Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damaged spool

Options
  • 16-06-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

I noticed on my spare spool for my spinnin reel there a chip at the top of the spool, when i was using it last night it started to fray the line, i knocked the chip off but the line still frays on the indent, the spool is metal is there a filler ya can use to even it out or maybe sell the spare spool to some else,:pac::pac::pac:, or jus bin it...thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

There's a filler called chemical metal you can get in auto factors which is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ill buy it off ya lol.
    If the dent is small try and file it down a bit and put clear varnish or nail varnish on it. Once its dry rub a bit of cotton wool off it. If the cotton wool still catches its fit for the bin or ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

thanks lads

Advertisement