Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    They won't have to try too hard, based on the performance of the last two games

It'd be typical of us to turn up against a good team after being absolutely ****e against two piss poor teams. Won't be holding my breath mind you

JustTheOne wrote: »
    We beat Zagreb and Olympicos and were ok no?

They'll both be playing Bayern when they've already qualified. 7 points is the fewest anyone qualified with last year so we need a point or 2 from Bayern and thr other 2 to cancel each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

That game and rubbish performance from most of the team has pushed me over the edge. Wengers time is up. I mean losing 3-2 to olympiacos. Disgracefu!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Have to win the weekend now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Watching the Zagreb game and the commentator remarks that the result was the biggest in their history. Same lines being muttered tonight about Olympiakos. Somethings seriously wrong when we're on the recieving end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I don't know, what can you say after that. It's heartbreaking stuff. We're just so easy to read it's crazy, put ten men back and then hit us on the break. I'm seriously worried that Ozil and Alexis and one or two others might hand in that transfer request next summer. The Champions League is everything to these type of players and now another defeat to Bayern and it's goodnight Vienna.

Watching Wenger's Arsenal in 2015 is a bit like watching new episodes of The Simpsons. It still conjures up some fond memories but you wish it had ended a long, long time ago.

I'm nicking that one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Yep need to secure that top 4 and CL football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Take it we won't be hearing the crap excuses from Wenger after all. Was only waiting up to watch it. I dunno why, think that match was enough torture for the one night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wonga77 wrote: »
    Watching the Zagreb game and the commentator remarks that the result was the biggest in their history. Same lines being muttered tonight about Olympiakos. Somethings seriously wrong when we're on the recieving end

It's Wenger setting new records.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

So on a bus leaving the ground.

The positive:
    Gabriel has heart. He ran 30 yards to protect his team mates in the 1st half when the Greeks were picking a fight. 2nd half he was the one running to get the ball back in play etc.

The negatives
    Never seen so many empty seats at a CL game. Shocking.
    Wenger and his decision to rest Cech.
    Ospina - a sit in the west stand upper - haven't seen a replay but it looked over the line to me. The official had buzzed immediately and Ospina didn't seem to argue too much.
    Gibbs - terrible terrible
    Ozil - huge fan normally but terrible tonight.
    Kos - how bad is the injury as he is our rock?
    The cheese burgers £8.50 for a meal and they are rank.
    Never saw so many leave so early. Have heard louder boos.

We will get destroyed by United if we play like that.

Wenger has to go.

1 more positive - even deluded Wenger will see he needs to spend now.

Has to win the League now. Not just the game. Going out of the CL early will have him just that step closer to getting the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Chelsea lost too. English football lads, its f**Ked

Probably means that 4th place may not get a path to the CL next season.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I don't know, what can you say after that. It's heartbreaking stuff. We're just so easy to read it's crazy, put ten men back and then hit us on the break. I'm seriously worried that Ozil and Alexis and one or two others might hand in that transfer request next summer. The Champions League is everything to these type of players and now another defeat to Bayern and it's goodnight Vienna.

Wenger doesn't deserve players like Sanchez I would hate to see him go but I really think he should, he is wasting his best years with a donkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The new manager (eventually) will have some job on his hands. Short in numerous areas and an extremely poor mentality ingrained on the squad.

For me the worst thing is that for the first half hour they didn't even do that. They had their line on the halfway line which you'd expect to be suicidal stuff against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

First post here so might as well say hi guys!

Horrible result obviously, but they did get two fluky goals that put them in that prime position. Still completely unacceptable. I was raging at the Zagreb match, but this time, I just feel sad.

Feel for Alexis, he was literally running everywhere and got a brilliant goal. I wonder what thoughts were going through his head when his goal was completely cancelled out due to the shambolic defending straight after. He's going to be wrecked for the big game on the weekend as well.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Yep need to secure that top 4 and CL football

Need to challenge for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

Hopefully Rodgers stays in his job so we can get Klopp in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

NAME THE PLAYERS WE COULD HAVE BOUGHT, THERE WAS NOBODY AVAILABLE...

Etc.

Insert your own excuse here Wenger lovers.

This type of ****e has to stop now. We're all here because we support the team, we'll still be supporters after the current Manager is gone.

I've been pro the manager up until now, but watching the same tactics week in, week out and expecting a different result is idiocy. I'm not one for knee jerk reactions but it's painfully obvious there is something wrong at the club. Players are not good enough for the first team, no motivation, tactics are non-existant, a woeful transfer policy to name just a few. The win at Leicester at the weekend probably glossed over a few issues, but the same problems keep re-occurring now and it is worrying.

Trying to split the fan base into two camps is not the way we progress though, we need to come together in a.) supporting the team and b.) deciding on who will take us forward as the next manager.

However, I firmly believe the Board have many questions to answer to, and unfortunately I don't see us progressing until the current Kroenke regime is replaced.

Challenge me hole.
    Need to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well that was painful! :/

We do but I just don't see it, we are short on the field and off it

Win the title. If not get rid of him at the end of the season. No more excuses.

wawaman wrote: »
    Hopefully Rodgers stays in his job so we can get Klopp in the summer

This man for me

article-0-05289AD4000005DC-167_468x425.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Check out Scott Davis on Twitter. Pretty much sums it up. Different personnel, but the same underperforming team. Only one constant, and he needs to go. Klopp, Pep, Ancellotti available next summer. We need to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

gandalf wrote: »
    Probably means that 4th place may not get a path to the CL next season.

cripes what will all the people with their '' 4th place scarfs " do... who have been celebrating that as Arsense great achievemnet for many years
    we're going to win 4th place
    we're going to win 4th place
    we know you wont believe us
    we're going to win 4th place....

probably just change it to
    we've got a brand new stadium

We do but I just don't see it, we are short on the field and off it

Nothing special in that league we will go close anyway

keano_afc wrote: »
    Check out Scott Davis on Twitter. Pretty much sums it up. Different personnel, but the same underperforming team. Only one constant, and he needs to go. Klopp, Pep, Ancellotti available next summer. We need to move on.

We need someone to show a little passion on the sidelines, plus someone who bring a new lease of life to the club, fans and players. Klopp would be the man.

The new manager (eventually) will have some job on his hands. Short in numerous areas and an extremely poor mentality ingrained on the squad.

No I don't believe that at all. The squad is excellent with the exception of two areas. Currently it is not performing for the current manager. With a top level manager who the players respect and fear we can turn things around quite quickly.

• Advertisement

When you think

Pep
    Klopp
    Ancelotti

Will be available in the summer, then things will need to be seriously looked at

How do you watch that tonight and then say that, we have huge problems! We've no rights to feel like we are good enough to challenge

We are piss poor and our manager is past it

It's past getting close anymore, it's about winning it even finishing second and been only two points or so behind the winner I want him gone. We can't be happy with getting close anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We need someone to show a little passion on the sidelines, plus someone who bring a new lease of life to the club, fans and players. Klopp would be the man.

We need someone who can send a team out with a gameplan, and who is tactically astute enough to have an influence on a game.

How do you watch that tonight and then say that, we have huge problems! We've no rights to feel like we are good enough yo challenge

English teams have lost 5 of 6 games in the champs league

We have problems but so does every other team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

How do you watch that tonight and then say that, we have huge problems! We've no rights to feel like we are good enough yo challenge

Too many players are been indulged by the current regime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Where are all the Pro-Wenger posters with their logical reasons to keep Wenger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I'm not saying anything I get blasted every time I complain about Wenger out nice to see there's a few heads on here finally falling out of his anus.

That's irrelevant these other clubs have won league titles and CLs while we're still flapping around with the same ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Arsene has another season after this and he won't be getting fired.

• Advertisement

No I don't believe that at all. The squad is excellent with the exception of two areas. Currently it is not performing for the current manager. With a top level manager who the players respect and fear we can turn things around quite quickly.

We also need another left back to replace Gibbs as sub. He's useless.

Don't give a toss for "every other team". Quit using that as an excuse.
    Concentrate on Arsenal.

Id add in a starting right winger too.

That's irrelevant these other clubs have won league titles and CLs while we're still flapping around with the same ****e

Don't be changing the argument were talking about this season

Who cares about the other teams. It's our team we should be looking at and we have been under performing for years in the CL while the likes of Chelsea and Utd have gone on to win the damn thing. We need to look at ourselves instead of bringing in other sides.

Arsene has another season after this and he won't be getting fired.

Yep Harry is spot on he runs the club, he answers to no one

Imagine a club were the manager has nobody to answer too, really highlights the problem.

I'll wake up happy the day he is gone

Don't give a toss for "every other team". Quit using that as an excuse.
    Concentrate on Arsenal.

The post was pointing out that we can challenge

Gibbs is the backup. Monreal is the first choice.

Our two areas of priority are a striker and a defensive midfielder.

The ox has been very disappointing

• Advertisement

Gibbs is the backup. Monreal is the first choice.

Our two areas of priority are a striker and a defensive midfielder.

Gibbs is not good enough to back-up anyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement