Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

greendom wrote: »

The Dailymail!? I'll wait for Arsenal to announce It thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Dailymail!? I'll wait for Arsenal to announce It thanks very much.

Do the Mail have a history of this ?

They are quite possibly the worst newspaper for bull**** exaggerated click bait stories in the history of the world.

The Beeb are a little more tentative...

David Ornstein ‏@bbbcsport_david now30 seconds ago
    Arsenal close to Cech signing for around £9.5m. Deal in principle & personal terms agreed, just finer details to sort #AFC #CFC

They are quite possibly the worst newspaper for bull**** exaggerated click bait stories in the history of the world.

example of where they have stated done deal, to be later found to be erroneous ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

They've a history of being ****! :pac:

In their eyes the deal is practically done and they want to be the first to announce it.

example of where they have stated done deal, to be later found to be erroneous ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2345452/Arsenal-finalise-Gonzalo-Higuain-deal-Wayne-Rooney-next.html

The Beeb are a little more tentative...

David Ornstein ‏@bbbcsport_david now30 seconds ago
    Arsenal close to Cech signing for around £9.5m. Deal in principle & personal terms agreed, just finer details to sort #AFC #CFC

Edit: Nevermind fake account

it's a fair cop gov :o

although that story did have this caveat...

Only the fact the Spanish club do not have a manager in position to sign the deal off is delaying the completion of the transfer.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Edit: Nevermind fake account

thanks for the spot - I'm on form today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

What a top top signing. I know a few here really rate Szc and Ospina but lets be honest, they are nowhere near good enough for a team challenging for major honours. We got ourselves a top 5 GK in world football. One down and two to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Massive signing

Has It been announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Have we Shat our load to early boys???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Still nothing official lads...

The Mirror states he's signed too and is not quoting the Mail. Should wait for Arsenal.com or at least the BBC to be completely confident though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not done as far as I'm concerned, BBC at a bare minimum to make me even believe it's close.

Nope, we're waiting for the Barbers input.

XFmpeeW.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Not done as far as I'm concerned, BBC at a bare minimum to make me even believe it's close.

I'm the same. Getting confident of gettin it done though

Seems to be very quite on the Arsenal front otherwise.

• Advertisement

Arsene Wenger reacting to Cech signing (If true)

https://vine.co/v/ehz5tuxTgxH

Striker and DM and a run at the league and no embarrassment in the CL is all I want. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cech is as good as done I would imagine, the DM don't have a clue but when it is confirmed they can say they were the first to announce it and might get more people viewing their articles.

02 & 03 - Back to back FA Cups
    Sign Jens Lehmann (33)
    03/04 - Undefeated

14 & 15 - Back to back FA Cups
    Sign Petr Cech? (33)
    15/16 - ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats some underpants gnomes rate logic there. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What I want to know is of Stephen Hunt were to play a game at the Emirates, do we have to boo him now or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I always thought that was partiucularly braindead of the chelsea fans. It's not like he "did him". It wasnt a Keane tackle. He slid into him and it was his knee into Cech's head. Complete accident.

Feel sorry for Ospina though. Should be the other chancer making way for big Petr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I've done my share of moaning about the club and the transfer policy, but I really don't get the people who aren't behind the signing of cech. Experts on these forums going on about his decline, he's not great etc. maybe he has declined somewhat but here we are on the verge of signing a proven top keeper and people find a reason to moan. Some people genuinely are never happy. It's a unique position to be in with a top gk available like This and I'm delighted it looks to be happening. Read an interesting conparison to when UTD signed VDS when many thought he was past it and he did pretty well at his time there winning 4 PLS and a CL. Give me an "average" Cech above what we currently have any day of the week. Now let's get the DM and Striker we all want. Howedes would have been a good upgrade on Monreal and a versatile CB but it wasn't to be

Who genuinely isnt happy with signing Cech? Id love to hear the reasons.

No more OooooooooSPINA!!

... Thats all i got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A question for you Arsenal fans, what did Ospina do wrong? I watched a fair few Arsenal games last season and he looked like a very good keeper to me. I'm very surprised that Wenger is signing Petr Cech. Cech is a top class keeper but I don't see it as an enormous improvement on Ospina.

eagle eye wrote: »
    A question for you Arsenal fans, what did Ospina do wrong? I watched a fair few Arsenal games last season and he looked like a very good keeper to me. I'm very surprised that Wenger is signing Petr Cech. Cech is a top class keeper but I don't see it as an enormous improvement on Ospina.

He didnt do much wrong, was just solid. Wouldnt cost us many points but wouldnt win us any either. A great #2 that will find himself unfortunately out of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 5m5 minutes ago
    Reports Arsenal have signed Petr Cech are premature. Negotiations progressing but currently no deal in place #AFC #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Re: Monreal, I don't there's too many players available now that would be an upgrade on him. I think he was fantastic last season and am quite happy with him as our first choice LB for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

It's not done yet. Gotta wait till it's confirmed really. Things can change very quickly as we have found out in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

eagle eye wrote: »

Nothing, its AW showing a more ruthless side that's become apparent in the last year or so (dropping Woj, shipping Poldi out) which I'd imagine is down to us having more cash. He keeps saying if top quality is available we'll get it and that looks to be the case here. Ospina loses out because WS is homegrown, if he wasn't I'd imagine it'd be Ospina staying. **** buzz for him but we'll apparently get ~£4-5m for him making Cech's acquisition cost a net £5-6m which is excellent business imo. 4 years ago we were buying the likes of Park for £5m. :o

With Cech there for 4-5 years, then Szcz stepping up, we're perfectly placed for a gk for the next 10 years.

Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

Efb wasn't totally excited but I am not sure why.

happiest I have been about a prospective keeper signing since Seaman.

ronjo wrote: »
    Efb wasn't totally excited but I am not sure why.

happiest I have been about a prospective keeper signing since Seaman.

Agreed. Its a real strong statement of intent again. Could be worth an extra 6-9 points to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

People getting excited about an unwanted Chelsea player, shows were still a second tier club In England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

People getting excited about an unwanted Chelsea player, shows were still a second tier club In England

Miserable attitude. people are getting excited about possibly signing one of the best keepers in the league, Cech is not an unwanted player, if Jose could have his way cech wouldn't be going anywhere

Must...Resist...Replying.... AHHHH CAN'T DO IT!!!

Maybe people are getting excited because we're about to sign one the top 4 GK in world football?
    Or maybe because we're fixing a position that for a lot of people was a major weakness.

Also the above logic is absolutely stupid.

I know, it's terrible. We shouldn't have got excited about Ozil or Sanchez either as they were "unwanted" by their clubs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cech yo'self fo you wreck yo'self :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

There are only 2 better then him in England. One was ahead of him at Chelsea and the other is about to head to Spain anyway. Cant think of any others bar maybe Lloris i would rather, although he wouldn't fill me with confidence either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

I'd rate Cech higher than Lloris tbh, but I suppose there's not much in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wenger out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd rate Cech higher than Lloris tbh, but I suppose there's not much in it.

Hope he's better than Lloris as he's not much good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement