Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox wireless problem

Options
  • 16-06-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Bought my son an xbox 360 and we went through the motions and settings and eventually connected wirelessly to xbox live via UPC HORIZON but its saying the current network configuration may limit the ability to join a multiplayer game which he is rying to play games with his cousin.Then it was saying about a NAT error and to consult your router or modems manual for steps to enable UPnP because this could cause problems multiplaying etc,also I saw a previous post here on boards where it had a link going to the horizon webpage to enable UPnP and change authentication to WPA instead of WPA2 and wireless security mode to WPA-PERSONAL.
    I followed his post to a tee and entered a new passphrase and successfully reconnected all other devices in the house to the wifi but the xbox is saying WIRELESS NO CONFIGURED and to visit the xbox website for help.

QUCK UPDATE
    Was able to figure out the wifi on the xbox so have connected to the internet and it shows to xbox live too,thought that was it but when I went back to the HOME menu its saying that " XBOX LIVE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON CONSOLES IN MY REGION and another says XBOX IS NOT AVAILABLE ON CONSOLES IN MY AREA"
    Any help would be appreciated because tech is no fun for kids if its not working,cheers....

Advertisement