Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sanchez had a mammoth off season (like the Germans the year before) do people not realise how much that takes its toll?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    Earlier in the season I posted that Theo wasn't equipped to play no 9. More performances like yesterday and I'll be changing my mind. What really impressed yesterday was his strength on the ball. Haven't seen that before from him.

Fully agree I've always said he's not a CF. yesterday showed signs that he is learning to play the roll, I think the fact AW has backed him by being first choice has helped, every other season it was tried before it was clear he was 'on trial'

Early days I know but he could prove so many wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This is a very interesting season. No team is perfect, any one of four teams could win the league.

Honestly, chaps, I've a good feeling about it. I reckon we will be best as beating the non top 4 teams (God, I hope Brendan is still in charge when we go up to them). If we can do a job on Sunday, which we should, we will be in great shape.

I'd take a draw now all the same!

• Advertisement

Two big games coming up. Realistically need a win on Tuesday. Should be targeting a win on Sunday but bars already being lowered it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Two big games coming up. Realistically need a win on Tuesday. Should be targeting a win on Sunday but bars already being lowered it seems.

You realise the expectations of a poster on boards has no impact on the bars set in the arsenal squad, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

It'll take a massive performance to beat them. We're capable of it, but we've been here before only to be disappointed.

AdamD wrote: »
    You realise the expectations of a poster on boards has no impact on the bars set in the arsenal squad, right?

Seriously why even post? Nothing we do matters. We're a bunch of highly-evolved monkeys clinging to a rock falling through space and the rock itself is dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Fair play lads, 2nd favourite team of mine of the big boys. Helps that I don't like spurs too. Looking forward to 2 self built clubs duking it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

Soups123 wrote: »
    12 goals in 13 starts for Walcott that's very impressive regardless of what position is his best!

Are all the goals from those 13 games or other games in that period that he started on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Are we at home next week lads?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Are we at home next week lads?

Ya Sunday 4pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ya Sunday 4pm.

Perfect, no work next Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

ronjo wrote: »
    Are all the goals from those 13 games or other games in that period that he started on the bench?

It was the BBC that said it that if the last 13 games only were he has started he scored 12, so ignoring sub games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What are the words to the Kos chant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Quazzie wrote: »

Ain't nobody
    Like Koscielny
    Makes me happy
    Makes me feel this way

Quazzie wrote: »

Aint nobody, like KOSCIELNY MAKES ME HAPPY MAKES ME FEEL THIS WAYY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

efb wrote: »
    Aint nobody, like KOSCIELNY MAKES ME HAPPY MAKES ME FEEL THIS WAYY

At least you're singing it :D

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »

Ya gotta love disco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arteta and Flamini are both unavailable for tomorrow (muscle injuries) and Coquelin is just back in training so who to play DM tomorrow.

Chambers or Bielik ?

Ramsey and Cazorla together ?

I'd rather not rush Coquelin and have him fighting fit for Sunday

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ramsey is the natural choice I think, with Cazorla alongside him. Game is too important to be bringing in someone like Bielik, and I don't think Chambers has a future in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

My expectation is that Olympiacos will completely park the bus and try to hit on the counter attack.

Theoretically we can do without Coquelin as well, I'd agree with Mickeroo on a pairing of Ramsey and Cazorla, with Ox on the side.
    Normally I wouldn't be worried, but we would be under pressure for the 3 points and I seem to recall at least one case where we found it difficult to break them at the Emirates.

A quick goal would be most welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont think we will need a DM tomorrow night. Ramsey and Santi as a pair should be fine for this type of game but if we dont have Coquelin for the weekend, we could be in trouble.

Dont think we will need a DM tomorrow night. Ramsey and Santi as a pair should be fine for this type of game but if we dont have Coquelin for the weekend, we could be in trouble.

Totally agree!!
    A win on Sunday and we are on par with them.
    Kind of writes off the bad start we had.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Totally agree!!
    A win on Sunday and we are on par with them.
    Kind of writes off the bad start we had.

Agreed, its a vital game and could shape our season. Two wins this week will fix the mistakes we have made early on this season.

Seems Arteta and Flamini arent able for two games in one week. Who would have thought that? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'd be happy to ring the changes tomorrow with a view to fielding as strong and fresh a team as possible on Sunday. United have a tricky trip to Moscow and it will send a strong message if we give them a well overdue humping in the league.

If we don't have the depth in the squad to comfortably dispatch Olympiakos we aren't going to have enough to do anything in the competition so I'd rather focus on the league this year.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I'd be happy to ring the changes tomorrow with a view to fielding as strong and fresh a team as possible on Sunday. United have a tricky trip to Moscow and it will send a strong message if we give them a well overdue humping in the league.

If we don't have the depth in the squad to comfortably dispatch Olympiakos we aren't going to have enough to do anything in the competition so I'd rather focus on the league this year.

I reckon United are home this week, they played away on their first game.
    The only advantage is we play Tuesday, they play Wednesday, but with the kick off late Sunday, it's not much of an advantage anyway.

For me the win tomorrow (and especially a good performance) is about keeping the momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

If I remember well, United played PSV away in the last round, so they would be home too in this round.

If I remember well, United played PSV away in the last round, so they would be home too in this round.

yes, that's correct.
    Just checked, they play Wolfsburg at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Don't know where I got the Moscow idea, it turns out that's the game before they host Man City in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Don't know where I got the Moscow idea, it turns out that's the game before they host Man City in October.

You're working too hard...you need a break :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Has there been any news on coquelin? Would be sickened if he couldn't play against united.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Has there been any news on coquelin? Would be sickened if he couldn't play against united.

He was training today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone looking for this seasons Arsenal kit?
    Bought this off one of the replica site's but it's way to big.

Selling for what i paid so €20 posted. Size XL.

YTQyMTFmYjdlZTViZjJkNDNhMWY2YTZmMmE0MTI0OWJG25Xw3MXm2_aER4_i1NalaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZTUwYjQxYmQxYTJiZmRiMmRiNjlhZTY5NjM5ZTM2MGFmYzRmZDZlMmUyY2I5YzM3MjEwNjUzMTZkZWZiMGRmYi5qcGd8fHx8fHwyOTV4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This is very true. We've had some good moments in the CL but it's really not worth it.

I'm not saying treat it like the league cup but it's not the priority.

You could just play the same team as on the weekend but drop Ramsey back and start Ox on the wing.

I'd be on for starting Belik. He's as likely to do a Bellerin or Coq as be muck.

And even if he's muck, he'll benefit from it and we should be able to cover for him.

We won't play Bielik.
    He's being playing CB for the U21 team lately so i doubt we'd just throw him into a CL match.

Would rather try Chambers there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

A draw between West Brom and Everton tonight would be ideal for us.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    We won't play Bielik.
    He's being playing CB for the U21 team lately so i doubt we'd just throw him into a CL match.

Would rather try Chambers there.

Big no to Chambers. Way too slow for that position.

gosplan wrote: »
    Big no to Chambers. Way too slow for that position.

Faster than Arteta and Flamini i bet.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Faster than Arteta and Flamini i bet.

Grand so. He'll miss the odd tackle but dictate play and move the ball around just like Arteta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

DenMan wrote: »

why do we really care?

arsenal have the depth to beat olympiakos at home - dinamo away for that matter - it's really a attitude problem, nothing to do with quality of players.
    some teams can play well in games & deserve their results obviously, though more often than not arsenal poor results are self inflicted

this is the worrying thing as it still seems to happen to the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

batistuta9 wrote: »
    why do we really care?

arsenal have the depth to beat olympiakos at home - dinamo away for that matter - it's really a attitude problem, nothing to do with quality of players.
    some teams can play well in games & deserve their results obviously, though more often than not arsenal poor results are self inflicted

this is the worrying thing as it still seems to happen to the team

I do. We've a huge game against Utd at the weekend and whoever wins tonight will be too close for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I do. We've a huge game against Utd at the weekend and whoever wins tonight will be too close for my liking.

after 7 games? if everton were a point behind after 27 i might agree.

wouldn't be too bothered by it, sure didn't city win the league 2 weeks ago anyway. looks as the league this season may be like 13/14, arsenal can win a league like that if they keep up the normal bully boy routine & supplement it with some points against other title challengers, starting with 3 points on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We're 7 games into the season buddy. Relax the kaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Absolutely, it'll cap a great weekend after West Ham and Norwich drew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

keano_afc wrote: »
    We're 7 games into the season buddy. Relax the kaks.

Definitely, WBA are much more likely to be relegated than finish above us whatever tonight's result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement