Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

May sound daft as I haven't done anything to be proud of, but I am a very proud man tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

B7FYSXHIYAAoMrr1_zps4b605824.jpg

Olivier wouldn't consider it cheating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

What a great night to be an Arsenal fan.

Highlights: Arsenal 2-0 Bayern - UEFA Champions League - Video - UEFA.com uefa.to/1M6mtpU via @UEFAcom

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/video/highlights/videoid=2296495.html?autoplay=true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Got slaughtered on here for saying that Arsenal played very well in their despite their opening defeats in the CL.

So because we won tonight that means we actually weren't crap in the first two games? I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Shout out to Mert who had a fantastic game. Hopefully shows people that he's far from finished.

Monreal was epic too... Pretty much shut down Muller the whole game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'd give my right nut to have even half of bellerins pace. Unreal

That smudge there, that smudge is our Hector.

CRylE4hW0AAOivV.png:large

CRylE4hW0AAOivV.png:large

Hector?

Bro thats The Flash!

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Hector?

Bro thats The Flash!

The Flash wishes he was Hector

Top class striker would've made it a lot easier.

ARSENAL! ARSENAL!

He worked better as an impact sub!

@thefootballcafe: Olivier Giroud with a superb first touch vs Bayern Munich.. 👌 https://t.co/NYSqCDAeLv

[

Hector is Alan Smith? :confused::p:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Absolutely but obviously Wenger had his heart set on benzema. Benzema has made it perfectly clear he doesn't want to play for us though.
    I've given up hoping we'll buy a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I said it at half time, and I'll say it again. I think Per deserves huge credit! Yes, our system didn't leave him isolated, but he was facing down arguably the most in form striker in the world at present, and he didn't give him an inch! I thought he deserves praise as he has so many doubters in here. He was the foundation of last nights superb game.

Still buzzing. Amazing game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

He should look in the mirror and he'll find the blame instead of shifting it elsewhere like a cowardly weasel.

Tv3 focus all on Bayern's shortcomings tonight. If Chelsea beat them 2-0 tonight we'd hear all about Mastermind Mourinho though

TV3? The station that freezes midway through the 2nd half? That shows the standard of their productions

I'm off to Zagreb match!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

efb wrote: »
    I'm off to Zagreb match!!!

Bye

• Advertisement

ronjo wrote: »
    Bye

I have acquired a ticket for the Zagreb match

My first Gay Gooners night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I really enjoyed that game. Best game I've been to. The atmosphere in the stadium after Giroud scored was amazing, followed by na, na.. Giroud.

Thought the Munich fans protest was cool too.

Bayern were fascinating to watch, so comfortable on the ball. I know they didn't get the goal but I love watching Pep's teams. They will have nights like that but overall it works. And it's a class act imo. So calm and cool.

Arsenal were so panicked on the ball and made lots of mistakes. Turning over possession from a simple throw in etc. Sanchez and Coquelin seemed to be rowing most of the night. Sanchez for Coq to push and press forward and Coq for Sanchez to not be running out of danger areas by the looks of it. After a while in the first have Ozil was signalling to the others for a while, like pointing four fingers to the ground, and looked like he signalled it to the bench too, after that Bayern seemed less dangerous.

Arsenal broke with pace which I loved but Theo just didn't know what to do, no trick up his sleeve or something? I dunno. Or just nervous? Girouds hold up play was brilliant when he came on. So strong. Sanchez winning what seemed like every header.

Really looking forward to the second leg. Feel Arsenal were lucky to get out with 3 points tonight, be interested to see what they can manage in the second leg. Prove me wrong guys, prove me wrong!!

Overall though, great result and really hope they get out of the group, and continue winning ways in the league on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Looper007 wrote: »
    to be fair Souness is one of Arsenal's biggest fans.

He has tipped Arsenal to win the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Lord Pudders here.

So the box was directly above the Bayern fans. So many protesting that they all couldn't fit in the area outside fence there were more sitting/ standing in their seats than they would have wanted. They had 3 guys who led the singing who didn't watch a single bit of the match with one on a megaphone. Class fans but nothing compared to Dortmund when they have been to the Emirates.

Downside of the box was on one wall was what was meant to be Arsenal's greatest ever team. Brady up there with Bastion, Bergkamp, Henry, McClintock, Seaman, Dixon, Viera but in amongst them all a certain Roma player. Got to meet Winterburn and Dixon so that was a plus. Also we got to drink alcohol! Only places you can drink alcohol on european match days is boxes, club level and the board. Ridiculous.

The tifo display was made up of plastic bags!!!!! I kid you not! I guess the 5p charge makes it come in handy.

As for the match, in real time I couldn't believe how Neuer made that save in the first half. Alexis takes risks with his passes at the back but we have to accept that flaw given what he offers up front.

Ozil was fantastic again. Everything good he was involved with. One stage in the first half he bamboozled the Germans and after releasing the ball Mueller gave him 5. Appreciated by the opposition!
    Through got in some great positions - all he needs is just to finish better and he's the striker we need. Olivier was brilliant when he came on. Bellerin was taken to the cleaners a few times by Costa in the first half but boy what a 2nd half. I hope we can hang on to him if Barca come calling back.

Overall a great night t be a gooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Shout out to Mert who had a fantastic game. Hopefully shows people that he's far from finished.

Monreal was epic too... Pretty much shut down Muller the whole game.

Don't agree with mert, we say back last night suited him to the ground

This weekend we will be pushing on more I would have him back on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pudders wrote: »

Downside of the box was on one wall was what was meant to be Arsenal's greatest ever team. Brady up there with Bastion, Bergkamp, Henry, McClintock, Seaman, Dixon, Viera but in amongst them all a certain Roma player. !
    He's actually without a club at the moment after a mutual cancellation of his contract. Three years ago he was playing with England in the Euros and now he's without a club.

*I'm assuming you're not talking about Szcz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I haven't been on lately as I haven't had wifi, but I'm so proud to be an Arsenal fan. Some winning run lately, hopefully we keep it up. I think it's big that we haven't had any major injuries to key players. Hopefully this continues for the season, as we can compete with anyone on our day. Injuries to big players have cost us in seasons past, its crucial that we don't sustain too many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Apparently Ramsey's hamstring injury is bad enough going by bbc article

Yeah will be out for about 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Yeah will be out for about 6 weeks.

So in Arsenal terms 12 months? :rolleyes: That's annoying. With that said Ramsey has been in poor form lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

So in Arsenal terms 12 months? :rolleyes: That's annoying. With that said Ramsey has been in poor form lately.
    I think on the ball, he's not been great, but I think he's being given undue criticism. He works so hard on that right hand side, which is useful as Bellerin likes to get forward. He's making all the right runs as well, just his finishing that's letting him down.

He'll be a loss.

Yep, thought he was poor last night too. Problem Is our RW options aren't great, The ox for all his promise and flair lacks the final ball and doesn't offer as much defensive cover as Ramsey.

If we play Walcott there then Giroud starts up front and we lack any CF options off the bench, not to mention Walcott also lacks the final ball and Is worse defensively than both Ramsey and The Ox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He'll be a loss but it gives ox a chance for an extended run in the team

He needs to kick on with his development now

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He'll be a loss but it gives ox a chance for an extended run in the team

He needs to kick on with his development now

While I think that's great, we don't have room for that kinda stuff now, we need to be fielding strong experienced quality sides, Bellerin and the ox on the right is worrying. Two guys who are inexperienced and still developing.

While Bellerin was ridiculous going forward yesterday, defensively he was lost against Costa, It's not the first time someones had Bellerin's number either. The Ox could be a liability In some games I feel.

I don't know, I really like Ox, I've always waited for the day he just gets It and becomes world class but that day just doesn't seem to want to come, missing Ramsey as much as I've been annoyed with him lately Is going to hurt us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

While Bellerin was ridiculous going forward yesterday, defensively he was lost against Costa,

TBF, I don't think anyone has done any better than being lost against Costa so far this season. He's a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

While I think that's great, we don't have room for that kinda stuff now, we need to be fielding strong experienced quality sides, Bellerin and the ox on the right is worrying. Two guys who are inexperienced and still developing.

While Bellerin was ridiculous going forward yesterday, defensively he was lost against Costa, It's not the first time someones had Bellerin's number either. The Ox could be a liability In some games I feel.

I don't know, I really like Ox, I've always waited for the day he just gets It and becomes world class but that day just doesn't seem to want to come, missing Ramsey as much as I've been annoyed with him lately Is going to hurt us.

I think Ox getting a run of games isnt bad at all but the problem will be if (when?) he breaks down. Then our options start to become more limited and more square pegs in round holes emerge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

And Ramsey didn't offer much help to bellerin last night in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ramsey is a loss, his form has been sketchy but he probably is the only one that offers an element of protection when played on the right.

That said Ox has had starts but never a proper run of it with a fully fit Arsenal squad, I for one am looking forward to seeing if he can step up. If he can deliver the performance he can deliver then he improves the first 11 and makes the right very dangerous.

I get its not the time to be having to do this while we are on form, but there isnt a choice here Ramsey is injured someone has to come in and Ox is the most obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

How long before Real or Barca come calling for Bellerin? You just know its gonna happen as he is a very special talent. Never realised Cashley was released from his contract, what a fall from grace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

wonga77 wrote: »
    How long before Real or Barca come calling for Bellerin? You just know its gonna happen as he is a very special talent. Never realised Cashley was released from his contract, what a fall from grace

Well seems we nabbed him from Barcelona you can bet it will start!

Probably harass him at the euros next summer like they done to cesc!

emmetlego wrote: »
    I said it at half time, and I'll say it again. I think Per deserves huge credit! Yes, our system didn't leave him isolated, but he was facing down arguably the most in form striker in the world at present, and he didn't give him an inch! I thought he deserves praise as he has so many doubters in here. He was the foundation of last nights superb game.

Still buzzing. Amazing game!
    Which is why I've said it's absolutely mental for people to be calling for Gabriel to play in his spot.

Delighted with the win. A Guardiolia team falling into playing keep-ball instead of football.

Also I was delighted to see Ramsey go off. Not happy to see a player injured but he was incredibly wasteful all match. Oxlade-Chamberlain wasn't great but at least it's less often that he's the clog in the drain when we try to break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Which is why I've said it's absolutely mental for people to be calling for Gabriel to play in his spot.

Delighted with the win. A Guardiolia team falling into playing keep-ball instead of football.

Also I was delighted to see Ramsey go off. Not happy to see a player injured but he was incredibly wasteful all match. Oxlade-Chamberlain wasn't great but at least it's less often that he's the clog in the drain when we try to break.

Ramsey is so much more involved in games though and is more likely to help the team out centrally. Ox is too peripheral for my liking and I think we're really going to miss him against better teams (such as Bayern in a fortnight!)

Ramsey wasn't great going forward but he was absolutely vital for tracking back. Don't think we'd have been as good defensively if Ox started in his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ramsey wasn't great going forward but he was absolutely vital for tracking back. Don't think we'd have been as good defensively if Ox started in his place.

I like Ramsey for his workrate BUT he was poor last night and offered Bellerin little or no support in that first-half last night.

greendom wrote: »
    Ramsey is so much more involved in games though and is more likely to help the team out centrally. Ox is too peripheral for my liking and I think we're really going to miss him against better teams (such as Bayern in a fortnight!)
    Yet we were more comfortable without Ramsey on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I would start giroud up top and Walcott from the right this weekend

Also we're starting to get a bit threadbare in midfield no more injuries please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

When is Wilshere due back?

When is Wilshere due back?

Who? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Who? :pac:

You might know him better as Diaby MK2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yet we were more comfortable without Ramsey on the field.

Or was it with Giroud on the field?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement