Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gosplan wrote: »
    Because unless you support the refs properly, they're going to make mistakes.

If we accept that they're going to make mistakes, then we can't start demoting them.

Unless there's some protocol about handling incidents he missed, you can't demote him for making a single wrong decision and not seeing stuff that was behind his back.

It wasn't a single bad decision. He failed to send off a player, who is now being processed for his actions, and he did send off a player who shouldn't have been sent off. That's two bad decisions and also a two player swing in a game. You might pass it off as just bad decision, but it was what lost us the game, and it's not the first time he has lost us points due to his "mistakes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Costa out for 3 games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Can either of you point to an Arsenal game refereed by Dean in which Arsenal didn't come out worse than the opposition? I cannot.

Coventry City 16/9/2000 Won 2-1 No one sent off
    Newcastle United 09/12/200 Won 5-0 No one sent off
    Coventry City 03/02/2001 Won 1-0 No one sent off
    Newcastle United 09/11/2001 Won 1-0 No one sent off
    West Ham United 19/01/2002 Won 3-1 Lomas sent off (West Ham player.

and thats just the first 5 games

Of 57 games Won 22 Drew 18 Lost 17 (1 on penalties) In those game 11 players sent off 6 (including Gabriel) were sent off.

So to answer your question yes there are plenty games ye did get better than opposition with Dean as ref. Arsenal are starting to sound like Jose from last year its a vendetta its a vendetta.

Quazzie wrote: »
    It wasn't a single bad decision. He failed to send off a player, who is now being processed for his actions, and he did send off a player who shouldn't have been sent off. That's two bad decisions and also a two player swing in a game. You might pass it off as just bad decision, but it was what lost us the game, and it's not the first time he has lost us points due to his "mistakes"

Gabrial reacted to Costa Dean saw it like that and gave a red as per the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I assume you are all aware of the video which claims to show Mike Dean celebrating Spurs scoring against Arsenal. Whereas he is simply just jumping to get a better sight of the ball.

Now, shame on me for entering a debate on Youtube but this is what I got for saying Mike Dean, a professional referee, wasn't celebrating.

12021727_10208003640468748_1507796388_n.jpg?oh=add0275c86abeff7a68f566934c3feb7&oe=56034F66

• Advertisement

Of 57 games Won 22 Drew 18 Lost 17 (1 on penalties) In those game 11 players sent off 6 (including Gabriel) were sent off.

So to answer your question yes there are plenty games ye did get better than opposition with Dean as ref. Arsenal are starting to sound like Jose from last year its a vendetta its a vendetta.

There's a much more extensive breakdown of matches with Dean as ref, if you want to read back a few pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Man what i'd give to have Lewandowski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Of our last 19 games refereed by Dean we have won 2 .

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Man what i'd give to have Lewandowski

5 goals now? Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Basil3 wrote: »
    5 goals now? Crazy.

In 9 minutes :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Now, shame on me for entering a debate on Youtube but this is what I got for saying Mike Dean, a professional referee, wasn't celebrating.

you got off light enough tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Gabriel cleared. Costa banned. Dr Eva leaving and probably suing them.

Carlsberg don't do Tuesdays....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chelsea appealing. There's 2 words you don't see together often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

greendom wrote: »
    Chelsea appealing. There's 2 words you don't see together often!

I don't think the F A deal in whataboutery so they will need to come up with a different excuse.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Gabriel cleared. Costa banned. Dr Eva leaving and probably suing them.

Carlsberg don't do Tuesdays....

Just as I opened up the page and was looking at your comment I was just opening a can. Unfortunatly with Dr Eva leaving we will never see her grace the field again or a sideline makes me sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Talk about being impartial.

Of our last 19 games refereed by Dean we have won 2 .

Ya and it all down to Dean could not be ye played badly and deserved to lose any I am sure

Can either of you point to an Arsenal game refereed by Dean in which Arsenal didn't come out worse than the opposition? I cannot.
    Basil3 wrote: »
    There's a much more extensive breakdown of matches with Dean as ref, if you want to read back a few pages.

I have not read that as I was just home and I am not going to scrawl through pages off Arsenal fans feeling as if a vendetta against them. Tayto lover question which I have quoted above and highlighted I answered. Which was yes there are plenty of games where Dean has reffed that Arsenal did not come out worse. Here is the page i used. http://thearsenalhistory.com/?p=12064

Now I am not saying Dean is not a very bad referee and misses a lot as that would be an untruth however to blame Dean on everyone of those losses or defeats is laughable as is the piece in the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ya and it all down to Dean could not be ye played badly and deserved to lose any I am sure

Statistically speaking that run of results is massively out of the norm. 19 games is half a season so to say we would only win 2 games in half a season there has to be other factors involved,

He's about as unbiased as you are it seems.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Statistically speaking that run of results is massively out of the norm. 19 games is half a season so to say we would only win 2 games in half a season there has to be other factors involved,

Ya not Arsenal fault for any of the all Deans fault someone is out to get us. Why cant ye go 19 games Many teams have horrible records against other teams. These things happen. Dean is a bad ref I will not argue that just not in Arsenal games but neither can you say it is because of Dean ye lose or draw or hey win

How am I been biased tell me. How can Dean be the fault and not the team for the defeats or draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Some shocking losses in the results though. Birmingham in cup final, Bradford away, Blackburn at home. Man u, city and Chelsea also make up a good few of them

Record not that bad in recent matches under him

How am I been biased tell me. How can Dean be the fault and not the team for the defeats or draw?

Try watching some of the Arsenal games he referees. Not just last Sunday's.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I think if you look at last weekends Chelsea game, that might give a clue?

Not all Deans fault but it's not a black and white situation...over the course of those 19 games...plenty of **** decisions and most of them going against Arsenal.

I see krone has taken another 3 million out of the club for expenses.

I think if you look at last weekends Chelsea game, that might give a clue?

Not all Deans fault but it's not a black and white situation...over the course of those 19 games...plenty of **** decisions and most of them going against Arsenal.

Last weeks game yes ye were unlucky with Gabriel and Costa not been sent off however as has been discussed here even by Arsenal fans Dean did not see what Costa did actually if he did it would have been in the report and a retrospective ban would not have happened so you can not blame him for not sending Costa off for what he did not see yes we saw it has there are many cameras and replays. Gabriel a bit unlucky or been sent off however the rules (and I do not like it, and should be changed) he has to be sent off for a reaction. You also played quiet bad before and after the sending off.

. Now Dean has given many bad fouls against ye and did not see many but how does that stop Arsenal from scoring and wining a game unless he blows up for all yer attacts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The truth is many Chelsea fans would much prefer a Costa to an Ageuro because it suits their narrative so well. They need to be hated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I see krone has taken another 3 million out of the club for expenses.

He owns the club (or most of it anyway), that's how business works.

• Advertisement

Trying to compare Aguero to Costa? Okay :pac:

Trying to compare Aguero to Costa? Okay :pac:
    The truth is many Chelsea fans would much prefer a Costa to an Ageuro because it suits their narrative so well. They need to be hated.

Thought it was relative :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Leicester just gone 2-1 up against West Ham (116th minute)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I will post this in both the United and Arsenal threads as it is interesting.
    On off the ball, they were talking about Arsenal, and they said in the year of the invincibles, Arsenal were just days away from having no money to pay the players. They were building their new stadium and had to stop the building to save some money, to cut a long story short, they eventually got a loan approved.
    At the same time, Arsenal were looking at Ronaldo, but Arsenal at that stage couldn't afford the fee, and we know how that ended up.
    So fast forward to 2015, Arsenal have £193 million in cash in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

Gabriel was a little bit reckless but god it was brilliant seeing him stand up to that twat costa. I cant remember the last time I seen an arsenal player back up a team mate or show aggression like that. it was great!

sonic85 wrote: »
    Gabriel was a little bit reckless but god it was brilliant seeing him stand up to that twat costa. I cant remember the last time I seen an arsenal player back up a team mate or show aggression like that. it was great!

Not like this then :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

He's a gunner!

I love our CB's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

He's not hated though.

Most people would say that's because Ageuro conducts himself differently to Costa.

The Chelsea boards.ie line seems to be 'everyone does it, people just pick on us' ... as evidenced by the youtube videos that keep getting posted of Naismith, Ageuro, Sanchez etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

RobertKK wrote: »
    I will post this in both the United and Arsenal threads as it is interesting.
    On off the ball, they were talking about Arsenal, and they said in the year of the invincibles, Arsenal were just days away from having no money to pay the players. They were building their new stadium and had to stop the building to save some money, to cut a long story short, they eventually got a loan approved.
    At the same time, Arsenal were looking at Ronaldo, but Arsenal at that stage couldn't afford the fee, and we know how that ended up.
    So fast forward to 2015, Arsenal have £193 million in cash in the bank.

I don't know where I heard this, but the story I heard was that Arsenal and a couple of other clubs had bids of £6million accepted for Cristiano Ronaldo and then Man Utd came in with a £12million bid and got the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

costa does that at least 3 times a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't know where I heard this, but the story I heard was that Arsenal and a couple of other clubs had bids of £6million accepted for Cristiano Ronaldo and then Man Utd came in with a £12million bid and got the player.

I thought Ferguson convinced him to sign for United. Could have been money either, not like that hasn't happened before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

costa does that at least 3 times a month

No he doesn't.

Most of the stuff Costa does is pretty harmless, just riling up the opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Imagine if Giroud or one of our own did this :)

https://twitter.com/Betfair/status/646630440669982720

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If we go with a centre back pairing of Mert and Chambers, a central midfield pairing of Arteta and Flamini and stick Giroud up top, that must be the slowest spine of a team we have ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If we go with a centre back pairing of Mert and Chambers, a central midfield pairing of Arteta and Flamini and stick Giroud up top, that must be the slowest spine of a team we have ever had.
    Throw Rosicky in at number 10 to complete it :pac:

Hopefully the limbs will be quick !

Really don't want to see a pairing of Mert and Chambers. We need one CB with some pace.

Really don't want to see a pairing of Mert and Chambers. We need one CB with some pace.

especially with no Coquelin to protect

If Gibbs is selected tonight it will be interesting to see how he responds. I think Webgers comments regarding our defenders poor jumping was aimed at him. It was more a cowardly duck than an attempt to jump for the ball on Zagreb's second goal.
    Hope someone gave Gibbs a wake-up call for it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement