Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

There was t ime I would be delighted to see Ox given a chance but these days I hate to see him starting. RW might need to be addressed if Ramsey is out for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ox is brainless. Directly culpable for that goal as he insisted on glorying his hole off as usual.

He looks so out of sorts it's unbelieveable, anytime he's on the ball he loses it. This was his time to stand up but he looks like he can't be bothered. Shame we gave away a jammie goal cause Everton caused us no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Unfortunate goal to concede and can't disagree about the Ox. He always tries to do the difficult fancy thing...never the right simple option. would have been a great chance for Bellerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Was about to come on and slate Ox... But my Arsenal brethren have beaten me to it. One black mark on a sweet 1st half performance... Still, we have plenty to beat these, but that goal puts the cat amongst the pigeons!

Chambo reckless with the ball before Everton's goal :mad:

There was t ime I would be delighted to see Ox given a chance but these days I hate to see him starting. RW might need to be addressed if Ramsey is out for long.

He's only out for the three games following this then he's back after the International break. But once Welbeck and even Wilshire get back then the right side will be covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

It's a relatively simple fix for Ox. He's putting himself under unnecessary pressure by trying to do so much, if he just takes less out of the ball and makes a few simple passes to teammates, he'd look four times the footballer.

99% of what Cazorla and Ozil do is just keeping the ball moving by finding teammates in space quickly (obviously the other 1% is the special bit, but you get the point!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

It's mind boggling some of the stuff Ox does. I really think he has the potential to make it u every season he seems to decline more and more! He hasn't shown anything so far this season and that mistake that led to Everton goal is truly awful. Smashing the ball against the defender when the shot was NEVER on?? Bellerin out wide SIMPLE PASS..... take the sensible option when 2 up Ox please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The quality of crosses for the Arsenal goals were top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The ox had a shocking half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Great cross but I thought Howard could have been stronger for the 2nd goal. If a player is winning a header few yards out you have to blame the keeper.

Ozil's ball was just perfection but Santi was equally special. I'm just worried now for this 2nd half cause Everton can step it up. Hopefully we can go out and finish the job off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Juvinile from the Ox, he had decided to work a shot and even when it wasn't on, didnt change his mind. Its like a swimming pool out there, not a day for overdoing it. He's still young but doesnt seem to be improving much.

Playing pretty well overall though.

Pathetic dive from the Everton lad, had the cheek to go mental then like he was fouled!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Ox giving it away again right at the restart. Didn't see the bench, what's our options? Is Debuchy there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Juvinile from the Ox, he had decided to work a shot and even when it wasn't on, didnt change his mind. Its like a swimming pool out there, not a day for overdoing it. He's still young but doesnt seem to be improving much.

Playing pretty well overall though.

Pathetic dive from the Everton lad, had the cheek to go mental then like he was fouled!

Can't understand why he wasn't booked. It was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The Ox hasn't been good enough so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Those seats at the Emirates seem to be fading badly (at least the ones pitchside). They seem to be more pink than red now. Are the club going to replace them?

blueser wrote: »
    Those seats at the Emirates seem to be fading badly (at least the ones pitchside). They seem to be more pink than red now. Are the club going to replace them?

I'm not sure any of us on here are in a position to answer that question unless Ivan Gazidis has an account on here.

I'm not sure any of us on here are in a position to answer that question unless Ivan Gazidis has an account on here.
    I was wondering if the club had made any sort of announcement, or whether there was anything on Arsenal forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

blueser wrote: »
    I was wondering if the club had made any sort of announcement, or whether there was anything on Arsenal forums.

The colour of the seats in the stadium is the least of our worries now haha

Giroud is having a great game. Winning everything.

We are playing some lovely stuff but ud feel we need a third to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well 2-1 is far from safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

In fairness to the Ox he's done much better this half. One lovely run and another chance for Sanchez. He's still young. He just needs to stay injury free for 3-4games.

Sanchez isn't getting much change out of Coleman so far. Giroud having a great game so far, cracking shot off the bar just now.

Cheap booking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Alan Smith is either on the fence or totally against arsenal with decisions.

Never sticks up for them.

Ox off Flam on

Remember last year we had a chance to go 5 points clear I think at home against Everton?

They equalised in the 90th minute:(

Ox should have got the curly finger long ago. Absolute insanity from Wenger to persist with him for near 80 mins.

His confidence is at his ankles at the moment

• Advertisement

What the hell was Monreal doing saying it wasn't a free kick???

Keiron Gibbs 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

I knew he'd take Sanchez off early for a rest!

That's surely a card!

Ozil is the best player in the league at the moment. Cant see an argument against it.

There's Alan Smith again sticking for the opposing team.

Ozil is the best player in the league at the moment. Cant see an argument against it.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Loving that clenched fist from Gabriel after that tackle.

We top of the league yet?

Ox should have got the curly finger long ago. Absolute insanity from Wenger to persist with him for near 80 mins.

His confidence is at his ankles at the moment

That's precisely the reason ya don't whip him early. You answered yet own question I think.

Super win.

• Advertisement

Top of the league....were avin a laff!!

A bit harsh on GazBaz there; he got there as quick as he could!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Gabriel celebrating after his tackle! Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

TOP OF THE LEAGUE (briefly). WOOHOO

That's precisely the reason ya don't whip him early. You answered yet own question I think.

Super win.

Bullshít, it could have been to the detriment of the team.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

366592.png

• Advertisement

Lookin very strong. cazorla can lay claim to that also perhaps? So important at gettin the ball to Ozils part of the pitch and dictates our tempo. If I were a rival manager I'd man mark Cazorla and see
    what it does to us.

They are both delightful to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Very important 3 points.
    In the past, we had cases after a Champions League game where we would throw away points.

Great game from Gabriel and Ozil is an absolute joy to watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Serious win that

This team is starting to move now, cech with a brilliant save at the end. Last year we draw games like that

Got murdered in here not so long ago for saying we have a very good chance for winning the league, I really think we will come
    Close

Great Win, you could see us tiring in the last 20 minutes. But that was a great performance from the lads. Ozil and Carzola were excellent. Giroud was great too. It's these type of results that make you champions, now give half the team a rest on Tuesday and bring on Swansea next weekend.

Bullshít, it could have been to the detriment of the team.

It really isn't. Look at the reality of it. Ramsey gone for a month. No other obvious player for right wing. Ox has shockin first half. Improves slightly in second half. As he improves you encourage it ya don't whip him after 60 mins and further dent his confidence when he looks to be and feels he s doing better.

As I say...Wenger has to play the long game here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement