Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Shut the fcuk up Donie

Yikes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Shouldnt that be in the Liverpool thread?

I was asked for C5 tune in.

EUROPA league on BT Sports now - Joke fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

efb wrote: »
    Channel 5 10.964 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

how to

Super thanks EFB, all sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I was asked for C5 tune in.

EUROPA league on BT Sports now - Joke fail.

Damn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Capital One- whats in your wallet?

ironkiwi wrote: »

The club could be in trouble...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No need for that kind of thuggery at all.
    Just letting down our club.

See the way that the first goal was a rebound from a shot from outside the box?

We should try that a bit more.

• Advertisement

Good old Harry Kane.

He's a lot more like one of their own this season.

He’s French he’s free, he’ll breaking your fcuking knee, it’s Flamini, it’s Flamini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yikes!

Just a movie reference, nothing personal

Just a movie reference, nothing personal

Heh, took me a minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yikes!

You're out of your element donie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

When I find myself in times of trouble
    Arsene Wenger comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom
    Flamini Flamini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

According to some Arsenal fans, the Spurs fans make a mess of the Emirates every time they go there so if that's the case, then I couldn't care less about a few signs being pulled down.

So Costa's ban includes missing a match against f*ckin Walsall.

That certainly feels like compensation to Arsenal after being rode by Mike Dean on Sat.

According to some Arsenal fans, the Spurs fans make a mess of the Emirates every time they go there so if that's the case, then I couldn't care less about a few signs being pulled down.

Disagree. Spanners.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He’s French he’s free, he’ll breaking your fcuking knee, it’s Flamini, it’s Flamini.

Oi!
    He's French, he's free, he'll break your fking knee, Flamini Flamini :pac:

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Been to 2 NLD's, one at Highbury and the one when Theo wound them up recently I didn't see anything worse than the bit of coin throwing at the second game.

Security was intense at both though so you'd have to ask why it wasn't today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I am in manlove with Matthew flame

Very quiet in here, especially given we just won a north London derby!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Very quiet in here, especially given we just won a north London derby!

If we lost the place would be buzzing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭ronjo

So Wenger made 10 changes for yesterday.

How many starters from last night will start on Saturday? Just Ramsey?

ETA Sanchez desperately needs a goal. He would have buried that chance last season.

ronjo wrote: »
    ETA Sanchez desperately needs a goal. He would have buried that chance last season.

It's a pretty weird season, none of the top strikers from last season really doing anything. Costa, Kane, Aguero, Sanchez all struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No matter how bad the team are performing it is nice to know it's normal service against Spurs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ronjo wrote: »
    So Wenger made 10 changes for yesterday.

How many starters from last night will start on Saturday? Just Ramsey?

If Coquelin hasn't fully recovered from his knee problem would Flamini or Arteta start? Based on yesterday you'd have to say Flamini.

greendom wrote: »
    If Coquelin hasn't fully recovered from his knee problem would Flamini or Arteta start? Based on yesterday you'd have to say Flamini.

Regardless off his 2 goals I thought Flamini looked quite good yesterday. Made some silly challenges but that's to be expected from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

It's gas the way people view the game differently. There's people saying Debuchy was **** and other saying he got better. Giroud was good, Ramsey was very good in his preferred position, Ramsey was crap, etc...

For what it's worth.

Ospina - very very reliable No. 2. Did he call to leave the ball for the OG? Apart from that sound.
    Debuchy - I thought he was terrible. I can remember he making one good tackle near the end but constantly off the pace (due to lack of games) but the amount of times he got caught out of position was shocking.
    Chambers - Thought he played really well and was unfortunate for the OG.
    Mert - Just when I keep writing him off he gives a performance like that. I thought he was awesome. Seems to bring a sense of calmness and it was great to see him encouraging players.
    Gibbs - Thought he played quite well and the clearance off the line :)
    Ox - Showed glimpses of magic last night and like Wenger says he should believe in himself al lot more. Great to see someone shoot to. Get it on target and who knows what might happen, eh Flamster?
    Rambo - Thought he was average to be honest. Played one peach of a ball in the second half though.
    Flamini - well what can you say, he might be older and slower but at least he gets into the box. Two great finishes. The first one equally as impressive as it was on his left. Remember the opener Theo missed a couple of games back from 2 yards?
    Arteta - Thought he played ok actually. Nothing fancy but did his job.
    Campbell - I thought he played really well and his work rate was second to none. Some great movement back inside but unfortunately a lot of the time he had no runners to play the ball to. Unlucky to be subbed considering the two other lads were on yellows but I could understand AW wanting to keep it tight.
    Giroud - I really rate Giroud, not world class but definitely the next level. Bought a few free kicks tonight but bar that, meh.
    Sanchez - Gave us that bit of extra impetuous when he came on.
    Theo - Should have really done better with his chance but did well to make the chance.

Overall good performance considering the team and nothing feels better than beating that lot.

NORTH LONDON IS RED!!!!

• Advertisement

Regardless off his 2 goals I thought Flamini looked quite good yesterday. Made some silly challenges but that's to be expected from him.

That ridiculous jump on Rose for the booking when Campbell was off the field made me laugh.

I imagine he did it as he wanted to stop play with us down to 10.

He certainly acheieved that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Roaster wrote: »
    It's gas the way people view the game differently. There's people saying Debuchy was **** and other saying he got better. Giroud was good, Ramsey was very good in his preferred position, Ramsey was crap, etc...

For what it's worth.

Ospina - very very reliable No. 2. Did he call to leave the ball for the OG? Apart from that sound.
    Debuchy - I thought he was terrible. I can remember he making one good tackle near the end but constantly off the pace (due to lack of games) but the amount of times he got caught out of position was shocking.
    Chambers - Thought he played really well and was unfortunate for the OG.
    Mert - Just when I keep writing him off he gives a performance like that. I thought he was awesome. Seems to bring a sense of calmness and it was great to see him encouraging players.
    Gibbs - Thought he played quite well and the clearance off the line :)
    Ox - Showed glimpses of magic last night and like Wenger says he should believe in himself al lot more. Great to see someone shoot to. Get it on target and who knows what might happen, eh Flamster?
    Rambo - Thought he was average to be honest. Played one peach of a ball in the second half though.
    Flamini - well what can you say, he might be older and slower but at least he gets into the box. Two great finishes. The first one equally as impressive as it was on his left. Remember the opener Theo missed a couple of games back from 2 yards?
    Arteta - Thought he played ok actually. Nothing fancy but did his job.
    Campbell - I thought he played really well and his work rate was second to none. Some great movement back inside but unfortunately a lot of the time he had no runners to play the ball to. Unlucky to be subbed considering the two other lads were on yellows but I could understand AW wanting to keep it tight.
    Giroud - I really rate Giroud, not world class but definitely the next level. Bought a few free kicks tonight but bar that, meh.
    Sanchez - Gave us that bit of extra impetuous when he came on.
    Theo - Should have really done better with his chance but did well to make the chance.

Overall good performance considering the team and nothing feels better than beating that lot.

NORTH LONDON IS RED!!!!

I thought Campbell was very poor and offered debuchy no protection

Mad how people watch the same game and have different opinions, that's why I love coming on here chatting about the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I thought Campbell was very poor and offered debuchy no protection

Mad how people watch the same game and have different opinions, that's why I love coming on here chatting about the game
    Yeah same here for all the people saying his work rate was so great how did Rose have so much time . That was Campbells man.

At this stage I think its clear Campbell wont make it. Hes a few steps behind where even Vela got to. I had high hopes for him but at this stage I think I would sell him on and be happy to see his minutes go to Iwobi and Reine adelaide

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

A lot of people complaining about Debuchy on twitter etc, saying he's now our worst player - Flamini going up in every ones books after his performance last night.
    I personally think Debuchy is a great player, and is going through a tough spell. But Monreal went through a very similar patch and look where he is now.

To be fair to Debuchy, he hasn't had a decent run of games since he was at Newcastle. When he started the first few games for us last season, he looked great so I wouldn't give up on him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I thought in the first half an hour Campbell was a brightest player. Maybe it's because I don't rate him too highly and was just surprised to see him doing a few things well. In the second half he faded a bit but was still unlucky to be subbed I felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Flamini-Coquelin partnership anyone? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I thought in the first half an hour Campbell was a brightest player. Maybe it's because I don't rate him too highly and was just surprised to see him doing a few things well. In the second half he faded a bit but was still unlucky to be subbed I felt.

I don't know. I thought Campbell and Ox gave the ball away a lot on the first half. Some nice bits of skill but no end product and neither of them would have convinced me they should be part of our first team based on last nights performance.

Saying that, I realise they do probably just need more game time and if we weren't playing Arteta and Flamini they might have benefited more (from better distribution and more creativity), but at the moment I think they should mainly just be used as subs or for cup games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

What are they saying?

byrneg28 wrote: »
    What are they saying?

"North London is ours, fcuk off back to Woolwich, north London is ours." They could really do with a few new songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

You have to forgive them though. Apart from the games against us, they've nothing to look forward to each season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Watched alot of Campbell in La Liga last year , I still rate him as Arsenal material. He played very well for Villareal. Actually in my opinion was man of the match when Villareal beat Real Madrid (the start of RM slide) , he kept Marcello quite and offered some danger going forward.

Last night I thought he did some good tracking and was available quite often for a pass but the option wasnt taken

but all things considerd coming off some piss poor performances, going to WHL mid week for League cup match with alot of changes I thought THAT team showed some spirit and desire and pride to wear the jersey.

As for wether Campbell is good enough for Arsenal.. sometimes its not about that. Dinamo Zagreb had 14 players who you could argue arent good enough to play for Arsenal , but they still beat the pants off us. Sometimes its not about being good enough on paper, its about actually turning up for 90 minutes, doing your job consistently and playing in a system and delivering something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I thought Debuchy was pretty ok last night, maybe cought out of position a few times, but he competes well and it's tough without a few games under the belt. Nice take out of Rose, although it was in a dangerous position.

Thought Giroud was pretty poor, for a big man he wins very few headers. Towards the end he didn't win any, maybe his tongue was hanging out by then and I'm being unfair. Don't like his technique when shooting from the left side of the goal, just looks so awkward.

Impressed with Ospinas kicking, gives it a good belt off both feet and looks assured. Still Cech is rightly No. 1.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I thought Debuchy was pretty ok last night, maybe cought out of position a few times, but he competes well and it's tough without a few games under the belt. Nice take out of Rose, although it was in a dangerous position.

Thought Giroud was pretty poor, for a big man he wins very few headers. Towards the end he didn't win any, maybe his tongue was hanging out by then and I'm being unfair. Don't like his technique when shooting from the left side of the goal, just looks so awkward.

Impressed with Ospinas kicking, gives it a good belt off both feet and looks assured. Still Cech is rightly No. 1.

Ospina's catching was pretty good, there was one moment when he dropped a pretty simple catch but he took all the difficult ones with ease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

MaxPower89 wrote: »

Think the headers thing is just part of his bad form at the moment. Last year he was winning nearly every kick out. I think part of the problem last night was that no one was looking to run off him and I thought he just looked very isolated in general.

What do we do when Chesney comes back from his loan spell? Him and opsina are 2 high quality keepers and both will need playing time.

What do we do when Chesney comes back from his loan spell? Him and opsina are 2 high quality keepers and both will need playing time.

One will have to be sold I imagine

greendom wrote: »
    One will have to be sold I imagine

Will more than likely be Ospina I reckon, if that's what it comes to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Will more than likely be Ospina I reckon, if that's what it comes to

Ospina for me Is better than Szcz, If i had to choose I'd sell Szcz In a heartbeat. I've never liked him and honestly don't think I ever will, he's just one of those players where It's potential potential potential, but honestly I haven't seen him fulfill any of that so called potential. Prob Just me tho I know most people like him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement