Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Pep

hope he brings his "magic"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'm dropping out for tonight, Tyskie drank it's time for the Red Wine, I'll woo the missus and take the frustration out on her for a good 3 minutes, the Wenger mask is coming out and she's wearing it

Good night fellow Gooners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'm dropping out for tonight, Tyskie drank it's time for the Red Wine, I'll woo the missus and take the frustration out on her for a good 3 minutes

Lucky lady!!

Mine is slagging me on Facebook at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Looper007 wrote: »
    I don't know, what can you say after that. It's heartbreaking stuff. We're just so easy to read it's crazy, put ten men back and then hit us on the break. I'm seriously worried that Ozil and Alexis and one or two others might hand in that transfer request next summer. The Champions League is everything to these type of players and now another defeat to Bayern and it's goodnight Vienna.

I'm getting really tired and pissed of f with this being wheeled out after every loss. You know what, **** Ozil if he does. I like him and think he is a very good player but he's not exactly leading from the front. If the rest of the team is having a good game so does he but how many times has he turned around a game for us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We will end up with Remi Garde or Dragan Stojkovic as the next manager :(

I'll just crawl up in a ball and cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Getting out of here too for tonight.
    Just very angry at what is happening to this once great club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Win at the weekend and were TOP of the league.

It's a funny old game alright:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ticket and flights for the United game booked. Usually when I do this early in the season full of optimism, the club is in a complete shambles by the time I actually get to the game. Sorry lads.

Again, sorry lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

So we should all accept our manager is not good enough but ignore it??

I don't think we'll get **** enough were the pressure will get immense we'll float around just above acceptable for 2 more years

Name one other club in world football were a manager doesn't need to deliver to stay in a job?

depends on the reality you inhabit I guess. I'm not gonna lose my **** over a result 7/8 games in. anything that will happen will be at seasons end and that's the time for debate. A few lads on here and Piers Morgan shouting wildly on Twitter won't change much.

.as Iv always maintained with my support and interest in Arsenal it is clear to anyone who rationally looked at us and viewed the facts would see....we are only back in a competitive place as top top team in last two seasons. In that time we have won two cups. It's progress and I do see the team and the squad improving. I do however expect a league challenge this season and I think we will get it.

I believe 4 teams in the PL will all be within 5/6 points of each other at the top round next March and I hope we are there or there abouts 2 months later. call me naive and I may be well wrong but I won't be calling for a sacking now for two reasons. - not merited and not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

We will end up with Remi Garde or Dragan Stojkovic as the next manager :(

dont know if youre joking, but something like this will happen. you can be sure AW will have a say in his successor

Agreed.
    BUT who bought and trained these defenders?
    It has been happening too often, much too often.
    I thought Anderlecht and Monaco were bad last year but this year has been worse. Much worse.

For me the third goal was exactly the same as the second goal at the weekend, defense is stretched and marking everyone and there is a midfielder walking back looking at the free man who in this case puts in a cross for a goal. Not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

depends on the reality you inhabit I guess. I'm not gonna lose my **** over a result 7/8 games in. anything that will happen will be at seasons end and that's the time for debate. A few lads on here and Piers Morgan shouting wildly on Twitter won't change much.

.as Iv always maintained with my support and interest in Arsenal it is clear to anyone who rationally looked at us and viewed the facts would see....we are only back in a competitive place as top top team in last two seasons. In that time we have won two cups. It's progress and I do see the team and the squad improving. I do however expect a league challenge this season and I think we will get it.

I believe 4 teams in the PL will all be within 5/6 points of each other at the top round next March and I hope we are there or there abouts 2 months later. call me naive and I may be well wrong but I won't be calling for a sacking now for two reasons. - not merited and not gonna happen.

Great post

12043118_941742412583791_957249962684741077_n.jpg?oh=4cd799d091db5de69513c8577810ed6e&oe=569CDBCE

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Post Match stuff from Wenger - thanks to Gunnerblog

AW: "Some aspects of our game were quite good but we lacked quality in our defensive concentration."

AW: "We had a bit of bad luck as well. They had 4 shots on target; they scored 3 goals."

AW: "Tonight we feel guilty because we gave easy goals away."

AW: "Ospina played 19 games last year, kept 14 clean sheets. No keeper is mistake-free. It could've happened to Cech as well."

AW: "I don't have to tell why you I picked Ospina. I do not have to give an explanation."

AW: "Cech had a slight [injury] alert before the game at Leicester."

AW: "It's not because of not playing Cech that we lost the game. It's a farce. I know many things you don't know."

AW asked about regrets on selection: "Honestly, I do not want to go into that conversation with you."

• Advertisement

Notice the Liverpool fans defending the performance tonight and saying we should keep Wenger. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Post Match stuff from Wenger - thanks to Gunnerblog

AW: "Some aspects of our game were quite good but we lacked quality in our defensive concentration."

AW: "We had a bit of bad luck as well. They had 4 shots on target; they scored 3 goals."

AW: "Tonight we feel guilty because we gave easy goals away."

AW: "Ospina played 19 games last year, kept 14 clean sheets. No keeper is mistake-free. It could've happened to Cech as well."

AW: "I don't have to tell why you I picked Ospina. I do not have to give an explanation."

AW: "Cech had a slight [injury] alert before the game at Leicester."

AW: "It's not because of not playing Cech that we lost the game. It's a farce. I know many things you don't know."

AW asked about regrets on selection: "Honestly, I do not want to go into that conversation with you."

Pure arrogance

efb wrote: »
    If Wenger choses to retire at the end of the season, who would you replace him with?

Imagine this place if Klopp had the same start at Arsenal as he did at Dortmund last season!!!!

Klopp had very recently earned the kind of credit that allows for such things. Wenger has been surviving on it for a decade. Klopp also has grown and developed the club while Arsenal have begun sliding down the money rankings. Also Arsenal have gotten worse in the CL and stagnated in the PL.

There's nothing knee-jerk in my posts nor the "other" "Wenger-out" people, we've generally been consistent. Others have had doubts and a lack of anything to suggest an improvement justifies their being a bit stronger in their views on a night like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Notice the Liverpool fans defending the performance tonight and saying we should keep Wenger. Make of that what you will.

Because we would KILL to have a manager like Wenger. As would most Premier League clubs.

Seriously, you have no idea how lucky you are. The only manager we've had who comes close to Wenger, in terms of working very successfully on limited resources was Benitez, and even he lost the plot eventually.

You had a couple of bad results in the CL. So what? 4 games left to turn it round. You have the players to do it and will raise your game against Bayern.

I'm dropping out for tonight, Tyskie drank it's time for the Red Wine, I'll woo the missus and take the frustration out on her for a good 3 minutes, the Wenger mask is coming out and she's wearing it

Some 50 Shades of Grey **** right there :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Because we would KILL to have a manager like Wenger. As would most Premier League clubs.

Seriously, you have no idea how lucky you are. The only manager we've had who comes close to Wenger, in terms of working very successfully on limited resources was Benitez, and even he lost the plot eventually.

You had a couple of bad results in the CL. So what? 4 games left to turn it round. You have the players to do it and will raise your game against Bayern.

Grass is always greener...it'll be very difficult to replace Wengwr with a manager that will bring the club forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

L'prof wrote: »
    Grass is always greener...it'll be very difficult to replace Wengwr with a manager that will bring the club forward.

Yes but do you honestly think that Wenger can bring the club forward?

If you answer yes then at this stage you are deluding yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was listening to Wenger on 5 Live about half an hour ago and some of his comments left a bad taste and I'm not even an Arsenal fan.

Paraphrasing but they'll stick up the podcast a bit later on their site if you want to hear what he actually said.

Regarding Petr Cech's omission:
    I don't have to tell you why I chose my team and why I didn't choose some players. I don't have to tell you all the time

Whatever about the pressing media questions, I think it's only right that he tells supporters who pay for one of the most, if not most, expensive tickets in England to watch their team of a Tuesday evening.

I don't think Ospina should be used as a scapegoat but resting a goalkeeper is bizarre unless they're injured.

Rotation is fine for say a league cup game but for a Champions League game? Hard to see the logic in it when Arsenal try so hard to get into the the Champions League and don't bother showing up for it.

Puzzling.

Yous should have kept Hodgson after what he achieved with Fulham.
    The limited resources argument is bull****. We were top 6 in the world for income and debt repayments still would've kept us top 10 before considering cash reserves. We're. Now even slipping in that respect. Our wage bill has inflated hugely in the last few years despite only adding 3 players of note while offloading other players. The whole setup is designed for stability supposedly but has led to stagnation and decay. Some want to ignore it and that's their prerogative.

gandalf wrote: »
    Yes but do you honestly think that Wenger can bring the club forward?

If you answer yes then at this stage you are deluding yourself.

I'm not saying he will. We'd more than likely stay in or around the same with a few glimmers here and there but whenever he leaves we'll almost certainly be talking a step backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Klopp had very recently earned the kind of credit that allows for such things. Wenger has been surviving on it for a decade. Klopp also has grown and developed the club while Arsenal have begun sliding down the money rankings. Also Arsenal have gotten worse in the CL and stagnated in the PL.

There's nothing knee-jerk in my posts nor the "other" "Wenger-out" people, we've generally been consistent. Others have had doubts and a lack of anything to suggest an improvement justifies their being a bit stronger in their views on a night like this.

Let's not also forget that once things weren't going right at Dortmund and Klopp stopped getting the desired results he wanted from t g e team and players he done the right thing and stepped down allowing both party's to freshen things up a bit.

We on the other hand are like a horrendous remake of groundhog day.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Pure arrogance

Seriously, what do you want him to say? Do a Mourinho on it and blame Shad because he recommended not playing Cech? Or start listing out players who aren't good enough?

Two critical mistakes cost us two goals and the game tonight (first goal was a deflection so I don't count that). You can blame Wenger all night and all day for them if it makes you feel better but when players you have been playing for 20 plus years make mistakes that you wouldn't even expect at an u12 match, I don't think you can blame the manager (Ospina's is self explanatory, 3rd goal was because a midfielder was walking back and didn't pick up the player who put in the cross).

Also, I must have been out of the loop, but when did we decide that Ospina was ****? How many goals was he directly responsible for last year? There is no reason why he shouldn't have played tonight and not made such a terrible **** up for the first goal.

I should have felt angry tonight watching the game but I didn't I just shook my head in acceptance of the inevitable reoccurring Arsenal fcuk up.

It no longer suprises or shocks you just think ah here we go again.

We now need two great results against Bayern :pac:.

United our bogey team next brilliant.

L'prof wrote: »
    I'm not saying he will. We'd more than likely stay in or around the same with a few glimmers here and there but whenever he leaves we'll almost certainly be talking a step backwards.

This resembles the "There's no one out there who can improve our team" rubish that has been spouted here in the past.

Currently, Klopp, Pep, and Ancellotti are better managers, and would be an improvement on what we currently have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wenger: Cech could have made same mistake Ospina did so criticism of selection is a 'farce'.

Cech will be delighted with that vote of confidence :rolleyes:

Imagine what this place would be like if we supported Leeds, or Wednesday...

Wenger: Cech could have made same mistake Ospina did so criticism of selection is a 'farce'.

Cech will be delighted with that vote of confidence :rolleyes:

Well Cech has made his own howlers this season too!

And don't other teams rotate goalies for the UCL too???

Guys, the UCL is over. Lets concentrate on the league, a half decent string of results could have us leading it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

What annoys me is I seen people posting last night that I didn't see post in a week

I respect everyone's opinion it just bothers me when people only post when the narrative fits there opinions

Win the weekend and I won't care about last night lets push on and challenge for the league UCL is gone

Loose and Wenger is under serious pressure last night was on him, resting players for a must win game is not good enough

My mate was st the game text me saying he he new they would score from Kick off we had no shape what so ever, while some of the players should get some blame for not having the cop on, again set up should be second nature through the training field

By the numbers is always a good read. Shows how good arsenal are at shooting themselves in the foot.

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/09/arsenal-2-3-olympiacos-by-the-numbers/

Also links to further evidence of why Mike Dean shouldn't be allowed to ref us.

This resembles the "There's no one out there who can improve our team" rubish that has been spouted here in the past.

Currently, Klopp, Pep, and Ancellotti are better managers, and would be an improvement on what we currently have.

I'm not saying there's no manager out there that can click and be an instant success but finding that right manager and then backing him with £300m+ in the transfer market over the period of a few years is what it would probably take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

We might lose to United at the weekend, but you all know how it usually pans out.

We'll beat Bayern, draw with Bayern and the return fixtures against Zagreb and Olympiakos we'll win, and Wenger will scrape though again....

to be knocked out in the next round.

Sundays game is so important we need to just get behind the team.

Could have a real chance at the league because everyone around us is just as inconsistent.

• Advertisement

The world is full of hate, look at all Wenger gets after all he's done... (I don't mean here in the main)
    There is little hope for the rest of us

The world is full of hate, look at all Wenger gets after all he's done... (I don't mean here in the main)
    There is little hope for the rest of us

So because he was good in the past he should get a free ride now?

If that's how you feel then football isn't the sport for you my friend.

Are you happy with our position in the league right now? The ref did us over in the Chelsea match, and we had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Liverpool. The rub of the green isn't going our way, yet we're still in the mix.

We are cetainly not friends. I don't even know you.

I don't do Bandwagon FC- I stick with things through the good and bad. I accept there will be bad times- the last two seasons have not been bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I think the majority of fans everywhere are now in the Wenger out/time for a change camp, though theres still a few that seem to be content to see the same ole stuff happening simply cause they dont want to hear anything bad about Wenger.
    Last night must have been demoralising for the players, especially playing Utd this weekend, its very hard to turn form around so quick.
    I think Ox should be dropped for a while, he's got his turn and failed to impress, rejig things or give someone else a chance.
    Whats our best option for Sunday? Bring in Cech and Per for a start, probably set up someway defensive, Normally I want us to go for the 3 points but right now I would take a point

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Jesus, not this Wenger In vs Wenger out ****e again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Jesus, not this Wenger In vs Wenger out ****e again.

What exactly were you expecting? :pac:

To be fair despite last nights result being a heap of sh1t, the Wenger debate was very tame compared to other days. There are very few that seem to bother defending him now and very few that bother to continue venting, bad well when Liverpool fans are coming in to defend him.
    Id like a change but accept we are not going to see it so may as well get behind them for sunday

I don't do Bandwagon FC- I stick with things through the good and bad. I accept there will be bad times- the last two seasons have not been bad

Labelling people who want a change of management as bandwagon f.c is the biggest Croc of **** I've seen on here.

How dare people question the status quo :rolleyes: what if we supported leeds you said sorry we don't support leeds we support one of the biggest richest clubs in the world :rolleyes: I guess some people have ambition and others don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

What's been so good about the last two seasons?

This is the attitude that has brought the club down. Some fans are happy with no longer being a top club and are happy out winning an fa cup.

Disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Piers Morgan was on TalkSport there a few minutes ago, moaning on about Wenger as usual. But said he was told last night (wouldn't say by who) that Cech was definitely not injured and Ospina has been contractually guaranteed to play games like last night.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Piers Morgan was on TalkSport there a few minutes ago, moaning on about Wenger as usual. But said he was told last night (wouldn't say by who) that Cech was definitely not injured and Ospina has been contractually guaranteed to play games like last night.

Piers Morgan talk some ****e.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement