Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Home; new provider already set-up; porting number to new address terminates se

Options
  • 16-06-2015 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My parents are about to move home. They are currently eircom customers for phone and internet - etalk & efibre - 18 months from 20th March 2014.

A new UPC account for all services has already been set-up in the new apartment for them. I am going to get UPC to port their existing telephone number to the new apartment, and I understand from UPC that once I do that, phone and internet service at the existing address will be lost.

What will happen in the existing house? There is 3 months left on the contract, so how much would it cost to cancel the remainder of the contract? Alternatively, is there a cost to have a new number attached to the existing account for the remainder of the contract?

The parents are obviously not interested in doing anything that would result in an extension  to the contract, so if the cancellation fee is greater than the remaining contract fee, they will just see out the remainder of the contract. In that instance, what notice will be required for the contract not to roll-over upon expiry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

wowy wrote: »
    Hi,

My parents are about to move home. They are currently eircom customers for phone and internet - etalk & efibre - 18 months from 20th March 2014.

A new UPC account for all services has already been set-up in the new apartment for them. I am going to get UPC to port their existing telephone number to the new apartment, and I understand from UPC that once I do that, phone and internet service at the existing address will be lost.

What will happen in the existing house? There is 3 months left on the contract, so how much would it cost to cancel the remainder of the contract? Alternatively, is there a cost to have a new number attached to the existing account for the remainder of the contract?

The parents are obviously not interested in doing anything that would result in an extension  to the contract, so if the cancellation fee is greater than the remaining contract fee, they will just see out the remainder of the contract. In that instance, what notice will be required for the contract not to roll-over upon expiry?
    Hi wowy

A move of eircom service to the new address will renew an 18 month contract as the initial contract was agreed upon provision of service to the initial address.

The cancellation fees (while still in contract) are as follows:

Broadband - €150
    Phone line - €100

It would be highly advisable to contact our cancellations team on free phone 1901 and they can access much more information and shed much more light on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Hi,

Hi wowy

A move of eircom service to the new address will renew an 18 month contract as the initial contract was agreed upon provision of service to the initial address.

Broadband - €150
    Phone line - €100

It would be highly advisable to contact our cancellations team on free phone 1901 and they can access much more information and shed much more light on this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for that.

Spoke with Cancellations, and it turns out I had the wrong date so they were already out-of-contract, so no problem anymore.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Hi wowy

Broadband - €150
    Phone line - €100

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for that.

Spoke with Cancellations, and it turns out I had the wrong date so they were already out-of-contract, so no problem anymore.

Cheers.
    That's good to hear wowy - Thanks for updating the thread.

Wishing your parents all the best in their move :)

Al

Advertisement