have £ 228 Million to spend only half of it which is still big money though... but Secondly more importantly as couple of comments suggest it seems there's a covenant with clubs creditor that We should have a net profit every year. I guess that's why Club baulked at those prices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

greendom wrote: »

I love how they manage to squeeze that little line in at the end for no apparent reason :pac:

I love how they manage to squeeze that little line in at the end for no apparent reason :pac:

yes I spotted that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

The Gunners were the only side in the top five European leagues not to sign an outfield player this summer :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

5star02707 wrote: »
    The Gunners were the only side in the top five European leagues not to sign an outfield player this summer :pac::pac::pac:
    We did.

Quazzie wrote: »
    We did.

2 in fact

So Wenger has said he tracked Martial but decided not to move for him because of the strength we have.

He even name dropped Joel Campbell who he seems to have about as much faith in as he did with Vela.

Strange comments either that or he's sitting at home having a right giggle at trolling the Arsenal fans.
    He's just talking the piss now.
    I agree with this to a degree but had Martial turned out to be a flop (and who knows, he still might) then that would have been a huge amount of money to throw on a punt. Maybe United can afford that kind of gamble but I'm not sure we can.
    A player that age is like signing an English player, even if he's ****e you'll get most of the money back when selling him so the "risk" isn't near the transfer fee.

One thing getting to me is the massive increase in the wage bill. Ridiculous stuff. I don't see how paying more for the same thing is a sign of progress or improvement.

• Advertisement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_Arsenal_F.C._season#Transfers

I wouldn't count academy or reserves. Unless we're also gonna count the 12-year-olds in the academy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_Arsenal_F.C._season#Transfers

I wouldn't count academy or reserves. Unless we're also gonna count the 12-year-olds in the academy.

Adelaide would surely have appeared tomorrow were it not for the recent injury he picked up ?

Adelaide would surely have appeared tomorrow were it not for the recent injury he picked up ?

That's unintentionally the most Arsenal thing ever. :pac:

Just on the Swiss Ramble thing, the way the debt is currently financed seems like terrible value considering how quickly the debt could be paid back. One reason to keep the cash reserves for no benefit to the club could be to make any buy-out leveraging a lot easier.

Just on the Swiss Ramble thing, the way the debt is currently financed seems like terrible value considering how quickly the debt could be paid back. One reason to keep the cash reserves for no benefit to the club could be to make any buy-out leveraging a lot easier.

The timing of the recession didn't help Arsenal either i.e. They not getting as much as they expected from Highbury and the re-financing deal...I think they should look at the financing deal again with the New bumper TV Deal coming into play now.

The timing of the recession didn't help Arsenal either i.e. They not getting as much as they expected from Highbury and the re-financing deal...I think they should look at the financing deal again with the New bumper TV Deal coming into play now.

They only restructured about 2 or 3 years ago when things had picked up. Being London there was a blip in property prices but compared to the rest of the UK it was just that, a blip. The current deal seems to make very little sense at all, between the high interest along with the requirement to keep £35million or whatever in cash at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Would like to see iwobi get some game time tomorrow

That's unintentionally the most Arsenal thing ever. :pac:

yes I did think that as I was typing. I thought to myself "Button is sure to made a deal of this - and I wouldn't blame him either "

They only restructured about 2 or 3 years ago when things had picked up. Being London there was a blip in property prices but compared to the rest of the UK it was just that, a blip. The current deal seems to make very little sense at all, between the high interest along with the requirement to keep £35million or whatever in cash at all times.

Agree, They probably didn't expect the market to improve so much and obviously the bumper TV deal...but they should look at it again.

• Advertisement

yes I did think that as I was typing. I thought to myself "Button is sure to made a deal of this - and I wouldn't blame him either "
    Not making a big deal at all, just impossible to miss the hilarious irony.

Not making a big deal at all, just impossible to miss the hilarious irony.

sure :)

Gabriel's 3 match ban rescinded.... Amazing! Really didn't expect that.

Wonder about the other charge though....

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150922/fa-release-statement-on-gabriel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Shocked at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Basil3 wrote: »
    Gabriel's 3 match ban rescinded.... Amazing! Really didn't expect that.

Wonder about the other charge though....

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150922/fa-release-statement-on-gabriel

That's truly amazing considering what he did In the Stoke game as well, he has to count his lucky stars now and show that he has learned from his mistakes.

I love the aggression and passion he shows, but he needs to be more intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

That's truly amazing considering what he did In the Stoke game as well, he has to count his lucky stars now and show that he has learned from his mistakes.

I love the aggression and passion he shows, but he needs to be more intelligent.

He could still get nailed for the improper conduct charge! I can't imagine he will get away without some sort of a ban

• Advertisement

DeclanRe wrote: »
    He could still get nailed for the improper conduct charge! I can't imagine he will get away with some sort of a ban

Agree, I think he'll be nailed for that, but may be only 1 game and fine.

I think in stoke game both were at it, but Arnoutovic came worst and ref saw that, that's why it wasn't referred I guess.

AdamD wrote: »
    Shocked at that

shocked and delighted

shocked and delighted

your man across the bridge must be raging.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If he gets a 1 match ban can it be the league cup? (Not sure which happens first)

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    If he gets a 1 match ban can it be the league cup? (Not sure which happens first)

He has until Thursday to appeal I think, don't know how long the sentence takes after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Why would it be rescinded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

symbolic wrote: »
    Why would it be rescinded?

Improper charge? Technicality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Shocked at that card being rescinded. Regardless of what Costa did Gabriel still kicked out at him.
    Letting people away with that is stupid from the FA.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Shocked at that card being rescinded. Regardless of what Costa did Gabriel still kicked out at him.

we need to see a full statement from the FA - but people are surmising that the kick out wasn't enough to be considered violent. From what I saw of it it did look like the kind of hoof raise you'd see from a horse in dressage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

What Costa did to Koscielny was ten times worse than what Gabriel did to Costa.

The FA are trying to restore some balance to the poor officiating on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CPhXBDnUkAAviE4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Eva Carneiro has left Chelsea, the fans wont be happy with Jose

Edit - Looks like she is suing them also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lucas Hood wrote: »

He actually didn't kick him.
    There is a reverse angle from the goal line that shows he did nothing wrong. If you slow down the video Gabriel doesn't even make contact with Costa's leg (goes between his legs).

Video - http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/21/9362549/gabriel-diego-costa-kick-out-replays

Gabriel just lifts his leg while Costa is standing behind him. There was also reports that ESPN Brazil were contacted by Arsenal to get video footage of the kick.

If the FA are going to be consistent then they need to take Mike Dean off of Premier league duty, he completely ruined that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

he goes to kick in fairness, not just lifting his leg :pac:. i can't see his foot between costas legs either as his right leg blocks it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The only just thing to do now is to give the 3 game ban to Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mike Dean should get punished aswell to be fair banning players is pointless if the refs don't get punished aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Gabriel decision should stand tbh. It was a silly thing to do but he did it.

Costa should be banned for 3/4 games given previous.

Dean should be left alone though, refs make mistakes, you can't go holding them accountable for everything. If Costa is smart enough to do it behind his back, he might get away with it on the day. Dean just shouldn't be allowed ref us for a while.

gosplan wrote: »

Dean should be left alone though, refs make mistakes, you can't go holding them accountable for everything. If Costa is smart enough to do it behind his back, he might get away with it on the day. Dean just shouldn't be allowed ref us for a while.

Agree with your first points.
    Dean however makes 90 percent of his mistakes while refereeing Arsenal games and it's no coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A bad decision that changed the outcome of an important game isn't just a mistake, it's incompetence. Why should he not be punished for doing his job badly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

A bad decision that changed the outcome of an important game isn't just a mistake, it's incompetence. Why should he not be punished for doing his job badly?

Because unless you support the refs properly, they're going to make mistakes.

If we accept that they're going to make mistakes, then we can't start demoting them.

Unless there's some protocol about handling incidents he missed, you can't demote him for making a single wrong decision and not seeing stuff that was behind his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Completely agree with you here Gosplan. Already made my points Re: Mike Dean on page 496.

But to summarise, Mike Dean was watching the play on the wings as any trained referee would and should do.
    The incident happened way out of his sight. If anything, the assistant had a perfect view as he would have been watching the defenders to keep in line.

Can either of you point to an Arsenal game refereed by Dean in which Arsenal didn't come out worse than the opposition? I cannot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Because unless you support the refs properly, they're going to make mistakes.

If we accept that they're going to make mistakes, then we can't start demoting them.

Unless there's some protocol about handling incidents he missed, you can't demote him for making a single wrong decision and not seeing stuff that was behind his back.

This I agree with if Dean was looking right at what Costa did and missed it then I would say yes he needs a demotion or something but he can only go with what he sees and Gabriel reacted (regardless of how slight it is) and under the rules that is a red. I do not like the rule I think it should be changed to severity of the reaction. Blaming Dean is not going to cut it for the match before the red Chelsea while not great looked the more likely to get anything and your players should be not getting hot and bothered.

It was Costa ye knew he would throw a wobble that would get him sent off but ill discipline to just walk away was the reason for the red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Great news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement