Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ospina for me Is better than Szcz, If i had to choose I'd sell Szcz In a heartbeat. I've never liked him and honestly don't think I ever will, he's just one of those players where It's potential potential potential, but honestly I haven't seen him fulfill any of that so called potential. Prob Just me tho I know most people like him.

Yeah I'd prefer Ospina as well tbh, I think Wengers loyalty has blinded him a little bit when it comes to Chesney's ability. Although he's still young as far as keepers go, so maybe he could do with another season out on loan depending on how he gets on with Roma for the rest of the season. In saying that he's been very good in every Roma match I've watched this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Totally off topic but the quality of picture in that video is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

callaway92 wrote: »
    Totally off topic but the quality of picture in that video is unreal.

What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

Just been blocked by mickey hazard on Twitter. Times are good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

We should be putting a few past Leicester this weekend. Despite their excellent start, they're very shaky defensivelyt. Has the makings of a very good game. On a side note, Im off to the Whitecaps v NYC game on saturday, it'll be great to heckle Lampard in the flesh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Flamini-Coquelin partnership anyone? :D

Game of Cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We just have to shackle Mahrez and we'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Speaking of our goalkeepers situation next season when Woj comes back. He is now starting for Roma who will be competing for the Serie A title and looking to go far in the champions league. There is no way that he is going to come back and be number 2 behind Cech, when he knows that he can be starting at such a high level. When he comes back, he either has to start (which ain't happening), be sold or put out on loan again.

I'd be surprised if Ospina will be willing to be back up next season too as he clearly is a talented keeper. So next season, I see Cech as number 1 with Martinez being the second choice. Woj and Ospina imo will be sold or out on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

no Coquelin for tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

TEAM NEWS: "Coquelin is improving well. We are still waiting for the outcome of @gpaulista5's case"

Wenger: "Flamini has shown what a character he is. He has used his frustration in a positive way."

Wenger on rotation: "It shows we have a strong squad. I have great confidence in these players."

Boss on Alexis: "It takes time to settle and come back to your best. I'm not worried about @Alexis_Sanchez and I'm confident he will score."

Boss on @gpaulista5 : "He was sorry about what had happened. He is a fighter. In training he was completely focused."

Boss: "We showed how to fight on Wednesday night. The game was about commitment and mental resources which we showed."

Wenger on @MatDebuchy: "He is coming back to best. He is mentally very strong and committed to compete with @HectorBellerin."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

We should be putting a few past Leicester this weekend. Despite their excellent start, they're very shaky defensivelyt. Has the makings of a very good game. On a side note, Im off to the Whitecaps v NYC game on saturday, it'll be great to heckle Lampard in the flesh :pac:

You know the way Arsenal start loads of these games with about 15 really good chances in the first 10 minutes?

I'm always thinking that, one of these days, there'll come a match where it's 8-0 at half time.

I've a feeling tomorrow will be that day.

Prediction: 17-0 (Flamini to grab a double hat-trick).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

greendom wrote: »
    no Coquelin for tomorrow

Not surprising really, hope he hasn't caught a dose of Arsenalitis. I'd like to see Flam/Ramsey in the middle with Ox on the right as Leicester are there to be had a go at but need to be marshalled at the other end.

Or else, there'll be loads of chances in the first 20 minutes, Arsenal won't score and it will get a little edgy from 20-35 minutes, then squeeze a goal by half-time, Leicester to come back into it for most of the second half, before Arsenal score another in the last 15 minutes. Or concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

Sacksian wrote: »
    Or else, there'll be loads of chances in the first 20 minutes, Arsenal won't score and it will get a little edgy from 20-35 minutes, then squeeze a goal by half-time, Leicester to come back into it for most of the second half, before Arsenal score another in the last 15 minutes. Or concede.

Or more likely Arsenal to have all these chances and Leicester to score from their first attempt with a free kick lumped into the box that noone on the Arsenal side challenges for......... Hope I am wrong of course.

ronjo wrote: »
    Or more likely Arsenal to have all these chances and Leicester to score from their first attempt with a free kick lumped into the box that noone on the Arsenal side challenges for......... Hope I am wrong of course.

That's pretty much what happened last year for their goal as I remember. It may have been a cross when Koscielny was briefly off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Given how poor Leicester are at the back and how most of our players need goals for confidence I would like to see a front three of Alexis Giroud and Walcott starting tomorrow.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Given how poor Leicester are at the back and how most of our players need goals for confidence I would like to see a front three of Alexis Giroud and Walcott starting tomorrow.

I'd love to see:

Walcott
    Alexis
    Chamberlain-
    Ozil

Flamini
    Ramsey----

How long was Santi's ban for? Just the Spurs game or has he another 2 to go ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was it not two yellows rather than a straight red?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It was two yellows so he should be back tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Flamini-Ramsey doesn't inspire me with confidence for ball-retention. On the other hand, Ramsey would help Flamini a lot more defensively than Cazorla would. Decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Flamini-Ramsey doesn't inspire me with confidence for ball-retention. On the other hand, Ramsey would help Flamini a lot more defensively than Cazorla would. Decisions...

Flamini brings goals!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Roaster wrote: »
    Flamini brings goals!!!!

He's on the last year of his contract again isn't he ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

No debate. Ramsey/arteta

GAB comes back in if he don't get a ban
    Hope he goes Sanchez giroud Walcott for this one

No debate. Ramsey/arteta

GAB comes back in if he don't get a ban
    Hope he goes Sanchez giroud Walcott for this one

Why Is their no debate? Arteta has been fairly poor where as Flamini had a cracker even without his goals.

• Advertisement

Why Is their no debate? Arteta has been fairly poor where as Flamini had a cracker even without his goals.

Can't agree with that I thought his goals overlooked another poor performance a load of running around pointing but again not been in the right places

Still love him for 2 goals he got though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Id go with with Ramsey/Arteta too. They have played and worked well together in the past.

Can't agree with that I thought his goals overlooked another poor performance a load of running around pointing but again not been in the right places

Still love him for 2 goals he got though

What game where you watching? He played excellently, made some good tackles won some good balls played some good passes, got up and down the pitch, LEAD the team, something Arteta doesn't do very well.

I'm not saying Flamini Is all of a sudden a world beater, but for me he has to play over Arteta after his last performance. Wenger needs to start basing some of his teams on performances otherwise there Is no incentive for players to play well.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Id go with with Ramsey/Arteta too. They have played and worked well together in the past.

Ramsey is a runner and needs a passer beside him I think that's why he don't play well beside coq either

All about combinations not just putting 11 lads onto the pitch

Ramsey is a runner and needs a passer beside him I think that's why he don't play well beside coq either

All about combinations not just putting 11 lads onto the pitch

Ramsey hasn't been setting the world alight either, fair enough he runs his ass off but in front of goal he has gotten quite selfish and his finishing has gone to the dogs.

• Advertisement

What game where you watching? He played excellently, made some good tackles won some good balls played some good passes, got up and down the pitch, LEAD the team, something Arteta doesn't do very well.

I'm not saying Flamini Is all of a sudden a world beater, but for me he has to play over Arteta after his last performance. Wenger needs to start basing some of his teams on performances otherwise there Is no incentive for players to play well.

We watched the same game but came away with very different views, he got up the pitch but not down
    And I thought he was poor in possession too and with him not getting back he left lots of space which they attacked with ease

Ramsey hasn't been setting the world alight either, fair enough he runs his ass off but in front of goal he has gotten quite selfish and his finishing has gone to the dogs.

That's a fair point

We watched the same game but came away with very different views, he got up the pitch but not down
    And I thought he was poor in possession too and with him not getting back he left lots of space which they attacked with ease

Yeah that's fair enough, I just don't think It's fair to say no debate when Arteta really hasn't been performing but In the one chance Flam get's he has a screamer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

We're not on tv tomorrow are we?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    We're not on tv tomorrow are we?

Nah, prob on Bein sport etc tho

... Wenger needs to start basing some of his teams on performances otherwise there Is no incentive for players to play well.

I'd agree with this. I understand that scoring two goals against Spurs doesn't entitle you to a start against Leicester but, at least while Coquelin is out, there isn't enough between Flamini and Arteta at the moment to risk not rewarding his performance.

If Arsenal need to call on Flamini more often (and I'm sure Arsene hopes he doesn't have to), he'll be more committed, motivated and valuable to the team if he knows playing well has some reward.

Arteta is looking leggier by the month and I say that as someone who, last season (BC - before Coquelin), would have maintained that Arteta is absolutely crucial to the team's rhythm and shape

Gab out for Sunday. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150925/fa-statement-on-gabriel

We will prob line up something like this.

Cech
    Bellerin
    Mert
    Kosc
    Monreal

Ramsey
    Arteta

Ozil
    Walcott
    Sanchez
    Giroud

Funny that if results go our way (which they never do, or the odd time when they actually do we f*** up) this weekend we could actually go second and be only 2 points behind City.

Gab out for Sunday. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150925/fa-statement-on-gabriel

We will prob line up something like this.

Cech
    Bellerin
    Mert
    Kosc
    Monreal

Ramsey
    Arteta

Ozil
    Walcott
    Sanchez
    Giroud

Replace Arleta with Flamini and I'd agree with that team. Love Arteta but he literally only has 15 mins in his legs now. Ideal for shutting up shop at the end of the game.

Roaster wrote: »
    Replace Arleta with Flamini and I'd agree with that team. Love Arteta but he literally only has 15 mins in his legs now. Ideal for shutting up shop at the end of the game.

I want Flam to play too but I'm just saying that this Is how I see us lining up. I.E who Wenger will play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

On Wed night I noticed that Flamini won a lot of 50 / 50 aerial duels and gave a very gutsy performance. Not wonderful, except for his goals, but very steady which gives the players confidence. Arteta was ok too in fairness but we have to take into account how poor Spurs were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

On Wed night I noticed that Flamini won a lot of 50 / 50 aerial duels and gave a very gutsy performance. Not wonderful, except for his goals, but very steady which gives the players confidence. Arteta was ok too in fairness but we have to take into account how poor Spurs were.

A lot of things can be said about flamini but his work rate and desire are rarely missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ozil know's what's up. :pac:

pscg9Sp.jpg
    8WpAvTH.jpg
    wSV7yJM.jpg

wawaman wrote: »
    A lot of things can be said about flamini but his work rate and desire are rarely missing

He went through a phase before he was dropped when he fairly anonymous

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Great game from Flamini. Great to see passion from a player, something that is lacking from most of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is this game on tv? It will be one for the ages I expect. Theo hatrick.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Fair enough I get that, but its very schoolyard tell tale stuff.

How should be boards be moderated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Leicester: Schmeichel, De Laet, Huth, Morgan, Schlupp, Mahrez, Kantè, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy

Subs: Schwarzer, King, Simpson, Kramarić, Ulloa, Inler, Dodoo

Arsenal: Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Cazorla, Ramsey, Alexis, Özil, Walcott

Subs: Ospina, Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta, Chambers, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Win is vital now. Good opportunity to claw some ground back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement