Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Drexel wrote: »
    Who would be the right candidate so you think? Small pool id imagine

The two that are available at the moment are Klopp and Ancelotti.

Diego Simeone and Guardiola would be other options if they were available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Jesus H. Hard crowd to please... We just bate the sh1te out of ManU, who were top of the table, and we go 2nd, a couple of points behind a city side prone to misfires... And there's people talking about sacking/replacing Wenger.

Would you all just kindly ram it where the sun doesn't shine. Let us bask in the glory of today without the tripe!

Thought Ozil was immense today. Just awesome. I have a man crush on his ugly little face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gandalf wrote: »
    If the right candidate is available to take over, yes the board should be decisive.

Won't happen. Anyway with 8 goals scored in the last 2 league games, things are looking promising for the season (champions league aberration put to one side obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Seriously? The day we batter United?

I swear to Jesus...

I keep thinking about Rambo's disallowed goal against the pool. Should be joint top on points right now.

I can't bleeding wait for MOTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

greendom wrote: »
    Won't happen. Anyway with 8 goals scored in the last 2 league games, things are looking promising for the season (champions league aberration put to one side obviously)

I am kinda weirdly giddy at the thought of not qualifying for the next CL round. I want to progress but if we went in the EL Wenger would take it seriously and we would have a serious chance of winning it. Over 20 years since our only European cup and a club as big as Arsenal should have more. The EL would be a good start imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Wenger in....Wenger out.... Doesn't matter. I think we can all agree that Arsene will absolutely f*cking love that one today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Drexel wrote: »
    I am kinda weirdly giddy at the thought of not qualifying for the next CL round. I want to progress but if we went in the EL Wenger would take it seriously and we would have a serious chance of winning it. Over 20 years since our only European cup and a club as big as Arsenal should have more. The EL would be a good start imo

also won the fairs cup in the 70s, 74?

Drexel wrote:

I wouldn't imagine he would play his A side on a Thursday night. Maybe if the squad players could progress, he would bring out the big guns, depending on where we are in the league.

greendom wrote: »

I'd doubt it too, the Arsenal board move at a Geological rate making any decisions.

We certainly have the talent to kick on it just depending if the team has the desire, leadership and consistency to do so.
    emmetlego wrote: »
    Jesus H. Hard crowd to please... We just bate the sh1te out of ManU, who were top of the table, and we go 2nd, a couple of points behind a city side prone to misfires... And there's people talking about sacking/replacing Wenger.

Would you all just kindly ram it where the sun doesn't shine. Let us bask in the glory of today without the tripe!

Thought Ozil was immense today. Just awesome. I have a man crush on his ugly little face!
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Seriously? The day we batter United?

I swear to Jesus...

Sorry lads but the question was asked. Yes we are doing well in the league but in reality that is only because every team around us is misfiring.

Given the team we have and the fact very little has changed from last season in personal, the quality of the team it is logical to expect consistency of performance from them. We haven't had that. The team have laid down and put in bad performances too many times this season already.

One good result doesn't mitigate the really **** ones that have occurred before it. As I said in the previous post if they now kick on from this and put in a run of decent performances then I am open to change my mind. At the moment I do not feel Arsene is the right man for Arsenal any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Basil3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine he would play his A side on a Thursday night. Maybe if the squad players could progress, he would bring out the big guns, depending on where we are in the league.

we could easily play both games. We are well used to it.

If we do end up in it, I'd be pissed if we didn't go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

emmetlego wrote: »

Wonder if senile Giles was watching ozil today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hmmmm,

Watford, Everton, Swansea, Spurs, Brom, Norwich, Sunderland.

Put together a nice little run based on clean sheets and the Alexis/Ozil/Wally trio and it could get really interesting.

Janurary is tough. Run in is fantastic.

Please please please just put it together for a while and no injuries.

We all deserve this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

That was just absolutely fantastic today. All thoughts of watching the rugby went out the window after that first half performance we were immense.

If we can find the drive and consistency to play like that week in week out we would walk the league and be a very happy bunch in here.

Although I think that's what frustrates most the time we know we're capable of them performances so when the bad ones pop up it can be hard to take.

But let's just sit back and enjoy the performance today for what it was Arsenal at its finest.

OK MotD, Kleenex ready :D

Aw starting with The Pool.

I know it's not just abour today's result, but getting sacked after an away draw at Everton is a bit tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

on now!

Think Theo made a hell of a statement today.

Well that was a thing of beauty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Think Theo made a hell of a statement today.

Never mind his forward play which was excellent today it was his desire that had me standing up.

Walcott is not known for the defensive side of his game but when he tracked back won the ball with a sliding tackle and immediately set off running looking to receive the ball again is what I want to see.

The whole team showed a hunger to win which I loved we chased everything.

Should have been at least 6.

Nice one, Arsene. What a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Delighted

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

What a great day. I love Ozil. So, so, so much.

Edit: He also had one of the best touches you could ever see! It led to Ramsey's volley wide if I remember correctly.

https://twitter.com/billbonesAFC/status/650772590118731776

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Wenger out. Enough is enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Harry Kanes OG lol fantastic technique

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »

I'm happy enough, in a way, for Giles and the meeeja etc to paint Ozil as a lazy waster. Fine by me. If it stops people trying to buy him off us, then great.

He's becoming one of my favourite players ever. The passes are just so beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'm happy enough, in a way, for Giles and the meeeja etc to paint Ozil as a lazy waster. Fine by me. If it stops people trying to buy him off us, then great.

He's becoming one of my favourite players ever. The passes are just so beautiful.

I firmly believe it's Jealousy.

Just too late to get in September's Goal if the Month.

Edit: Kane's I meant. Ha!

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Let them at it! Like most geniuses, Ozil's misunderstood by many.

Granted, he has some off-days and can be super frustrating, but which of them aren't. He's an easy target.

Rooney: The Man Behind The Goals tomorrow night on BBC.

Good to see them doing this kind of historical documentary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

x PyRo wrote: »

Edit: He also had one of the best touches you could ever see! It led to Ramsey's volley wide if I remember correctly.

https://twitter.com/billbonesAFC/status/650772590118731776

I actually remember that from today my thought was I cant believe Ozil outmucled somebody for the ball. I mean the touch is majestic but he fought for and one a ball he wasn't even a favorite to win.

Serious fight and play from Arsenal today. Congrats from a dazed United fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Im' vert drunk and its arsenals fault

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

gosplan wrote: »
    Hmmmm,

Watford, Everton, Swansea, Spurs, Brom, Norwich, Sunderland.

Put together a nice little run based on clean sheets and the Alexis/Ozil/Wally trio and it could get really interesting.

Janurary is tough. Run in is fantastic.

Please please please just put it together for a while and no injuries.

We all deserve this.

I look at that run and get excited saying we do something good here

In reality we will drop points all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

efb wrote: »
    Good luck with that one...

I only managed to wander into the Arsenal supporters club :D Only realised when everyone was cheering along with me. They were due that against them, only wish it could have been more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

:pac:

Nice work lads

You schooled us yesterday

Fair play.

Well we're a perverse lot aren't we? Nothing like a breathtaking win to halt this thread in its tracks!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I was one of the people very deflated after the mid week result, but what a difference a result like that makes. Having said that, lets not get carried away, As Ian Wright said last night, we've seen all this before, we need to be consistent. Having said that, I'm a lot more optimistic. But lets all temper our expectations :)

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I was one of the people very deflated after the mid week result, but what a difference a result like that makes. Having said that, lets not get carried away, As Ian Wright said last night, we've seen all this before, we need to be consistent. Having said that, I'm a lot more optimistic. But lets all temper our expectations :)

Yes Tuesday was inexcusable, especially when you see what the team is capable of. As a member of the half full glass brigade I'm optimistic that we're going to see a lot more like Saturday and next to no performances like against Olympiacos.

Yesterday was a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Rooney must be really bang out of form when he couldnt get his regular goal against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Great win yesterday. Was delighted with how much pace we had and with most of the finishing. Just what we needed after the awful result last week. Hopefully we can kick on from here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well done Arsenal. The important thing is that we really build from this now! It must not be like the others, papering over the cracks. It's time to push on and go on a great unbeaten run. It's a pity we have the internationals coming up now but we can't do anything about that. Let's hope for no injuries. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Now we know we can compete so let this team kick on and see where it takes us.
    Not going to get carried away as yet though, we've been here before i.e. beating City last year. However I think the players actually asked questions of themselves yesterday and answered them too.
    And Wenger did get the tactics right but as i always say a good start is half the battle. We should always start on the front foot. It suits our players to attack. Sometimes we are far too cautious.

This international break is once again coming at the wrong time as we needed another match soon to keep the momentum going.

What the Hell is wrong with Boards.ie lately??
    The pages are hopping all over the place again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I thought it was just me in my inebriation. You read a few posts at the bottom of a page and then you read them again at the top of the next one?

L'prof wrote: »
    I thought it was just me in my inebriation. You read a few posts at the bottom of a page and then you read them again at the top of the next one?

I keep getting Greendom's post, the same one, at the top of every page.

It wasn't that good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

What the Hell is wrong with Boards.ie lately??
    The pages are hopping all over the place again.

I thought it had something to do with my Linux OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

sack wenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

brilliant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement