Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

greendom wrote: »

Oh cesc. The fake love of Chelsea is fooling nobody.

We can all see it kills you each week lining out for them.

Especially when you said you would never play for Chelsea when you were with arsenal!

“If I ever wore a Chelsea shirt, you have permission to kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

After a purple patch to begin with Cesc hasn't been anywhere near the player he once was

Wenger made a good call there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

On tonight, I think we'll cost home 4/5-0. I'm never that optimistic but I think we wallop these tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

Soups123 wrote: »
    After a purple patch to begin with Cesc hasn't been anywhere near the player he once was

Wenger made a good call there.

Unfortunately though that purple patch was when Chelsea raced clear at the top of the table last year and ultimately cruising home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Had a long weekend and haven't been on here, delighted with the 3 point against Leicester and delighted for Sanchez, about time he got back to his usual self, his form could really be the difference maker for us as far as having an average season or a good season goes.

Disappointed with our defence, looked a real shambles and Cech deserved a clean sheet after a few great saves. Big test tonight, really need to bounce back from that defeat to Zagreb, a loss here and we're as good as out IMO. A draw and It's still going to be difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Had a long weekend and haven't been on here, delighted with the 3 point against Leicester and delighted for Sanchez, about time he got back to his usual self, his form could really be the difference maker for us as far as having an average season or a good season goes.

Disappointed with our defence, looked a real shambles and Cech deserved a clean sheet after a few great saves. Big test tonight, really need to bounce back from that defeat to Zagreb, a loss here and we're as good as out IMO. A draw and It's still going to be difficult.

Read quite an interesting blog which said that defence was poor for the first 20 minutes of the match when Flamini was on the pitch and for the last 10 when Ox came on.

Perhaps its just coincidence but the way we conceded that second goal was just awful. A complete inability to clear the ball despite being in the box for ages and then when it fell to Vardy he had so much time to pick his spot that it was like a direct free kick in the box but without a wall. We've conceded some bad goals in our time but that was up there with the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Soups123 wrote: »
    On tonight, I think we'll cost home 4/5-0. I'm never that optimistic but I think we wallop these tonight

I do expect a win, but not a big score, hope I am wrong.
    Was looking at a statistic, it's the fourth time we play against them, the previous 3 scores at the emirates were 2-0, 2-1 and 3-1. I am pretty sure one of them was a late win.
    The problem with Olympiacos is that they are not that strong nowadays, so the only way is defend defend defend(and try to hit on counter attack). Concentration would be important, we are bound to score at least once, so a clean sheet is important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Tonight's game against the Greeks is on BT Sport 2. COYG

DenMan wrote: »
    Tonight's game against the Greeks is on BT Sport 2. COYG

More importantly It's on TV3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

More importantly It's on TV3

Oh brilliant. Didn't know that. Thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'm heading to the game tonight on the back of 2 successive losses (Monaco and West Ham) surely it won't be 3 in a row......

blag wrote: »
    I'm heading to the game tonight on the back of 2 successive losses (Monaco and West Ham) surely it won't be 3 in a row......

Don't go you monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

blag wrote: »

Don't be saying **** like this :p I've already put a curse on us by backing us in an accumulator!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Don't be saying **** like this :p I've already put a curse on us by backing us in an accumulator!

Guess who was the only team to let me down during the first round of Champions League games? :pac:

Guess who was the only team to let me down during the first round of Champions League games? :pac:

Stop I hate backing us as then I'm doubly pissed off when we lose. Had to this time to get the odds up on a few 'bankers.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Have a good feeling about the United game on Saturday, we haven't beaten them at home in ages (think Ramsey scored the winner). We're due a win at home against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cson wrote: »
    Have a good feeling about the United game on Saturday, we haven't beaten them at home in ages (think Ramsey scored the winner). We're due a win at home against them.

Ask your feeling about Sunday.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I hate having to play them. Fed up going in confident only to be let down by another non-performance.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I hate having to play them. Fed up going in confident only to be let down by another non-performance.

Hope springs eternal ! We're going to play well and more importantly, win, on Sunday !

Hope springs eternal ! We're going to play well and more importantly, win, on Sunday !

Hope we get the mental side of it right for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Coq is fit for tonight, according to the Twitter ITKs

emmetlego wrote: »
    Coq is fit for tonight, according to the Twitter ITKs

I'll be happy to see him on the bench

I'll be happy to see him on the bench

Me too.
    I'd rather see us put all our eggs in the one basket this season and go 100% for the league.

Am I the only one who wants us to win tonight!? What are yous at with bets!?

Last post was a joke but Christ it's depressing seeing some people already saying they'd take a point on Sunday and more talking about not really bothering with the CL. Where's the great squad depth we're meant to have? In the top 10 in revenue in the world yet here we are less than 10 games into the season with no major injuries and some are happy to talk about sacrificing a tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Last post was a joke but Christ it's depressing seeing some people already saying they'd take a point on Sunday and more talking about not really bothering with the CL. Where's the great squad depth we're meant to have? In the top 10 in revenue in the world yet here we are less than 10 games into the season with no major injuries and some are happy to talk about sacrificing a tournament.

Absolutely, play a strong team and if we are ahead comfortably at 60 mins or so, we can take a couple of people off. They have 5 days recovery after this match and its still early in the season, shouldn't be an issue at the minute. Only change i'd make is possibly playing Gabriel and giving one of the lads a break, possibly Kos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I have no problem with us sacrificing the CL for a run at the Premier League this season. We're miles off the pace in Europe and just dont have the squad to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

keano_afc wrote: »
    I have no problem with us sacrificing the CL for a run at the Premier League this season. We're miles off the pace in Europe and just dont have the squad to compete.

Ok so if it looks like we wont finish first this year, say if we are 10-12 points behind the leaders in January or February, should we just aim to come 5th. That would mean we wouldn't even need to bother with champions league next year, and we could focus on the premier league. :rolleyes:

Or 4th, because if the English teams don't perform this year they will probably lose a champions league spot anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Excited to see if Walcott can deliver another good performance as a #9 again like on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

CQFqI3QWIAE_u1c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Can't believe it but I actually agree with you. The squad should be well able to compete in both competitions.

Get the result sorted early tonight and bring off a few guys. players should be more than able to play on a Tuesday and Sunday. United have a day less then us.

We should be aiming to win both. Not scarificing one for the other. Going out early last season didn't help us at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Ok so if it looks like we wont finish first this year, say if we are 10-12 points behind the leaders in January or February, should we just aim to come 5th. That would mean we wouldn't even need to bother with champions league next year, and we could focus on the premier league. :rolleyes:

Or 4th, because if the English teams don't perform this year they will probably lose a champions league spot anyway

no. . . just no. . .

If Olympiakos get 3 corners they'll score from one. Hate Gabriel and Kos in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

batistuta9 wrote: »
    CQFqI3QWIAE_u1c.jpg

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Is Giroud injured? Can't see him on the bench and we'd need to be able to call on him at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Is Giroud injured? Can't see him on the bench and we'd need to be able to call on him at the weekend.

Suspended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Roddy23 wrote: »

Suspended...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Damn you gringo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Hopefully Coq hasnt been rushed back too soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Should have enough to see these off.

Always get nervous when I see Gibbs on a teamsheet, mind you.

Urgh Kilbane commentating! 'He's been in form...but he hasn't.' Lets hope the match is better than the lads commentating on it ;)

Why is Cech dropped?

Why is Cech dropped?

Read today that Wenger promised ospina he would play in some important games

Ah should have scored!

The speed there was unreal

Has to be testing the keeper there.

• Advertisement

Nice one Ox :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That was a good opportunity for the Ox.

Should be a gif soon of the flag almost being lifted. :p

I know it's Olympiacos, but Coq really is the midfield general. His innate toughness is brilliant to watch.

I know it's Olympiacos, but Coq really is the midfield general. His innate toughness is brilliant to watch.

His positioning is second to none. He has literally turned his whole career around in the space of a year. Fantastic attitude he has. Credit to the lad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement