Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    Please let Alexis get one today. Giroud might be good for one from the bench too.

Odds on Giroud last scorer?

Hmmm.

I should gamble more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If Walcott scores, Giroud must score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good performance from the strikers. Not so good the defence.
    Three valuable points.
    Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Good result. Very good in fact!

Now go Newcastle!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Good performance from the strikers. Not so good the defence.
    Three valuable points.
    Well done.

Thought Ox was at fault for their last goal (think it was Ox, picture quality wasn't great). Either way, there was some player standing about 10 yards ahead of Vardy just looking back at him even though the defense was under pressure and Bellerin was already marking some one.

Good day in general though, happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Get Gabriel and Coquelin back in and try to go on a run with this team. Walcotts performance today was his best ever as a striker for me. Offered it all, holding up the ball, running behind, drifting wide and everything else.

Get Gabriel and Coquelin back in and try to go on a run with this team. Walcotts performance today was his best ever as a striker for me. Offered it all, holding up the ball, running behind, drifting wide and everything else.

I think Mert may make a big difference in terms of distribution. Get Coq back and see how that works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Great 3 points today away from home with plenty of goals to boot.

Nice little run going. Roll on Utd.

gosplan wrote: »
    I think Mert may make a big difference in terms of distribution. Get Coq back and see how that works out.

Fair point, just thought he was out of the game every time they counter attacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Was we brilliant today or lucky? Or Leicester diddnt turn up?

Was we brilliant today or lucky? Or Leicester diddnt turn up?

We looked good, although missed Coq.

The difference is we scored off almost half our shots on goal, instead of the normal 1 in 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Is match of the day on live via BBC website streaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Is match of the day on live via BBC website streaming?

FilmOn might be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

If Spurs score 4 goals in their game then Arsenal simply have to score 5 in theirs. That's how the Universe works! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

DenMan wrote: »
    If Spurs score 4 goals in their game then Arsenal simply have to score 5 in theirs. That's how the Universe works! :D

Always feel dirty hoping the Spuds get a result...but that was a good result for them. We're city ****ty?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Not a word

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm all for GAB coming back in instead of mert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'm all for GAB coming back in instead of mert

Depends who we're playing. A fast counter attacking team like Leicester yes, but for something like Aston Villa who lump it up to Gestede, Mertesacker is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Some of the passing and interplay in the final 3rd was magical. Best performance offensively this season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    Some of the passing and interplay in the final 3rd was magical. Best performance offensively this season

Missed it today looking forward to MOTD or Sky game choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Should we wait for Buttonftw or...

Don't get carried away people. Leicester are a dream team for is to play away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Missed the game today but b just reading through the thread there was fun :).

Looking forward to watching match of the day tomorrow now should be good.

Delighted with the win and with some other favorable results.

Cant be dropping any more points to teams in relegation battles like last week if we want to challenge.

• Advertisement

symbolic wrote: »
    Should we wait for Buttonftw or...

Not much to complain about. If we lost on the otherhand...

Good result. Anyone who wants to swap Mertesacker for Gabriel is mental. Anyone got a comparison of results when either starts?

No-one else mentioned the Invincibles record is safe again? :P

Not much to complain about. If we lost on the otherhand...

Glad you agree I only complain when there's something to complain about. I knew you'd see sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Gabriel or Mertescaker?? Do we always have to go to extremes with players. We have both...let's use both. As already pointed out...some games will suit with Mert in others, Gabriel. Horses for courses, etc.

Mertesacker very underrated here at times. offers so much in terms of leadership, composure and a solid defender...of course he is vulnerable to counter attack. I think we have the perfect mix of 4 centre backs at present and I hope and think they will be used accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Glad you agree I only complain when there's something to complain about. I knew you'd see sense.

I dunno... OK! Yes you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Gabriel or Mertescaker?? Do we always have to go to extremes with players. We have both...let's use both. As already pointed out...some games will suit with Mert in others, Gabriel. Horses for courses, etc.

Mertesacker very underrated here at times. offers so much in terms of leadership, composure and a solid defender...of course he is vulnerable to counter attack. I think we have the perfect mix of 4 centre backs at present and I hope and think they will be used accordingly.

Don't think anyone is going extreme people just on about who they would pick

I think GAB shades it at the mo, if we're going to push on bellerin so much I think Mert has to sit out

Having something doesn't mean you should use it.

Gabriel has started against Chelsea, Zagreb, Stoke, Liverpool and Newcastle. 2 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses, 2 yellows and a red off the top of my head. We look a far, far better side with Mertesacker. I'd swap Gabriel for Koscielny before I'd swap him for Per, we're a different proposition with him at the back and sometimes even looks somewhat organised.

Our defence did look a complete shambles on Wednesday too. Whether that has anything to do with Ospina not shouting I don't know. Chambers shouldn't have been left in any doubt to lead to an OG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Looks like the Welsh rugby team inherited the old Arsenal medical team... And I thought we had bad luck with injuries!

No-one else mentioned the Invincibles record is safe again? :P

It was never in danger :)

Ozils assist for the third was delicious. Super performance today overall. We're right in contention for this league and if Gabriel stayed on last week we'd have got a result. We're as good as any of them. Hopefully we can find that perfect storm in the transfer market in January now. My biggest fear is injuries because i think we are well capable of winning this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Great play by the team today. Hopefully this is the sign of the attack starting to gel and come together. Great to see Alexis get off the mark, hopefully that will boost his confidence and he will go on to exceed last years goal tally.

Just watched the highlights missed it today. Excellent performance, some lovely play hopefully on the up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

During the 2nd half some of our one touch football was incredible! Delighted with that performance, deadly to see Alexis grab a hattrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Laurent Koscielny, he HAS his own song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

efb wrote: »
    kz7KFwykgEQ

Laurent Koscielny, he HAS his own song!

Pity it's not more like the tune, still quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Before yesterday's stats are included Santi Cazorla has created the most goal scoring chances (23) and has the most passes (471) in the Premier League.

A little dynamo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

L'prof wrote: »
    Pity it's not more like the tune, still quality though.

They're football fans you want a tune????

12 goals in 13 starts for Walcott that's very impressive regardless of what position is his best!

Two vital games next week. Two wins and this season looks positive. Joys of being a football fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Soups123 wrote: »
    12 goals in 13 starts for Walcott that's very impressive regardless of what position is his best!

Earlier in the season I posted that Theo wasn't equipped to play no 9. More performances like yesterday and I'll be changing my mind. What really impressed yesterday was his strength on the ball. Haven't seen that before from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

efb wrote: »
    They're football fans you want a tune????

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Earlier in the season I posted that Theo wasn't equipped to play no 9. More performances like yesterday and I'll be changing my mind. What really impressed yesterday was his strength on the ball. Haven't seen that before from him.

More performances like that and he'll have most Arsenal fans myself included and pundits eating a large slice of humble pie.

Early days yet but hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Hope coq can make it for Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Possibly the best thing about yesterday was Sanchez getting a few goals, he really needed that after an indifferent start to the season.
    We shouldnt get too carried away though, Leicester's attacking style is perfect for us to play against, if only all teams set up this way against us. Great game to watch, no negative bullsh1t from either side

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement