Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If Gibbs is selected tonight it will be interesting to see how he responds. I think Webgers comments regarding our defenders poor jumping was aimed at him. It was more a cowardly duck than an attempt to jump for the ball on Zagreb's second goal.
    Hope someone gave Gibbs a wake-up call for it.

I would expect Debuchy, Gibbs and Arteta to perform better than they did last week, should they get the chance again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    I would expect Debuchy, Gibbs and Arteta to perform better than they did last week, should they get the chance again this week.

Really? I would be nervous to see all 3 in away to spurs after last week. I think the injuries have taken there toll on Arteta, Debuchy has struggled after his double injury and hasnt got going since.

Gibbs is just Gibbs, lacking severly in confidence

Soups123 wrote: »
    Really? I would be nervous to see all 3 in away to spurs after last week. I think the injuries have taken there toll on Arteta, Debuchy has struggled after his double injury and hasnt got going since.

Arteta, even when at the top of his game always seemed slow when returning from injury so I'm hoping for an improvement on last week, Gibbs and Debuchy are both better players than they showed last week - so yeah really.

Time will tell - 4 hours in fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well they certainly can't perform any worse that's for sure. So the only way is up :D

Well they certainly can't perform any worse that's for sure. So the only way is up :D

How any Arsenal fan can say this is beyond me without breaking there balls laughing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I try not to be negative about our lads, but I have to agree with this.

How any Arsenal fan can say this is beyond me without breaking there balls laughing :D

I couldn't be a fan for very long if I felt that negatively. Yes the team sometimes let us down but I'm generally optimistic come game time again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

This I agree with if Dean was looking right at what Costa did and missed it then I would say yes he needs a demotion or something but he can only go with what he sees and Gabriel reacted (regardless of how slight it is) and under the rules that is a red. I do not like the rule I think it should be changed to severity of the reaction. Blaming Dean is not going to cut it for the match before the red Chelsea while not great looked the more likely to get anything and your players should be not getting hot and bothered.

It was Costa ye knew he would throw a wobble that would get him sent off but ill discipline to just walk away was the reason for the red

Can you quote the rule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think he meant the Zagreb game. Now that WAS bas.

• Advertisement

I couldn't be a fan for very long if I felt that negatively. Yes the team sometimes let us down but I'm generally optimistic come game time again.

its the Dory disease you have there, just keep swimming, just keep swimming

its the Dory disease you have there, just keep swimming, just keep swimming

I can be negative during games when players are performing poorly, and then once the game has finished as well, but come game time again I prefer to see the positives.

Never heard of Dory disease before but if that matches the symptoms then yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Godge wrote: »
    Can you quote the rule?

Hand up can't find the rule thought it was there my bad. If the replays which Deans do not have may I add prove Gabriel innocent then I am glad it has been rescinded. I still stand by Arsenal playing the victim in games Dean referees as the reason ye loose or draw are a bit whiney unless of course he directly stopped a ball from going in the oppositions nets or scores against you and stopped your defenders goalkeeper from stopping it. Is he crap yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hand up can't find the rule thought it was there my bad.

Its not your fault thought. Pundits constantly coming out with shite like "the rules say you cant raise your hands..." Eh, no they dont Jamie/Alan/Robbie. Best go check the rules and do what you're paid for.

I can be negative during games when players are performing poorly, and then once the game has finished as well, but come game time again I prefer to see the positives.

Never heard of Dory disease before but if that matches the symptoms then yes!

Yep that's it. Finding Nemo, come on you have to no Dory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Good old Tottenham, always good for a laugh

https://twitter.com/spurredontv/status/646645905110634496

• Advertisement

Yep that's it. Finding Nemo, come on you have to no Dory

OF course - and that worked didn't it ? Pretty successful strategy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Oh my god I can't watch that video.
    Total cringe fest.

Yer one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ospina; Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Gibbs; Arteta, Flamini; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Campbell; Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP7F3Rlibd8Sqe5jORrIni1AjlpwkjQdKZiZ-igzBOAVYsXyyT

Our spine tonight.

No pace in that team at all.

• Advertisement

Not confident at all with that team but hope I'm wrong. Total back up team with the exception of Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That Spurs chick would have more than a cock on just her chest if....

well I think you know the rest goes.

Not positive about tonight, but to be honest I don't care. I used to like the League Cup back when we used to play our young players, but we're playing too much of our first team tonight to think like that. My own personal belief is that it should be a U21 team tournament of a full strength tournament. Playing a weakened first team like tonight will help no one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Quazzie wrote: »

Not positive about tonight, but to be honest I don't care. I used to like the League Cup back when we used to play our young players, but we're playing too much of our first team tonight to think like that. My own personal belief is that it should be a U21 team tournament of a full strength tournament. Playing a weakened first team like tonight will help no one.

3 first team players is too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

How will it not help anyone??:confused: It will help everyone of our second choice players. Just like last week would have brought on Debuchy, Gibbs and Arteta. Players like that need these games. It's vital for them and in turn competition within the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    3 first team players is too much?
    With the exception of Flamini, Arteta, and Campbell they are all first team players who play regularly and some even start regularly.
    How will it not help anyone??:confused: It will help everyone of our second choice players. Just like last week would have brought on Debuchy, Gibbs and Arteta. Players like that need these games. It's vital for them and in turn competition within the squad.

If they get beaten bad by Spurs, which is highly possible with this team, it will do more bad than good. I just don't see the point of this team.

With the exception of Flamini, Arteta, and Campbell they are all first team players who play regularly and some even start regularly.

If they get beaten bad by Spurs, which is highly possible with this team, it will do more bad than good. I just don't see the point of this team.

There's only 3 regular starters in the team though, the rest haven't been regular starters for a while now. This is their chance to get a run out. Nothing wrong with that.

There's only 3 regular starters in the team though, the rest haven't been regular starters for a while now. This is their chance to get a run out. Nothing wrong with that.

Its a must win game though against a big rival. If we were at home to some lower league team, I wouldnt mind it.

No pace in that team at all.

I'm more worried about the lack of creativity

Really poor static looking team, was gonna get beers will probably just have tea now

No match thread? Or are the spurs fans lurking in their special forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Really poor static looking team, was gonna get beers will probably just have tea now

I'd go with the beers, you may need them!

Very poor game so far. We are still lacking sharpness.

Zzz...

I'm off to the gym I cant watch this rubbish (again)

Zzz...

I'm off to the gym I cant watch this rubbish (again)

Were only 17 minutes in

Were only 17 minutes in

I've seen this game already. It finishes 0-0.

What a Shyte free kick.

Hopefully Giroud keeps targeting Fazio. He is useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

No match thread? Or are the spurs fans lurking in their special forum?

Need someone else to start one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Our new striker!

• Advertisement

More like it. How did Flam get there?

get in! most unlikely goal scorer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Yay! Doubt many backed Flamini as first goal scorer.

I hope Flamini is gonna teach Walcott and Sanchez how to do that.

Good oul Flamini!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97130732#post97130732

Match Thread lets see if the Spurs come out to play and what was flamster doing up there !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Great battling Campbell.

Well in Campbell. Nice play.

Campbell showing a lot of energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Danny Rose is getting an absolute ton of space. Where is the midfield cover?

Debuchy is absolutely not at the races

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement