Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Soups123 wrote: »
    I don't get it symbolic, every time we fcuk up you come in happy as larry

Ha sorry man. I'm an enigma! And no offence intended, it was quite exciting ending I felt.

Result is obviously disappointing but felt the first Olympiacos goal was unfortunate. Felt like - not another deflection, maybe there hasn't been many tho, and I'm becoming bias!! Then Ospinas mistake, just mistook where he was I guess? Shame. Their counter was nice though. In saying that Theo was lucky, IMO, with his goal, another miss by him I felt, and poor from their keeper. Sanchez's goal, what a guy for the headers!! And right up to the end I thought Arsenal would get another/2 :)

Really think Arsenal could do with the most clinical of strikers. Although maybe it's more on the deflection/Ospinas mistake as forwards got 2 goals. I'm no expert.

Onwards and upwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Quazzie wrote: »
    Where are all the Pro-Wenger posters with their logical reasons to keep Wenger?

Probably shaking their heads at the b*tchfest this thread becomes after any loss.

F*cking tiresome.

Two bad games in a competition nobody expect us to win. 3 points off the top of the league.

We're not perfect, but jesus, the sack the manager stuff is embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Don't be changing the argument were talking about this season

I didn't realise there was an argument

My point is it's okay to struggle sometimes especially if you have been successful but what we see from Wenger is year after year is the same, pure ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The ox has been very disappointing

TBH he has had his chance it's time to move him on and bring someone else in.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Probably shaking their heads at the b*tchfest this thread becomes after any loss.

F*cking tiresome.

Two bad games in a competition nobody expect us to win. 3 points off the top of the league.

Not as embarrassing as posts like this

• Advertisement

Gibbs is not good enough to back-up anyone.

Yes but there are more pressing areas that need to be strengthened first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Carzola has been useless this season. Same with Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

What's new then. He's never ever kicked on in my opinion. Such potential, frustrating.

He's fcukin smiling away, he couldn't give a **** he really couldn't give a ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Not as embarrassing as posts like this

Aye aye aye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The post was pointing out that we can challenge

OK. But we need someone to motivate this team. We are as weak as dishwater when under pressure. Wenger can't do it obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Wenger rekons "bad luck" was the problem tonight.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

F*cking tiresome.

Wenger forever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I didn't realise there was an argument

My point is it's okay to struggle sometimes especially if you have been successful but what we see from Wenger is year after year is the same, pure ****e

But we're weren't even talking about Wenger it was about us challenging this season

I was merely pointing out we have flaws but so do the other teams so I think we can challenge

You kinda went off on one though haha

gandalf wrote: »
    Yes but there are more pressing areas that need to be strengthened first.

This position was pressing enough the last twice he started.

TBH he has had his chance it's time to move him on and bring someone else in.

Don't think I would love him on yet

But he needs to push on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

its just so sad. same old story lads. too many players being indulged in this team. never learn from our mistakes. wenger should have left on somewhat of a high a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Looper007 wrote: »

He's created more chances this season then anyone in the EPL.

OK. But we need someone to motivate this team. We are as weak as dishwater when under pressure. Wenger can't do it obviously.

He got a lot wrong tonight thats for sure

Don't think I would love him on yet

But he needs to push on

Love him on, are you looking for some Ox love there emergingstar ;)

• Advertisement

I do think it's telling how many of the normally pro Wenger posters are now asking questions, I think the tide has started to turn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Tipping point this match. Sunday now becomes a must win. Something is terribly wrong in the coaching setup. Our ability to both defend and deliver successful set pieces is a shambles, so uninspiring and always unsettling.

What's more the same defensive mishaps and lapses of judgent seem to be rooted within the team. Bould needs to go first, something needs to change.

I don't think Wenger has it in him to do it Tayto. He doesn't come across like a guy that screams and shouts and throws a boot at a players head like a Jose or Fergie would to get a response.

I do think it's telling how many of the normally pro Wenger posters are now asking questions, I think the tide has started to turn

Jaysus soups your obsessed

It's not a debate worth having yet nothing will change, seasons end it would need a serious debate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I'm sorry but these reactions are pure knee-jerk. Ox? Gbbss? Giroud? Cazorla?!!!

Giroud has got the highest goals per minute of any of the first team strikers of top clubs in the premier league so far AFAIK. He gives his everything when he plays. We need another striker, but getting rid of Giroud is ridiculous.

The Ox has a lot of years on him yet. He has buckets of potential but he can't convert it consistently enough. That will come with age.

Gibbs has been great a few seasons ago. He got injured badly and hasn't been the same since. Remember Ramsey coming back from injury? It takes time for them to find their form again.

Cazorla out is laughable. He's one of the best playmakers in the Premier League. Second best to Silva this season IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Wenger forever :pac:

Mourinho never :)

In all fairness lads, you lot have been known to raise your game against good sides in Europe. Bayern will be tough but they are far from invincible particularly on their travels.

You also have Zagreb at home and Olympiacos away. The latter won't be easy but they are not that great a side. And if it comes down to a must win game, you have the players to do it.

I think people are a little extreme. There are no given matches in the champions league, and some of the talk today about resting players for Sunday and still winning easily was a bit crazy.

Poor performance, hopefully Sunday makes up for it.

Up until this season I would have been marginally in the Pro Wenger camp but thanks to the performances so far I now firmly believe that we will not achieve anything more that the odd cup win under Wenger any more. His time has gone, its just that he and the board haven't realised it yet.

The longer this farce continues the more damage he does to his legacy and the more damage will be done to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Cazorla has been useless this season? sorry, you lose all credibility with a statement like that. as posted here the other day...he has created the most goal scoring chances of any player in the EPL combined with most passes which are nearly always forward.

secondly he never gives up the ghost like a lot of the others.

Ozil really needs to be grabbing games like this by the scruff of the neck. These disappearing acts are all too common. Wenger gives him license to play his game and it's been a bit too patchy again lately.

very frustrating and annoying. We need the win on Sunday I feel.

agree that the sack the manager thing is a bit ridiculous but it's an emotive evening and all and it's understandable to be seriously pissed off.

Don't think he should be sacked and I also think it's a monumental waste of anyone's time here venting and getting riled up over it for the simple reason....it won't happen. Not a chance. If we lose the next 3 games in a row he wouldn't be sacked so really no point goin on about it.

• Advertisement

Jaysus soups your obsessed

It's not a debate worth having yet nothing will change, seasons end it would need a serious debate

Will you leave me alone tonight 😂

I'm not calling people out but from reading posts tonight a lot who usually back him are seeing things different that's all.

He will not walk and he won't be sacked I was just pointing out I think the support is changing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

tanko wrote: »
    The hate for Wenger is just crazy. He is right - Arsenal played Olympiacos off the park. The defence was sloppy, but the midfield and attack were superior by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

At this stage I'd give Bould a shot for the rest of the season or until we get someone else in. Not that would happen but just saying.

Utd being a must win makes fcuk all difference as we'll screw the pooch anyway. As for the 2 Munich games, oh dear I'm afraid to even think that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Every loss is a loss closer to getting rid of Wenger FC.

I noticed they blared the champions league music as soon as the game ended. I have never noticed it before but it seemed extremely loud. Was the sound guy instructed to drown out the boo's?

Up until this season I would have been marginally in the Pro Wenger camp but thanks to the performances so far I now firmly believe that we will not achieve anything more that the odd cup win under Wenger any more. His time has gone, its just that he and the board haven't realised it yet.

The longer this farce continues the more damage he does to his legacy and the more damage will be done to the team.

It's posts like this I was referring too

There have been a few just feels like tonight was the tipping point for a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You'd be idiots for wanting Wenger out in a panic, esp for Steve Bould (with all due respect to him) you have to plan the exit of such a man at such a club.

• Advertisement

The hate for Wenger is just crazy. He is right - Arsenal played Olympiacos off the park. The defence was sloppy, but the midfield and attack were superior by far.

The hate for Wenger is deserved, he's the manager he takes the blame. Plus losing two games agaisn't average sides is deserving of the hatred he's getting. Our attack should be superior seen as we spent a lot of money on it but we were still beaten by a so-so team on the night. We didn't exactly pound the door down, a lot of tippy tappy stuff again.

tanko wrote: »

I'd agree with him.

Will you leave me alone tonight 😂

I'm not calling people out but from reading posts tonight a lot who usually back him are seeing things different that's all.

He will not walk and he won't be sacked I was just pointing out I think the support is changing

But if we go on a long unbeaten run opinion will change again and people will forget this shît period

If we won the league you might even change yourself

Opinions will be all over the place during the season, that's why I think at seasons end we should have a good proper debate on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ox is getting plenty of game time and making sweet fa of an impression. He needs to shape up or ship out

Agreed.
    BUT who bought and trained these defenders?
    It has been happening too often, much too often.
    I thought Anderlecht and Monaco were bad last year but this year has been worse. Much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

omega man wrote: »
    At this stage I'd give Bould a shot for the rest of the season or until we get someone else in. Not that would happen but just saying.

Utd being a must win makes fcuk all difference as we'll screw the pooch anyway. As for the 2 Munich games, oh dear I'm afraid to even think that far.

Bould? Bould? The league has moved on from a time where we Would try that kamikaze stuff! He's the defensive coach remember!!!

IWWT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Quazzie wrote: »
    Where are all the Pro-Wenger posters with their logical reasons to keep Wenger?

I would be one of them Quazzie, but I can't find any logical reasons. . .

Our attack should be superior seen as we spent a lot of money on it

I felt the Arsenal attack was superior.

Agreed.
    BUT who bought and trained these defenders?
    It has been happening too often, much too often.
    I thought Anderlecht and Monaco were bad last year but this year has been worse. Much worse.

I thought both them defeats were worse

Either that or I'm just used to them, which is bad in itself :)

Don't think he should be sacked and I also think it's a monumental waste of anyone's time here venting and getting riled up over it for the simple reason....it won't happen. Not a chance. If we lose the next 3 games in a row he wouldn't be sacked so really no point goin on about it.

So we should all accept our manager is not good enough but ignore it??

I don't think we'll get **** enough were the pressure will get immense we'll float around just above acceptable for 2 more years

Name one other club in world football were a manager doesn't need to deliver to stay in a job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

You'd be idiots for wanting Wenger out in a panic, esp for Steve Bould (with all due respect to him) you have to plan the exit of such a man at such a club.
    They'd have to be mad to get rid of Wenger, only to replace him with Bould. If a club sacks the manager, it's usually to replace him with someone better (Klopp or Ancelotti would be the obvious available ones), but Bould? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"We were unlucky. They scored 3 goals from 4 shots. That happens 1 in 100 times in the Champions league".

Yeah, Anderlecht and Monaco were years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If Wenger choses to retire at the end of the season, who would you replace him with?

Imagine this place if Klopp had the same start at Arsenal as he did at Dortmund last season!!!!

efb wrote: »
    If Wenger choses to retire at the end of the season, who would you replace him with?

Imagine this place if Klopp had the same start at Arsenal as he did at Dortmund last season!!!!

Pep

omega man wrote: »

FS I think Bould is part of the problem so he would definitely not be staying on in my ideal world.

There are two top class managers out of contract who would be ideal fits for us available.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement